Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,662 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness (11544 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Mary Apocalypse / Apocalypse [a Horror Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2014
Silas watched in shock and disgust as a door suddenly slid shut between them and the doctor. The bastard had been holding out on them after all.

"Doctor! Doc! Open the door!" He shouted even as he slammed the gun into zombie efe like a club.

A voice came over the intercom:
I warned you.

"Yeah okay okay, I wasn't paying attention! I get it now open the gaddem door!"

No can do. Its more logical for me to keep this door shut. I can also operate the main door from here. I plan on opening it. You can either use the opportunity to escape or you get bitten and turned into a zombie in which case I'll simply stay here until you guys walk your undead selves out of here in search of food. Then I can shut the door and clean up the mess

"So you would willingly allow Caleb, Barry and I to die in here, knowing that you could have done something to save us?!" Silas shouted. "That would make you a monster. You are no different from the zombies we are trying to fight off. No I take that back, the zombies don't k ow what they are doing but you do. You are a worse monster!"

"Oh cry me a river!" The voice cackled. "This is all your fault! You broke some simple rules and now you want to turn it on me? Bullshit!"

Caleb struggled away from Efe and Barry tripped the zombie as it lunged after him. As zombie efe fell they both pounced on him, pinning his hand behind his back even as zombie Michael shuffled towards them. Klein was still pinning Sven down but was shaking his head desperately and snarling. Soon he would be completely zombified. Zombie jenny lay snapping on the floor.

"Doctor if you are not going to help is then open the door let us throw them out!" Caleb shouted. "Or at least so we can run out!"

"That I can do
." The voice said and theain door swung open. Luckily there were no zombies at the entrance.

On seeing the door open Klein screamed at the top of his voice and then bodily lifted Sven from the floor. He half carried, half dragged the zombie to the entrance and threw it out. Silas and Caleb followed suit, striking and kicking at zombie Michael and zombie efe, trying to force them out the door. They succeded in driving zombie Michael who for some reason wasn't interested in the fight and kind of wandered out by itself but zombie Efe was more stubborn. It struggled and lunged and grappled and tried to bite. Eventually Caleb left Silas and barry to deal with him and picking zombie jenny by the legs and making sure to keep a away from her snapping jaws, he flung her out. It was only then zombie Efe backed off though still snarling at them.

"Close the damn door now, doctor!" Silas yelled.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
The door remained open. Caleb kept using the jammed gun to push back zombie efe who was beginning to struggle back inside. Silas was swinging the computer chair at the other zombies to keep them from returning.

"Doc close the door!!!" He yelled.

"Why doesn't he close it? Caleb shouted"

Behind them Barry stood. A deep bite on his back oozed blood; the place where Michael had bitten him when they were holding efe down. During the confusion no one had noticed. Now he was a full fledged zombie and the two people who had their backs to h smelled good enough to eat. He grunted and shuffled forward, reaching out for the unsuspecting Caleb...

A blast from a revolver tore out his knee and he fell to the floor. Caleb and Silas turned around in shock only to see a zombified Barry struggling to its feet and Dr Burke standing behind them. Dr Burke fired another shot and zombie Barry's head exploded. Caleb and Silas quickly carried the now still body and threw it out of the room and the Dr leaned forward and pressed a button and the door slid shut.

There was silence for a moment as Silas and Caleb struggled to catch their breath. Dr Burke watched them with interest.

"They are very simple rules , really." He said. "It wouldn't kill you to follow them."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Na wa o.

Phew! I can imagine how relieved they must have felt. grin
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by parismarc: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nice, waiting for more updates.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 28, 2014
Are you a writer or an aspiring writer, this workshop is for you...
https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 11:18am On Sep 28, 2014
But Dr Burke warned them

They are the monsters not him

They knew jenny was scratched yet they kept quiet

Silas has learnt his lesson....though Burke needs him too

3 survivors....

Efe stubborn choi grin
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2014
pickabeau1: But Dr Burke warned them

They are the monsters not him

They knew jenny was scratched yet they kept quiet

Silas has learnt his lesson....though Burke needs him too

3 survivors....

Efe stubborn choi grin
True. In as much I almost hated the Dr, I still understood. Shebi now Silas don learn not to open even if na im mama dey door dey scream my Son.

This story is very tight mehn. Madness, God bless your pen, keep it up.

We still need more sha. tongue

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Ksslib:
True. In as much I almost hated the Dr, I still understood. Shebi now Silas don learn not to open even if na im mama dey door dey scream my Son.

This story is very tight mehn. Madness, God bless your pen, keep it up.

We still need more sha. tongue

He warned them...dem no hear word....

Im loving the plot development also
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

He warned them...dem no hear word....

Im loving the plot development also
I tire o. I guess the best way some people learn is the hard way. Me inclusive. I am guilty of that grin .

Me too. Na madness hand we dey.

Efe is the only zombie who enjoyed his last moment as a human. On the bright side, he had sex. grin
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ksslib:
I tire o. I guess the best way some people learn is the hard way. Me inclusive. I am guilty of that grin .

Me too. Na madness hand we dey.

Efe is the only zombie who enjoyed his last moment as a human. On the bright side, he had sex. grin

Lol...abi

Zombie love....
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol...abi

Zombie love....

Lol. No nah. She was still fully human then.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ksslib:
Lol. No nah. She was still fully human then.

Yes but the scar was increasing in size..it was a matter of time
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

Yes but the scar was increasing in size..it was a matter of time
Erm by logic, lets just say he had sex with a wounded human. grin

Abi if knife give ur bf wound, you no go do the deed with am if e hook you? grin
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ksslib:
Erm by logic, lets just say he had sex with a wounded human. grin

Abi if knife give ur bf wound, you no go do the deed with am if e hook you? grin

Lol....not in zombie times....

PS I'm not a chic angry cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol....not in zombie times....

PS I'm not a chic angry cheesy tongue
My bad. All this while I thought you were. shocked

All the same, good to know sha. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ksslib:
My bad. All this while I thought you were. shocked

All the same, good to know sha. lipsrsealed

No p bro...
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness angry angry angry
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
pickabeau1:
5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness 5minsmadness angry angry angry
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
So na so madness take waka? angry

Issorait!
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 17, 2014
He has turned into a zombie. sad
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 6:55am On Nov 11, 2014
Dr burke settled on the table beside the computer, still holing on the shotgun. He felt cool, calm, collected. These men had learned by experience and everyone knew that experience was the best teacher. Maybe now they would take his rules more seriously. He looked over at Caleb who had tears streaming down his eyes. He had just lost all his friends in the twinkle of an eye. Silas stood beside his prostrate form and patted him consolingly on his back. Dr burke sighed and looked away. He wasn’t a hard man, not really; however, he held a lot of faith in logic. Logic had made him survive the zombie holocaust thus far, logic would see him through; there would be ample time for emotions whenever this whole saga was over.

“Its okay, Caleb.” Silas said, feeling deeply for the crying black man at his feet. He was shocked at the sudden turn of events and didn’t know what else to say to Caleb to make him stop crying. Damn doctor couldn’t say anything, just sitting over at his computer looking smug. He had to admit though that he had been careless. He should have trusted the doc more…but then again would he have left those men to just pass by the door if he could do it all over again? He doubted it. He wasn’t as stone cold hearted as the doctor.

Caleb calmed down after a while. He requested for something strong to drink which the doctor approved and went to the inner room where he got some chardonnay. He poured a glass for everyone and they all drank it to calm their nerves.

“So what now?” Caleb asked.

“We stick to the original program.” Dr burke replied. “We stay put in this room until the disaster is over or until there are new developments. I’ll follow ZombieFM by radio and see what’s going on. We should have enough in our food rations to last us another 30days then we have to go and forage for food. In the meantime, don’t you guys have a rule to follow?

“Already? What rule?” Silas asked, perplexed. “The doctor sighed and punched some buttons on the computer. It whirred and clicked and a paper came out from under the desk.

“That thing has a printer?” Silas mused.

“Of course it does. Here,” And he gave Silas the Paper. “You and Caleb read this over carefully.”

Silas looked through the paper and sighed. He handed it over to Caleb.

Rule number one: if it shuffles, looks pale and wants to eat you then its a zombie. I dont care if it looks like your mom, your wife, your kid or the pope. Kill it. Kill it then cut of its head.

Rule number two: if either you or I have been bitten that person must be sent out of the panic room. On no account must anyone bitten be in the panic room.

Rule number three: no one else is to know about our little hideaway.

Rule number four: if anyone bangs on the door no matter who it is we must not open the door.

Rule number five: food rations must never be broken. Eat only what is assigned to you. If you eat even a morsel more, we are going to starve.

Rule number six: if you come in contact with a zombie and you are not bitten, wash off. Don't leave the slime everywhere. It could be contagious.

Rule number seven: I can add more rules if need be. I'm the boss.

Caleb read through it and looked up at Dr Burke who was smiling grimly.

"So can you tell me which rule you have to abide by right now?"
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2014
So the madness is back...thought u ve turned into a zombie b4 o
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ogbeni...comman update this thing my friend!!
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
pickabeau1:
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
pickabeau1:
d guy don turn zombie jhor
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
haydot95:
d guy don turn zombie jhor
lipsrsealed
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
pickabeau1:
Apologies. Work has consumed me.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2014
5minsmadness has been eaten by zombies. cry

Notwithstanding, I ll continue the story and bring to light how he was devoured amidst screams.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Ksslib:
5minsmadness has been eaten by zombies. cry

Notwithstanding, I ll continue the story and bring to light how he was devoured amidst screams.

ok... it is well
5minsmadness:

Apologies. Work has consumed me.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by knockturnal(m): 5:58am On Dec 06, 2014
Dude you write really well. Ur updates are very well thought out and ur dialogue is addictive.
Really enjoyin this
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 11:36am On Dec 06, 2014
knockturnal:
Dude you write really well. Ur updates are very well thought out and ur dialogue is addictive.
Really enjoyin this
Really? embarassed

embarassed

angry

***commences writing furiously****
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2014
ok am done. I will be updating daily until the story is Finished. Sorry for the long break in transmissions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soyinka Wins The Europe Theatre Prize / Diary Of A Naija Boy. / 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.