Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,412 members, 7,958,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:46 AM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (18094 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: Jesus christ is not as wicked as the fanatical religious bigots . Adolf Hitler has a better chance at heaven than a lot of these hypocrites .
I don't even go to church. I have my own belief and view .
ok so just because the bible says the spirit of God was moving in the waters and then said let there be light ,you believe thats actually what happened ? that story is actually metaphorical . God which is light has always existed for all time .
also the earth is not only 6000 years old . the noah story and other numerous stories in the bible are not meant to be taken literally .

the garden of eden was not on this physical earth,it was a spiritual realm.
the imperfect physical earth and physical realm is what was inherited after adam and eve sinned. no one really knows how adam and eve landed on this physical earth from the spiritual realm . maybe they just suddenly found themselves with bodies in a forest etc. a cherubim was sent to guard the gate of the garden after adam and eve were kicked out . all of adam's offspring must overcome the serpent and resist the apple (temptations and evil) in order to return to the garden of eden (Heaven)
ok, I get ur view now, thanks tho' I dnt need, but I knew of ur ancient bedfellows "the Gnostics". Just address, the question I asked earlier, dnt pour all ur views on me.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by victorv12(m): 10:30am On Jul 20, 2014
God is something that men made up to feel less alone.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 20, 2014
_________
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:33am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: Jesus christ told them about eternal punishment so that they would be more serious about what he was saying . how could he tell them to commit adultery and murder that he will forgive them?
in the spirit realm there is no time and space . a single second in hell is like eternity. there's no time in the spirit realm. any human who goes to hell would call on God ,and God would save the person . no one is going to be in hell forever and ever and ever in terms of our perspective on this physical realm.
I just don't like selfish religious bigots who want other people to go to hell so that they alone can go to heaven.
wow!!! So ur "Jesus" had to fabricate "eternal punishment" to get the people to be serious Wow, and u somehow try to make me fit those ur "religious bigots" who wants everyone in hell except them! wow! I guess someone shld applaud u for being such a detective. Well I believe in the Bible and its scenes of "eternal punishment" not as a "so they could be serious". Thank U
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: so you think you are better than gaddafi or adolf hitler . if you really think so ,you are a hypocrite and religious bigot and should be actually condemned to hell forever and ever and ever and ever and ever even if you beg and cry for forgiveness .
Jesus christ loves Adolf Hitler more than hypocrites and religious bigots.
how much of a strawman can u attack in less than 1hr of abt 5 replies have I ever typed anyone of those names nor say I am better than they all?! Now I will even emphatically say it to you "yes I am better, as I haven't shed any human blood, not 1, but can u keep up wit the numbers they have?" Or wat can u say I hv done that u can assure me that these men haven't done (even if not worse)?. Thanks for ur eisegesis of both me and the Bible! So much for not forcing "views" on people. Thank U
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:41am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well you just have a shallow mind . you think you are better than Pol Pot or Idi Amin ? Jesus christ and God does not think like the wicked hearts of humans . a little 14 year old kid masturbating is simply normal human behavior . an atheist who doesn't believe in God probably had something bad happened to them that made them lost faith in God . God understand all of these more than hypocritical religious fundamentalist .
to u only, but why don't u ask God what "normal" is and stop relying on me to find "absolute truth" since I am not "infinite" in nature of knowledge and to ur Pol Pot and Idi Amin....my answer is an emphatic "YES". Check above for reasons! U can try prove otherwise
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by rhemal: 10:53am On Jul 20, 2014
J12: Bullshít.

is it by force to comment?

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Samunique(m): 11:07am On Jul 20, 2014
damosky12: GOD is not a being our senses can comprehend. So, HIS names can not be summed up into an entity. He is all that the word of God says HE is. HE is GOD. I call HIM 'FATHER' .
God bless u, u really hit the point!!!!

Jesus told us to call HIM " our father who is in heaven" the best way to understand and enjoy HIM more is to know HIM as your father.
Though HE has a name, HIS name is YAHWEY, including many titles.

All glory to HIM forever and ever. Amen!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Sachiopropty(m): 11:19am On Jul 20, 2014
I AM.

Metaphysical.I AM is God's name in man; it is Jehovah, the indwelling Christ, the true spiritual man whom God made in His image and likeness. The outer, manifest man is the offspring of the I AM, or inner spiritual man. By use of I AM we link ourselves with outer seemings--or we make conscious union with the Father, with Spirit, with abiding life, wisdom, love, peace, substance, strength, power,
Truth, the kingdom of the heavens within us.
The I AM always assures us that the preponderance of power is with the spiritual. Fear throws dust in our eyes and hides the mighty spiritual forces that are always with us. Blessed are those who deny ignorance and fear, and affirm the presence and power of the I AM. They behold the "mountain" (exaltation) "full of horses" (powerful forces) and "chariots of fire" (life energies) round about "Elisha" (spiritual I AM). (See II Kings 6:8-23.)

The I AM can also be explained as the name of the spiritual self, as distinguished from the sensate self. One is governed by God; the other, by self. Christ is the Scriptural name for spiritual I AM. Jesus called it the Father. It is the Father of the personal will, and a conscious unity between the two must finally be made to preserve the oneness of creation. That is what is meant by the phrase, "he that
doeth the will of my Father." We must do the very will of God in our will, which is virtually to surrender the whole man to God.
Spiritual character is the rock foundation of being. Build yourself into God and you will find yourself in heaven right here on earth. Let go the little self and take hold of the big Self: "Not my will, but thine, be done." The I AM of each individual is the will in its highest aspect. The will may be said to be the man, because it is the directive power that decides the character formation--which makes what we
call individuality.

I AM--Spiritual identity; the real or Christ Mind, of each individual. The I AM Being. God is I AM, and man, His offspring, is also I AM. I AM is the indwelling Lord of life, love, wisdom, and all the ideas eternally in Divine Mind.

The I AM is the name of the spiritual self, as distinguished from the human self. One is governed by Spirit, the other by personal will. Christ and Jehovah are the scriptural names for spiritual I AM. Jesus called it the Father. I AM is eternal, without beginning or ending: the true spiritual man whom God made in His image and likeness.
The I AM has its being in heaven; its home is in the realm of God ideals. It is the center around which all the thoughts of man revolve. The narrow concept of the personal I AM should be led out into the consciousness of the great and only I AM. Man identifies himself with that to which he attaches his I AM, and whatever he identifies himself with, that he manifests. Hitch your I AM to the star of Christ,
and infinite joy will follow as night the day. I AM identity--As the will of God, man represents I AM identity. Individual consciousness is
like an eddy in the ocean--all the elements that are found in the ocean are also found in the eddy, and every eddy may, in due course, receive and give forth all that is in the ocean. This is individual consciousness, freedom to act without dictation of any kind, selfhood without consciousness of cause, the power to make or break without limitation. I AM, used adversely--Man seeking happiness through sense pleasure. This is sin (missing the mark), and the wages are pain, sickness, poverty, and death. Think I AM in harmony with God-Mind,
and health, wealth, and harmony will be yours. "I am the light of the world"--(John 8:12). Refers to Christ as the expresser of Truth in all its
aspects.

Exo 3:14: "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Israel, is'-rOE-el (Heb.)--contending for God; striving for God; who prevails with God; a prince with God; dominion with God; rulership with God. The idea is a development out of that of contending with and prevailing over anything whatever. a Jacob's name was changed to Israel after he had wrestled with "a man" all night at "the ford of the Jabbok," and had succeeded in obtaining a blessing. "And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for thou hast striven with God and with men, and hast prevailed.... And he blessed him there" (Gen. 32:28, 29). b Israel is the nation that sprang from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, through Jacob's twelve sons (Gen. 49:28).

Metaphysical. The significance of the changing of Jacob's name to Israel is this: The mind controls the body through the nerves, and a great nerve, the sciatic, runs down the leg through the hollow of the thigh. The will acts directly through this nerve and when the individual, through his mentality or understanding (Jacob), exercises his I AM power upon the natural man in an attempt to make unity between Spirit and the divine-natural, there is a letting go of human will (Jacob's thigh is out of joint). A great light of understanding breaks in the struggling soul when it discovers that there is a divine-natural body, and it clings to that inner life and strength and eventually brings it to the surface in perpetual vigor. This is the significance of the blessing and the new name, Israel (one who has power with God and man, spiritual and material).

If you are like Jacob (supplanter, one who is journeying from place to place to find satisfaction) counting the past and looking to the future, change your attitude to that symbolized by Israel, and find peace in the Lord's reality. Israel as a nation, in its highest significance, symbolizes spiritual consciousness. The thoughts that have been wrought in Truth and righteousness make the spiritual mind, or spiritual consciousness
(Israel). In Numbers 21:1-3 Israel represents the reality of spiritual ideas in consciousness; the Canaanite represents the elemental life forces in subconsciousness. Through Israel the Canaanites are delivered unto Jehovah, or come under the law of Spirit and are transmuted into spiritual energy. Isaiah 19:23, 25 symbolically describes the unification of seemingly material substance (Egypt) and the psychic forces (Assyria) under the control of spiritual thought (Israel). "Israel" (a prince with God) is the real of man, that consciousness which is founded in God. It requires the story of Israel from Abraham to Jesus Christ to picture the growth and spiritualization of the whole man. The unfoldment and lifting into full spiritual consciousness includes the body of man,which must be unified with soul and spirit in Christ, that it may take on and manifest the true spiritual substance and character idealized of God in the beginning for man. In spirit, soul, and body each of us must come into the perfect expression of Godlikeness Faith is the foundation faculty or power in mind, through which spiritual man is brought forth. If you will read about Abraham, from whom the children of Israel are descended, you will see at once that he typifies faith.

Saul, the first king of Israel, represents the personal will. When the personal will does not recognize the right of I AM or Christ to rule, and does not make a union with wisdom and love, it becomes very obstinate and acts unwisely. Thus Saul brought great trouble to himself and his subjects, and had to give place to a higher phase of consciousness--was succeeded by David. Animals represent certain physical qualities in the organism. Horses stand for vitality; oxen, for strength; and so forth. A mule typifies some very stubborn phase of the personal man. In the case of David it depicts the obstinacy of the personal will (Saul), over which David gained dominion. David, who represents love (heart), makes a union with wisdom (top head). The human will is unified with the divine will and so is guided by love and wisdom. Thus David rides on, or has dominion over, the mule--the obstinacy of personal will. From this union of love and wisdom, the feminine and masculine principles within man, Solomon (peaceful, the wisdom consciousness) is brought forth into kingship. He reigns in peace, exercises wisdom, and builds the Temple--the body. He is the natural offspring or outcome of David's overcoming, and he judges wisely in ruling the people of Israel (the ideas that make up the real consciousness in man). The uplifting and redeeming of the entire man is not complete until man is born of Spirit and Jesus Christ comes to perfection in and through him. The spiritual body, which is the perfect-idea body in each of us, enters into the very cells of the seemingly physical body until the physical man manifests the real spiritual substance, intelligence, and life that underlie every form. It is through Spirit within us, the Christ or real self, that the intellect is quickened and Truth is established in consciousness. Jesus Christ was of the house of David (love) and He brought the law of love to perfect fruition. He also quickened all His faculties and powers. This process is typified by the calling of the twelve disciples, who, individually, represent different spiritual qualities. The twelve sons of Jacob are the first or natural bringing forth of the faculties, which culminate in a higher expression in the twelve disciples of Jesus.

Israelites, is'-rOE-el-ites (fr. Heb.)--descendants of Jacob; belonging to one of the tribes of Israel.
Descendants of Jacob, or Israel (Exod. 9:7; II Kings 3:24; Rom. 11:1). Metaphysical. The illumined thoughts in consciousness, which are undergoing spiritual discipline. They are the total of our religious thoughts. In the beginning of our journey from sense consciousness to spiritual consciousness, from Egypt to the Promised Land, not all these religious thoughts are awake to spiritual Truth, but among them are the highly illumined ideas and faculties that the many inspired leaders, judges, prophets, and kings of Israel represent. The Israelites represent the thoughts in us that belong to the Israel consciousness; they typify that in us which is always endeavoring to follow the inner leading of the divine law. They are our spiritual thoughts, the thoughts that pertain to the real and enduring ideas upon which man and the universe are founded.

The purpose of the spiritual thoughts in the body (Children of Israel down in Egypt) is to raise it up, gradually to infuse into it a more enduring life and substance. When you affirm the spirituality of your body and yearn for its release from bondage to material belief, you are making demands on Pharaoh, and in fear that he will all at once lose his hold on life he hardens his heart, and sometimes the Lord, the universal law of equilibrium, hardens it for him. Then there seems a failure to attain that which you have tried to demonstrate. But a step has been taken in the all-round evolution of the body, and you will find that you are gradually becoming stronger both physically and spiritually.

The Israelites in Egyptian slavery represent thoughts that once had the illumination of Spirit, but that have gone down into, and have become obscured by, matter and material conditions. The army of the Israelites represents an aggregation of thoughts in the mind of every individual--
thoughts that know Truth and strive to follow it. The army of Truth is made up of spiritual, invisible forces. The strong point of the Israelites was their faith in the one God. "The lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matt. 10:6) are the spiritual thoughts unaware of their real character.

The disciples were instructed to go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and not to the Gentiles or to the Samaritans, because the thoughts and the people that have a knowledge of Spirit are the first to be redeemed and taught Truth. Here is where man's greatest spiritual power is first developed. Afterward he will find a way to redeem the Gentiles--his sense thoughts.
Israelitish, is'-rOE-el-i-tish (fr. Heb.)--of or pertaining to Israel. Pertaining to the Israelites; in Leviticus 24:10, a woman of Israel.
Metaphysical. Pertaining to Israel, or to the Israelites; in this instance a religious thought activity that belongs to the soul in man.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dabayomi(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2014
His name is Jehovah...
To know more, visit www.jw.org
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Sachiopropty(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2014
Exo 3:15. The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham . I AM the God of Abraham

Abraham, a'-brå-ham (Heb.)--father (source, founder) of a multitude. Abram, son of Terah, of Ur of the Chaldees, and the father of the Hebrew nation (Gen. 11:27-31;17:5)

Metaphysical. The power of the mind to reproduce its ideas in unlimited expression. This ability of the mind to make substance out of ideas is called faith. When told by Jehovah that he was henceforth to be Abraham, Abram was told also that he was to be the father of a multitude. This means that one is to express faith by bringing the faith of God into the multitude of manifested thoughts and acts. The first step in spiritual development is the awakening of faith (represented by Abraham). We must have faith in the reality of the power of the realms invisible. Abraham, inspired by the Lord, went forth into another country, where his progeny, or manifestations, increased tremendously. Through faithful obedience to the inner urge of Spirit, we gradually develop communication with the supermind; then in various ways we receive the assurance that we are guided by Spirit. The early growth of faith is not very deeply rooted. Abraham lived in a tent, which illustrates that faith has not yet become an abiding quality of the consciousness. Through certain experiences and movements of the mind, faith takes a firmer hold; it establishes the firmament mentioned in the 1st chapter of Genesis. In Matthew 3: 9 Abraham represents a certain phase of consciousness in the development of the Adam man, who was formed out of the "dust of the ground." "God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." What we want is a baptism of mind that will free us from all the limitations of the Adam man and open our eyes to the Christ state, with its New Jerusalem environment, now forming in the heavens all about us.
Abram, a'-bram (Heb.)--father of height; father of exaltation; exalted father. Known as Abram, before God changed his name to Abraham (Gen. 11:26; 12:1; 17:5) Metaphysical.

Abram is the name that the author of Genesis gave to the quality through which man has faith in the forces invisible. When this faith is concentrated upon the one God, a God consciousness is established and man intuitively knows that he is in communication with the ever living
source of all existence. It was in this way that Jehovah communicated with Abram (Gen. 12:1).

Exo 3:15. The LORD God of your fathers, the God of ISAAC . I AM the God of ISAAC

Isaac, I'-saac (Heb.)--He (God) laughs; He will laugh; laughter; joy; singing; leaping. Son of Abraham and Sarah (Gen. 18:9-15; 21:1-7).
Metaphysical. Divine sonship. Isaac, meaning laughter, signifies the joy of the new birth and the new life in Christ, which is the spiritual consciousness of relationship to God the Father. Man rejoices greatly in his privilege of expressing as the son of God.

According to the text, Isaac was born after Sarah was past the age for bringing forth. Besides, she was barren, so that there was no possibility of his conception under the natural course of things. So we, when born of Spirit, are born, "not... of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." The natural man has no power to bring forth "the new man" in Christ Jesus. So Hagar's son could not be the chosen seed and heir. The new man is a "new creature," begotten by the divine seed, the Word. An entirely new state of consciousness is formed, fulfilling the admonition, let "Christ be formed in you."

When Isaac was weaned, Ishmael, Hagar's son, mocked him. This is the experience of every one in the new birth. The thoughts that are the fruit of the "mind of the flesh" rise up within and mock the new man. Here the overcomer has a work to do. Hagar, the bondmaid and her son must be cast out. Abraham grieves at this. So we sometimes grieve over giving up the fruits that we have brought forth in
the natural-man consciousness. Isaac was not noted for his achievements; he represents the serenity, peace, and joy that man has
when he accepts spiritual things as real, and lives "as seeing him who is invisible."

Exo 3:15. The LORD God of your fathers, the God of JACOB . I AM the God of JACOB

Jacob, ja'-cob (Heb.)--heel catcher; lier in wait; supplanter; leaving behind; bringing to an end; recompensing; rewarding.
The younger of the twin sons of Isaac and Rebekah, but the one who obtained the birthright
(Gen. 25:26-34; 27:11 to end of The Book of Genesis).

Metaphysical. Jacob and Esau represent the mental and the animal consciousness within each of us. Esau, the hairy man, typifies the animal, which comes first into expression. Most of the human family let him rule in consciousness; but in the line of human unfoldment this man of nature, Esau, must be supplanted by a higher type, called Jacob, the supplanter, the mentality or understanding. Jacob also represents an idea of the I AM identity, through which the faculties of the mind receive their original inspirations. Jacob had twelve sons, to each of whom he gave an office and each of whom he blessed, or inspired, with his spiritual wisdom. The Bible narrative about Jacob and Esau has always been read historically, and theologians have had trouble trying to excuse Jacob and Rebekah for the apparent duplicity that they perpetrated
upon Esau. When read in the light of spiritual understanding or considered as part of the history of the unfoldment of the individual soul, the incident loses its aspect of duplicity and we find that it is a description of the subtle working of the soul in spiritual evolution, under the guidance of Divine Mind. The soul is progressive. We must go forward. The soul must meet and overcome its limitations.
Esau was a hunter--he finds his pleasure in the realm of animal forces. The cravings of the lower nature are in the ascendancy--Esau gave his birthright to appease his hunger. The "red pottage" mentioned in the Scripture symbology refers to the life substance of the body. The natural man is first in man's evolution. First that which is natural, then that which is spiritual, says Paul. We all agree that a strong body is required to express a strong mind; that is the divine plan. The men of the new race will have robust bodies; they will not be weaklings mentally or physically. Healing of the body is fundamental in the outworking of God's perfect-man idea. The natural man is not wise. Esau was a hunter, and he loved sport better than Spirit. He was not seeking development through soul culture, and in order to carry forward the whole man it was necessary to supplant and suppress him. This is the meaning of the deception by Jacob and Rebekah. The mental must gain the supremacy and the physical must lose prominence. This is what Jacob and Rebekah did. They got Isaac (I AM) to acknowledge the mind as first in consciousness. Jacob went to another country, which represents apparent separation.

An explanation of Genesis 28:10-22 is as follows: Jacob (the mental) went toward Haran (high place): the mind enters a higher state of consciousness. At "a certain place" in consciousness the understanding is unillumined. "One of the stones of the place" that Jacob put "under his head" represents the contact of understanding with material conditions. The "ladder" represents step-by-step realizations of Truth. These pure thoughts (angels of God) ascend and descend in consciousness. "Jehovah," the I AM (verses 13 and 14), occupies the highest
place in consciousness. The spiritualized thoughts of the mind become the seed and bless all the earth (body consciousness).
The Lord is constantly in our midst, and we must eventually come into divine consciousness (verse 15). The mind is startled when it discovers God to be an omnipresent principle (verse 16). In verse 17 is represented the realization that the body (house) is the temple of God and that the mind is the gate to heaven (harmony). In the light of understanding, "the morning" (verse 18), the things that have been our steppingstones
become holy and we anoint them with oil (love, joy, and gladness). Beth-el signifies house of God. Luz means separation; that which has seemed separate and apart is brought into unity (verse 19). Verses 20 to 22 represent the first attempt of the enlightened mind to covenant with God and trust Spirit for all things. Keeping the law of giving and receiving is recognized as a step in spiritual
development.
Taking a wife symbolizes a unification of the I AM with the affections. Jacob was told to go to Paddan-aram (tableland) to the house of Bethuel (unity with God) and take a wife from the daughters of Laban (white, pure, shining) (Gen. 28:2-7). This points the way to a unification with the love principle in its higher aspects. Exalted ideas, divine aspirations, and pure motives are here designated as necessary to the union with the soul that the I AM is about to make. In Genesis 33:1-15 we read of the reunion of Jacob and Esau. In the 1st and 2d verses Jacob (the
mental) prepares to unite with Esau (physical expression). Mind and body must be joined before the divine law can be fulfilled. Verses 3 and 4: The mind must be unified with the body in all the seven natural faculties. When the union between mind and body takes place a humility born of surrender of the self comes into expression Verses 5-7: The women and the children here represent the accumulations of the mind.
Verses 8 and 9: The mind is willing to share its accumulations, but the body (Esau) cannot receive the gift until it has been uplifted. In verses 10 and 11 we find that, after mind and body are reconciled and adjusted, they share alike the gifts of Spirit.
Verse 12: Jacob, the mind, should go before and direct the body (Esau). Verse 13: The children, and the young animals in the flocks and herds, symbolize new ideas' being established in consciousness. Verses 14 and 15: There is not necessarily enmity between the mind and body of man, but only a difference in states of consciousness. The body becomes an obedient servant of the mind when the two
are unified in Divine Mind.

Jacob's well, ja'-cobÕs well.
A well near Sychar, a city of Samaria; it was at this well that Jesus met the Samaritan womanand talked to her about the true water of life (John 4:6).
Metaphysical. Inspiration through the intellect alone..

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AS YOU INCREASE IN WISDOM UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE.

[/b]
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by uch12(f): 11:27am On Jul 20, 2014
Chukwu ebeeyebe.. Ihe omime ka mu ji malu gi. Onye n' enoo egbe ma d bullets as well.
Baba God, odum nke ebuo judah.. Nchancha mmiri n'awa edea. Ohhh u r matchless, incomparable, agbalusia ngene, ekulu ngene nwua. Soo so ngi nke otito mu ya agalu.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Dicta18: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2014
He is the Lion of tribe of Judah, the ancient of days, the terror of Demons,the all-knowing -God! Okwuru oka, Iyi eri oba, muo na eri muo! Chi huru m mee mu ogaranya!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by seunbadmus(f): 11:39am On Jul 20, 2014
chinziaski: My God doesn't have a particular name. Because, he is Yahweh Sabahoth! Yahweh Nissi! El-Shaddai! Elohim! Adonai! The Mighty Redeemer! The Unchangeable Changer! Omnipresent and Omniscient! The divider of the Red sea! The Flame that never dies! My Problem Solver! My teacher! My First Love! The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! The Pronouncer of Good things! The Speech Maker! The Devil's Cure! The beginning and the end! The wonderful Creator! The Marvelous God! The king above all kings! The Perfect One! The Lover of my Soul! The Glorious One! Agidi Nwoke! Olohun to ju Olohun lo! Oluuuwwwwa! Chai, His names are numerous.
I disagree. He has a name which is Jehovah (Exodus 6:3). All the other ones you mentioned are titles. Jonathan is your president's name, Professor, Dr., GCFR, Commander-in-Chief, etc, are all titles.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by sniperwolf(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: The God Almighty, Omnicompetent, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnifarious,
The lily of the valley, The All sufficient One, The Beginning and The Ending, I am that I am, The Alpha & Omega, Lord of lords,
The First & The Last, Rock of Ages, The prince of peace, Adonai,
The maker of heaven & earth, King of kings, Jehova Nissi, Jehova Elohim,
Jehova Shamah, The Unchangeable Changer, HE the Same Yesterday, Today & Forever, Mighty Man In Battle, Elshadi.....e.t.c

I Refrence Your Majesty Lord!

Almighty
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by IGLE25(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Go and hug transformer..... Because your god does not have a name does not mean we should not reference our God... Abeg keep calling those lovely name O' jare.... The Almighty God.....

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2014
dabayomi: His name is Jehovah...
To know more, visit www.jw.org
actually Jehovah is a corruption of the name of God, check other sites on the site for origin of "Jehovah", the closest to the name YHWH, is Yahweh, which later on is mistranslated and pronounced Jehovah! We dnt need JWs to know the truth!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by diarra94(m): 11:52am On Jul 20, 2014
Hahaha religious people... it's really funny how people who claim to be intelligent and evolved end up easily deceived by a book full of fairy tales!!!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by naijanaso: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
To different people GOD appeared with different names.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by seunbadmus(f): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
dejilg: actually Jehovah is a corruption of the name of God, check other sites on the site for origin of "Jehovah", the closest to the name YHWH, is Yahweh, which later on is mistranslated and pronounced Jehovah! We dnt need JWs to know the truth!
It is not corruption of the name, but linguistics makes us understand that various names could have derivatives of sounds with various languages. When the white men called the Izon people Ijaw, it's a result of their accent. The yoruba will call Jesus, 'Jesu', etc...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by layez: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.

You mean countries like
Iraq vs Nig
Afghanistan vs isreal
America etc!!! Incredulous.. #smH

There is no God bt a creator hmmmmm!!! Supreme being..

Lemme clarify dat for u abit!!
There is a supreme being/creator
Xtians call him God
Muslims call him Allah
Hindus call him Budha
Yorubas call him Olodumareetc
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by layez: 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.

You mean countries like
Iraq vs Nig
Afghanistan vs isreal
America etc!!! Incredulous.. #smH

There is no God bt a creator hmmmmm!!! Supreme being..

Lemme clarify dat for u abit!!
There is a supreme being/creator
Xtians call him God
Muslims call him Allah
Hindus call him Budha
Yorubas call him Olodumare etc

there is God oooooooooo
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Cynthyworld(f): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
He's d God dat fetches water in d basket to dis grace d bucket

He's d God dat measures d ocean in d Hallowed of His hands

He's d God datz value His word more Dan His name
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by lilbazy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
I knw he 'll forgive you for you don't knw wat u are saying.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Ctemi(f): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2014
Alagbada Ina, Awamaridi I.e The unsearchable God, Adagba Mateba, Adagba Malogilasi.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by BodyKiss(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan: Hmmm.

This thread has changed my life. Such meaningful arguments and contributions.

You're joking right?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by BodyKiss(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kalvan: Hmmm.

This thread has changed my life. Such meaningful arguments and contributions.

You're joking, right?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by ijbeauty(f): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
Am a year older, stronger, wiser, blessed and ofcourse more beautiful...........

Happy birthday to me...... Wishing me many more and fruitful years ahead.............

And yes God is indeed great and mighty
The God of all tribes but He has no tribal mark
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by stag: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
Too many pedantic folks in this section undecided
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Kbraims(m): 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ofcourse HE is ALLAH God of one nd all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Happy Birthday To God's General - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.