Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped (7550 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Professor James Olomo Of OAU-Ife Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
OVER HYPED SCHOOL

1 OAU IFE thinks the are the best in nigeria’, but i cant see any ground breaking invention the school has performed since it was established compare to great schools like UNN AND UI

2 the students of the school always over hype the the school on every thread that is related to education here on nairaland

3 A School that can not give admission on merit , but is primarily based on selection. why because the management of the school is corrupt

4 OAU students are fond of over hyping the beauty of the school, but my visit to the school last week made to realize that social media hype is not a yardstick the measure the through state of something

8 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
Am no an ex-student of OAU though, but it would be nice letting us(ppul who have no idea abt d sch) into ur experience at OAU
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Am no an ex-student of OAU though, but it would be nice letting us(ppul who have no idea abt d sch) into ur experience at OAU undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: OVER HYPED SCHOOL

1 OAU IFE thinks the are the best in nigeria’, but i cant see any ground breaking invention the school has performed since it was established compare to great schools like UNN AND UI

2 the students of the school always over hype the the school on every thread that is related to education here on nairaland

3 A School that can not give admission on merit , but is primarily based on selection. why because the management of the school is corrupt

4 OAU students are fond of over hyping the beauty of the school, but my visit to the school last week made to realize that social media hype is a yardstick the measure the through state of something
pointless

9 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by eby001(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
INFERIORITY COMPLEX
sorry that your life turns out this way

3 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by erad(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2014

4 OAU students are fond of over hyping the beauty of the school, but my visit to the school last week made to realize that social media hype is not a yardstick the measure the through state of something

Why do I sense frustration resulting from possible rejection?

4 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
erad:

Why do I sense frustration resulting from possible rejection?
i dont have time to decipate energy to comments that make no sense to a sane mind

7 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by erad(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i dont have time to decipate energy to comments that make no sense to a sane mind

Guess I'm right then. You finally got tired of your library science.

It is well bro. Downgrading OAU won't make you feel better about yourself, trust me.

6 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2014

and someone make dis crap a topic. Cant believe this

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
erad:

Guess I'm right then. You finally got tired of your library science.

It is well bro. Downgrading OAU won't make you feel better about yourself, trust me.
ok it is the same guy dat say his parent are not happy about what he is studying.

I see

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kennethco(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by ednut1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
sour grapes
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: i dont have time to decipate energy to comments that make no sense to a sane mind
were u not the one that opened a thread seeking advice? U will be 21 in october, u re on a cgpa of 3.38, course: library science. U said u had to settle for the course after u didn't meet up for the requirements of economics in another school, i guess it's great ife, u are not making any sense by trying to defame oau, go and read ur books, write utme again

8 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Aishabjr(f): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Visit us at Heart Naija for daily celebrity gossip, strange news, sport news and funny hilarious ribs cracking jokes! www.heartnaija.com
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by opeyemmmy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
ednut1: sour grapes

grin

I think he's desperate for FP and mentions.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by aluunoble: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
U grin
SAPEDRO:
were u not the one that opened a thread seeking advice? U will be 21 in october, u re on a cgpa of 3.38, course: library science. U said u had to settle for the course after u didn't meet up for the requirements of economics in another school, i guess it's great ife, u are not making any sense by trying to defame oau, go and read ur books, write utme again

Dah! Na wao boys fit cram pple's moniker, see follow-up lol u go fear fear.

3 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
OP is right. grin cool
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
SAPEDRO:
am just talking from experience but the truth is that OAU is over hyped too much on every social network and forums like nairaland
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by lyriclekidd(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2014

true . .my mates for unilorin done dy enter 200 level me i neva recieve one lecture for oau. Chai

3 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
opeyemmmy:

grin

I think he's desperate for FP and mentions.
frotpage for all i care, my topics are from my experiences that i had in life,
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony: OP is right. grin cool
thanks man for that
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifeconwaba(m): 7:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
SAPEDRO:
yes am a library science student for now no matter what my parents might say about the course i still have chances of becoming one of the most renowned economist in the world which has been my child hood dream. lastly for information i didnt choose in any of the two ume exams i have taken becos i hate over hyped schools thanks

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: thanks man for that

Don't mind them, they just don't want to say the truth. undecided

Glorified Citadel leaving on their 1990's past glory. angry

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by AderibigbeAAA(m): 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
The two main purpose of a university is LEARNING and RESEARCH and the great Obafemi Awolowo is doing great and wonderfully well when it comes to those aspect that is Learning and Research.
In that important two aspects, OAU will stand toe to toe with most of Nigeria best Universities like UI, UNN n ABU.
However, the truth be told, all Nigerian Universities are faced with different problems and challenges of which OAU is not excluded. OAU major problem is the instability and inconsistency of her Academic Calendar due To one crisis or the other. The students of the Great OAU are forever conscious and have great unity in Students' Unionism which allow for protest and other demonstration. There are other internal crisis that also lead to the closure of the school.
Another, thing I observed about OAU is that the facilities and buildings are not properly managed by the university management.
However, OAU is still one of the best university in Nigeria.

opinion on a UI graduate.

10 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: yes am a library science student for now no matter what my parents might say about the course i still have chances of becoming one of the most renowned economist in the world which has been my child hood dream. lastly for information i didnt choose in any of the two ume exams i have taken becos i hate over hyped schools thanks
May God grant u ur heart desires, i am not the type that scare kids away, but u wrote absolute rubbish up there, just read it to yourself again, especially the part that OAU doesn't have any great 'invention' / achievements, one might think u re one frustrated dude

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
I trust nairalanders,dey go give u wetin u ask for

Bro,next tym no post shit like this,anyway this one go they among topix wey u sef don make
#just lay ur mat,lie down they observe wetin dey for the thread,no talk pass wetin u suppose talk#
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

Don't mind them, they just don't want to say the truth. undecided

Glorified Citadel leaving on their 1990's past glory. angry

HOW FAR ABOUT YOUR POST UTME? I MEAN UI POST UTME.

OAU IS A FORCE TO RECKON WITH AMONG THE NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
@OP, you said you never chose OAU in UTME, how then did you know that the admission policy is not based on merit? Someone told you?

BTW, you're a student of what school? OAU lacks properly-maintained facilities, I agree. But is your school any better?

The fact remains that OAU is the best in Nigeria, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you're not in the system, you will not know how it feels to be a GreatIFE!

Your post ehn, very funny.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

HOW FAR ABOUT YOUR POST UTME? I MEAN UI POST UTME.

OAU IS A FORCE TO RECKON WITH AMONG THE NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES

Why are you asking

Well, I haven't done it. Any problem? undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
jaryeh: @OP, you said you never chose OAU in UTME, how then did you know that the admission policy is not based on merit? Someone told you?

BTW, you're a student of what school? OAU lacks properly-maintained facilities, I agree. But is your school any better?

The fact remains that OAU is the best in Nigeria, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you're not in the system, you will not know how it feels to be a GreatIFE!

Your post ehn, very funny.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

gringringringringrin

@bolded, I pray Oo.

You mean 'Gbags' on his post?. gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

Why are you asking

Well, I haven't done it. Any problem? undecided

JUST ASKING, I OBSERVED THAT YOU DO COMMENT IN FAVOUR OF UI

#WHEN IS THE POST UTME COMING UP?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

JUST ASKING, I OBSERVED THAT YOU DO COMMENT IN FAVOUR OF UI

#WHEN IS THE POST UTME COMING UP?

LOL! Okay.

No date yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘Such as’ and ‘like’: which is appropriate? / Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! / Uniben Part Time Form, PGD, MASTERS And Post UME Any Info U Want.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.