Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia (30737 Views)

Military Takes Delivery Of Attack Helicopters / Nigeria Buys Helicopters From Russia / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Jakumo(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Honorable Sensei sir, after you get done neutralizing a few more combatants in the Dojo with that trademark economy of motion, please let us know WHICH make and model attack helicopters are on Johnny B. Good's shopping list of US-made gunships to be acquired by the Nigerian military for aerial virgin-hunter cleanup duties at the war-front.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 26, 2014
how much are they spending and what types of helicopters.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by manck: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2014
grin sad
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by omenka(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2014
CoolHunk: Belated...
...But absolutely necessary.

Hope they won't use them to be conveying politicians and VIPs to burials and other such occasions though.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Jakumo(m): 11:46am On Jul 26, 2014
manck: grin sad

Sheikh El Musiwa I like that film loop of the helicopter door gunner that you posted. It puts the viewer in the driver's seat, for a nice aerial view of some hellacious strafing action on that vehicular convoy below. That would be good treatment for the Boko Haram convoys running about in northern Nigeria for sure.

You are full of intelligent surprises, El Musiwa, yet stark raving mad as a hatter, and proud of it.

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2014
omenka: ...But absolutely necessary.

Hope they won't use them to be conveying politicians and VIPs to burials and other such occasions though.

I have a close connection with the aviation sector and have had the privilege to fly on Air Force Dorniers. Flying on gunships is ruled out to civilians.

Besides our VIPs are scared to death of choppers. Most of them will rather walk than fly in a chopper grin grin grin
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Leibnitz: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2014
So Putin and his lobbyist have succeed in their bid cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by EasternLeopard: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Until I see a news video , I won't believe.
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2014
According to the UN charter, all defence contracts for heavy weapons must be made public.

And I just checked the website for military helicopter news, and this news isn't there. This is the website: http://helihub.com/tag/news+military/

So, the question is: have they signed the contract, or is it still a proposal?

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: According to the UN charter, all defence contracts for heavy weapons must be made public.

And I just checked the website for military helicopter news, and this news isn't there. This is the website: http://helihub.com/tag/news+military/

Go and tell Kim Jung that sh1t

8 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Jakumo(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: According to the UN charter, all defence contracts for heavy weapons must be made public.

That was some fast detective work. Could this report be a hoax ?

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Leibnitz: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
ratiken:

With the way you gloat over evil happenings and our security challenges. I can comfortably say you are an enemy of this country.
I hope this is not you in real life?
Allow her be oo, her e-boyfriend Myn**4 will soon land a sledge hammer on your monicker as he did to Decibel™ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2014

from some military sources, I heard that the order was made months ago, receipt of the gunships started a few weeks back, that's why its making the news, COAS and CAS both mentioned new acquisitions in recent press conferences without specifying, check beegeagle's blog
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
SenseiX:
from some military sources, I heard that the order was made months ago, receipt of the gunships started a few weeks back, that's why its making the news, COAS and CAS both mentioned new acquisitions in recent press conferences without specifying, check beegeagle's blog

Ignore shymex, there is no charter mandating a declaration on any specific military acquisition.

8 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Jakumo:

That was some fast detective work. Could this report be a hoax ?

I don't think it's a hoax. However, I doubt it's a new deal.

The delivery time-frame is between August and December 2014, and that makes the whole thing somewhat suspicious.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by adek2014: 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
New development, I pray it work...
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

I don't think it's a hoax. However, I doubt it's a new deal.

The delivery time-frame is between August and December 2014, and that makes the whole thing somewhat suspicious.

You just churned out the biggest pile of sh1t on this thread with that non-existing charter you pulled up out of your dung hole and now you are getting suspicious that the Nigeria Air Force is actually about to take delivery of combat choppers.

What in God's name are you insinuating?

7 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
SenseiX:

I just checked beegeagle's blog and it's apparently a new deal, with deliveries to commence from August to December 2014. Obviously, the time-frame for the delivery doesn't sound real, since military aircraft for export take months to build. Unless they're buying refurbished ones.

Anyway, I'm just trying to check what aircraft they're getting. Hopefully, it isn't the Mil Mi-35 they have now. The Mil Mi-28 is a better option.

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Obviously, the time-frame for the delivery doesn't sound real,

And what made you assume that the delivery time is unrealistic?

Do you know exactly when negotiations began for procurement?

If you even knew anything about military hardware procurement you will know that Air Force pilots and engineers will have began training on the choppers.

Next time think before you post here

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by 4Play(m): 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2014

Just check out this vapid ignoramus. What UN Charter are you talking about?

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
4Play:

Help me ask that subway staff abeg grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Jakumo(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

I just checked beegeagle's blog and it's apparently a new deal, with deliveries to commence from August to December 2014. Obviously, the time-frame for the delivery doesn't sound real, since military aircraft for export take months to build. Unless they're buying refurbished ones.

Anyway, I'm just trying to check what aircraft they're getting. Hopefully, it isn't the Mil Mi-35 they have now. The Mil Mi-28 is a better option.

Yeeeeeeehawww ! Sho y'right. Uncle Sam is stepping up to the plate.

Thank you Uncle Sam. Thank you. It is about time the battle front skies play host to some US made birds of prey.

3 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
4Play:

Loutish pseud - I see you want another round of ar.se-whooping today since it seems you found your voice after the long hiatus induced by the muay thai kick I gave you a few months ago, you insolent little boy.

No time for time-wasters, today. Sod off and go do fore-play on yourself, flaming phaggot. undecided

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by command01(f): 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
silly and slow government.. na now dem just dey know
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Liamm(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
LaurelP: Call me when dis topic makes front page

I dey come make I eat
it's on frontpage already. Waiting for your wise contribution grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx:

Loutish pseud - I see you want another round of ar.se-whooping today since it seems you found your voice after the long hiatus induced by the muay thai kick I gave you a few months ago, you insolent little boy.

No time for time-wasters, today. Sod off and go do fore-play on yourself, flaming phaggot. undecided

Please post the actual UN article and back it up with a valid link or take down that nonsense you wrote here.

9 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by kobonaire(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
shymexx: Which ones are they getting? They need to put the names out there.
Nothing but the latest and the greatest bro....Katako Special Edition
BH be burnin in Sambisa soon

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by glosali(f): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
They really need to be tackled.. www.glowysofiscated..com ..its getting too much
Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by hensben(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
LaurelP: Call me when dis topic makes front page

I dey come make I eat
it sucks to be you mehn!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by signz: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Jakumo: Those of you armchair defense analysts, who swore up and down that Uncle Sam would never sell aircraft to Nigerian President Johnny B. Goode, have today been proven wrong. Hang your heads in shame and read on for details of the penalties that now apply to you.

As your lenient punishment for having the audacity to doubt Johnny B. Goode's ability to DELIVER the goods, you are all hereby commanded to post Youtube videos of each of you eating raw snails soaked in their own slime, while repeating the following phrase over and over again : [size=16pt]" Johnny is da Man. Johnny is da MAN ! Johnny is DA MAN !"[/size]

After several hours of that repentance exercise, you must FAST for a further week, drinking only cow piss for sustenance, to complete the atonement process.

cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Orders 40 Attack Helicopters From US, Russia by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
WombRaiders:

Please post the actual UN article and back it up with a valid link or take down that nonsense you wrote here.

Go check the Article 26 of the UN Charter.

Also, Nigeria is also part of the member countries that ratified The Arms Trade Treaty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Agba Jalingo Finally Released From Detention (Video) / Buhari: How Obasanjo Diabolically Double-crossed APC Chieftain, Bisi Akande / "We Brought Down Crashed Helicopter' - Bandits Claim Responsibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.