Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (141180 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by egopersonified(f): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
GboyegaD: @Snazzylove,
Your friend isn't fit to be a mother.

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by GboyegaD(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
temi4fash: Sir, I find it distasteful telling someone she is not fit to be a mother. Is there a criteria for been a mother?? Please give advise if you want to. And stop throwing jabs at the woman. I remember vividly when I was younger and my mum caught me gambling she beat so te I can remember asking if na she born me. But am a better person for it today. Everyone style of parenting is different the fact that hers does not align with yours does not in anyway make her less of a mother. But to these post me don't no what to say oo.. Brain is still loading. But am sure they must have caught or seen someone doing it.

Been abusive is very wrong and I find it amusing when in some cases we support it in the name of corrections. I'm so sure you feel the lady who asked the household to sit on an electric cooker last week is wicked and all sorts but truth is she is not in any way worse than this lady as well. Parenting styles differs no doubt nonetheless, inhumane treatment should be frowned at. My opinion though.

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: I meant like counseling

But then that should be after they are done trying to fix it themselves.
So yes it should be a thing of last resort.

Ok
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Wendy80(f): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good Morn E-Family, Not been here in awhile. Been very very busy lately jare. But I get gist 2day sha embarassed des an issue concerning my mate and I don't know how to handle it.
She's been married for 5years now. According to her b4 she got married to her hubby, he was dating someone who resides in the UK and they were still very much 2geda but She still went ahead to date him. She was aware of d Chick in the UK but didn't really care since she's here with him, eventually he married her‎.
She's been worrying her hubby 2get som Tshirts for himself (for himself oh)to replace d wornout ones he has and h‎e agreed. Just 2weeks ago she stumbled on chat btw hubby n Ex about helping him to get some Tshirts and sending dem thru a friend who's in d UK for hols. She agreed and even sent him som pics of d clothes while in a shop. To cut long story short the clothes arrived yesterday and she's really been bitter and had to tell me about it this morning. The 1st question I asked her was if she has had any occasion to doubt his trust and she said No and I told her to relax it might just be a harmless chat but I'm in a dilemma cos in the 1st place she can't talk about it since her source is his phone which she doesn't want him to know about.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by oluwabukunola(f): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Emioga: Mine is worse.my MIL and BIL stay with us despite they have 3 houses of their own.its been tough bt to make matters worse hubby will tell u 'its my house and u didnt give me money and u r d visitor ,if u aint comfortable move out''.marrige aint sweet i tell ya
what! Is he insane or what oops! Sorry about dat. Ahn! Ahn! Which kain man be dat. Hmm God is your helper o.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
why is it so easy to abuse peoples husbands. then you now put a halfhearted sorry oo.. undecided

@oluwabukunola
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
oluwabukunola: what! Is he insane or what oops! Sorry about dat. Ahn! Ahn! Which kain man be dat. Hmm God is your helper o.
sorry o but we don't curse our hubbys here...
no insults pls

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
oluwabukunola: what! Is he insane or what oops! Sorry about dat. Ahn! Ahn! Which kain man be dat. Hmm God is your helper o.
madam we don't do these here.... Are you sure you have an husband??

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
GboyegaD: @Snazzylove,
Your friend isn't fit to be a mother. .

I don't know the generation you belong to. But if you belong to my generation am not sure you would have spoken in dat manner.

Parenting styles differ. And here is Naija where 'koboko' has been used as a form or restoring sanity in kids since 19...

So are u saying that our parents were never fit to be parents??
Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
GboyegaD:

Been abusive is very wrong and I find it amusing when in some cases we support it in the name of corrections. I'm so sure you feel the lady who asked the household to sit on an electric cooker last week is wicked and all sorts but truth is she is not in any way worse than this lady as well. Parenting styles differs no doubt nonetheless, inhumane treatment should be frowned at. My opinion though.
I think we belong to different school of thought as regards these maybe because of my growing up and where I did grow up. The one about the maid to me is extreme. And I don't have problem with your school of thought but with your statement of her not been fit to be a mother. Your use of words.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by GboyegaD(m): 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
snazzylove:

I don't know the generation you belong to. But if you belong to my generation am not sure you would have spoken in dat manner.

Parenting styles differ. And here is Naija where 'koboko' has been used as a form or restoring sanity in kids since 19...

Smh undecided

I grew up in that same generation as you and I think many parents missed it because many of those kids missed it because they got hardened with the beatings. I guess I was carried by my emotions and the fact that the punishment was way beyond necessary if the foundation isn't checked.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
temi4fash: I think we belong to different school of thought as regards these maybe because of my growing up and where I did grow up. The one about the maid to me is extreme. And I don't have problem with your school of thought but with your statement of her not been fit to be a mother. Your use of words.

I retract the part where I said she isn't fit. But for me, I did categorize both actions as same.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Maybe he paid the EX for the cloths.

Wendy80: Good Morn E-Family, Not been here in awhile. Been very very busy lately jare. But I get gist 2day sha embarassed des an issue concerning my mate and I don't know how to handle it.
She's been married for 5years now. According to her b4 she got married to her hubby, he was dating someone who resides in the UK and they were still very much 2geda but She still went ahead to date him. She was aware of d Chick in the UK but didn't really care since she's here with him, eventually he married her‎.
She's been worrying her hubby 2get som Tshirts for himself (for himself oh)to replace d wornout ones he has and h‎e agreed. Just 2weeks ago she stumbled on chat btw hubby n Ex about helping him to get some Tshirts and sending dem thru a friend who's in d UK for hols. She agreed and even sent him som pics of d clothes while in a shop. To cut long story short the clothes arrived yesterday and she's really been bitter and had to tell me about it this morning. The 1st question I asked her was if she has had any occasion to doubt his trust and she said No and I told her to relax it might just be a harmless chat but I'm in a dilemma cos in the 1st place she can't talk about it since her source is his phone which she doesn't want him to know about.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
GboyegaD:

I grew up in that same generation as you and I think many parents missed it because many of those kids missed it because they got hardened with the beatings. I guess I was carried by my emotions and the fact that the punishment was way beyond necessary if the foundation isn't checked.

Even the bible said we should not spare the rod ans spoil the child. If you read the post very well, she didn't beat on first and second occassion, but on the third, after she probably realized that talking may not do the job.
Yes she was extreme with the pepper stuff, buh am sure she knew its not detrimental to his health besides he's too young to understand.
I want to believe she is a good mother cos she doesn't want her son becoming something else tomorrow or start getting reports from his teachers that he's molesting his classmates in any way.

However like I said earlier, parenting styles differ.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
All those things are abuse.

Koboko that peels the skin
Pepper to the privates and eyes.

They are inhuman treatment that deserve jail time.

We can be kind and say those generation of parents didn't know better.
But it isn't ideal form of parenting.
And for all the mean punishment and all what not,is our society better for it? undecided

They should be kept in the past. Where they belong!
snazzylove:

Smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
GboyegaD:

Even the bible said we should not spare the rod and spoil the child. If you read the post very well, she didn't beat on first and second occassion, but on the third, after she probably realized that talking may not do the job.
Yes she was extreme with the pepper stuff, buh am sure she knew its not detrimental to his health besides he's too young to understand.
I want to believe she is a good mother cos she doesn't want her son becoming something else tomorrow or start getting reports from his teachers that he's molesting his classmates in any way.

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
snazzylove:

Even the bible said we should not spare the rod and spoil the child. If you read the post very well, she didn't beat on first and second occassion, but on the third, after she probably realized that talking may not do the job.

Did you say putting pepper on his kini is not detrimental to his health? i don't think so. Besides, the pepper ish might not make him stop because he's too young to understand the correlation between touching his kini and having pepper on it as punishment. The woman is harsh o.....if she can do this to her own son, how much more what she can do to another's child..

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
hmm... maybe a new thread should be opened so that the pros and cons of beating can be well discussed
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
pickabeau1: hmm... maybe a new thread should be opened so that the pros and cons of beating can be well discussed
but what the woman did is not even beating now. I can imagine the pain and all for the little boy sad sad

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: All those things are abuse.

Koboko that peels the skin
Pepper to the privates and eyes.

They are inhuman treatment that deserve jail time.

We can be kind and say those generation of parents didn't know better.
But it isn't ideal form of parenting.
And for all the mean punishment and all what not,is our society better for it? undecided

They should be kept in the past. Where they belong!

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and how their parenting styles goes too

What works for you may not work for the other person.
Its not about past present or future. Its all about getting your kids on the right track. If you feel talking will do the magic for you fine, if someother person feels spanking or anyother form of punishment will still do the same magic, good.
So long as whatever method you chose to adopt does not bring physical, emotional, mental or any form of damage to the child.

I hate abuse, be it verbal or physical, buh I won't call occassional spanking of my childs bumbum an abuse. No.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Oahray: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
pickabeau1: hmm... maybe a new thread should be opened so that the pros and cons of beating can be well discussed
seconded...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmystrength: Did you say putting pepper on his kini is not detrimental to his health? i don't think so. Besides, the pepper ish might not make him stop because he's too young to understand the correlation between touching his kini and having pepper on it as punishment. The woman is harsh o.....if she can do this to her own son, how much more what she can do to another's child..

I never supported her on the pepper stuff and I told her so, just like you said the boy is too young to understand the correlation, cos according to her the poor boy later came to her to complain that his kini was paining him, she said she felt so guilty and sad, that she couldn't tell the boy it was becos of the pepper, she told him it was because he was touching it that's why its hurting him and adviced him to stop touching it.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmystrength: but what the woman did is not even beating now. I can imagine the pain and all for the little boy sad sad

Beating, whipping, scolding etc or else this thread will be spoiled..however its you n snazzylove call..

Oahray: seconded...

I think so too
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Wendy80(f): 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Maybe he paid the EX for the cloths.

I didn't ask her about payment but I will find out from her sha.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
pickabeau1:

Beating, whipping, scolding etc or else this thread will be spoiled..however its you n snazzylove call..

I think so too
i rest my case then.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmystrength: i rest my case then.

I rest my case too grin.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
snazzylove:

I rest my case too grin.

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
A 3 years old child understands very well and knows why he was punished, if pepper will stop that obscene behavior, then so be it. Kids can touch their stuff but usually when they are absent minded, this child seems to be paying so much attention to his thing and that's unusual. An adult may be abusing this child, this woman should keep her eyes on the ground .

Places where kids aren't spanked or punished, are they any better? If tough love is what it takes to set my child straight, i won't hesitate. Nah so rape they take start and if this rubbish doesn't stop, his lil sis go collect.

The pepper thing seems extreme but if it is effective, why not?

6 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
snazzylove:

buh I won't call occassional spanking of my childs bumbum an abuse. No.

Not the same as pepper and koboko. Those are extreme so I get gboyegad's annoyance.

beeevan: A 3 years old child understands very well and knows why he was punished, if pepper will stop that obscene behavior, then so be it. Kids can touch their stuff but usually when they are absent minded, this child seems to be paying so much attention to his thing and that's unusual. An adult may be abusing this child, this woman should keep her eyes on the ground .
Places where kids aren't spanked or punished, are they any better? If tough love is what it takes to set my child straight, i won't hesitate. Nah so rape they take start and if this rubbish doesn't stop, his lil sis go collect.

I think she should have even been more concerned about finding out why he's doing it.
Maybe things they see or watch when no one is looking or more dangerously if someone somewhere is touching him.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
beeevan: A 3 years old child understands very well and knows why he was punished, if pepper will stop that obscene behavior, then so be it. Kids can touch their stuff but usually when they are absent minded, this child seems to be paying so much attention to his thing and that's unusual. An adult may be abusing this child, this woman should keep her eyes on the ground .

and now, beevan sounds like my mother when I was growing up lipsrsealed
I love my parents but when I remember how much I went through in the name of 'correction' angry sad angry

really, african parents need to tone it down. Pepper on a lil boy's di*k, WTF angry

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
All na parenting.

And for all we know,it may be causing issues between some couples.

Chill. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.