Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped (7552 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Professor James Olomo Of OAU-Ife Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

gringringringringrin

@bolded, I pray Oo.

You mean 'Gbags' on his post?. gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! Okay.

No date yet.

PORT TO OAU. AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OAU AND UI
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Bootybuttchic(f): 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
erad:

Guess I'm right then. You finally got tired of your library science.

It is well bro. Downgrading OAU won't make you feel better about yourself, trust me.
erad:
Why do I sense frustration resulting from possible rejection?
erad:

Guess I'm right then. You finally got tired of your library science.

It is well bro. Downgrading OAU won't make you feel better about yourself, trust me.
why dont you people just read and go,if you cant say something reasonable about the issue"u can always oppose ones point with your own opinion and not insults"(i guess your ife students) .....buts its d guys opinion ,contribute or scram! ....pkakam
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

PORT TO OAU. AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OAU AND UI

UI admission is the best in Nigeria.

1) Only your p.utme score determines aggregate. The VC knows that Jamb score is cheat. undecided So, they don't add it.

2) They have the best hostel in Nigeria. Just 4 people in a room unlike some schools with 10people.

3) If someone beat the cutoff, he/she is already in without any runse.

4) If you've 50% and didn't get up to your cutoff, they'll allow you to choose any vacant course.

5) They don't do catchment while admitting etc.

They are simply the best. smiley
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) Only your p.utme score determines aggregate. The VC knows that Jamb score is cheat. undecided So, they don't add it.

2) They have the best hostel in Nigeria. Just 4 people in a room unlike some schools with 10people.

4) If you've 50% and didn't get up to your cutoff, they'll allow you to choose any vacant course.

EVERY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA USES CATCHMENT AREA. OAU ALSO GIVE THEIR CANDIDATES THE CHANCE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER COURSE THEIR POST UTME SCORE MEET UP TO.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IN UI, CUT OFF MARK IS NOT USE IN ADMITTING LECTURERS' CANDIDATE (SLOT- RELATIVES, FRIENDS, BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN )..

#I THINK WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE SHOULDN'T BE USE AS CRITERIA FOR BEST UNIVERSITY.............
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

EVERY UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA USES CATCHMENT AREA. OAU ALSO GIVE THEIR CANDIDATES THE CHANCE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER COURSE THEIR POST UTME SCORE MEET UP TO.

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IN UI, CUT OFF MARK IS NOT USE IN ADMITTING LECTURERS' CANDIDATE (SLOT- RELATIVES, FRIENDS, BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN )..

#I THINK WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE SHOULDN'T BE USE AS CRITERIA FOR BEST UNIVERSITY.............

Like in Unilag, if Law merit cutoff mark is 68, Ogun will be 66, Lagos will be 64, Oyo 63, Ondo 62, Osun 61 and Ekiti 60. Same as OAU.

But in UI, everybody owns the same cutoff. No different cutoff for catchment and Educational less developed state(why should this be made available sef). smiley

UI was ranked number one by URAP 2013 academic ranking while OAU was ranked 4th.

OAU only leads in webometric. undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

Like in Unilag, if Law merit cutoff mark is 68, Ogun will be 66, Lagos will be 64, Oyo 63, Ondo 62, Osun 61 and Ekiti 60. Same as OAU.

But in UI, everybody owns the same cutoff. No different cutoff for catchment and Educational less developed state(why should this be made available sef). smiley

UI was ranked number one by URAP 2013 academic ranking while OAU was ranked 4th.

OAU only leads in webometric. undecided

I UNDERSTAND WANT YOU MEANT BY CATCHMENT AREA BEFORE. BUT ADMISSION STUFF CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE AN UNIVERSITY EXCELLENCE BUT ACHIEVEMENTS........

CAN YOU KINDLY PROVIDE A LINK PERTAINING TO THE URAP RANKING
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
@OP, how many times did u write OAU's post utme? You should have just tried Pre-degree.
The Lord is ur muscle sha. 9ja mugu!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

I UNDERSTAND WANT YOU MEANT BY CATCHMENT AREA BEFORE. BUT ADMISSION STUFF CAN'T BE USE TO GAUGE AN UNIVERSITY EXCELLENCE BUT ACHIEVEMENTS........

1) University of Ibadan

2) University of Lagos

3) University of Nigeria

4) Obafemi Awolowo University.

5) Ahmadu Bello University

6) University of Benin

http://www.urapcenter.org/2013/country.php?ccode=NG&rank=all
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kendzyma(m): 12:06am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

se u no no how to swap to small letters for ur keypad?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by darmhey(m): 12:11am On Jul 26, 2014
Great Ife! Articulate Ife! Due to the ongoing sagacity I think we have the time to lash this gentleman, but maybe we shouldn't, I was once like the OP thinking OAU is over hyped, not until I was part of the system, OAU NO BE BEANS! I can remember the first post ume I wrote in OAU, I simply knew OAU was different and I wanted to try again. Mr OP, If you still want to study Economics, do come to OAU if you're lucky enough. You won't be preached to! On this note I say Aluta con....ooops sorry.

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 12:26am On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) University of Ibadan

2) University of Lagos

3) University of Nigeria

4) Obafemi Awolowo University.

5) Ahmadu Bello University

6) University of Benin

http://www.urapcenter.org/2013/country.php?ccode=NG&rank=all

I DOUBT THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS URAP. ONLY 6 UNIVERSITIES I CAN SEE ON THEIR RANKING.

WEBOMETRIC IS STILL PREFERABLE. DO YOU HAVE THE LINK OF NUC RANKING (I MEAN THE RANKING DONE BY NIGERIA UNIVERSITY COMMISSION )?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 12:28am On Jul 26, 2014
Kendzyma: se u no no how to swap to small letters for ur keypad?

I NO KNOW AM. ODE!!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

I DOUBT THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS URAP. ONLY 6 UNIVERSITIES I CAN SEE ON THEIR RANKING.

WEBOMETRIC IS STILL PREFERABLE. DO YOU HAVE THE LINK OF NUC RANKING (I MEAN THE RANKING DONE BY NIGERIA UNIVERSITY COMMISSION )?

This is URAP Top2000 Universities in the world.

Only 6 Nigerian school made it. smiley

As for NUC, "No".
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Isiterere(m): 12:33am On Jul 26, 2014
opinions are subjective ...but majority carry the vote.
Op beware , this thread can only increase your frustration .
Enjoy your library science ; your parent will soon be cool with your course of study . Pele

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 12:35am On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

This is URAP Top2000 Universities in the world.

Only 6 Nigerian school made it. smiley

As for NUC, "No".

ALRIGHT. SUCCESS IN YOUR UPCOMING MOST UTME

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by erad(m): 2:03am On Jul 26, 2014
Bootybuttchic: why dont you people just read and go,if you cant say something reasonable about the issue"u can always oppose ones point with your own opinion and not insults"(i guess your ife students) .....buts its d guys opinion ,contribute or scram! ....pkakam

I'm really trying to understand how my comments have affected you. My first comment was a simple question, the second was an advice.

I'm still trying to figure out why you picked me out but that's a question I probably don't want an answer to. Be good, and you should probably go check your B.P.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by dinlin: 5:19am On Jul 26, 2014
OAU is not over-hyped. It just stands out as a very great uni compared to other naija institution...infact outside 9ja it doesnt carry much weight..have u seen webometric university rankings at all ? read how they also came about their rankings.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Bootybuttchic(f): 5:23am On Jul 26, 2014
erad:

I'm really trying to understand how my comments have affected you. My first comment was a simple question, the second was an advice.

I'm still trying to figure out why you picked me out but that's a question I probably don't want an answer to. Be good, and you should probably go check your B.P.
so i quoted u thrice undecided .criousslly? ...your post most have been too dumb,i didnt check d username cos i wudnt think just a person wrote those craps.....bro are u educated cos walahi u dont sound like one......if u aremaybe u are amongst those usually called educated illitrate....no offence intended!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Uricas(m): 5:26am On Jul 26, 2014
lyriclekidd:

true . .my mates for unilorin done dy enter 200 level me i neva recieve one lecture for oau. Chai
That's one of those things she's great.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by erad(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2014
Bootybuttchic: so i quoted u thrice undecided .criousslly? ...your post most have been too dumb,i didnt check d username cos i wudnt think just a person wrote those craps.....bro are u educated cos walahi u dont sound like one......if u aremaybe u are amongst those usually called educated illitrate....no offence intended!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Now its obvious I struck a nerve.
Eeeeeyah, sorry. I know better than degrading myself to insult you and you are absolutely right, I've never seen the four corners of a formal educational institution.

You sound so pained. All the insults and all, there's more to it than my comments. Whatever it may be, I hope you discover and put a check on it soon before it consumes you. I'm sure you still have a bit of sanity left to achieve that.

Peace.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Sanchez01: 7:10am On Jul 26, 2014
OP, I sense you were rejected, shey? It's alright. I read through your post and all I could see was rejection and anger. Being an alumnus, I hear how people take a swipe at the school's image. There are good schools in Nigerua and OAU is definitely one of the best. I respect all schools, great and small but what makes the school great is what you might never know. The ceaseless drillings, readins and toilings are enough to invoke a demon in you. I guess the name and the image of the school are largely responsible for your inferiority complex. It is not nad if you still want to trywink

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by kumpharm(f): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

Stop being myopic Francis. If peeps say a school is better, ask them why? Ask them the criterion they used in judging - academics, welfare, or the social aspect. It's not all about the admission process used by a school as no two schools use the same method in admitting students.

From ur posts -this nd others, I can see that u dnt knw much 'bout d school u're aspiring for. Try to do more researches, u have a lot to learn. #My2cents

4 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 26, 2014
you forgot to add their unneccessary beef for UNILAG......................almost every OAU student i meet even JARUS too has this resentment towards UNILAG........................... lastly all nigerian schools are USELESS, OAU inclusive..
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2014
kumpharm:

Stop being myopic Francis. If peeps say a school is better, ask them why? Ask them the criterion they used in judging - academics, welfare, or the social aspect. It's not all about the admission process used by a school as no two schools use the same method in admitting students.

From ur posts -this nd others, I can see that u dnt knw much 'bout d school u're aspiring for. Try to do more researches, u have a lot to learn. #My2cents

Did you see his 'quote' I quoted?

He was like "I should port to OAU" and I am giving him reason(s) why I don't want to. You gerrit? undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by michaeltotti(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2014
Yepa!!!
500GP:

JUST ASKING, I OBSERVED THAT YOU DO COMMENT IN FAVOUR OF UI

#WHEN IS THE POST UTME COMING UP?
so Ʊ are nt even a student yet that Ʊ carry ui matter for head like gala.that Ʊ codemn anything for oau.he go clear ur eye when ui break your heartgrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by michaeltotti(m): 8:40am On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

so if Ʊ beat oau cut off mark.them tell Ʊ say them no go give Ʊ admision?ℓ̊ don't even need †o trade word with Ʊ.like Ʊ don't know much abou oau
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2014
michaeltotti: Yepa!!!so Ʊ are nt even a student yet that Ʊ carry ui matter for head like gala.that Ʊ codemn anything for oau.he go clear ur eye when ui break your heartgrin

LOOK AT THIS PERSON. I AM NOT A JAMBITE LIKE YOU.

READ PEOPLES COMMENT VERY WELL BEFORE YOU QUOTE THEM
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kendzyma(m): 9:04am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

I NO KNOW AM. ODE!!
no wonder ur deluded mind iz aiming at 500gp
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 26, 2014
michaeltotti: so if Ʊ beat oau cut off mark.them tell Ʊ say them no go give Ʊ admision?ℓ̊ don't even need †o trade word with Ʊ.like Ʊ don't know much abou oau

No need to trade words with me. I never quoted you.

Have a nice day. undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2014
Kendzyma: no wonder ur deluded mind iz aiming at 500gp

FOOLISH MAN, I AM ALREADY IN THE PATH OF 5.00GPA. IT'S CERTAIN.

#OLOFO
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kendzyma(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

FOOLISH MAN, I AM ALREADY[b]IN THE PATH OF 5.00GPA[/b]IT'S CERTAIN.

#OLOFO
hope u no d difference between 5.00 and 500?
@bolded...at least u avnt goten der..so till den,just keep shut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uniben Part Time Form, PGD, MASTERS And Post UME Any Info U Want. / Fraternities And Confraternities; If Only Understood! / JAMB 2019/2020 Registration Form And Examination Date Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.