Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) - Family (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) (637919 Views)

10 Myths About Introverts / Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / 5 Things Every Extrovert Should Know About Introverts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (300) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by 4kings: 7:22am On Aug 04, 2016
Aisha800:
. I share in that feeling too
Same here.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chukzii(m): 7:53am On Aug 04, 2016
I can relate to most things said here, same issues meeting a stranger, esp grls. Not that I can't b funny o, jst that u have to be a good talker to see that part. Dont contribute during meetings but when I'm alone, ideas jst fill my brain. I've heard girls say he's good looking (no b say I fine o), nice body, but too quiet. Some of my friends have told me to make more noise, or even fight nd I'm like ah, 4 gini?. Soo addicted to football manager on my lapi, its affecting me academically, though learning to control my urge. Though with my close friends I can argue eh, u won't believe he's dat shy introvert

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by kikayboss(m): 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2016
Chukzii:
I can relate to most things said here, same issues meeting a stranger, esp grls. Not that I can't b funny o, jst that u have to be a good talker to see that part. Dont contribute during meetings but when I'm alone, ideas jst fill my brain. I've heard girls say he's good looking (no b say I fine o), nice body, but too quiet. Some of my friends have told me to make more noise, or even fight nd I'm like ah, 4 gini?. Soo addicted to football manager on my lapi, its affecting me academically, though learning to control my urge. Though with my close friends I can argue eh, u won't believe he's dat shy introvert
lol...same bro....am an entirely different person when I'm with my guy...na me dey talk pass.. ...but when my friends are walking with a girl/girls I'll I'll just be at their back silently following like a puppy.....my friends be giving me signs to join in their convo but they don't know how hard it is sometimes....

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2016
bfn1:
Peeps, so yesterday, I got an 'unavoidable' memo from the HR manager that I'll be handling a session in one of our monthly meetings next week Monday. As in, I'll stand in front of a sizable audience to conduct them for 15 long minutes! angry
I've been avoiding that for years, but they caught me yesterday. sad

Anyway, rehearsals have begun. cool
how was the HR,?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Sweetcandydiss: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello, please can you spare me a minute out of your time.

Today marks the end of the Mr Nairaland contest, that is today is the Grand finale and we are TeamPHOTOSHOOT needs your vote today.

How to vote:

Go to: https://www.nairaland.com/3271417/mr-nairaland-2016-grand-finale#48227310

Then copy the coloured and paste in the link above:

I vote photoshoot cc NLJega

There you have it you have also joined in making a difference. TeamPhotoshoot says thank you.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Guys, today is the finals for the Mr NL contest, hope you guys come out and show support like you've done since the beginning of the contest smiley..

Cc Olarewajub
Krasid
May01
Tenison96
Tuham
Sike
luvablesam
Amazingg
mrwonlasewonie
Sard
JhyMedex
allytinted
hottest111
chriskosherbal
Destined2win
Opistorincos
And other Intros around
Just type "I vote for Vizkiz Cc NLJega"

Thanks a lot smiley

***modified***

The voting link is open

www.nairaland.com/3271417/mr-nairaland-2016-grand-finale/2

Thanks for your support. wink

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
....Never knew this lounge existed. Registering here undecided

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
Aisha800:
people are always complaining, they don't understand y I love staying indoor.i always tell them am happier that way. sometimes I want to step out, go and see the world just move around atleast spent seven lecture free hour outside still haven't succeded in doing that.
my family members have resigned, they have tried still didn't work.
am quiet, and somepeople just love taking advantage of that fact. I hate being close to people because if I become close to them icant tell them to their face how annoying they are
it happens to me too,

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bukiii(f): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
drippingink3:

Good to know that we the guys aren't the only one. It is comforting.
. When try force myself to look straight into their eye I ends up will with this silly laughter and the person will be like what's funny ? I will just carry my embarrassed self comot
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 5:45am On Aug 07, 2016
ennyhola:
how was the HR,?

Yeah, the session went fine. Definitely not my comfort zone, but I sailed through grin

Thanks bro.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
bfn1:

Yeah, the session went fine. Definitely not my comfort zone, but I sailed through grin

Thanks bro.

Hey Happy Sunday!!

Did something similar to day in church and one thing have come to realize is that it keeps getting better everyday.
Be desirous to have this kind of opportunity soon and remember to be always grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
Chukzii:

So you have issues meeting with new people or initiating a conversation and interacting with the opposite sex which majority of the introverts here can relate to. But the question is what are you doing to curtail this, i mean to be able to express yourself in the real world?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
bukiii:
. When try force myself to look straight into their eye I ends up will with this silly laughter and the person will be like what's funny ? I will just carry my embarrassed self comot

You don't really have to feel bad about it. In our contemporary society everybody is expected to act as an introvert.. Just keep practicing eye contact even though it might seem weird at first.Things will eventually get into place with time.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hey Guys!!!

Happy to announce we're still on the eye contact challenge.

Keep sharing your experiences and challenges.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hello gloryisaac

Sorry your candidate did not clinge the first position, i beiieve he his a winner.

Nice one, you really tried on the campaign thingy.

will you like to get in to politics, if not now maybe in the future?
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
drippingink3:
Hey! Finally read all the posts.

When I saw this topic and read through the posts I felt at home and it remind of a verse in the bible that says there is nothing new under the sun.

It is encouraging to know that there are people out there who are facing the same challenges as you and are conquering it.

By the way, how do you know a fellow introvert when you see one?

First of all you're welcome to the lounge.

Nice question you've got. I think the way to discover a fellow introvert is to see some one who behaves just like you do like being conservative.
it's actually not difficult. For you to do this you must be conversant with all the types of temperament.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
Olarewajub:
Hello gloryisaac

Sorry your candidate did not clinge the first position, i beiieve he his a winner.

Nice one, you really tried on the campaign thingy.

will you like to get in to politics, if not now maybe in the future?

Well, thanks a lot for your support, and other Intros who also supported him, i'm really grateful smiley , But i doubt if i'm ever gonn' do this again, its quite stressful you know... The experience is invaluable though, and its one i wont forget. Thanks Guys smiley

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Chukzii(m): 12:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Olarewajub:

So you have issues meeting with new people or initiating a conversation and interacting with the opposite sex which majority of the introverts here can relate to. But the question is what are you doing to curtail this, i mean to be able to express yourself in the real world?
because most of my problems was that I'm always thinking of the negative things people will say when I make comments in a group or among the opposite sex, I've got to understand that people are actually interested in what I hv to say and no one will beat me for saying something they don't agree with. I tell myself, calm down, think and let your mouth move

2 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by bfn1: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Olarewajub:

Hey Happy Sunday!!

Did something similar to day in church and one thing have come to realize is that it keeps getting better everyday.
Be desirous to have this kind of opportunity soon and remember to be always grateful.

Thanks bro! I'll keep trying grin

And I agree with you; every 'opportunity' to speak gives you a trail of experience that you can always consolidate on for future events.

The earlier introverts come to terms with this learning curve; the better.

Someday, or some how, the call to address a larger audience would start coming more out of necessity than persuasion.

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Florblu(f): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2016
I just found this, welcome me!

I dunno why u choose to be an introvert cos I seems to be depriving myself of somethings yet I still enjoy being an introvert because it has earned me lotta respect and saved me from embarrassment.
I have been to two different higher institutions yet I don't have a friend I can boast of.Though people who are closer to me (my nuclear family)would call me an extrovert cos I tends to talk more when I am at home.
I am not shy neither outspoken. I have faced a crowd more than 20 people and I did wonderfully well but I find it difficult to initiate a conversation. I am a good lover.But making friends and keeping friends is my problem.

3 Likes

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Am back
Cc: Olarewajub Gloryisaac

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Olarewajub: 11:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
okikiosibodu:
Am back
Cc: Olarewajub Gloryisaac

Welcome home.

What is actually on ground is that we're doing a challenge were every introvert here is expected to practice the act of making eye contact when conversing with others

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by okikiosibodu(m): 12:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Olarewajub:

Welcome home.

What is actually on ground is that we're doing a challenge were every introvert here is expected to practice the act of making eye contact when conversing with others

Wow!!! Theoretically, I can do it. But technically, I can't. I maintain eye contacts with my pals when talking. But if its with a stranger especially the opposite sex, I will rather look around or avoid eye contact, 'cause my heart will be skipping, or I start to utter mumbo-jumbo. Any trick to this?
I actually need to take time to catch up on all I have missed...that could take days
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Aremu01(m): 6:45am On Aug 09, 2016
Many people will think you are proud cos you keep to yourself a lot. What they don't know is that you find it naturally difficult to flow with people...
Tiz a cross!
Morning Fellow Introvertz

1 Like

Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 09, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2016
kevinberry:
Hmmm
Hi
Good morning
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Hi
Good morning
morning rukky,how was your night
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Rukkydelta(f): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
kevinberry:
morning rukky,how was your night
It was fine
Are you an introvert ? sad
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
Rukkydelta:
It was fine
Are you an introvert ? sad
yes
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Akposb(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
Maintaining an eye contact shouldn't be a problem especially when you are confident even as an introvert.
I make an effort to make eye contact once I am conversing though not all through it. I had such experience today though the person is a friend. I like taking up this challenge even when meeting somebody for the first time as it projects confidence and I don't think there is anybody that don't like a confident person.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Ameboperoo(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Aremu01:
Many people will think you are proud cos you keep to yourself a lot. What they don't know is that you find it naturally difficult to flow with people...
Tiz a cross!
Morning Fellow Introvertz
Same with me. In my place of work, people used to complain that I don't respond well when they greet me. But after saying good morning, I don't know what else to say and they took it for pride in me.
Thank God, I now flow along with some after many months. It was then that they told me.
Re: Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) by Aremu01(m): 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ameboperoo:

Same with me. In my place of work, people used to complain that I don't respond well when they greet me. But after saying good morning, I don't know what else to say and they took it for pride in me.
Thank God, I now flow along with some after many months. It was then that they told me.
It's good m not the only one that feels that way. What they don't know is that silently we are dying to be close n as open as possibly, but that's just not how we were wired
Tiz well...
Gotta make with it

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (300) (Reply)

The Family Section Fun Room!! / House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

Viewing this topic: Kobojunkie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.