Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (140910 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan: This is scary ooo, asking ones husband to go for HIV test out of no where will definitely kill something in that marriage if he is innocent(never cheated) , what really is the way forward

Snazzy I really don't understand how a woman who never cheated can keep a positive HIV result to herself, that means she has been making love to him knowing her positive status, things dey happen oo.

I asked her dat question oo. But she said because hubby was not always around it was easy for her to hide it. That the few times they made luv she insisted they use condom based on her doctors advice, and luckily for her, CDs were given to them at the antenatal class, so it was easy for her to use it as a cover up.

My sister, things dey happen sha o!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
snazzylove:

I asked her dat question oo. But she said because hubby was not always around it was easy for her to hide it. That the few times they made luv she insisted they use condom based on her doctors advice, and luckily for her, CDs were given to them at the antenatal class, so it was easy for her to use it as a cover up.

My sister, things dey happen sha o!

I can't stop imagining an innocent woman discovering a positive HIV status and still being able to contain it within herself. Once an innocent woman contacts HIV, her husband is the next person she confronts. For this one to keep to herself suggests that she might not be that blameless and innocent after all. Which man will not question why a doc suggested condom for his already pregnant wife? She might have tailored this gist to absolve herself,nah them sabi angry.

Congratulations on your new baby dear, may God protect and preserve him for you.

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan:

I can't stop imagining an innocent woman discovering a positive HIV status and still being able to contain it within herself. Once an innocent woman contacts HIV, her husband is the next person she confronts. For this one to keep to herself suggests that she might not be that blameless and innocent after all. Which man will not question why a doc suggested condom for his already pregnant wife? She might have tailored this gist to absolve herself,nah them sabi angry.

Congratulations on your new baby dear, may God protect and preserve him for you.

Na dem really sabi my dear. I didn't go poking my nose into whatever it is she told her husband that her doc advised.

One really need to be careful and be as close to ur spouse as much as you can. Never giving room for little misbehaviours. Talk, talk, and continue talking with each other. Make communication a hobby, that way, it will be easy to handle challenges when they arise.

Thanks dear. Hugs

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan:

Exactly. My experience is usually immediate anger and most times they call their spouses immediately who come in mostly reluctantly for counseling and testing.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

Exactly. My experience is usually immediate anger and most times they call their spouses immediately who come in mostly reluctantly for counseling and testing.

That's the reason am suspecting that may be the woman ate ikpa ngwugwo once or twice, so she suspected herself and kept quiet about her status, only to discover that her husband is the * * in Dbanj's voice**importer....exporter...HIV...cocowater sad.

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
snazzylove:

Na dem really sabi my dear. I didn't go poking my nose into whatever it is she told her husband that her doc advised.

One really need to be careful and be as close to ur spouse as much as you can. Never giving room for little misbehaviours. Talk, talk, and continue talking with each other. Make communication a hobby, that way, it will be easy to handle challenges when they arise.

Thanks dear. Hugs

Things like this is the reason I don't subscribe to privacy in marriage, some things could have been discovered and nipped in the bud if only couples paid more attention to each other. I find it hard to fathom how a spouse could be on drugs for months, even years without the other knowing.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan:
Things like this is the reason I don't subscribe to privacy in marriage, some things could have been discovered and nipped in the bud if only couples paid more attention to each other. I find it hard to fathom how a spouse could be on drugs for months, even years without the other knowing.

Exactly, all those who shout and insult spouses who suspect their partners for checking their phones are on their own.

If my spouse starts acting funny, I ask and dont satisfactory answers I will check oh, if it can be nipped I know what to do.

When I was dating if I see funny things I ask you to unlock your phone so I can check. That saved me from 2 bad relationships and I thank God everyday I saw what I saw on those phones and saved myself from heartache.

My spouse on the other hand is so open from day 1 so I never even considered touching his phone, all I need to know I ask and I am told immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

Exactly, all those who shout and insult spouses who suspect their partners for checking their phones are on their own.

If my spouse starts acting funny, I ask and dont satisfactory answers I will check oh, if it can be nipped I know what to do.

When I was dating if I see funny things I ask you to unlock your phone so I can check. That saved me from 2 bad relationships and I thank God everyday I saw what I saw on those phones and saved myself from heartache.

My spouse on the other hand is so open from day 1 so I never even considered touching his phone, all I need to know I ask and I am told immediately.

Really on their ownoooo , people hide a lot in phones, i should be able to do whatever I please with my spouse 's phone. People won't do certain things if they know it will be discovered. I always say, a woman won't be scared of her husband 's phone if she is sure he isn't hiding something , avoiding his phone like plague shows that you know he has something to hide but don't want to discover it to safeguard your heart.

6 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 4:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
snazzylove: .
I guess the woman is as guilty as her hubby for keeping her status from her husband till she found proof. What if she didn't find any proof, i am sure she would have done the same thing hubby did. So i don't think she is innocent either.....

Who knows whether the hubby was also thinking like her and wondering where he got it from but was too afraid to ask the wife.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan:
Really on their ownoooo , people hide a lot in phones, i should be able to do whatever I please with my spouse 's phone. People won't do certain things if they know it will be discovered. I always say, a woman won't be scared of her husband 's phone if she is sure he isn't hiding something , avoiding his phone like plague shows that you know he has something to hide but don't want to discover it to safeguard your heart.

On their own totally. Was it not through checking phone I discovered someone just wanted to marry me to cover up his sexual orientation? I would have been crying and lamenting now because I chose ignorant "bliss" its not for me abeg.

If we are honest and open with each other then we have nothing to hide. Why would anyone be screaming dont touch each others phones as if its a worst crime than the cheating itself?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by sunvick(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
For that woman to hide dis most dreaded disease for days upto even weeks shows she ain't absorbed from dis crime. She can even do worst than that.
OR
She contracted it outside n tried using cd so as to save hubby frm been infected, not knowing hubby has already upgraded his status b4 her.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
sunvick: For that woman to hide dis most dreaded disease for days upto even weeks shows she ain't absorbed from dis crime. She can even do worst than that.
OR
She contracted it outside n tried using cd so as to save hubby frm been infected, not knowing hubby has already upgraded his status b4 her.
cheesy cheesy lmao at the choice of words

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
Danm. My sharp mouth is speechless today. H-I-WHAT??
I swear I don't think I want to get married again.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by aderonila18: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
That's why I don't understand how so many Nigerian women close their eyes to the husbands cheating and excuse it saying men will be men. In these days of STDs such women are playing Russian Roulette with their lives.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by samtol4(m): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
Infidelity a great monster that destroy home without remedy ! if you can't be faithful don't marry because there is no excuse tenable for infidelity .if you find it very difficult to be faithful when you are single it will take a miracle to be faithful after wedding. Infidelity is a spirit once is upon a man or a woman it takes GOD to deliver.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 6:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan: This is scary ooo, asking ones husband to go for HIV test out of no where will definitely kill something in that marriage if he is innocent(never cheated) , what really is the way forward

one could just include it as part of a regular bi annual check up. Not making it solely about the HIV test may help to distract that that is what it's about. Just convince him it's a family health awareness thing cheesy
Thank God for some companies that make sure they conduct tests every so often for their staff. All yours truly has to do is to demand the result upon release. Every woman has a right to know what she's opening her legs to receive. Even the husbands should be concerned too even if they trust their wives. All those manicure and pedicure and sharing needles in the hair salon can prove to be a risk if madam is the careless type. I don't even want to mention infidelity on the woman's part cos them dudes fit swear for me grin.

Snazzy I really don't understand how a woman who never cheated can keep a positive HIV result to herself, that means she has been making love to him knowing her positive status, things dey happen oo.

right? Or maybe she found an excuse to avoid love making. Hmm
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

On their own totally. Was it not through checking phone I discovered someone just wanted to marry me to cover up his sexual orientation? I would have been crying and lamenting now because I chose ignorant "bliss" its not for me abeg.

If we are honest and open with each other then we have nothing to hide. Why would anyone be screaming dont touch each others phones as if its a worst crime than the cheating itself?

As in gay?wow! shocked
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
Cococandy, bi annual check up out of the blues?If there is any HIV to contract ,the person is just going to discover the new status since it is intended to be annual. Well, keeping and maintaining a dental record makes it possible for one to get screened twice a year.

The best is for partners to know what is going on with their spouse , chances of contracting the virus is less when you know you are living with a possible vector. Waiting for a whole year is like going for a confirmation of a new status.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
beeevan:
As in gay?wow! shocked

Yes oh Gay as shit. Telling some guy that am a "good girl" and no one would suspect that after 2 kids if I like I should leave. I had my suspiscions something was not right and he was extremely secretive and would have so many nud-e pictures of ladies on his phone all to cover up.

Now I hear he is getting married I just feel sad because if you say something it will be as if you are jealous but when you ask women to do diligence they would rather be carried away with being a wife. The Lady he is marrying now I am sure if she is observant she may see the signs yet decide to ignore or worst still decide she can "manage" or "change" him then a year from now come writing Nairaland story

Funny thing is the guy is a church front liner lol.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
aisha2:

Yes oh Gay as shit. Telling some guy that am a "good girl" and no one would suspect that after 2 kids if I like I should leave. I had my suspiscions something was not right and he was extremely secretive and would have so many nud-e pictures of ladies on his phone all to cover up.

Now I hear he is getting married I just feel sad because if you say something it will be as if you are jealous but when you ask women to do diligence they would rather be carried away with being a wife. The Lady he is marrying now I am sure if she is observant she may see the signs yet decide to ignore or worst still decide she can "manage" or "change" him then a year from now come writing Nairaland story

Funny thing is the guy is a church front liner lol.

My sister thank God for you, Naija marriage is by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by DonaTee(f): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hmmm wonders wil not cease @ ikot-ekpene junction!
... According to dis story d woman was too blind to notice thing n wen she noticed she wasn't to persistent to knw wat drusg d man was taking. Wat if it was cocaine n other illicit contraband substances?
...Also I pondered y she discovered her status n was afraid to scream out? Y did she not repeat d test or confront her Dh? Was she doubting her HIV status maybe b4 marrying d man? Or is she too desparate to remain "married" y she was questioning how she contracted it?
...Dere is not point staying back if she doesn't want to b4 she wil comit #homicide wit "otapiapia" out of anger n depression.

Wat she needs modt now is to accept her condition n make d most of free treatment given to retroviral positive women to protect her baby. I pray d baby scales thru!

Men can b wicked! Years bak dis same story happened dat d man was positive. He was asked to tell d wife n bring her for counselling n testing. He refused @a point he lied dat he has told d wife n she is receiving treatment elsewhere.

Somehow after 5yrs a woman registered in d same hospital for recurrent illness n was tested positive$ she already had "full blown Aids" she was sooo flabbergasted! She was afraid to tell her dh. She was later given drugs n how to take d drugs. Dat was wen she remembered her dh takes some drugs regularly!!! She went home n compared deir drugs n it was same! Haba!
She confronted her husband. D idiot beat her up, sent for her family members n packed her bags out for her. Dat was how d man infected her, hid his status til she got sick n chased her out. She came bak to d hospital devasted. Anyway thnk God she picked up her life, continued her treatment n got better.

Dis life? More pple r cheating even after d propaganda n even true life stories dat happened to pple dey knw yet... D exhilaration of d sexcapades has ruined reasoning n respect for deir lives n deir patners.

*zooms off*

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by isokey: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Uhmmnn, i'v been following silently. feel so cold and weak after reading through. I'm overwhelmed n short of words

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by damiso(f): 12:07am On Aug 06, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed Gosh both husband and wife na wa.
Very sad..All this for max 30 mins enjoyment. undecided Na wa o.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by ayaomoade: 12:32am On Aug 06, 2014
I have been following this thread and i must say that it is very interesting to see women support each other. My prayer is that God will make our homes heaven on earth.

I also agree with checking of phones. I check hubby's phone from time to time and he knows i do. Not that i don't trust him. I trust him but men can be careless in terms of their friendship with ladies. While they think they have a friendly relationship with a lady, the lady might be plotting an impeachment order against the wife and preparing to swear herself into his life permanently.

I check his phone to know more about him. Who he talks to and their line of conversation. I like to be in the know and i know how to handle it well.

11 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 06, 2014
It's the poor baby I'm sooo sorry for.How could your pal swallow a HIV +ve result and keep quiet?An innocent person would go into shock and do something drastic.Theres certainly something fishy.However,some people would rather die than throw themselves at the mercy of their spouses and beg for forgiveness.Wickedness abounds

There's a thread for HIV positive people on NL basically encouraging each other but I was very shocked at how one of them hatched an elaborate plan with the help of his doctor and another nairalander to break the news to his wife,he just couldn't come clean,admit his mistakes and beg her.it took him 3 months but to his credit he was remorseful he was using protection unlike the wicked wizard.

Below is what he posted in January
[b]
For your information, i'm Hiv+ and married. I got to know about my status last september but broke the ice to my wife just today about my status. Its something i have been fighting for the past three months on how to go about it over this period but with the help and advise of a Hiv+ person on this forum and that of my doctor, we proposed a tactics i used and it was a success. I'm not saying that, it ll work for everybody because people are different.

i feigned to my wife for about three days that i was not feeling too well and that if it persist, i ll go to the hospital for medical checkup. Incidentially she said sho would accompany to also make some complain. When we got to the hospital, we explained how we were feeling about our health condition to the doctor. After the examinations, he told us we re goin to carry out a comprehensive test in a bid to assist in the treatment (these are all arranged). The doctor collected our blood samples and asked us to come back in two days time.

Meanwhile, before we went back to the hospital, i have called the doctor and he told me my wife is negative. I was so happy for her status as she has not been infected despite having unprotected sex with her before my confirmation status anyway. Since then, i have been on rubber with her. Though using rubber is not new to us before now so it doesnt breed suspicion.

Finally, we met the doctor this morning. Meanwhile , before he started with her result, he did all those their talk talk counselling and told her she is very ok as she is negative and all other test results are excellent. He carried my result and told her my cd4 count is low and i tested positive to hiv. he continued immediately telling her not to worry that the disease is just like diabetes, hypertension and other ailments where there ll be drug regimen for the treatment. I saw my wife almost shedding tear but she held herself back and started consolling me not to worry, that she ll be there for me.

The doctor told her, she has to be by my side and need my support in ensuring that i take my drugs and all will be fine with me. My wife affirmed that, she ll not relent in her duty as a wife and with this i almost cried for the love she showed me.

This is my story and this was how my wify got to know about my status. OP, this may not work for you as you are not yet couple as against me who is married. But you have to disclose your status to her, the earlier the better. I wish you best of luck.
[/b]

At least he was kind enough to protect her and cared enough to make sure she received medical attention but his reluctance to come clean may be because he was cheating and still having unprotected intercourse with her...it is best that we humans realise that we hold our health and wellness in our hands. Don't let anyone jeopardise it.If you are married to a cheat and want to die there,please go for tests and never ever stop using condoms,not for yourself but for your kids.I don't want anyone to raise my kids for me or use them as house helps because I turned a blind eye,because I was doing privacy,because I refused to be bold enough and confront suspicions and then died in the process.We keep remembering only AIDS..what of herpes,what of genital warts? I don't know if I can live under the same roof with someone who gives me an STD..THE THOUGHT IS UNBEARABLE. It would take Angel Michaeal personally standing there and blocking the door to prevent me from kicking him out or walking out with my kids. If I now choose to reconcile later,fine but you have to disappear for a while for your own good.

In my home,nothing like privacy.All phones and emails are free for all and because of this atmosphere,I don't feel the need to snoop.If I want to snoop,I will snoop without apology,if I have suspicions,I ask.If you like lie.I will dig till I am satisfied.I do not believe ignorance is bliss.
For me,the se xual act In infidelity isn't the only killer,but the deception and lies involved.I just don't know if I'll ever be able to get past it.I doubt seriously.

7 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by BABE3: 12:49am On Aug 06, 2014
ayaomoade: I have been following this thread and i must say that it is very interesting to see women support each other. My prayer is that God will make our homes heaven on earth.

I also agree with checking of phones. I check hubby's phone from time to time and he knows i do. Not that i don't trust him. I trust him but men can be careless in terms of their friendship with ladies. While they think they have a friendly relationship with a lady, the lady might be plotting an impeachment order against the wife and preparing to swear herself into his life permanently.

I check his phone to know more about him. Who he talks to and their line of conversation. I like to be in the know and i know how to handle it well.

what does checking his phone solve in the real sense?

What if he already fűcked her before the phone conversations started?

What if he deletes his call logs, messages and emails? In this age of smart phones, isn't it very easy to cover your tracks?

plus, won't a man that knows his wife snoops around take extra measures to cover his tracks?

Just wondering.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 06, 2014
^^
It's better to be proactive than die in silence in the name of turning a blind eye.
Some are suspicious but choose not to speak out till they've gathered evidence.Some choose to die in silence as long as the man is doing his duties.
Those that cover tracks will definitely slip up and get caught one day.
There's no way a spouse is cheating and you won't know or at least feel some atom of unease.There will always be something different.
It's always best to nip things in the bud,but if the deed is done it's left to the catcher to decide what to do to the catchee.Plus rush foe thorough medical checks ,protect ones self etc
If I'm married to an unrepentant cheat,I'll either leave,force you to leave or lock up forever..if I don't have the liver to arrange a sugar baby for myself,I buy a massive dil do and vibra tor to hol body and soul together grin

BODY NO BE FAYAWOOD

However,in the case of a good man or woman that slipped up,they may be able to get past the betrayal after thorough counselling and move on..

Congrats on your baby snazzy,please just be a friend and listen,be there for her through this tough time but Don't suggest what she should do.Let all her decisions be hers b4 you talk the one that will land you in hot soup..

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by BABE3: 1:09am On Aug 06, 2014
^^

It's not a matter of dying in silence. If you have a substantial reason to suspect he's cheating, I guess it's okay to snoop around.

but routine checks?

How long before this turns to paranoia? How long before he gets constantly accused falsely? How long before this affects the marraige?

The idea of constantly looking for "evidence" and "something wrong" in a marraige is tedious.

It's extremely easy (too easy) to cheat and get away with it nowadays. How many minutes does It take to fück? So far he's not sloppy and he's smart; he can cheat and and get away with it.

hispinkolo: ^^

Those that cover tracks will definitely slip up and get caught one day.

That's exactly my point; isn't it possible you could have contracted something from him in this period of "covering tracks"?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 06, 2014
^^
Routine checks?? Mennnnn,who has that energy..I don't subscribe to routine checks,too tedious.if I feel something is not right,I ask..if I'm not satisfied,I investigate.

On the question,I honestly don't know what I'd do for sure..

My first reaction may be to use the phone as a weapon,then scream down the house,cry,maybe bleach his clothes and ask him to leave for a while or move to another room.I just know I won't react nicely to infidelity,or ask why in a calm voice especially when I know the hard work I've been doing wining waist not less than 4x a week.

Is he a good man who's made a mistake and is repentant?If yes..I'd dig deeper to find the root of the problem and see if we both can work and get past it.plenty therapy and new ground rules.Both of us will submit to health checks if the thing was physical,6 months gap to be sure that HIV is absent.Tracking apps must be placed in the phones,and we will buy iron pant.Till or if ever trust is restored.

This is a hypothetical response...I'm in reality not that forgiving

Otapiapia in the case of a useless man..

How long will a cheater cheat and not get caught?How can you be in tune with your spouse and not know when something is off? I feel the kind of energy put in to be sooo smart that you can't be caught would be enormous.And for someone to go that far,the person must be lucifer junior..Straight drop kick in the balls for starters

I strongly believe that if you and your partner are in tune and he is cheating,your instinct will go off..There will be a difference ..behavior wise,there's always something

In life though,there's no 100%...if you then catch a bug with the smart a ss,fix yourself and DEAL with him/ her later in whatever way suits you.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by BABE3: 1:47am On Aug 06, 2014
^^^ The energy to cover your tracks can't/won't be enormous in this day and age. Except you go looking for hair strands and DNA samples on this shirts and pants.

"Instinct will go off" ke? Behavioral change could be due to anything.

That's why I said it's tedious to keep going through phones without having any tangible reason to be suspicious.

"My husband has been moody for the past couple of days, let me go through his phone, he's probably cheating"?

My point? Pray you end up with a man/ or a woman that'll be smart enough to use a condom/take precautions if/when cheating.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 06, 2014
^^
God forbid that I make that prayer..which kain prayer be that? I have better things to ask God for,I sure as heck won't be spending my time asking God to make a man/ woman use condoms.It is the cheating partner that should be praying to God about my reaction WHEN not IF I eventually find out.
The way you choose to interprete behavioural change is up to you...I'm speaking for myself that IF my hubby is cheating,I would know or at least suspect because there will be something different. WHY? Because I know him,because I live with him and because I like to believe we are in tune with each other.You can't know a person 100% but you know some core values. Who the heck checks hubby's phone cos he's moody or happy or sad..Come on! Why would that even make a normal person suspicious?

If he decides to cheat,it's on him.He knows the stakes and I WILL know...I'm sure I will know not because I'm feeling sharp but cos I know I will know.God has given me the catchery spirit smiley..
Go and ask people who's spouses have been cheating,they will tell you something changed..
Remember that humans are creatures of habit..when something new seeps in something has to give way and make space for the new thing.Sometimes,hubby comes home and something is wrong but he tries to act as if all is well.How come you are able to sense that something's just not right?Its just there and if you prod a little,it comes tumbling out.

May God continue giving me the grace to be sensitive to him and he sensitive to me.

By enormous effort,I don't mean just technologically..I mean emotionally and mentally.

15 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by megamindmaster(m): 4:30am On Aug 06, 2014
BABE3: ^^^ The energy to cover your tracks can't/won't be enormous in this day and age. Except you go looking for hair strands and DNA samples on this shirts and pants.

"Instinct will go off" ke? Behavioral change could be due to anything.

That's why I said it's tedious to keep going through phones without having any tangible reason to be suspicious.

"My husband has been moody for the past couple of days, let me go through his phone, he's probably cheating"?

My point? Pray you end up with a man/ or a woman that'll be smart enough to use a condom/take precautions if/when cheating.

Sleep doesn't want to come again, after reading your friend's story @ snazzylove. One thing that we may not be thingking is that "cheating" that has become a lifestyle is now a spirit, and not just one careless act, and funny enough cheating always comes with lies(of course to cover track), behaviourial changes, you name them. Its just so better never to allow that spirit creep in the the union or relationship. What will always help this is total openeness and communication like Snazzylove always talks about. As a matter of fact ehhh, if a lady makes me have butterfly in my stomach(which hapened once or twice in the past), I tell my fiance oo. We talk about it. We take measure and before long, the person never existed. On one ocassion she notice I fancy a girl arround even as harmless as I was. She asked me and I didn't admit immediately. I did later admit and she wasn't happy. That caused some frictions and I took a decision that day, no more "ego", we'll talk about even the fly that flys around the house...lol.that is the foundation we layed, and we have been so healthy. To me, to be free and open is much more easier and better than lies and covering tracks here and there. My phone is her phone, her own is mine. We can make calls on behalf of each other and use our phones anytime. It so hurts me whenever I come across that word "cheating". I am not surprised this man can do this... Cheating opens a door to many other evils... God will help your friend @ snazzylove, she will have that baby. I don't know how but God will heal her heart and give her peace again. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.