Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped (7537 Views)

OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student / Professor James Olomo Of OAU-Ife Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

Who is talking about UI here Must you bring UI in the argument Smh
yes,u had once talked about ui admission here,so let the argument continue
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Kunlexic(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
sisiafrika: e pain u wella o. Eya, pele. Sorry. Try ur luck elsewhere. Shitty unilag. Reminds me of lag phase in physics, mtchwwwwwwww
lolz grin grin grin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: truth be told,this guy is making some sense,I did my nysc in faculty of EDM of OAU and I totally agree with this OP,as a unilag graduate I can say without fear or favour that OAU is very biased and sentimental,I remember while I was there they advertised for a job,mehn!...if you see what they were doing with people's CV you'll marvel,if you are not an OAU graduate they don't even look at your credentials(if you doubt me,go and find out how many of their lecturers that didn't do at least their first degree in OAU).
u cant xpect that kind of university to employ half-baked graduate [/quote]I don't know what gives OAU the impression that their products are better than graduates from other schools,[/quote]what gave the impression was that in any competition with others universities,oau could win at least 60% of the whole prize[/quote] in OAU their wifi is passworded and as a result their students are forced to buy what they call 'INTECU' before they can browse but back in the days in unilag, we browse free with our laptops,just enter ur name and matric number that's the password and you start using the internet absolutely free,[/quote]oau is run as a private federal university,dat y oau is different 4m others sch,so u dont expect all tin to be free[/quote] throughout my stay there(in OAU) I didn't see anything that worth all the hype except the noisy fruit bats all the places,no doubt by now most of them will be carriers of the dreaded Ebola virus.[/quote]u are ignorance dat y

1 Like

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
sisiafrika: e pain u wella o. Eya, pele. Sorry. Try ur luck elsewhere. Shitty unilag. Reminds me of lag phase in physics, mtchwwwwwwww

yes............ make sure google grants you CEO position with your OAU degree
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: u cant xpect that kind of university to employ half-baked graduate I don't know what gives OAU the impression that their products are better than graduates from other schools,what gave the impression was that in any competition with others universities,oau could win at least 60% of the whole prize in OAU their wifi is passworded and as a result their students are forced to buy what they call 'INTECU' before they can browse but back in the days in unilag, we browse free with our laptops,just enter ur name and matric number that's the password and you start using the internet absolutely free,oau is run as a private federal university,dat y oau is different 4m others sch,so u dont expect all tin to be free throughout my stay there(in OAU) I didn't see anything that worth all the hype except the noisy fruit bats all the places,no doubt by now most of them will be carriers of the dreaded Ebola virus.u are ignorance dat y

this is the point abi ........... so all other universities churn out half baked grads while OAU produces HARVARD standard grin grin grin grin
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

this is the point abi ........... so all other universities churn out half baked grads while OAU produces HARVARD standard grin grin grin grin
lol,i didn't say so o,i only said oau is 1 of d few universities dat produces quality graduate, and as for harvard,harvard didnt start operation a yr and make it to the top dat yr,they face some challenges b4 making it to d top.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: lol,i didn't say so o,i only said oau is 1 of d few universities dat produces quality graduate, and as for harvard,harvard didnt start operation a yr and make it to the top dat yr,they face some challenges b4 making it to d top.

All Nigerian Universities are MEGA-CRAP, OAU inclusive......................
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

All Nigerian Universities are MEGA-CRAP, OAU inclusive......................
henhen dat is d point. Not dat someone will come here to tell us dat
u.i=with outdate sch facilities
unn=since civil war the sch refuse to progress.
Unilag=olodo student,and sch painted with d same paint throughout d sch
are better than oau
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: henhen dat is d point. Not dat someone will come here to tell us dat
are better than oau

this is stereotyping............ so the CEO of SHELL NIGERIA, a UNILAG GRAD is olodo......... stop the unnecessary hype...............
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

this is stereotyping............ so the CEO of SHELL NIGERIA, a UNILAG GRAD is olodo......... stop the unnecessary hype...............
after him who again? Is he the first ceo of oil company in nigeria?
Is he d 1st nigeria universities graduate to became ceo?
Who told u dat others universities to have alunmi better than him?
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:
OAU breed product of Kerosene background.

THAT MEANS OAU IS A SCHOOL FOR THE LESS PRIVILEGE THAT ARE ACADEMICALLY SOUND.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
500GP: FrancisTony:
OAU breed product of Kerosene background.

THAT MEANS OAU IS A SCHOOL FOR THE LESS PRIVILEGE THAT ARE ACADEMICALLY SOUND.
Oh phuleeeeezeee............... are there no other cheaper UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA??
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: henhen dat is d point. Not dat someone will come here to tell us dat
are better than oau

Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe etc are OAU graduate ba? Mtcheew undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography: Oh phuleeeeezeee............... are there no other cheaper UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA??

YOU CAN LIST THE OTHER UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA THAT ARE CHEAPER.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Dopeyomi(m): 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

Woman wrapper. undecided undecided
no probs..
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
coded80: after him who again? Is he the first ceo of oil company in nigeria?
Is he d 1st nigeria universities graduate to became ceo?
Who told u dat others universities to have alunmi better than him?

OAU is just the average NIGERIAN university with CRAP lecturers and MEGA-CRAP system like every other NIGERIAN university.........

*What ground breaking research has OAU undertaken or unveiled in the past decade

* How many NOBEL laurets or FIELD medalist are faculty members

*How many internationally acclaimed accolades have like the ACM ICPC, IMC have the students won

* How many STATE-OF-THE-ART facilities of science and engineering does the universty posess

.................. OAU is hyped............ its just the average nigerian uni, nothing more.................... accept that
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

UNILAG SCIENCES/MEDICINE_ =N= 14500
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

PASTOR ADEBOYE, FEMI FEMI FALANA ARE ALUMNI OF OAU
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

PASTOR ADEBOYE, FEMI FEMI FALANA ARE ALUMNI OF OAU

This people you listed ain't great in the field of education or course they studied.

They are just a popular celebrity.

Btw, Pst Adeboye started his early schooling in UNN not until Civil War that he left for OAU. So, OAU didn't make him great. undecided
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: truth be told,this guy is making some sense,I did my nysc in faculty of EDM of OAU and I totally agree with this OP,as a unilag graduate I can say without fear or favour that OAU is very biased and sentimental,I remember while I was there they advertised for a job,mehn!...if you see what they were doing with people's CV you'll marvel,if you are not an OAU graduate they don't even look at your credentials(if you doubt me,go and find out how many of their lecturers that didn't do at least their first degree in OAU). I don't know what gives OAU the impression that their products are better than graduates from other schools,in OAU their wifi is passworded and as a result their students are forced to buy what they call 'INTECU' before they can browse but back in the days in unilag, we browse free with our laptops,just enter ur name and matric number that's the password and you start using the internet absolutely free,throughout my stay there(in OAU) I didn't see anything that worth all the hype except the noisy fruit bats all the places,no doubt by now most of them will be carriers of the dreaded Ebola virus.

You guys still don't get why OAU is unique.

Would you make a comparison of your school, UNILAG, and OAU without sentiments? By that, which is better? Be sincere, let us know.

A UNILAG graduate accusing OAU of being corrupt? Interesting! Tell me more. I'm sure you know OAU is a saint when compared to UNILAG.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Dammytrager(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
500GP:

Nuclear bomb dy ur head, Hw much do u tink dy pay in unilag...d highest dy can ever pay is 20k, most federal schs pay less bro.

I tink OAU is still d best as far as Nigeria is concerned cos...
#OAU is leading in terms if ICT
#av u seen OAU structures I'll marvel, though old but still standing
#OAU is a cult free sch
#when it cums to academic excellence its OAU

There are only two Universities in Nigeria
1. OAU
2. Others
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

oga Francis,y u jez dey hate OAU bayi

prolly cuz u havent been dia b4,

dont judge...
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dammytrager: Nuclear bomb dy ur head, Hw much do u tink dy pay in unilag...d highest dy can ever pay is 20k, most federal schs pay less bro.

#av u seen OAU structures I'll marvel, though old but still standing
#OAU is a cult free sch

There are only two Universities in Nigeria
1. OAU
2. Others

OGBENI, FA RA BALE. TI OAU NI MO NSE. YOU GOT ME WRONG
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by s1(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifeconwaba: OVER HYPED SCHOOL

1 OAU IFE thinks the are the best in nigeria’, but i cant see any ground breaking invention the school has performed since it was established compare to great schools like UNN AND UI

2 the students of the school always over hype the the school on every thread that is related to education here on nairaland

3 A School that can not give admission on merit , but is primarily based on selection. why because the management of the school is corrupt

4 OAU students are fond of over hyping the beauty of the school, but my visit to the school last week made to realize that social media hype is not a yardstick the measure the through state of something
I can smell frustration, but it's not too late you can still register for another jamb.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by jaryeh(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography: Oh phuleeeeezeee............... are there no other cheaper UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA??
OAU used to be the cheapest until the recent astronomical hike in fees. The increment, as we heard, is from FG, so other schools will increase theirs soon. That's why we are saying no to the inhumane increment. The increment has made OAU fees the highest among federal Universities in the South-West currently, I don't know about other parts of the country.
If this increment stands, other Universities shouldn't expect anything less in some semesters' time.
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by 500GP: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
FrancisTony:

This people you listed ain't great in the field of education or course they studied.

They are just a popular celebrity.

Btw, Pst Adeboye started his early schooling in UNN not until Civil War that he left for OAU. So, OAU didn't make him great. undecided

YOU LISTED SOYINKA, ACHEBE AS PRODUCTS OF UI. AND I LISTED ADEBOYE, FALANA HAS PRODUCT OF OAU. WHICH IMPLIES THAT OAU HAS ALSO PRODUCED GREAT PEOPLE.

SO UNN MADE ADEBOYE GREAT? THIS GUY IS FUNNY
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Ifyx(m): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
chigodo: truth be told,this guy is making some sense,I did my nysc in faculty of EDM of OAU and I totally agree with this OP,as a unilag graduate I can say without fear or favour that OAU is very biased and sentimental,I remember while I was there they advertised for a job,mehn!...if you see what they were doing with people's CV you'll marvel,if you are not an OAU graduate they don't even look at your credentials(if you doubt me,go and find out how many of their lecturers that didn't do at least their first degree in OAU). I don't know what gives OAU the impression that their products are better than graduates from other schools,in OAU their wifi is passworded and as a result their students are forced to buy what they call 'INTECU' before they can browse but back in the days in unilag, we browse free with our laptops,just enter ur name and matric number that's the password and you start using the internet absolutely free,throughout my stay there(in OAU) I didn't see anything that worth all the hype except the noisy fruit bats all the places,no doubt by now most of them will be carriers of the dreaded Ebola virus.
we'r simply d best,dnt u gerrit.
give me a reason y those schools who give out free internet thingy,do not lead in webometric ranking
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dammytrager: Nuclear bomb dy ur head, Hw much do u tink dy pay in unilag...d highest dy can ever pay is 20k, most federal schs pay less bro.

Oh Really?......What groundbreaking software has the school produced?

How many algorithimic/programming contests has the university won? with the ICT
#av u seen OAU structures I'll though old but still standing
how many if these structures have working basic facilities like fully functioning AC'S, central liaised microphones etc
#OAU is a cult free sch
TALES BY MOONLIGHT
see my other post

Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
jaryeh:
OAU used to be the cheapest until the recent astronomical hike in fees. The increment, as we heard, is from FG, so other schools will increase theirs soon. That's why we are saying no to the inhumane increment. The increment has made OAU fees the highest among federal Universities in the South-West currently, I don't know about other parts of the country.
If this increment stands, other Universities shouldn't expect anything less in some semesters' time.

my pals paid 10,500 in lag 2 yrs back......... my FUTO guys paid 9,850............" most " FEDERAL varsities are low cost.........
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: oga Francis

Dr. Ifyx
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
cryptography:

OAU is just the average NIGERIAN university with CRAP lecturers and MEGA-CRAP system like every other NIGERIAN university.........

*What ground breaking research has OAU undertaken or unveiled in the past decade

* How many NOBEL laurets or FIELD medalist are faculty members

*How many internationally acclaimed accolades have like the ACM ICPC, IMC have the students won

* How many STATE-OF-THE-ART facilities of science and engineering does the universty posess

.................. OAU is hyped............ its just the average nigerian uni, nothing more.................... accept that
are u telling me dat unilag is better than oau?i stay in ilaje area of bariga[very close to unilag] since birth,so count me out of those u will be fooling about unilag,
relate all dis questions to unilag and answer it
Re: I Think Oau Ife Is Over Hyped by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ifyx: we'r simply d best,dnt u gerrit.
give me a reason y those schools who give out free internet thingy,do not lead in webometric ranking

WEBOMETRIC is based on traffic......... you don't expect students to do nothing but visit their school portal............ be PRAGMATIC!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Strike: Universities' Workers Are Unfair To Nigerian Students- Hardeysolution / JAMB: Airtel Subscribers Unable To Check Their UTME Results / Osun State University Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.