Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness (11545 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Mary Apocalypse / Apocalypse [a Horror Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
“Okay folks, it’s time to go.” Dr Stephan called out from the main room.

Dr Burke and Silas came out as well as Caleb and Efe who was looking much more human by now. The five of them looked like they were going to start a war. Armed with all sorts from automatic machine guns to pistols and grenades, they looked like a team from Rambo: First Blood. Despite himself, Efe was grinning from ear to ear and carrying a portable bazooka.

“Na the sh1t be dis.” He whispered to Caleb who grinned back.

“ Alright folks listen up.” Silas said. “Dr Burke is taking us straight to the, er, armoured tank at the secret base below the parking lot. Dr Burke and Dr Stephan are of highest priority, they must get to that vehicle alive. I’ll be leading the group, Caleb and Efe will cover our rear. That okay?”

Caleb cocked his shotgun. “You can count on us bro.”

Silas nodded. “Alright then, let’s move out.” And headed for the door.

“Wait.” Dr Burke said. “We don’t have to go through that way. There’s a secret passage behind the toilet.”

Silas watched incredulously as Dr Burke led the way back to the toilet and opened the armoury door once again. He started moving some of the remaining weapons aside and Caleb joined in to help him. Soon one of the walls was free and Dr Burke began to feel alongside its edges until he came to a part the felt hollow. He tapped on it three times and the whole wall slipped backwards and outwards like a door into a long dark tunnel. It was high enough to take an average man and wide enough to take only one

“You have some serious trust issues.” Silas said as he entered the tunnel. Dr Stephan followed then Dr Burke and Stephan and then big Efe.

“I can’t see my hand in front of my face.” Dr Stephan grumbled as the went along. “What happened to the lighting?”

“I don’t know, must have blown a fuse and no one to fix it during the confusion.' Dr Burke replied.

They reached the end of the tunnel without incident and then Silas hands came across an abrupt end. He felt the barricade and finally recognized what it was.

“It’s a sliding door!”

“Good work Silas.”Dr burke said. Now feel along the edge for a small button and press it, the door should slide open.'

Silas felt along the side of the door until he touched the button and then he pressed it. There was a gentle whooshing noise as the door slid back. Silas walked into more darkness.

“Where is this place?”

“Under the parking lot.” Dr Burke said, walking into the room and past him. “Wait, let me turn on the lights.”

He moved further into the dark and there was a click. Suddenly the whole place was filled with light. They were in an underground room with a moderately high ceiling, one powerful overhead lamp serving as a source of light. There were scattered papers and woodwork everywhere as if there had been a struggle. And at the far side of the room, an armoured vehicle was parked.

“Holy shit, man.” Caleb gasped. “I thought you were joking.”

“We kind of prepared for any eventuality.” Dr Stepahn chipped in with a grin. “Of course Burke knows more about the working of this place than I do.”

“Looks like someone was trying to get out of here in a hurry.” Silas murmured, kicking though the papers and other stuff.

“When the zombies infiltrated the building, there was a lot of commotion. I guess some folks tried getting out through this way but never made it.”

“Wait, doesn’t that mean we are supposed to see some zombies here, or at least dead bodies?” Caleb asked.

“Nah, the struggle you see here looks more like someone trying to gather his papers together. He probably was working in this room when the
alarm hit, packed as many of his works that he could and then hightailed it through the passage back to the panic room and out of the building.” Dr Stephan said.

“Still, just to be sure, come Efe.” Caleb ordered and he and Efe went to check all the nooks and crannies of the room. They moved cautiously around the Armoured car and then opened up some wardrobes and a toilet they found at the main entrance to the room. They saw nothing.

“Alright then. Let’s not dilly dally here.”Silas said. “Dr Burke, open the gate or whatever it is that needs opening let’s drive out of here. The rest of you in the tank.

Dr Burke nodded and went to a panel in the wall and started punching some keys. The panel immediately came to life with shining lights.

Dr Stephan and Silas climbed the armoured car to get to the hatch.

“The good thing about this car is that once we are in we can activate the safety catch and no one will be able to open it from the outside. We’ll be perfectly safe.”

He opened it and Silas helped lower him down. He turned to pick Caleb who was being helped up by Efe.

“No! Aaaaaaaargh!!!”

Silas turned back in alarm towards Dr stephan’s screams and looked down the hatch. There were three zombies down there! They had grabbed Dr Stephan who was trying valiantly to fight them off. Two of the zombies were dressed in military apparel and the last one was dressed as a lab scientist.

Silas ignored yells from Caleb and jumped down the hatch into the fray. He smashed the head of the zombie going for Dr Stephan’s neck with the butt of his gun and managed to pull him free from the other two who had already started chewing on his arms. The zombies snarled and tried attacking once more but Caleb jumped in too and shoved them away with his gun. He pointed it at them…

“Don’t shoot!” Dr Stephan gasped, bleeding terribly. “The bullet could ricochet in here and kill all of us!”

“Pull Stephan up!” Silas shouted to Efe who lowered his hand and grabbed Dr Stephan by the collar of his lab coat. Dr Stephan was hauled up like a rag doll even as the zombies launched another attack. They grabbed Caleb and one of them bit into his leg. Caleb screamed and fired his shotgun and the zombie’s head exploded. Efe on hearing Caleb’s scream jumped down the hatch and confronted the other zombies.

“Both of you get out!” He shouted and Caleb climbed out, helped by Silas. Efe pointed his machine gun at one of the approaching zombies.

“Payback!” He shouted and fired a hail of bullets.

“Efe, No!” Caleb shouted just as some of the bullets ricocheted off the walls of the armoured car and pierced his skull. Another bullet went into the armour car controls and smashed the motherboard to pieces. The two remaining zombies that had received the onslaught of the hail of bullets head-on, collapsed in a heap of dismembered flesh.

“Damn it Efe you idiot!” Caleb cried as Efe collapsed to the floor dead.

Silas pulled him back “It’s over. I’m so sorry man.”

“What the hell happened!” Dr Burke shouted pointing his gun as they all came down. Dr Stephan collapsed in a heap on the ground, still bleeding and Caleb limped down, nursing his bitten leg.

“Are you bit?!” Dr Burke gasped. He brought out his backpack and rummaged through for the antidote and sprayed it on Caleb’s face. Caleb inhaled it and sat back.

“One of the bullets destroyed the controls. This tank isn’t going anywhere.” Silas said grimly.

“Stephan, do I need to spray you?” Dr Burke asked anxiously.

“No, I’m already immune. However I need to see a doctor for these wounds.” He smiled feebly. Silas saw his wound still bleeding.

“Why hasn’t the bleeding stopped?” He asked.

“What?” Stephan turned to him.

“The bleeding should have stopped by now.”

Stephan looked at his wounds. “Interesting. Its possible the antidote affects the clotting of blood somehow. Take a note of that Burke. You’ll need to work on that at the lab in case I bleed to death and don’t make it.”

“Don’t talk bullshit!” Dr Burke shouted. “Let’s get you out of here!”

“Let’s face the reality Burke, I’m already in shock. I’ve lost too much blood and I’m still losing it. Leave me here. Take the antidote and free the world!”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 11:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Efe, your ignorance killed you...

Nice update..
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 11:19am On Feb 03, 2015
efe.. so stuewpid

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by joywendy(f): 9:40am On Feb 16, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Damoty: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2015
5madness wetin happen now, abeg update dis action zombie novel now, is like am watching resident evil. Since february 16 last up date.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Ksslib(m): 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
pickabeau1:
undecided undecided undecided undecided
I think he only writes when he's experiencing his 5 mins of madness.

So the best one can do is pray he gets mad again but this time around for a very long time. Say like 4months---- so that atleast we can get to finish the story.

Abi how you sef see am?.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ksslib:

Abi how you sef see am?.

let us pray he finishes d story
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by shilery: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
bro pls cm and update o

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
Here we have a dismal situation. The doctor that should have saved the world lies dying at the feet of the doctor that hid from the world. The officer of the law who should have protected those around him is suddenly filled with a deep sense of loss and failure at not being able to protect those entrusted in his care. he looks up at the ceiling as if looking for inspiration but, once again, he is disappointed. The negro from Nigeria doesn't understand why he is beginning to get a strong craving for meat despite the fact that he has been sprayed with the zombie antidote. he thinks of his fallen comrades and his eyes well up with tears. It is because of the tears in his eyes that he fails to see the upper half torn body of a zombie crawling slowly but steadily towards him.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
"Look out!" Silas yells and lets out a burst of fire from his machine gun. The bullets just barely whizzes past Caleb's head and tears the snarling zombie corpse to pieces.

"Dr Burke, we have to get out of here." Silas says, rushing to Caleb to pick him up. Caleb looks up at Silas and Silas gasps. Caleb's face looks horrible.

"The antidote is not working bro." Caleb whispers with a ghoulish grin. "You look so attractive to me right now, I could just eat you up..."

"The aerosol compound must be unstable." Stephan gasps. Dr burke turns back to him, tears staining his glasses. Everything is in disarray.

"Silas, get Dr Burke to the lab, make sure he gets there safe at all costs!" Stephan coughs and blood splatters from his nose unto his shirt. "Something is still missing in the antidote. Burke, find out what it is!" And then he passes out.

"Stephan! Stephan! No, gaddemit!" Dr burke screams as he holds on to Stephan's now still body. He sobs violently and loudly and his voice re-echoes around the underground garage.

"Be quiet, Burke!" Silas warns but it is too late. A loud bang is heard against the steel door of the garage that leads to the outside. A moment passes, and the bang comes again, more violently this time. The garage door bends inwards as the sheer force of numbers of human bodies press against it from the outside.

Silas turns to Burke, "We need to get back to the panic room right n-"

And just then the garage door gives way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
Silas barely had time to duck out of the way as the sea of zombie bodies fell all around him. He jumped to his feet immediately, dragging the still weeping burke of the body of Stephan. as he turned, he saw Caleb rise to his feet, his gun still in his hand, and put himself between them and the zombies.

"Gerrh Docto brrrh to safetyy" He growled and began shooting into the crowd of zombies that were even now beginning to stand on their feet. Shooting and moving forward, he cut a path through the horde and advanced outside of the underground garage into the street . Silas followed suit, shooting as he went and at the same time keeping an eye out for Caleb in case he suddenly turned on them. Caleb looked serene, as if knowing his end was inevitable and had decided to make peace with it. Together, they half dragged, half carried Dr Burke into the street.

Silas sighted a parked KIA SUV with the keys in the ignition and headed for it. Caleb got bit again and again as he kept throwing himself in the line of the zombies that couldn't be brought down easily by the hail of bullets. A particularly fat zombie lurched forward and bit dep into his bleeding chest. Caleb grunted and yanked the zombie off him and before he realized what he was doing, buried his teeth deep into the fat zombie's breasts and bit down hard. the zombie yelped and fell backward as Caleb spat out the chunk of meat still in his mouth.

"Disgusting" Silas heard him grunt before he carried his gun and blew off the head of another zombie. Silas jumped into the SUV and started the engine and thanked his stars when it came to life. he revved the engine and opened the back door for Burke who was wandering around behind them like a zombie himself. It was a miracle he hadn't been bitten. Silas reached out and pulled him into the car and then yanked Caleb in without thinking. Bolting all the door shut, he stamped on the accelerator and the SUV gunned down the street, knocking down a lot of zombies in the process.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by pickabeau1: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
yay!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
"Caleb! Caleb!" Silas barked as Dr burke, apparently coming out of his shock, scrambled to the front seat. Caleb had struggled to the back of the suv as soon as he was in and had curled into a fetal position in the boot. he kept making grunting noises.

"The antidote is keeping him from turning fully." Dr Burke said, glancing at him. "We need to watch him closely."

"Are YOU alright?" Silas gasped as Dr burke suddenly began to vomit. He threw his head out the window and let loose, vomiting violently. Soon he was all better and ducked his head back into the car.

'I'm okay now. Turn left here."

Silas swerved the car into an abandoned street and gunned it .

'how far is it?" he asked anxiously.

'turn left again here." Burke said and Silas obeyed. he turned too sharply and Caleb hit his head on the body of the car. he grunted in pain.

"Sorry buddy". Silas yelled and turned to Dr burke, "you can help him right? He put himself on the line for us back there."

"Turn right" Dr burke said and Silas turned right. They came to a dead end street and Silas stopped the car.

"You didnt answer my question, can you help him?"

"I honestly don't know, but let's get him inside first, then we can analyse the antidote and figure what went wrong."

and then he began to feel around in his pocket.

Silas watched him for a while then realization hit him like a slap on the face.

"YOU LOST THE ANTIDOTE?"
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by joywendy(f): 9:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
finally cheesy welcome back 5minsmadness!

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Justinakusu(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hey man. Love your story. Waiting patiently for it to continue.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
What? If he did he better trek back to the underground garage. Our brother 'Caleb' must get dat antidote.
Well as 4 ur oga 5minsmadness I dey vex sha bt bribe me wit more updates *Winks*. More mb nd inspiration to u sir.
Re: How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse-shorts By 5mmadness by 5minsmadness: 6:19am On Apr 26, 2015
Ciela:
What? If he did he better trek back to the underground garage. Our brother 'Caleb' must get dat antidote.
Well as 4 ur oga 5minsmadness I dey vex sha bt bribe me wit more updates *Winks*. More mb nd inspiration to u sir.
Thank ma.
I no be sir o.
Will update as soon as I get chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soyinka Wins The Europe Theatre Prize / 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination / Diary Of A Naija Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.