Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

The Mightiness Of God’s Name - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mightiness Of God’s Name (18096 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Pastor Picks On Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex / Vatican Bans Use Of God's Name! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
_______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 9:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
smart134:
The Word of God made u what u are! Tellin u to read it..is doin u go...! The wans u read 4rm d NET are merely article written Man bt d bible came 4rm God! If u choose to bliv in Nature..i dnt blame u 4 dat...u Can doubt God..bt dat will nt change Him! Aft life...lets see! Dos wu dnt bliv..hav bin blinded by antichrist or he leav in dem!!

The Creator wouldn't write a book if "it" wants to talk to humans.
The Creator did not write the bible. The bible is man made. The bible is a story book.

The bible did not come from the Creator.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by biomedixexcel(m): 9:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
God who has never lost a battle, He doesn't even need to fight a battle
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Angeldemivida: 10:00pm On Jul 20, 2014
I call him my Jehovah Jireh!
My Jehovah Jireh, My Jehovah Jireh, My Jehovah Jireh.

Ka anyi kpo ya aha ya a a (Let's call him his name)
Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Jireh.

Ka anyi kpo ya aha ya a a
Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Jireh.

Aga m akpo ya aha ya a a
Jehovah Jireh Jehovah Jireh
Jireh Jehovah Jireh Jireh
Jehovah jireh jireh
Jehova Jireh
!!
!
Sings on and out.
Poster, Thanks for the thread.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by viconash(m): 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
My father is known to mean as the youngest oldman, the great sea that never dries, his the salt of life...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Amber10(f): 11:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ask4bigneyo: The God Almighty, Omnicompetent, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnifarious,
The lily of the valley, The All sufficient One, The Beginning and The Ending, I am that I am, The Alpha & Omega, Lord of lords,
The First & The Last, Rock of Ages, The prince of peace, Adonai,
The maker of heaven & earth, King of kings, Jehova Nissi, Jehova Elohim,
Jehova Shamah, The Unchangeable Changer, HE the Same Yesterday, Today & Forever, Mighty Man In Battle, Elshadi.....e.t.c

I Refrence Your Majesty Lord!

Awesome GOD!!!! HE is all these and more..

OBA awon Oba, Kabiyiosi , OBA Alagbada ino ...HE is JESUS CHRIST..
THE WORD
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by CanadaCars(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
rccgamg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FaBLh9dHQ

Exo 3:14 "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you."
Exo 3:15 "And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Today we are looking at the Mightiness behind the God’s Name. We have been looking at Our God Mightiness in different areas and we want to examine today on how mighty is his name.
Our text today in Exo 3:14 tell us how God announces himself.

What is in A Name: A name is what uniquely identifies someone. If I say for example who is Peter among a group of workers in RCCG amazing grace you will all point to me. If they are several people with the name Peter you may ask which of the peter you are referring to. In other words a name also explains the position someone occupies or perhaps the status of an individual. If I ask who GoodLuck Jonathan is, you may also chorus and say the President of Nigeria.

Same also is the Name of God. The Name of God identifies who God is and also says the power God Commands and the position he occupies.

The Name Of The Almighty
1. His name is exalted because he Himself is exalted. Php 2:9 - 10

2. His name Can bring Terror to your enemies. Gen 35:5, Jos 2:9- 12, Isa 10:33

3. His Mighty Name Brings Protection and Deliverance. 1Ch 16:20-22

4. His Name is the Beginning and the Ending of All things. Rev 22:13 Rev 21:6 Rev 1:11 Rev 1:8

www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

Php 2:9-10 is not refering to Almighty God it is refering to Jesus whom Almighty God exalted to very lofty position because of his loyalty and faithfulness, please read that scriptural text carefully it is quoted below.
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth"
So my friend Almighty God cannot be exalted because he is Almighty and does not need to be exaulted, it is Jesus that was exalted by his father Jehovah or YAWEH, which is the name of God.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by CanadaCars(m): 11:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
chinziaski: My God doesn't have a particular name. Because, he is Yahweh Sabahoth! Yahweh Nissi! El-Shaddai! Elohim! Adonai! The Mighty Redeemer! The Unchangeable Changer! Omnipresent and Omniscient! The divider of the Red sea! The Flame that never dies! My Problem Solver! My teacher! My First Love! The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! The Pronouncer of Good things! The Speech Maker! The Devil's Cure! The beginning and the end! The wonderful Creator! The Marvelous God! The king above all kings! The Perfect One! The Lover of my Soul! The Glorious One! Agidi Nwoke! Olohun to ju Olohun lo! Oluuuwwwwa! Chai, His names are numerous.
Almighty God has a personal name like every one else the bible tells us that his name is Jehovah/YAWEH, all those others you are mentioning above are the titles of the Almighty God. Titles are different from a name. The bible said everyone who calls on His name will be saved, it did not say names but name.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by CanadaCars(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Scyllapatron: the picture in that video is no other person but cardinal Cesare Borgia. christians fail to realize that the images they have in their churches and homes are portraits of cardinal Cesare Borgia.
take another look at the picture of jesus you have and observe the finger signs/symbols. ... the truth shall set you free.
Nobody has the true picture of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by CanadaCars(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: I don't believe in hellfire where fire actually burns you . hell is simply the absence of God's presence ,darkness . I think God is simply loving and understanding and humorous more than our mind can even comprehend . we are too hard on ourselves trying to be perfect. we take ourselves too seriously . I Think everyone will eventually go to heaven at some point ,even adolf hitler ,idi amin,atheist etc. will eventually go to heaven after facing their punishments .
unlike the hypocritical religious fanatics who condemn anyone who doesn't follow their religious ideal .these group of people do not understand human nature and human behavior . They imagine God or Jesus to be extremely serious and frowning all the time .
This idea of going to heaven is baffling to me, if God wants us to be in heaven why did He not create us in heaven just like the angels. The bible teaches that the earth is for the sons of mankind and the heaven is for God. The bible also says that the righteous will posses the earth that is why Jesus taught us the Lord's prayer "Our father who is in the heaven hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Jesus is teaching us that it is God's kingdom that will make God's will to be done on earth as is in heaven. When this happens the earth will be like heaven, earth will become a paradise. So all these idea of going to heaven are false hopes and idea bible never teaches that. What the bible says is that there are some select few that will go to heaven for a purpose, to rule with christ in that kingdom that Jesus said to pray for, they are to rule as priests and kings with Jesus Christ the High priest over the earth. Please read Rev.5: 9,10. Heb. 4:14,15. This is the scriptural truth and not all these human ideas that all good people go to heaven.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 21, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 6:12am On Jul 21, 2014
GodMode:

The Creator wouldn't write a book if "it" wants to talk to humans.
The Creator did not write the bible. The bible is man made. The bible is a story book.

The bible did not come from the Creator.
Now u go again...He inspired Holy Men to write it By The Holy Ghost. If u deny Him..that day He will deny You. Remb God Is spirit!
If u still have doubt in ur heart! Engage ur self to other christian! And change ur Life.

Only those blinded by satan! Dnt bliv nd Bliv in wat dey bliv! Dat is nature? The things of this World.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2014
smart134:
Now u go again...He inspired Holy Men to write it By The Holy Ghost. If u deny Him..that day He will deny You. Remb God Is spirit!
If u still have doubt in ur heart! Engage ur self to other christian! And change ur Life.

Only those blinded by satan! Dnt bliv nd Bliv in wat dey bliv! Dat is nature? The things of this World.

No one is holy... So no such thing as "inspired holy men"... Satan cannot blind people cos satan does not exist.

People are evil minded.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2014
GodMode:

No one is holy... So no such thing as "inspired holy men"... Satan cannot blind people cos satan does not exist.

People are evil minded.

Watch SCOAN nd tell me what Normally cums out 4rm Ppl? Even a witch doctor knws his serving His dead gods nd Bliv! The Bible says...Only A fool will say in his Heart...there is no God! U nid deliverance or u will die a Pagan!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2014
______
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by AshleyBorha(f): 9:15am On Jul 21, 2014
Study in Bénin and become a bilingual. Registration is now on at the federal university
of Abomey-calavi for 2014/2015 session:
Available program for english students:
B.A Linguistics and translation
B.A Chinese ( beginners and scholarship to
study in china upon successful completion)
duration: 3years
Tuition For Chinese: #60,000 naira/year
Tuition for linguistics: #90,000/year
Registration fee: #60,000
Admission requirements:
1. Minimum of 6credits in waec ( any subject
but a sitting)
2. Original birth certificate
3. International passport
4. Two waec scratch cards
NB: Only original waec certificate is accepted
For enquiries, contact;
call: +229 65834206
Whatsapp: 08141289768
Email: flojeshola@gmail.com.
Admission is always guarantee.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2014
dejilg:

The origins for the composite term Jehovah came
from early English translators who transposed the
vowels from Adonai to the Tetragrammaton, and
read the word literally so that the Y in YHWH, was
pronounced as a J in English, and the W as a V.[1]
Taking the spellings at face value may have been as
a result of not knowing about the Q're perpetuum,
thus resulting in the term "Jehovah" and its
spelling variants. The Catholic Encyclopedia (1910)
states: "Jehovah (Yahweh), the proper name of God
in the Old Testament".[16] Had they known about
the Q're perpetuum, the term "Jehovah" might
never have come into being.[17] Emil G. Hirsch was
among the modern scholars that recognized
"Jehovah" to be "grammatically
impossible" ( Jewish Encyclopedia (1901), Vol VII,
p. 87).

The Hebrew scholar Wilhelm Gesenius [1786–1842]
had suggested that the Hebrew punctuation יַהְוֶה,
which is transliterated into English as "Yahweh",
might more accurately represent the pronunciation
of the Tetragrammaton than the Biblical Hebrew
punctuation " יְהֹוָה", from which the English name
"Jehovah" has been derived. His proposal to read
YHWH as "יַהְוֶה" (see image to the left) was based
in large part on various Greek transcriptions, such
as ιαβε, dating from the first centuries CE, but also
on the forms of theophoric names. In his Hebrew
Dictionary, Gesenius supports "Yahweh" (which
would have been pronounced [jahwe], with the
final letter being silent) because of the Samaritan
pronunciation Ιαβε reported by Theodoret, and
that the theophoric name prefixes YHW [jeho] and
YH [jo] can be explained from the form "Yahweh".
[22] Today many scholars accept Gesenius's
proposal to read YHWH as יַהְוֶה. Gesenius' proposal
gradually became accepted as the best scholarly
reconstructed vocalized Hebrew spelling of the
Tetragrammaton.

Why is Yahweh not English enuf? Consider the name Netanyahu---how do u handle it if u want d word "Jehovah" to be there instead of Yahweh which appears as a shortened form "yahu" as no creature can take d Divine Name?!

The fact is: no one can say with absolute certainty how the name was pronounced by the ancient Hebrew. Even if Yahweh is the proper pronunciation, Jehovah could be viewed as how it sounds in English. English does not in all cases follow the exact Hebrew sound in its pronunciation of Hebrew names.

Even Gesenius never thought "Jehovah" was entirely out of the picture. In his Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament Scriptures he says: “Those who consider that יְהוָֹה [Ye-ho-wah] was the actual pronunciation [of God’s name] are not altogether without ground on which to defend their opinion. In this way can the abbreviated syllables יְהוֹ [Ye-ho] and יוֹ [Yo], with which many proper names begin, be more satisfactorily explained.”
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 9:53am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: the TB Joshua and the rest of the fake pastors around the world should be arrested,charged with fraud and sentenced to 10 years in prison each ,all of their assets should be confiscated . anyone who objects this judgment should be sentenced to 2 years in prison for ignorance and stvpidity.
hw dare u? I dnt have time for unbelievers lyk u! If any of U dnt bliv in God and his prophet! Is ur buzy! Do wat u wan! Wen ppl see truth..de prefer a lie...wen der see lie..den dey wan d truth.
If jesus said it..a prophet is nt knw in his own country.
D problem with ppl dey dnt Read der BIBLE!!! If ur really a christian..u wud hav asked God...whi is fake or real? Bt u judge.....! Keep deceivin ursef...God help u
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: the TB Joshua and the rest of the fake pastors around the world should be arrested,charged with fraud and sentenced to 10 years in prison each ,all of their assets should be confiscated . anyone who objects this judgment should be sentenced to 2 years in prison for ignorance and stvpidity.
keep deceivin urself! U call som1 fake! Wen ur d real Fake! If u tink ur a real christian...Y not ask God to tel u if his a real man of God Or not? Instead u bliv in ur self..u bliv in wat u read..u bliv in wat ppl tel u..nt wat d word of God says..!

U better start readin ur bible nd communicate wit God..if nt ur doomed 4 life Ooo.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 21, 2014
_____
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2014
smart134:

Watch SCOAN nd tell me what Normally cums out 4rm Ppl? Even a witch doctor knws his serving His dead gods nd Bliv! The Bible says...Only A fool will say in his Heart...there is no God! U nid deliverance or u will die a Pagan!

The holy books are books used for manipulating people.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 10:48am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: you are a brainwashed slave ,you make me depressed.
lolzzzz...only depressed U knw wat bro! Ppl dnt lyk truth..if ur a christian ask God abt Him! Dnt bliv in ursef...so u evn trust ursef...wen u can say to ursef..i will do dis 2moro..nd lata can meet up! Trust God..nd ask God if his real or Not? Dnt jst open mouth nd start speakin any hw...am sure ur hav nt seen him b4..bt u hav given verdict bcu of pplz tlk...! Blind Men can see beyond d natural
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2014
GodMode:

The holy books are books used for manipulating people.
fine! Keep blivin in ur stupid ''borgia jesus'' article...! D 1 u serve...
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 11:07am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: i'm guessing you are Jehovah's witness. well, Charles Taze Russell did a good Job brainwashing and mind controlling you all into his Cult.
I like how the Jehovah's witness ,seventh day adventist and the rest go from door to door preaching ,but it makes me really sad and disappointed that they are spreading the wrong and false information. it pains me to know that their effort is in vain . what a waste of effort ! I wish they were spreading what I have explained so far which is the one and only truth .
lolzzz, well, I saw it coming to him, from his very first quote! The cult of those who worship 2 gods!
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by CanadaCars(m): 11:15am On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: i'm guessing you are Jehovah's witness. well, Charles Taze Russell did a good Job brainwashing and mind controlling you all into his Cult.
I like how the Jehovah's witness ,seventh day adventist and the rest go from door to door preaching ,but it makes me really sad and disappointed that they are spreading the wrong and false information. it pains me to know that their effort is in vain . what a waste of effort ! I wish they were spreading what I have explained so far which is the one and only truth .
Too bad for you denying what the Bible teaches and clinging to ur wishful ideas.
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 11:18am On Jul 21, 2014
JMAN05:

The fact is: no one can say with absolute certainty how the name was pronounced by the ancient Hebrew. Even if Yahweh is the proper pronunciation, Jehovah could be viewed as how it sounds in English. English does not in all cases follow the exact Hebrew sound in its pronunciation of Hebrew names.

Even Gesenius never thought "Jehovah" was entirely out of the picture. In his Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament Scriptures he says: “Those who consider that יְהוָֹה [Ye-ho-wah] was the actual pronunciation [of God’s name] are not altogether without ground on which to defend their opinion. In this way can the abbreviated syllables יְהוֹ [Ye-ho] and יוֹ [Yo], with which many proper names begin, be more satisfactorily explained.”
I asked a question of, is Yahweh not English enuf and had u read what I posted well, u shld hv seen hw "Jehovah" is derived and that it says that the knowledge of the Q're would hv prevented such word. We hv many names compounded with Yahweh, e.g Elijah (Eliyahu), Netanyahu, Jesus (Yehusha), Joshua (Yehoshua), etc. so the way the Jews pronounce it isn't d problem, but the fact that the penning of the name doesn't insert the vowel points at all...which the closest u can get to but writing the Hebrew letter (4 in number) is YHWH
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by dejilg(m): 11:19am On Jul 21, 2014
CanadaCars:
Php 2:9-10 is not refering to Almighty God it is refering to Jesus whom Almighty God exalted to very lofty position because of his loyalty and faithfulness, please read that scriptural text carefully it is quoted below.
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth"
So my friend Almighty God cannot be exalted because he is Almighty and does not need to be exaulted, it is Jesus that was exalted by his father Jehovah or YAWEH, which is the name of God.
where is the name of God, YHWH first given in the Bible, and by who?
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by GodMode: 11:54am On Jul 21, 2014
smart134:
fine! Keep blivin in ur stupid ''borgia jesus'' article...! D 1 u serve...

I believe in myself and I serve myself.

1 Like

Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by smart134: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
GodMode:

I believe in myself and I serve myself.
no wonder u bear d Name ''Godmode''
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by blessida: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
BadBoy25: Jesus christ is not as wicked as the fanatical religious bigots . Adolf Hitler has a better chance at heaven than a lot of these hypocrites .
I don't even go to church. I have my own belief and view .
ok so just because the bible says the spirit of God was moving in the waters and then said let there be light ,you believe thats actually what happened ? that story is actually metaphorical . God which is light has always existed for all time .
also the earth is not only 6000 years old . the noah story and other numerous stories in the bible are not meant to be taken literally .

the garden of eden was not on this physical earth,it was a spiritual realm.
the imperfect physical earth and physical realm is what was inherited after adam and eve sinned. no one really knows how adam and eve landed on this physical earth from the spiritual realm . maybe they just suddenly found themselves with bodies in a forest etc. a cherubim was sent to guard the gate of the garden after adam and eve were kicked out . all of adam's offspring must overcome the serpent and resist the apple (temptations and evil) in order to return to the garden of eden (Heaven)
my brother our GOD is so loving that he doesnt want anyone to perish thats why he gave us his son jesus christ so that we will not perish in hell if only we can accept him, whether we choose to believe it or not .hell fire is real and the most terrible place u can ever imagine.its a place where the devil and its demons torment people who end up there because they deny its existence and live as they please. at the end they find themselves there with no second chance at reparation ,the first chance has been misused. i pray this will nt be ur portion
Re: The Mightiness Of God’s Name by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
dejilg: I asked a question of, is Yahweh not English enuf and had u read what I posted well, u shld hv seen hw "Jehovah" is derived and that it says that the knowledge of the Q're would hv prevented such word. We hv many names compounded with Yahweh, e.g Elijah (Eliyahu), Netanyahu, Jesus (Yehusha), Joshua (Yehoshua), etc. so the way the Jews pronounce it isn't d problem, but the fact that the penning of the name doesn't insert the vowel points at all...which the closest u can get to but writing the Hebrew letter (4 in number) is YHWH

ok, I will comsider the subject further. but I didnt understand ur last sentence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Are A Spirit That Lives In A Body / Hell Exists Because God Loves You / Happy Birthday To God's General - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.