Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (30724 Views)

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters / Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ask1: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by vanndubi: 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
FG, na nau day break? Lack of proactiveness. These equipment should have been in 2013 budget.

All the same, good morning!
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by flyingdutchman(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
Thanks for educating me. I've learnt something new today. Cheers!
overhypedsteve: it has to be announced, the int'l system have several laws and charters for defence aquisition, its easier to be quiet when you re buying from the black market, not when you re buying from a sovereign political entity represented in the int'l system

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by koredey(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nobody seem to blve whatever FG is bringing to d desk anymore, @ the end no Helicopter will be bought/hired, top official will keep all d cash released by FG for dese helicopters .. Even if dey bring dis helicopters in , mentainance is another big issue that's if one senator didn't even sell dem to liberia or libya later.. Foolish pple

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Since Nigeria isn't a rogue state, it can't be done in secrecy. I can give you a list of all the defense contracts signed this year by different countries, and that shows that particular charter binding for all member states.

Nah, get homoeroticism off my posts - I don't suffer fishsticks gladly. undecided

I think it's time for your favorite TV series

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ba7man(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
Nobleval: your Uncle Sam is not an honest state. I woulda preferred Russian,German,French,Chinese,British...make
Remove Russia and China from that list.
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin

My Good People of Nland, please help me advance to the next round of this UN Youth Competition by voting for my project here https://www.youth-competition.org/groups/entrepreneurship-competition-2013/contests/2/1269
Thank you all in advance and God bless you. kiss grin
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
Why can't dey include d purchase of fighter jets in dia shopping list ehn, helicopters are prone 2 rpg attacks, wif fighter jets u save manpower time and energy, jst bombard d sects from air EOD.
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ujoinme: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
The US Marine Corps have recently issued a photo release with the two images accompanying this article. The brief description of them was as follows:-

Members of the Nigerian Navy board a U.S. Marine Corps HH-46E for a search and rescue flight demonstration during a visit Feb. 4 with Naval Air Systems Command's Specialized and Proven Aircraft Program Office (PMA-226) based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, N.C. Nigerian Navy officials are investigating possible purchase of the H-46 and the H-2 helicopters.
http://helihub.com/2014/03/21/nigeria-considers-purchase-of-h-46-and-h-2-helicopters/

boko haram in trouble

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ask1: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2014

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by DTruSon(m): 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
WombRaiders:

They should go for the Hind. It is a gunship, transporter and all out attack helicopter

That's Mi-35 Russian-made, all weather, day- night attack and transport helicopter gun-ship. wielding 12.7mm caliber ammo. That's a beast right there!

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Leibnitz: 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Handing these Helicopters to Dasuki and Gasau will be very... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
ba7man: Remove Russia and China from that list.
Why? Because your Western masters told you that they are the bad guys?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Damsman10(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
they shouldn't have let us know most of these information because even the terrorists are not so dull and they won't tell us when dey start buying BANZOOKAS that dey will use against the helicopters... dats my bit.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ujoinme: 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
prettyboi1989: Why can't dey include d purchase of fighter jets in dia shopping list ehn, helicopters are prone 2 rpg attacks, wif fighter jets u save manpower time and energy, jst bombard d sects from air EOD.

Besides the primary role of engaging targets on the ground, such as enemy infantry and armored vehicles, attack helicopters provide direct and accurate close air support for ground troops and also used to supplement lighter helicopters in the armed scout role. the fighter jets are not suitable in this kind of support roles.
The transport helicopters will help deliver operational equipment and most especially the troops/special forces in rapid manner to combat zones.

these acquisitions will be a game changer in BH insurgency. issues surrounding lack of fast response to BH attack will be eliminated as troops and operational assets will be deployed in a timely manner to respond to BH attacks. Nigerian troops will also have and advantage of engaging the enemy both on ground an from the air.

It will also aid intelligence gathering on BH activity.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by overhypedsteve(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
ichidodo: Politics is all about leverage and just like Patrice Lumumba of Congo we can as well face the east for heavy military assets procurement.Right now, Russia and China have a production glut with most inventories variants of American flagship or model weaponry.We could work with these guys instead......Our military is corrupt, lazy and just not proactive enough....
i beg to differ sir, politics isnt all about leverage, diplomacy is all about leverage
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by bloodykiller: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: Shut the fucck up!!
my concubine you don start abi?

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
dis is country is gradually going to war.....
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by BrokenTV: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
Berem your husband need to give you a break from the internet, it is affecting your thinking cap badly, especially Nairaland .
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by ichidodo: 2:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: i beg to differ sir, politics isnt all about leverage, diplomacy is all about leverage
My bad but It still applies to the point i made....

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by baba11(m): 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
One thing is to deployed them for immediate operational use,another thing is to make effective use of them!!!
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Oboy this your proposal na die. If all these machines you listed here go north east and sambisa go sing chorus, hmm! Body go tell them. Only Do! Re! Mi! Shekau go shit for pant and surrender. Me sef go join if all these are on ground. I go front sambisa gladly. I see isrealis bombing and laughing while eating burgger, I was like. War sweet oh! I never thought of what it would look like being on the reciving end. With all these on ground, who is bokoharam? Boko gini?
mascot87: I wish the FG could order the following : AIM-7 Sparrow, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-120 AMRAAM, AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-88 HARM, AGM-158 JASSM, AGM-114 Hellfire, FGM-148 Javelin, BGM-71 TOW, BGM-109 Tomahawk, RGM-84 Harpoon, RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, RIM-66 Standard, FIM-92 Stinger, RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, RIM-161 Standard Missile 3, RIM-174 Standard ERAM & UGM-133 Trident II. With all this weapons,we would not only be d heartbeat of Africa weaponry, we will also be the African United state of America. Boko wetin? Them no born them well
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by SiriusBlack: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
mascot87: I wish the FG could order the following : AIM-7 Sparrow, AIM-9 Sidewinder, AIM-120 AMRAAM, AGM-65 Maverick, AGM-88 HARM, AGM-158 JASSM, AGM-114 Hellfire, FGM-148 Javelin, BGM-71 TOW, BGM-109 Tomahawk, RGM-84 Harpoon, RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, RIM-66 Standard, FIM-92 Stinger, RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile, RIM-161 Standard Missile 3, RIM-174 Standard ERAM & UGM-133 Trident II. With all this weapons,we would not only be d heartbeat of Africa weaponry, we will also be the African United state of America. Boko wetin? Them no born them well
hmm...peeps forming Defence analyst....SMH...all the missiles you listed are Air-to-air missiles...Trident? Nawa o.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by jookco(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
Akpaife: Boko harm in trouble grin
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
Boko haram have long been operating frm sambisa forest,y now is d military saying dey need one voice frm nigerians 2 go in2 sambisa forest 2 rescue d girls,dey could hav gone in long b4 d girls were camped,not discreding ur efforts doh,bt am sure sumday sumtime soon we will all celebrate d victory over terrorism,corruption in high places dat have lead us 2 dis level of insecurity,God bless naija,beta days ahead
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by obidaddy: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
ba7man: They'll still need to apply intelligence and advanced surveillance to effectively deploy whatever gunships they've just purchased.

They should remember how rag-tag Afghanistan fighters won the Almighty USSR using just rocket lauchers to shoot down their most sophisticated gunships in the late 70's war between them.

You'll be suprised how effective a $200 launch tube and a $100 rocket can be against attack helicopters costing a million times more.

Very true bro, the taliban also waylaid some U.S navy seals and shut down the mighty chinook helicopter that came for they rescue using one single RPG shot.
Even the most sophisticated and lethal Apache was shoot down in Iraqi during gulf war II with others barely making it back to base.
Sophisticated weapons are useless where solid Intel n surveillance is poor.
The key to wholesome victory is robust Intel n pin point surgical assault
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Oluwapresley(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
U are a suspect. How can only u av all this military artilery in ur head?
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by dokunbam(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Mean while Boko Haram has taken possession of anti aircraft missiles to up their attacks undecided
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by revelationuche: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by otalenu(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2014

He just said the real fact.
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by sokera: 3:31pm On Jul 26, 2014
i cant believe this, Nigeria Military dont have all these things before now, please let us stop deceiving ourselves as giant of Africa, we dare not engage in any external war with any country ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Remands Dasuki In Kuje Prison / Agba Jalingo Finally Released From Detention (Video) / El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.