Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,500 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You (21558 Views)

Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Braids? (pics) / See What Makeup Did To This albino / What Makeup Can You Not Live Without? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by tonyx4x44(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Austindark: this isn't supposed to be one sided, we accuse dem of looking artificial by paintings n hair but dat might be their leverage for our artificial six packs. some of ve natural pot belle but hustle hard to defy the natural by riding on packs, is dat not artificial.

so op let dem be most especially wen dey wear dem well.

my opinions tho

what you gain from exercise is very natural...

following your logic we shouldn't cut our hair or fingernails because the grow naturally long!
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 23, 2014
`Me totally disagree with you, OP.
Me like my girl looking like a walking rainbow; red hair, purple mascara, yellow blush, orange top, white lipsies, green earies, blue necklace, indigo high heel, and a violet skinnies.

^ My dream girl. [smiles]
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by vislabraye(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: I look at ladies who say they like being themselves and can't help but ROTFLOL. With most of them applying makeup like one coming outta a paint factory. Not to talk of the ego with which some will sway those expensive artificial hair as if it is the end of the world while they look down on every other person as if they are a piece of shit. There is one thing i want you all to know: Being oneself starts with being natural. Once a lady can't be natural, never accept a word when she says she is or likes being herself. Trust me that's a fat lie. Any lady who makes up is actually indirectly telling you that she is what she really isn't. In conclusion, i will like to tell you ladies that being yourself starts with being natural and if you all can do this, men will appreciate you more.
. Are you totally against makeup ? Cos I feel a lady should makeup herself but in moderation.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Hey! Why dont you be natural and let your hair grow wild, stop using deodorant and let your natural scent ooze through, stop using lotion and let your skin be naturally dry or oily whichever.

Make-up is a womans way of completing her look. I can agree that there are those who over do it, but when a make-up is done properly (which does not necessarily mean light make-up), a womans beauty is maximized.

Not all of us are created equal. Whilst some have the smoothest of skins, others have to deal with blemishes, black heads, bumps, rascally facial hairs, uneven skin tones, birthmarks in the weirdest of places, receeding hairlines, scanty haed of hair, balding, acne, e.t.c. Women who fall into this category use make-up and hair-extensions to cover these blemishes thus boosting their self-confidence and allowing them create that all important first impression.

If a woman walks up to you with unruly nappy hair, face full of spots, acne and blemish, lips dryer than the sahara, looking like something straight out of Bed after a nightmare, you wouldnt even give her a second glance.

You boys need to cut women some slack. They have to deal with so many undue pressures that we men put on them. A woman has to look good for us, maintain a certain weight, a certain shape, e.t.c.

If you dont like a woman with Make-up, go date those Deeperlife biitches. If you like a woman who does what she needs to look good, then date regular women. But dont judge a certain group based on your very own prejudice. We all differ one from another.

#To All the Make-Up wearing Biitches, I love you all the way you are. grin cool[/b]
so you mean before the existence of makeup women don't look good? Are you telling me a woman can't look good without makeup? Makeup make women look like a doll and so artificial. If you are a woman and you have acne, please go see a doctor! Makeup is not medication bros. Any lady who makes up can never be herself - i add once more. Can't you see guys out there and some girls looking good without makeup? Ladies, any guy who says he likes you more in makeup is a deceiver and not a lover of nature he abandons once your artificial beauty goes off
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by yousee(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
winiwini: YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WRONG. MAKE UP WILL JUST GIVE YOU A SHORT TIME LOOK, HE WILL APPRECIATE YOU FOR SHORTER TIME AND REALISE HOW UGLY YOU ARE LATER.....BE REAL GIRL!!!!

Abegi make we hear word. There is a huge difference between the makeup of Nikki minaj, lady gaga etc and that of Sinach

Don't be So shallow minded.

Make up isn't all about Brazilian hair and plastic nails.

Queen Esther, Queen Sheba, Queen Nefertiti are huge examples.
Oh! Plus all my sisters, mother and grandmas
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by iswallker(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Hey! Why dont you be natural and let your hair grow wild, stop using deodorant and let your natural scent ooze through, stop using lotion and let your skin be naturally dry or oily whichever.

Make-up is a womans way of completing her look. I can agree that there are those who over do it, but when a make-up is done properly (which does not necessarily mean light make-up), a womans beauty is maximized.

Not all of us are created equal. Whilst some have the smoothest of skins, others have to deal with blemishes, black heads, bumps, rascally facial hairs, uneven skin tones, birthmarks in the weirdest of places, receeding hairlines, scanty haed of hair, balding, acne, e.t.c. Women who fall into this category use make-up and hair-extensions to cover these blemishes thus boosting their self-confidence and allowing them create that all important first impression.

If a woman walks up to you with unruly nappy hair, face full of spots, acne and blemish, lips dryer than the sahara, looking like something straight out of Bed after a nightmare, you wouldnt even give her a second glance.

You boys need to cut women some slack. They have to deal with so many undue pressures that we men put on them. A woman has to look good for us, maintain a certain weight, a certain shape, e.t.c.

If you dont like a woman with Make-up, go date those Deeperlife biitches. If you like a woman who does what she needs to look good, then date regular women. But dont judge a certain group based on your very own prejudice. We all differ one from another.

#To All the Make-Up wearing Biitches, I love you all the way you are. grin cool[/b]

Must you say biitch..? jus asking...
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
DestinedSharon:
for this advice to be effective, U first of all tell Ur fellow men to stop patronising maked-up ladies, let them stop making them believe that they are beautiful when they are artificially designed. Then, they will start appreciating their natural self.
you ladies think men like artificial makeup but we don't. Any man who likes what is not real is not real. My dear don't be deceived by those that say they like fake things. They are fake
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by winiwini: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
AM NOT SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE SAYING HERE. THOSE PEOPLE YOU ARE QUOTING INCLUDING OUR GRANDMAS MADE UP NICELY, NOT LIKE YOU AND PROBABLY YOUR SISTERS.

BABE!!!! DONT USE ABUSIVE WORD HERE. BE GUIDED!!

yousee:

Abegi make we hear word. There is a huge difference between the makeup of Nikki minaj, lady gaga etc and that of Sinach

Don't be So shallow minded.

Make up isn't all about Brazilian hair and plastic nails.

Queen Esther, Queen Sheba, Queen Nefertiti are huge examples.
Oh! Plus all my sisters, mother and grandmas
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by obas1o: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good day every one, I just discover a website that pays u for sharing sometin with ur friends on socail networks like facebook,twitter,googlepus and so on and they also pay dirctly to ur local bank account, wen u place their advert on ur fb or twitter wall and 1 person click on it , dy pay u #10, and when 100 people click it,it gana be 100*10 which is = 1k, and wen u also refer some one to them and d person join vip member,dy pay u #1000,and u can also sigup for a challenge,if u are able to invite 50 frnds to them and they join vip, u r done,cus u will be recieving a total of 100k monthly and if u also invite 10 vips to them u will be paid 10k monthly for 14 months,and if u invite 30 vips u will be paid 50k monthly for 14months, follow the below link to get started http://www.winthrills.com/?ref=obas1o ,after successfully registeration u upgrade ur membership to vip with just 3k, so that u can have access to all their bonus,mind you the 3k is just a dime,cus u can make it within a day even 5k,and make sure your sponsor their is ochuko paul

. Please u may think this is a scam,yahoo or 419..but please i asure u ,is 100% real and legit.but if u r still doubtin no prob, just goto www.google.com,i mean google search engine, and search "winthrills.com is it real or scam?" after that click send,,and see testimonies.but after confirmin don't forget to come back and use my referer link. ,http://www.winthrills.com/?ref=obas1o ..best of luck.
Feel free to contact me if u are encounterin any errors
08158420650 on what'sapp or call
or u can add me on facebook with http://fb.com/obasguru
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by EagleScribes: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pretty babes on make up. Choose ya choice

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by kristana(f): 12:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
dz z poo..derez notin wrong.in wearing make up as long as it z moderate. some pipo.do wear natural make up.and u ll.never kno..
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by jpphilips(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: I look at ladies who say they like being themselves and can't help but ROTFLOL. With most of them applying makeup like one coming outta a paint factory. Not to talk of the ego with which some will sway those expensive artificial hair as if it is the end of the world while they look down on every other person as if they are a piece of shit. There is one thing i want you all to know: Being oneself starts with being natural. Once a lady can't be natural, never accept a word when she says she is or likes being herself. Trust me that's a fat lie. Any lady who makes up is actually indirectly telling you that she is what she really isn't. In conclusion, i will like to tell you ladies that being yourself starts with being natural and if you all can do this, men will appreciate you more.

[size=8pt][size=8pt]Chronicles of a loser![/size][/size]
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
uzolexis:

Men are very confused pple. If a lady doesn't use make up and is natural they'll say she's not classy she's bush etc and it's the so called fake gals they'll admire and run after angry . my dear Sisters do whatever rocks ur boat biko,dont listen to this poo these guys say,if u wan make up abeg go ahead,if u no wan mk up look natural.....every woman is beautiful in her own way,u just have to look in that direction. kiss
your instinct told you that's what we think but that's not true. Men are only attracted to flashy and extravagant stuffs but will prefer to settle for the natural beauty. You ladies want to attract men's attention not that men likes to settle for those attraction.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Poshe7(f): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2014

Abegi,if u are talkin about being natural, try going about naked, no fine clothes or accessories of any sort. shocked

Am only against too much make up,because naturally,too much of everytin isnt right... cool
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by semitunde: 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ideology(m): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Seriously i disagree with op,

I don't see how making up relates with "being oneself "
Being oneself to me should be viewed in the light of ones character or atitude and core values.

For eg a girl who doesn't drink mixes up with girls who drink, then on an occasion, she joins them to drink, then i can say she's not "being herself " instead of comparing natural beauty
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by yousee(m): 12:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
winiwini: YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WRONG. MAKE UP WILL JUST GIVE YOU A SHORT TIME LOOK, HE WILL APPRECIATE YOU FOR SHORTER TIME AND REALISE HOW UGLY YOU ARE LATER.....BE REAL GIRL!!!!

winiwini: AM NOT SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE SAYING HERE. THOSE PEOPLE YOU ARE QUOTING INCLUDING OUR GRANDMAS MADE UP NICELY, NOT LIKE YOU AND PROBABLY YOUR SISTERS.

BABE!!!! DONT USE ABUSIVE WORD HERE. BE GUIDED!!

Make me understand pls
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
Poshe7:

Abegi,if u are talkin about being natural, try going about naked, no fine clothes or accessories of any sort. shocked

Am only against too much make up,because naturally,too much of everytin isnt right... cool
dear dis r two difrent tins. uncladiness n make up. i love gals d r not make up freaks
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Poshe7(f): 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
pls ehh, lets be truthful, what is good is good...make up look good on so many, so how is dat a crime? Mr Op

I think we should be talking about good makeup and bad one, cos we have lots of dem out der.. undecided
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Poshe7(f): 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
sameer1212: dear dis r two difrent tins. uncladiness n make up. i love gals d r not make up freaks

I dont tink d difference is much. If we are talkin abt natural face...

Some have oily face while some have dry,
some have long lashes while some dont,
some have thick eye brow while some dont....so u see
applying powder on oily face, isnt it already make up? cos its not natural
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by hensben(m): 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
Godmother:

You guys make me laugh. So just cos a girl uses make-up she's inscure
Which cave did you crawl out from with this your low mentality and ignorance?
Stop trying to force your opinion and likes on people.
Its simple, if you don't like make-up then go for a natural-looking lady.
But expecting every girl to stop make-up just cos you dnt like it is just silly.
Wisen up, dude
so, if its not insecurity what will you now call it, security abi.
@ op, light make up is cool but painting to look like a doll is anoying.weavon is what ladies can't do away with.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ideology(m): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2014
Poshe7:

Stop giving urself headache
The writers comparison is wrong

Being oneself to me should be viewed in the light of ones character or atitude and core values.

For eg a girl who doesn't drink mixes up with girls who drink, then on an occasion, she joins them to drink, then i can say she's not "being herself " instead of comparing natural beauty
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ideology(m): 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
sucess001: Very shallow,and stewpid opinion if you ask me.

So making up means u re not natural?...

Why not 'dress naked' to work since you want to be 'natural'?

No point even disecting the argument....

Its shallow on the face of it...

Seriously i disagree with op,

For eg a girl who doesn't drink mixes up with girls who drink, then on an occasion, she joins them to drink, then i can say she's not "being herself " instead of comparing natural beauty.

Stop mounting unnecessary pressure on ladies, pls o o

JudismphD: Infantile topics this days
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
Poshe7:

yh i tink u r rite here......... atlist d make shld nt be too much.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by mesoade(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
kennygee: Most men love celebrities like Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyonce and Iggy Azaelia, yet they complain of women wearing Make up.

Why is your Celebrity crush not Asa or Some natural looking woman?

make up is spos to enhance the natural looks of a woman so please stop the self righteousness and show us pics of your wives and Gfs.

#TeamLightMakeup
. . Dats y i lyk chidinma more dan anyother female artiste . . Most make up only on increases ur sex appeal . . No amount of make up wil make rihanna prettier dan chidinma
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Secularist: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
This is a dumb topic with the intent on female bashing.
All the people who agree with the op are hypocrites, misogynists and mostly poor. Yes I said poor, because the made up girls with Brazilian hair would not even Holla at you.

There is nothing wrong with being natural, its a choice, like choosing what food you eat should not mean that one you did not choose is bad.

Every day I am further convinced that hope of this country is dying out thanks to illiteracy and unenlightenment. Even the professors in the universities suffer from these how much more the students.

Very soon I am expecting a thread asking if it is okay to raype girls who wear make up, you know, since its unoriginal and probably a sin. You guys are no different from the boko haram terrorists that are currently molesting 11 year olds in the name of you know who.

Retards.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ideology(m): 12:53pm On Jul 23, 2014
Do mods read the write-up before they bring it to front page. undecided

ideology: Seriously i disagree with op,
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by jude33084(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
You mean like this? grin

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by AdimGreat(f): 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
It is this same Nairaland that a guy came not too long ago complaining that his wife no longer makes up cos of her new found faith. He even threatened committing adultery if she continued that way. So you see @op, one man's food...
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Romanciella(f): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
lmao......

#team heavy makeup.....my boo isnt complainin so why shuold i give a f......#

#foundation.............sleek.........concealer...........blush.......mascara........eyeliner........eyeshadow....lipstick..........
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by spicy244(f): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Pls don't get ma post twisted. Said that based on ma experience. I'm a lady that doesn't like flashy tinx , can even go out witout rubbing powder sef. Buh dia was a day mah frnd (male) called mii n said I quote" why are you like dis, no wonder u are having issues with your bf. Don't you know we guyz like ladies with makeup, braz wears, trendy clothes. You have to change". When a lady luks so simple, men tends to believe that she's local, that's y u see ladies doing wot dy r not supposed to do jez to please their so called boyfrnds.

But mii I love myself whether I'm with moderate makeup or witout makeup. I wear tinx to please masef not maN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can I Return The Fake Nivea Product I Bought From Justrite? / Names Of Perfumes And Body Sprays That Can Last Longer / Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.