Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (17918 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by technophile(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.

Oh Please will you just Shut Up! I know You are referring to America when you said 'non religious country', Have you ever seen their dollar bill? It is Boldly written on it: IN GOD WE TRUST!

Stop blaming the failure of your greedy leaders on God. It's better you give ur life to Christ and believe in him while you are still alive Now, 2morow might be too late for you.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 8:24am On Jul 20, 2014
maximunimpact: @op in all u said about God's name, u didn't even mention His name? His name is Yaweh or Jehovah! If u 4get 2 mention d most important aspect of ur Subject den what xatky do u knw about God? SMH

That's your mistake... The only name is the Creator.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by BenGlobal1(m): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2014
Jehovah "overdo"
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Adflex1(m): 8:26am On Jul 20, 2014
His Name is YAWEH, JEHOVAH,KING OF KINGS, THE EVERLASTING, ORIGINATOR,THE BEGINING & THE END,THE I AM THAT I AM, THE LION OF JUDAH., He has a SON, JESUS CHRIST OF NASSARETH,the descendant of Abraham whom he promised that his generation shall be kings and Queens over the earth,JESUS CHRIST IS THE MESSIAH, THE PRINCE OF PEACE, THE GOVERNOR OF THE NEW WORLD YET TO COME,. We that has recognise the king and the prince are children of GOD, Bless#
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Joel3(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2014
its time people know the truth. The creator of this world does not seek or need a worship. Mere gods does.

I am that i am is same as i am who i choose to be. Means he can be anything he want to.

Also people need to open their eye that the creator does not seek worship neither is he near to humans.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 20, 2014
Incomparable
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 20, 2014
J12: Bullshít.
yaa, at the mention of the name "JESUS" evry knee must bow. including ur bullshit legs

2 Likes

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Akalia(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2014
Let me let you all in on some insight about GOD'S name.
The two real names of Almighty GOD are 'JEHOVAH' and 'YAHWEH'. Now names like jireh(GOD will provide),El-shaddai, Rapha, Elohim e.t.c stand for the qualities of GOD and not the name of GOD. For instance, when you say JEHOVAH JIREH, your simply saying that GOD will provide cos JEHOVAH is GOD's name and JIREH depicts his quality as the all providing GOD.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by stexsy(m): 8:42am On Jul 20, 2014
the fact that anybody feels there is no God does not mean that there is no God. There is God
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by ceo003: 8:45am On Jul 20, 2014
hello friends check these out. click the link
below
https://www.nairaland.com/1810184/wonders-
sale
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by phayvoursky(m): 8:49am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

You deserve to be cursed, flogged and corrected. Only a fool will say there is no God.

Was it America or England that formed the foundations of earth?

My friend think straight else you will cry had I known.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by mifavour(f): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2014
really??
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Emma8043(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2014
Na heavenly thunder go fire u this early morning shey u know?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 20, 2014
He is my all in all
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2014
For me, when God Moses to tell the isrealites that I AM THE I AM sent him... what I think it's means is that I AM WHATEVER/WHOEVER/HOWEVER YOU SAY I AM....
Totally incomprehensible, My God is too much, for me I call the the the planner, Jehovah my arranger, the sustain-er, hehehehe even if you like call him Nature, all follow join, all that matters is reverence him.

My 9 cents.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by ICHINONYE(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
The Name Of The Almighty
1. His name is exalted because he Himself is exalted. Php 2:9 - 10

2. His name Can bring Terror to your enemies. Gen 35:5, Jos 2:9- 12, Isa 10:33

3. His Mighty Name Brings Protection and Deliverance. 1Ch 16:20-22

4. His Name is the Beginning and the Ending of All things. Rev 22:13 Rev 21:6 Rev 1:11 Rev 1:

Even a Blind / Deaf man can testify to dis, Ignore God @ur own miscomfort.
God rules 2day, 2moro n 4eva
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by AriDsexy(f): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Scyllapatron: the picture in that video is no other person but cardinal Cesare Borgia. christians fail to realize that the images they have in their churches and homes are portraits of cardinal Cesare Borgia.
take another look at the picture of jesus you have and observe the finger signs/symbols. ... the truth shall set you free.
Must you always try to convince us that there is no God reading from your previous post?We believe in God,so let us be....He is the first and last,the name above every other name.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by IGWISE(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2014
HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER. HE HAS NOT CHANGE AND WILL NEVER CHANGE
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: There is a God . I know alot of people might wonder why God does not interfere with all the evil going on in the world .
believe it or not , every single thing that happens in life is good . the malaysian airline plane which crashed is good . Adolf Hitler massacre of the jews was good . the biafran war and world wars were good . even if today is your last day on earth ,that is also good . there's no wrong . when you feel pain and disappointment ,that is good . someday you will understand why . it wouldn't happen if it's not good . our minds cannot wrap around it at this time .
your disbelief in God is also good for you .

The Creator interferes, humans just don't know it.

The Creator does not interfere cos of "it's" self-control, patience, wisdom, knowledge, understanding.e.t.c

By the way, if "it" interferes physically there won't be evil doers cos people would have seen "it" and feared and believed that "it" exists.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2014
stexsy: the fact that anybody feels there is no God does not mean that there is no God. There is God

This is called begging the question in logic: you are just simply asking readers to accept a conclusion as true without offering a reason for doing so. Because your assertion assumes something to be true that actually requires proof, your assertion is merely circular.

You simply re asserted your premise as your conclusion without proving anything. Until you offer proof of your premise, they cannot function as reasons to justify other claims.

To see the folly here, the table could be turned by a nonbeliever who would then say: just because somebody says there is God does not mean there is God. The is the problem with begging the questions or fallacy of circular reasoning. Let me demonstrate what I mean:

Your claim is: "the fact that anybody feels there is no God does not mean that there is no God." "There is God" (reason). Now we can see that the reason offered to support the claim is really just a restatement of the claim and nothing else. It is a classical logical fallacy.

Your premise is actually no different from your conclusion.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 20, 2014
_________
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by kimond101: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2014
He is Allah(God) who is one without no partners in his dominion and to him belongs all praises and you can call on God with 99 of his most beautiful name which he called himself.
Allah The Greatest Name
Ar-Rahman 1 The All-Merciful
Ar-Rahim 2 The All-Beneficient
Al-Malik 3 The Absolute Ruler
Al-Quddus 4 The Pure One
As-Salam 5 The Source of Peace
Al-Mu’min 6 The Inspirer of Faith
Al-Muhaymin 7 The Guardian
Al-’Aziz 8 The Victorious
Al-Jabbar 9 The Compeller
Al-Mutakabbir 10 The Greatest
Al-Khaliq 11 The Creator
Al-Bari’ 12 The Maker of Order
Al-Musawwir 13 The Shaper of Beauty
Al-Ghaffar 14 The Forgiving
Al-Qahhar 15 The Subduer
Al-Wahhab 16 The Giver of All
Ar-Razzaq 17 The Sustainer
Al-Fattah 18 The Opener
Al-’Alim 19 The Knower of All
Al-Qabid 20 The Constrictor
Al-Basit 21 The Reliever
Al-Khafid 22 The Abaser
Ar-Rafi’ 23 The Exalter
Al-Mu’izz 24 The Bestower of Honors
Al-Mudhill 25 The Humiliator
As-Sami 26 The Hearer of All
Al-Basir 27 The Seer of All
Al-Hakam 28 The Judge
Al-’Adl 29 The Just
Al-Latif 30 The Subtle One
Al-Khabir 31 The All-Aware
Al-Halim 32 The Forebearing
Al-’Azim 33 The Magnificent
Al-Ghafur 34 The Forgiver and Hider of Faults
Ash-Shakur 35 The Rewarder of Thankfulness
Al-’Ali 36 The Highest
Al-Kabir 37 The Greatest
Al-Hafiz 38 The Preserver
Al-Muqit 39 The Nourisher
Al-Hasib 40 The Accounter
Al-Jalil 41 The Mighty
Al-Karim 42 The Generous
Ar-Raqib 43 The Watchful One
Al-Mujib 44 The Responder to Prayer
Al-Wasi’ 45 The All-Comprehending
Al-Hakim 46 The Perfectly Wise
Al-Wadud 47 The Loving One
Al-Majíd 48 The Majestic One
Al-Ba’ith 49 The Resurrector
Ash-Shahid 50 The Witness
Al-Haqq 51 The Truth
Al-Wakil 52 The Trustee
Al-Qawi 53 The Possessor of All Strength
Al-Matin 54 The Forceful One
Al-Wáli 55 The Governor
Al-Hamid 56 The Praised One
Al-Muhsi 57 The Appraiser
Al-Mubdi 58 The Originator
Al-Mu’id 59 The Restorer
Al-Muhyi 60 The Giver of Life
Al-Mumit 61 The Taker of Life
Al-Hayy 62 The Ever Living One
Al-Qayyum 63 The Self-Existing One
Al-Wajid 64 The Finder
Al-Májid 65 The Glorious
Al-Wahid 66 The Only One
Al-Ahad 67 The One
As-Samad 68 The Satisfier of All Needs
Al-Qadir 69 The All Powerful
Al-Muqtadir 70 The Creator of All Power
Al-Muqaddim 71 The Expediter
Al-Mu’akhkhir 72 The Delayer
Al-Awwal 73 The First
Al-Akhir 74 The Last
Az-Zahir 75 The Manifest One
Al-Batin 76 The Hidden One
Al-Walí 77 The Protecting Friend
Al-Muta’ali 78 The Supreme One
Al-Barr 79 The Doer of Good
At-Tawwab 80 The Guide to Repentance
Al-Muntaqim 81 The Avenger
Al-Afu 82 The Forgiver
Ar-Ra’uf 83 The Clement
Malik al-Mulk 84 The Owner of All
Dhul-Jalali
Wal-Ikram 85 The Lord of Majesty and Bounty
Al-Muqsit 86 The Equitable One
Al-Jami 87 The Gatherer
Al-Ghani 88 The Rich One
Al-Mughni 89 The Enricher
Al-Mani’ 90 The Preventer of Harm
Ad-Darr 91 The Creator of The Harmful
An-Nafi 92 The Creator of Good
An-Nur 93 The Light
Al-Hadi 94 The Guide
Al-Badi 95 The Originator
Al-Baqi 96 The Everlasting One
Al-Warith 97 The Inheritor of All
Ar-Rashid 98 The Righteous Teacher
As-Sabur 99 The Patient One

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: yes thats true . there are invisible angels and beings watching us all the time ,they probably shake their head at the crazy things we do ,but they also understand that it's human nature . God is watching us all all the time ,we think we are actually alone . if we really were fully aware of God's presence and angels watching over all of our activities ,I Think humans would be more Cautious or even fearful.
God left us alone in the world to experience what it feels like without him,fear,suffering,hopelessness,anger, jealousy uncertainty etc. he wants us to make mistakes and learn .

U're wrong.

Angels too have emotions... Afterall Lucifer went against God.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

U're wrong.

Angels too have emotions... Afterall Lucifer went against God.

It's False, Angels don't have emotion, they like robots and do whatever God bids them.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

It's False, Angels don't have emotion, they like robots and do whatever God bids them.

So how did Lucifer(satan) and his supporters go against God...

There is no God, no angels...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well I don't know if they have emotions . but they are more perfect than we are . they have more compassion and understanding . they probably laugh at the things we do . I think they have a great sense of humor .

Satan was an angel

Satan and other angels that shared his views went against God...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

So how did Lucifer(satan) and his supporters go against God...

There is no God, no angels...

I was not not heaven and so I don't know... but using the Bible as our guide, tell me one of two places the Angel has actually displayed any form of emotion...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2014

just my thoughts too.
*just passing by* am very sorry o!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well I don't know if they have emotions . but they are more perfect than we are . they have more compassion and understanding . they probably laugh at the things we do . I think they have a great sense of humor ,more understanding of human nature and human behavior .
for example when a human being masturbates ,they feel very guilty and bad . i think the angels simply are amused by some of the crazy natural human behaviors displayed by human beings .
for example some very religious people who are hypocrites ,act all disciplined in public but do nasty stuff in secret. well I wonder what the angels and other spirit beings would think about that . maybe they think "look at that guy, who does he think he's fooling" grin

Angels don't think that...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophets That Call Phone Number / T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.