Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,492 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped (7673 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Professor James Olomo Of OAU-Ife Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: cant u see u also made a mistake.

What is 'there u go again'

He is right. undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
Have a good night rest bro,its been a nice chat.

coded80: and who told u i dont have a better phone? Must i be using a high quality phone 24/7 just to comment on ''ordinary nairaland'',I'll suggest you go over your write up before posting it and save us the stress.
Thank you.

and i dont mind if u could get me a 'better phone'
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: Have a good night rest bro,its been a nice chat.

alright bro, gudnite
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

He is right. undecided
hmm
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Even people wey neva smell university life dey argue ontop OAU matter.

It is well
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by ahkenaten(m): 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
ifyx and francistony ...una well done o... ..funny thread.. oau is this oau is that..at the end of the day yhu sleep and wake up in the morning....your height or weight remains the same that is you've gained nothing. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by emekakelvin(m): 3:21am On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Story! Story! Story!

Remove 'Adeboye' from that your list.

He's a product of UNN. He only completed the small of part of his education in OAU during the outbreak of civil war.

Btw, I don't understand government neither do I visit Politics section. gringrin

Just a question!
If oau and unn were said to be the only secondary skul in my area. During my sss1 and sss2 session I attended unn, but I decided to do my wassce in oau. Which of these skuls do you think I will get my original result(ssce) From?

Compare this situation to Sir Adeboye's

Your final answer is left for your own consumption sha

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 5:21am On Jul 27, 2014
ahkenaten: ifyx and francistony ...una well done o... ..funny thread.. oau is this oau is that..at the end of the day yhu sleep and wake up in the morning....your height or weight remains the same that is you've gained nothing. grin grin
ogbeni go siddon
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 6:03am On Jul 27, 2014
Why do you all keep ignoring the key question here? - OAU IS WORST, IS YOUR SCHOOL BETTER? In what way?

tag: chigodo, coded80, ahkenaten et al.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 27, 2014
emekakelvin:

Just a question!
If oau and unn were said to be the only secondary skul in my area. During my sss1 and sss2 session I attended unn, but I decided to do my wassce in oau. Which of these skuls do you think I will get my original result(ssce) From?

Compare this situation to Sir Adeboye's

Your final answer is left for your own consumption sha

I never said he is not a product of OAU.

But, UNN made him.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 27, 2014
jaryeh: Why do you all keep ignoring the key question here? - OAU IS WORST, IS YOUR SCHOOL BETTER? In what way?

am not part of those against oau
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Uricas(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2014
People tend to beef you when you are doing well or when they feel that you are above them... OAU! A typical example.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by emekakelvin(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

I never said he is not a product of OAU.

But, UNN made him.
Really?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2014
emekakelvin:
Really?

#Obvious
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by olagamalin(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2014
All You Need to Know – Unilever Nigeria’s Ideatrophy Competition (for Undergraduates)

Check ~~»http://unilaglss./2014/07/26/all-you-need-to-know-unilever-nigerias-ideatrophy-competition/

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Jarus(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2014
cryptography: you forgot to add their unneccessary beef for UNILAG......................almost every OAU student i meet even JARUS too has this resentment towards UNILAG........................... lastly all nigerian schools are USELESS, OAU inclusive..

Can you provide proof of that? Or just a figment of your imagination?

Clue: http://www.jarushub.com/top-10-most-bankable-universities-in-nigeria/
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by ahkenaten(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2014
jaryeh: Why do you all keep ignoring the key question here? - OAU IS WORST, IS YOUR SCHOOL BETTER? In what way?

why tag me?? i no wan join discussion i came to pull my brothers out of this meaningless thread.. grin grin i dont personally like oau..for personal reasons grin grin but i love the bat peppersoup and palmwine grin grin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2014
emekakelvin:

[b] Francis, as a matter of fact, I do not like bragging about any skul and their achievement. It's very clear that any time when oau as a skul is being mentioned, you air in your opinion and name the skul "Grand papa achievement".

Let go a bit political, do you know the current forces to reckon with when you name Nigeria politics? They are the Likes of Sir ernest shoneka, Buhari, Babaginda, Obasanjo and et.c. The last among these names to be in office as at when they first tested power was Babaginda which lasted till 1993. Without doubt, their influence can still be seen in Nigerian politics. Why not you called Nigeria a country of past glory?

There is a point I am trying to make here. Oau made her mark in the early "90s, but the people she graduated during that period are the people ín vogue in different forum of Nigeria. For example, Sir Adeboye of Redeem who was once a mathematics lecturer in Unilorin before becoming pastor. Do you know femi falana? He was once an Aviation minister? Do you know that the present governor of ondo state was once an oau student?

What about our current cbn governor? Mrs Sarah "She is also an oau alumnus. I am just trying to correct your wrong impression of airing that oau is a granda skul of glory.
Interms of hype, Oau may be flawless in this situation because of her calendar. A country without stability may be weak to strike a balance when she recovers. --->>>>Same applies to institution like uni, poly,et.c
My case I rest
Aluta continua
[/b]
nice write-up bro...but u 4got to tell him dat Mr Seun Osewa,the founder of nairaland forum he is using to say what he likes abt oau is also from oau.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2014

why u come tag coded80 among dem He support oau,abi wetin snail wan come do for soup wen den dey call meat.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by chigodo(m): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2014
Bros thanks for that question,if you look at my post very well you'll realise that I wasn't saying unilag is better than OAU because non of them meets the world standard of tertiary institutions but my point was that OAU will always hype their school as if its better than the other Nigerian universities,I used to believe this trash till I was posted to OAU for nysc then I saw things for myself and I was very objective about it that was why I gave verifiable examples infact during my stay in EDM faculty in OAU there was a period we didn't have light there for 2 months(in a faculty of a university,such can't happen in unilag and still doesn't make unilag better of),I want you to notice something,unilag students hardly come on forums like this to praise our school because we've travelled a little and we've seen what's obtainable out there so we saw that a lot needs to be done.
Nice sunday bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Sanguine(f): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Yeah, Oba Adaniduro University (OAU) of great repute, obviously basking in past glory...
Oba Adaniduro University ...I hail thee!!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
ahkenaten: why tag me?? i no wan join discussion i came to pull my brothers out of this meaningless thread.. grin grin i dont personally like oau..for personal reasons grin grin but i love the bat peppersoup and palmwine grin grin

Ebola virus alert. gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Sayet(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
See beef....Most of them had severally attempted and failed the most standard post jamb in Nigeria,so why wont they beef
I love my OAU. haters go to hell.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Sayet(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ifeconwaba: OVER HYPED SCHOOL

1 OAU IFE thinks the are the best in nigeria’, but i cant see any ground breaking invention the school has performed since it was established compare to great schools like UNN AND UI

2 the students of the school always over hype the the school on every thread that is related to education here on nairaland

3 A School that can not give admission on merit , but is primarily based on selection. why because the management of the school is corrupt

4 OAU students are fond of over hyping the beauty of the school, but my visit to the school last week made to realize that social media hype is not a yardstick the measure the through state of something
Fool!!! do i just hear u say OAU management are corrupt abi u no meet up with the cutoff mark...i was 1mark above the cutoff when i entered my course of choice in OAU and i'm from kogi state. so WTF do u have to say better stick to ur library science or take another utme than lamenting here on NL. i just gave u the advice of ur life. lamenting here doesn't change anything about that great citadel of learning.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sayet: See beef....Most of them had severally attempted and failed the most standard post jamb in Nigeria,so why wont they beef
I love my OAU. haters go to hell.

dumb MUTHAFUCCKEER
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
chigodo: Bros thanks for that question,if you look at my post very well you'll realise that I wasn't saying unilag is better than OAU because non of them meets the world standard of tertiary institutions but my point was that OAU will always hype their school as if its better than the other Nigerian universities,I used to believe this trash till I was posted to OAU for nysc then I saw things for myself and I was very objective about it that was why I gave verifiable examples infact during my stay in EDM faculty in OAU there was a period we didn't have light there for 2 months(in a faculty of a university,such can't happen in unilag and still doesn't make unilag better of),I want you to notice something,unilag students hardly come on forums like this to praise our school because we've travelled a little and we've seen what's obtainable out there so we saw that a lot needs to be done.
Nice sunday bro.

Good bro. I get your point. Yea, we all know there are no standard schools in Nigeria. What I'm saying is, OAU IS STILL THE BEST IN NIGERIA. Any objection?

Criticising OAU on this forum without categorically stating that other Nigerian Unis are worse is what annoys me, it will make it seem OAU is not even worth a University at all. You get?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: why u come tag coded80 among dem He support oau,abi wetin snail wan come do for soup wen den dey call meat.
#lol. No mind me jare.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by emekakelvin(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: nice write-up bro...but u 4got to tell him dat Mr Seun Osewa,the founder of nairaland forum he is using to say what he likes abt oau is also from oau.
gringrin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
^^^

Mtcheew. Frustrated OAU biitches feeling funky on Nairaland.

Una go stay at home tire. undecided undecided Yeye!!

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lolz, i really dont know why Francis detests dis gr8 citadel like dis...

(1): u've never been to Oauife for once,so y d hatred?

(2): itz nat dat u were denied admission there or something

if there r other reasons unknown to us,drop it here... pfttt!!!
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ifyx: Lolz, i really dont know why Francis detests dis gr8 citadel like dis...

(1): u've never been to Oauife for once,so y d hatred?

(2): itz nat dat u were denied admission there or something

if there r other reasons unknown to us,drop it here... pfttt!!!

tongue I am just having fun. cheesy
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by emekakelvin(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2014
FrancisTony: ^^^

Mtcheew. Frustrated OAU biitches feeling funky on Nairaland.

Una go stay at home tire. undecided undecided Yeye!!
Dude be mindful of your word. All the insult/trash you are airing up and down may come to hurt you one day. You never can tell.

I hope you know We are in a small world

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Jos 2009/2010 Admission / Application Is Open For UNIPORT Basic Studies Programme 2012/2013 / University Of Ilorin Zoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.