Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,861 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped (7684 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Professor James Olomo Of OAU-Ife Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: are u telling me dat unilag is better than oau?i stay in ilaje area of bariga[very close to unilag] since birth,so count me out of those u will be fooling about unilag,
relate all dis questions to unilag and answer it

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS............... Count me out of those you're also fooling about OAU.........
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

Oh Really?......What groundbreaking software has the school produced?

How many algorithimic/programming contests has the university won? with the ICT

how many if these structures have working basic facilities like fully functioning AC'S, central liaised microphones etc

TALES BY MOONLIGHT
see my other post

www.oauife.edu.ng
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

YOU LISTED SOYINKA, ACHEBE AS PRODUCTS OF UI. AND I LISTED ADEBOYE, FALANA HAS PRODUCT OF OAU. WHICH IMPLIES THAT OAU HAS ALSO PRODUCED GREAT PEOPLE.

SO UNN MADE ADEBOYE GREAT? THIS GUY IS FUNNY

Chinua Achebe is father of African Literature.

WOLE Soyinka is a Nobel priye Laureate.

Give us ground breaking award or significance Pastor Adeboye and Femi Falana have made.

Yes, Pastor Adeboye is a product of UNN but he completed the remaining part of his education in OAU.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

my pals paid 10,500 in lag 2 yrs back......... my FUTO guys paid 9,850............" most " FEDERAL varsities are low cost.........
Yea. Then, OAU students were paying as low as 6k. I said it "used to" be the cheapest. That's it.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: www.oauife.edu.ng

Why in the Debaucherous Name of ZEUS do i need to hackney my MB on their portal............... answer my questions or FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

WEBOMETRIC is based on traffic......... you don't expect students to do nothing but visit their school portal............ be PRAGMATIC!!!!
oga fi grammer yen le...
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by duni04(m): 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
As an ex student of OAU i totally agree with the OP's view. OAU is just a relic from the past. Academically, lecturers still use textbooks and lecture notes from their glory days in the 70'S and 80'S. Hostels are so terrible, cesspits infact. Moz, Angola and Faj are disasters waiting to happen. compared to schools like convenant and Landmark and most private Unis infact, OAU is a glorified secondary school.
To cap it up, OAU students and lecturers prefer staying at home and running their businesses to the school itself because the school is always on strike! Last year OAU was in session for just 4 months in the entire year. This year the school has only been in session for 4 months too. There's always a strike going on. Saying that OAU is the best uni in Nigeria is an insult to university education in Nigeria.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
jaryeh:
Yea. Then, OAU students were paying as low as 6k. I said it "used to" be the cheapest. That's it.
in cost terms they are relative so i'm least concerned
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: oga fi grammer yen le...
While on campus, oauife.edu.ng is the only website you visit abi?.....................
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
duni04: As an ex student of OAU i totally agree with the OP's view. OAU is just a relic from the past. Academically, lecturers still use textbooks and lecture notes from their glory days in the 70'S and 80'S. Hostels are so terrible, cesspits infact. Moz, Angola and Faj are disasters waiting to happen. compared to schools like convenant and Landmark and most private Unis infact, OAU is a glorified secondary school.
To cap it up, OAU students and lecturers prefer staying at home and running their businesses to the school itself because the school is always on strike! Last year OAU was in session for just 4 months in the entire year. This year the school has only been in session for 4 months too. There's always a strike going on. Saying that OAU is the best uni in Nigeria is an insult to university education in Nigeria.

Chineke. cheesy cheesy gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
duni04: As an ex student of OAU i totally agree with the OP's view. OAU is just a relic from the past. Academically, lecturers still use textbooks and lecture notes from their glory days in the 70'S and 80'S. Hostels are so terrible, cesspits infact. Moz, Angola and Faj are disasters waiting to happen. compared to schools like convenant and Landmark and most private Unis infact, OAU is a glorified secondary school.

not Just OAU, all federal universities are in Dimunitive conditions, yet we keep championing mediocrity
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

Chineke. cheesy cheesy gringrin

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
a 1st class graduate or some1 with 2:1 from Ife wouldnt say what you're saying
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: a 1st class graduate or some1 with 2:1 from Ife wouldnt say what you're saying

typical nigerian......... y'all hate hearing the truth......
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

not Just OAU, all federal universities are in Dimunitive conditions yet we keep championing mediocrity
nice 1 there@bolded
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

typical nigerian......... y'all hate hearing the truth......
oga mi,u sef b Nigerian?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

OAU is just the average NIGERIAN university with CRAP lecturers and MEGA-CRAP system like every other NIGERIAN university.........

*What ground breaking research has OAU undertaken or unveiled in the past decade

* How many NOBEL laurets or FIELD medalist are faculty members

*How many internationally acclaimed accolades have like the ACM ICPC, IMC have the students won

* How many STATE-OF-THE-ART facilities of science and engineering does the universty posess

.................. OAU is hyped............ its just the average nigerian uni, nothing more.................... accept that
u are just making me to be laughing, u are a very funny person, if oau is a average nigerian university.

Which university is the rich nigeria university?
Which is the poor

bros,get the right facts,all universities in nigeria are average nigeria university.
If one is rich he/she will go to harvard where they paid #2.5m, oxford #1.5, cambridge #1.5,or others better sch around d world and not all dis craps here in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

WOLE Soyinka is Nobel Laureate.

Give us ground breaking award or significance of Pastor Adeboye and Femi Falana.

Yes, Pastor Adeboye is a product of UNN but he completed the remaining part of his education in OAU.

ADEBOYE AND FALANA MAY NOT BAG ANY GROUNDBREAKING AWARD BUT THEY'RE OUTSTANDING IN WHAT THEY SPECIFY ON.

FEMI FALANA AND ADEBOYE ARE FORCE TO RECKON WITH IN NIGERIA.

ADEBOYE IS A PRODUCT OF OAU. DON'T DECEIVE YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by duni04(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: a 1st class graduate or some1 with 2:1 from Ife wouldnt say what you're saying
I'm not into hype or unnecessary flattery. I like saying it as it is. plus I've visited other schools, especially private universities and i can say without any doubt that there is more learning and research going on in private universities than public ones. Lecturers in public schools just collect their over bloated salaries, treat students like shit and go back to running their personal businesses like normal government workers in Nigeria do. Nothing is going on in public Unis and OAU is the perfect example. Nothing is going on there now, literally. The school is on strike!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: u are just making me to be laughing, u are a very funny person, if oau is a average nigerian university.

Which university is the rich nigeria university?
Which is the poor

bros,get the right facts,all universities in nigeria are average nigeria university.
If one is rich he/she will go to harvard where they paid #2.5m, oxford #1.5, cambridge #1.5,or others better sch around d world and not all dis craps here in nigeria.

you just reechoed my points .........and still EVADED my questions...............
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
duni04:
I'm not into hype or unnecessary flattery. I like saying it as it is. plus I've visited other schools, especially private universities and i can say without any doubt that there is more learning and research going on in private universities than public ones. Lecturers in public schools just collect their over bloated salaries, treat students like shit and go back to running their personal businesses like normal government workers in Nigeria do. Nothing is going on in public Unis and OAU is the perfect example. Nothing is going on there now, literally. The school is on strike!

most sensible fellow here so far
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Bros in this context it should have been 'ignorant' not your fault though,incompetent OAU lecturers all over the places are responsible,when they are always speaking yoruba,how can they speak or write good english?.

coded80: u cant xpect that kind of university to employ half-baked graduate I don't know what gives OAU the impression that their products are better than graduates from other schools,what gave the impression was that in any competition with others universities,oau could win at least 60% of the whole prize in OAU their wifi is passworded and as a result their students are forced to buy what they call 'INTECU' before they can browse but back in the days in unilag, we browse free with our laptops,just enter ur name and matric number that's the password and you start using the internet absolutely free,oau is run as a private federal university,dat y oau is different 4m others sch,so u dont expect all tin to be free throughout my stay there(in OAU) I didn't see anything that worth all the hype except the noisy fruit bats all the places,no doubt by now most of them will be carriers of the dreaded Ebola virus.u are ignorance dat y
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: Bros in this context it should have been 'ignorant' not your fault though,incompetent OAU lecturers all over the places are responsible,when they are always speaking yoruba,how can they speak or write good english?.

lol, am using a small nokia phone to type, and nobody is above mistake,i guess u should not used dat to justify me. Cause everybody is under mistakes.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: Bros in this context it should have been 'ignorant' not your fault though,incompetent OAU lecturers all over the places are responsible,when they are always speaking yoruba,how can they speak or write good english?.

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

Give us ground breaking award or significance Pastor Adeboye and Femi Falana have made.

where do you think Wole Soyinka get his Prof
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
But since nobody knows when you'll be able to afford a better phone,I'll suggest you go over your write up before posting it and save us the stress.
Thank you.

coded80: lol, am using a small nokia phone to type, and nobody is above mistake,i guess u should not used dat to justify me. Cause everybody is under mistakes.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
There you go again,it should have been 'don't use that to judge me',are you gonna blame your nokia 3310 this time or who?..... OAU una don kill person ooo!!!

coded80: even ur president with mama peace,we have to write down what they want to say b4 reading it out,but in my own case,am just typing and pasting it direct here,so dont use dat to justify me.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by emekakelvin(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

[b] Francis, as a matter of fact, I do not like bragging about any skul and their achievement. It's very clear that any time when oau as a skul is being mentioned, you air in your opinion and name the skul "Grand papa achievement".

Let go a bit political, do you know the current forces to reckon with when you name Nigeria politics? They are the Likes of Sir ernest shoneka, Buhari, Babaginda, Obasanjo and et.c. The last among these names to be in office as at when they first tested power was Babaginda which lasted till 1993. Without doubt, their influence can still be seen in Nigerian politics. Why not you called Nigeria a country of past glory?

There is a point I am trying to make here. Oau made her mark in the early "90s, but the people she graduated during that period are the people ín vogue in different forum of Nigeria. For example, Sir Adeboye of Redeem who was once a mathematics lecturer in Unilorin before becoming pastor. Do you know femi falana? He was once an Aviation minister? Do you know that the present governor of ondo state was once an oau student?

What about our current cbn governor? Mrs Sarah "She is also an oau alumnus. I am just trying to correct your wrong impression of airing that oau is a granda skul of glory.
Interms of hype, Oau may be flawless in this situation because of her calendar. A country without stability may be weak to strike a balance when she recovers. --->>>>Same applies to institution like uni, poly,et.c
My case I rest
Aluta continua
[/b]

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: But since nobody knows when you'll be able to afford a better phone
and who told u i dont have a better phone? Must i be using a high quality phone 24/7 just to comment on ''ordinary nairaland'',I'll suggest you go over your write up before posting it and save us the stress.
Thank you.

[/quote]and i dont mind if u could get me a 'better phone'
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
There you go again,it should have been 'don't use that to judge me',are you gonna blame your nokia 3310 this time or who?..... OAU una don kill person ooo!!!

coded80: even ur president with mama peace,we have to write down what they want to say b4 reading it out,but in my own case,am just typing and pasting it direct here,so dont use dat to justify me.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
emekakelvin:

[b] Francis, as a matter of fact, I do not like bragging about any skul and their achievement. It's very clear that any time when oau as a skul is being mentioned, you air in your opinion and name the skul "Grand papa achievement".

Let go a bit political, do you know the current forces to reckon with when you name Nigeria politics? They are the Likes of Sir ernest shoneka, Buhari, Babaginda, Obasanjo and et.c. The last among these names to be in office as at when they first tested power was Babaginda which lasted till 1993. Without doubt, their influence can still be seen in Nigerian politics. Why not you called Nigeria a country of past glory?

There is a point I am trying to make here. Oau made her mark in the early "90s, but the people she graduated during that period are the people ín vogue in different forum of Nigeria. For example, Sir Adeboye of Redeem who was once a mathematics lecturer in Unilorin before becoming pastor. Do you know femi falana? He was once an Aviation minister? Do you know that the present governor of ondo state was once an oau student?

What about our current cbn governor? Mrs Sarah "She is also an oau alumnus. I am just trying to correct your wrong impression of airing that oau is a granda skul of glory.
Interms of hype, Oau may be flawless in this situation because of her calendar. A country without stability may be weak to strike a balance when she recovers. --->>>>Same applies to institution like uni, poly,et.c
My case I rest
Aluta continua
[/b]

Story! Story! Story!

Remove 'Adeboye' from that your list.

He's a product of UNN. He only completed the small of part of his education in OAU during the outbreak of civil war.

Btw, I don't understand government neither do I visit Politics section. gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: There you go again,it should have been 'don't use that to judge me',are you gonna blame your nokia 3310 this time or who?..... OAU una don kill person ooo!!!

cant u see u also made a mistake.

What is 'there u go again'

typing fast and pasting without re-reading what u type is prone to mistake,so dont use dat as an objection

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guide To Writing Visa Sop (Statement of purpose). / 43,000 Applicants Fail CBT For Oyo State Teaching Job / The Scandal Of Private Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.