Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (17930 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
just my thoughts too.
*just passing by* am very sorry o!

Pass quickly grin
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2014
kimond101: He is Allah(God) who is one without no partners in his dominion and to him belongs all praises and you can call on God with 99 of his most beautiful name which he called himself.
Allah The Greatest Name
Ar-Rahman 1 The All-Merciful
Ar-Rahim 2 The All-Beneficient
Al-Malik 3 The Absolute Ruler
Al-Quddus 4 The Pure One
As-Salam 5 The Source of Peace
Al-Mu’min 6 The Inspirer of Faith
Al-Muhaymin 7 The Guardian
Al-’Aziz 8 The Victorious
Al-Jabbar 9 The Compeller
Al-Mutakabbir 10 The Greatest
Al-Khaliq 11 The Creator
Al-Bari’ 12 The Maker of Order
Al-Musawwir 13 The Shaper of Beauty
Al-Ghaffar 14 The Forgiving
Al-Qahhar 15 The Subduer
Al-Wahhab 16 The Giver of All
Ar-Razzaq 17 The Sustainer
Al-Fattah 18 The Opener
Al-’Alim 19 The Knower of All
Al-Qabid 20 The Constrictor
Al-Basit 21 The Reliever
Al-Khafid 22 The Abaser
Ar-Rafi’ 23 The Exalter
Al-Mu’izz 24 The Bestower of Honors
Al-Mudhill 25 The Humiliator
As-Sami 26 The Hearer of All
Al-Basir 27 The Seer of All
Al-Hakam 28 The Judge
Al-’Adl 29 The Just
Al-Latif 30 The Subtle One
Al-Khabir 31 The All-Aware
Al-Halim 32 The Forebearing
Al-’Azim 33 The Magnificent
Al-Ghafur 34 The Forgiver and Hider of Faults
Ash-Shakur 35 The Rewarder of Thankfulness
Al-’Ali 36 The Highest
Al-Kabir 37 The Greatest
Al-Hafiz 38 The Preserver
Al-Muqit 39 The Nourisher
Al-Hasib 40 The Accounter
Al-Jalil 41 The Mighty
Al-Karim 42 The Generous
Ar-Raqib 43 The Watchful One
Al-Mujib 44 The Responder to Prayer
Al-Wasi’ 45 The All-Comprehending
Al-Hakim 46 The Perfectly Wise
Al-Wadud 47 The Loving One
Al-Majíd 48 The Majestic One
Al-Ba’ith 49 The Resurrector
Ash-Shahid 50 The Witness
Al-Haqq 51 The Truth
Al-Wakil 52 The Trustee
Al-Qawi 53 The Possessor of All Strength
Al-Matin 54 The Forceful One
Al-Wáli 55 The Governor
Al-Hamid 56 The Praised One
Al-Muhsi 57 The Appraiser
Al-Mubdi 58 The Originator
Al-Mu’id 59 The Restorer
Al-Muhyi 60 The Giver of Life
Al-Mumit 61 The Taker of Life
Al-Hayy 62 The Ever Living One
Al-Qayyum 63 The Self-Existing One
Al-Wajid 64 The Finder
Al-Májid 65 The Glorious
Al-Wahid 66 The Only One
Al-Ahad 67 The One
As-Samad 68 The Satisfier of All Needs
Al-Qadir 69 The All Powerful
Al-Muqtadir 70 The Creator of All Power
Al-Muqaddim 71 The Expediter
Al-Mu’akhkhir 72 The Delayer
Al-Awwal 73 The First
Al-Akhir 74 The Last
Az-Zahir 75 The Manifest One
Al-Batin 76 The Hidden One
Al-Walí 77 The Protecting Friend
Al-Muta’ali 78 The Supreme One
Al-Barr 79 The Doer of Good
At-Tawwab 80 The Guide to Repentance
Al-Muntaqim 81 The Avenger
Al-Afu 82 The Forgiver
Ar-Ra’uf 83 The Clement
Malik al-Mulk 84 The Owner of All
Dhul-Jalali
Wal-Ikram 85 The Lord of Majesty and Bounty
Al-Muqsit 86 The Equitable One
Al-Jami 87 The Gatherer
Al-Ghani 88 The Rich One
Al-Mughni 89 The Enricher
Al-Mani’ 90 The Preventer of Harm
Ad-Darr 91 The Creator of The Harmful
An-Nafi 92 The Creator of Good
An-Nur 93 The Light
Al-Hadi 94 The Guide
Al-Badi 95 The Originator
Al-Baqi 96 The Everlasting One
Al-Warith 97 The Inheritor of All
Ar-Rashid 98 The Righteous Teacher
As-Sabur 99 The Patient One
...and he still lends his name to Boko Haram? na wa o!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: this might sound like blasphemy , I just have my own personal belief . I think God is ALL. That is my own personal conclusion i came up with . I dont want to say that he is both The good and evil. it's too complicated . What I am trying to say is that God is simply ALL.

God does not do evil but he allows for better goods to come
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 20, 2014
________
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

So how did Lucifer(satan) and his supporters go against God...

There is no God, no angels...

If there is no bad, good won't be appreciated, neither right without wrong
With out Devil, God won't be appreciated!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:42am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

I was not not heaven and so I don't know... but using the Bible as our guide, tell me one of two places the Angel has actually displayed any form of emotion...

Satan and his "like minds" going against God is display of emotions.

Angels killing first born sons is display of emotions.

Angels that destroyed sodom is display of emotions.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:43am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: I know that he does not do evil . I wish i could find the right words to explain because what i'm saying sounds like blasphemy. i just know that he is everything . he is everywhere in all eternity . the eternity and everything ever conceived in all of eternity is God .

Thus " I am the I am
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:44am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: this might sound like blasphemy , I just have my own personal belief . I think God is ALL. That is my own personal conclusion i came up with . I dont want to say that he is both The good and evil. it's too complicated . What I am trying to say is that God is simply ALL.
the good and evil are complimentary . the light and darkness are complimentary. God is All.

I've also thought about that... But its humans that have that evil... Just that the evil is displayed on the wrong people(the innocent).
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

Satan and his "like minds" going against God is display of emotions.

Angels killing first born sons is display of emotions.

Angels that destroyed sodom is display of emotions.

Define emotion, then re-read what you have said...
When you tell your Computer to delete a File what does it do?
Read those stories again, the Angels was on an errand and that he did.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

If there is no bad, good won't be appreciated, neither right without wrong
With out Devil, God won't be appreciated!

Just like there is no God There is no devil.

Devil means do + evil.

God means go + odd.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2014
________
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

Define emotion, then re-read what you have said...
When you tell your Computer to delete a File what does it do?
Read those stories again, the Angels was on an errand and that he did.

The angels could have disobeyed... The same way satan and his "like minds" disobeyed.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by kimond101: 9:48am On Jul 20, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
...and he still lends his name to Boko Haram? na wa o!

Not everyone that calls unto God is righteous/believer in God.

Not everyone that claim to be fighting for God is fighting for God.

Boko Haram is evil and are agents of Satan.

No religion preaches terrorism.

I'm a muslim and Boko Haram and any terror group are not part of us.

God is Olorun in Yoruba
God is Chineke in Igbo
God is Ubangigi in Hausa
God is Allah in Arabic

God is one without any partners.

The earlier you realise that God created both good and evil and they both have the right to call on him the better.

Peace.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

Just like there is no God There is no devil.

Devil means do + evil.

God means go + odd.

I don't know what you are driving at, but unfortunately there is God and the devil as well.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: well I don't know if they have emotions . but they are more perfect than we are . they have more compassion and understanding . they probably laugh at the things we do . I think they have a great sense of humor ,more understanding of human nature and human behavior .
for example when a human being masturbates ,they feel very guilty and bad . i think the angels simply are amused by some of the crazy natural human behaviors displayed by human beings .
for example some very religious people who are hypocrites ,act all disciplined in public but do nasty stuff in secret. well I wonder what the angels and other spirit beings would think about that . maybe they think "look at that guy, who does he think he's fooling" grin
this isn't true, Angels are as just as we are, no more perfect, no less perfect, Angels can sin and indeed some sinned and are condemned, they have no chance for redemption and they know it. That's why Satan (lucifer) is trying to bring humanity wit him to his eternal punishment. The only thing restraining angels from sinning as much as humans do is becos they see God all the time and are so much aware of the punishment in store if they disobey! They are no more perfect than we are. Infact no angel occupies a higher position in heaven than "a Man - Christ Jesus" and even the Kings of Israel, have been said by God to be "gods" who rule from His Throne as Israel was a theocratic nation. No angel can rule from God's throne, only men have done that.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by sugaarbear(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: There is no God.. The sooner people realise there is no God the better it will be.

Look at the difference between religious countries and non-religious countries.

There is no God but there is a Creator.

The Creator does not see itself as a God.

People are still gonna give free money and parts of their income today in religious institutions today.

This is my opinion... you don't have to curse me.
if there is no God...did you create yourself?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 9:50am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

It's False, Angels don't have emotion, they like robots and do whatever God bids them.
ofcos Angels do have emotions or wat do u think the Bible meant during Noah's days? "The sons of God desired women" -- seems emotional to me
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode:

The angels could have disobeyed... The same way satan and his "like minds" disobeyed.

Your computer could have dis-obeyed but why didn't it?
Because it's was programmed to obey the instructor likewise Angels, if the angels had dis-obeyed, then that would have been a show of emotion over the people but they didn't, why coz they are just on an errand...

A computer that dis-obeys and instruction is faulty, so is the devil, a faulty computer.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:53am On Jul 20, 2014
dejilg: ofcos Angels do have emotions or wat do u think the Bible meant during Noah's days? "The sons of God desired women" -- seems emotional to me

Seems to me they are faulty Angels grin
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 20, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Infinitegrace: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: The God Almighty, Omnicompetent, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnifarious,
The lily of the valley, The All sufficient One, The Beginning and The Ending, I am that I am, The Alpha & Omega, Lord of lords,
The First & The Last, Rock of Ages, The prince of peace, Adonai,
The maker of heaven & earth, King of kings, Jehova Nissi, Jehova Elohim,
Jehova Shamah, The Unchangeable Changer, HE the Same Yesterday, Today & Forever, Mighty Man In Battle, Elshadi.....e.t.c

I Refrence Your Majesty Lord!
The God whose Love endureth forever
The supreme God of Isreal
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by jidowu84: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2014
J12: Bullshít.
Who am i to fight for God? He will do to u what u deserve. Asiwere eniyan wi ni okan pe Olorun kosi. So you are asiwere according to d Bibeli. My God is awesome, Alagbada ina, Alawotele oorun, Gbingbinikin la'lede orunn, Yaagbo-Yaaju, Aboruru-oro, Oburutajigan, Atanyanyan-tanyinyin tinñsisé imólè. Alpha ATI Omega, Gbongbo idile jese, kiniun eya juda. Kabiyesi Re oooooooo......
To be continued
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by ceo003: 9:57am On Jul 20, 2014
===================>>> hello friends check these out. click the link below https://www.nairaland.com/1795922/4-mega-money-yielding-businesses
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by chrisviral(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2014
dejilg: this isn't true, Angels are as just as we are, no more perfect, no less perfect, Angels can sin and indeed some sinned and are condemned, they have no chance for redemption and they know it. That's why Satan (lucifer) is trying to bring humanity wit him to his eternal punishment. The only thing restraining angels from sinning as much as humans do is becos they see God all the time and are so much aware of the punishment in store if they disobey! They are no more perfect than we are. Infact no angel occupies a higher position in heaven than "a Man - Christ Jesus" and even the Kings of Israel, have been said by God to be "gods" who rule from His Throne as Israel was a theocratic nation. No angel can rule from God's throne, only men have done that.

Exactly my point, so any angel that dis-obeys is faulty and what happens to a faulty computer, it's dumped.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: I don't believe in hellfire where fire actually burns you . hell is simply the absence of God's presence ,darkness . I think God is simply loving and understanding and humorous more than our mind can even comprehend . we are too hard on ourselves trying to be perfect. we take ourselves too seriously . I Think everyone will eventually go to heaven at some point ,even adolf hitler ,idi amin,atheist etc. will eventually go to heaven after facing their punishments .
unlike the hypocritical religious fanatics who condemn anyone who doesn't follow their religious ideal .these group of people do not understand human nature and human behavior . They imagine God or Jesus to be extremely serious and frowning all the time .
well I don't knw if u r responding to sometin I hv typed anyway or just trying to get my attention. U dnt hv to believe hell exists neida am I sayin u shld subscribe to my view, am just tryin to show u wat the Bible teaches. Hell is real in the Bible and its not just "not being in God's presence", if so then consider what Jesus meant by "eternal punishment, where there is no rest nor their worms stop from "biting". This would seem more dan not just being in God's presence. Thank U
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 20, 2014
_______

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2014
chrisviral:

Exactly my point, so any angel that dis-obeys is faulty and what happens to a faulty computer, it's dumped.
u keep bringing wrong analogies, what makes Angels like computers? and why do u suddenly think a faulty computer has to be dumped and not repaired? The main question is "what makes those Angels faulty"? What does being faulty means to u?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by bioduneberry(m): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2014
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2014
YHWH - Pronounced Yahweh is His name, and to the guy who said "I AM that I AM" is wrong, well I dnt know what u want the KJV to translate it as, but as far as "I AM" concerned, its correct as the Hebrew words imply there, else they could also carry the following meaning, "I AM the Living One" "I AM the Existing One" "I AM the Being", but the direct translation witout context is "I AM that I AM". What's fascinating about these names is that both YHWH and I AM - are given by the "pre-incarnate LORD Jesus" the Angel of His Presence.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2014
BadBoy25: Jesus christ is not as wicked as the fanatical religious bigots . Adolf Hitler has a better chance at heaven than a lot of these hypocrites .
I don't even go to church. I have my own belief and view .
ok so just because the bible says the spirit of God was moving in the waters and then said let there be light ,you believe thats actually what happened ? that story is actually metaphorical . God has always existed for all time .
also the earth is not only 6000 years old . the noah story and other numerous stories in the bible are not meant to be taken literally .
well am not asking for ur view on "all of the Bible" but just what Jesus meant as I have mentioned it. I know many of the Biblical writing are not literal - prophecy wise, but the Noah flood story is real, as many ancient communities wrote abt dis, which makes it more reasonable. Pls to avoid much talk abt my view and ur view, since u addressed me earlier on, "what did Jesus meant by eternal punishment and abt d worms which never stops biting"...thank U

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christmas: Apostle Suleman Gifts Church Workers, Staff N11m & Food Items / A Song Only People That Attend Nigerian Churches Can Relate To / How brands celebrate Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.