Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45476 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:17am On Jul 27, 2014
eluquenson: Biafran war victims looked so weird

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Rapmoney:

You are nothing but a compound fool! It is people like you that fan the embers of war...in real life, you would run when you hear the sound of gun. Come to the Niger Delta, beast!

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
famous143: Say No to war!! , let's embrace peace, for a better naija

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:22am On Jul 27, 2014
scanp: u lack wisdom...... Think b4 u comment... Hw many war hv u fight

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Segirl18:

U are even d one beating the war drums louder and louder with ur tribalistic statement.... Ah ah oga, tha person spoke generally now and nt on one side, dnt u tink u r taking it too personal and igbolicious, dearest IGBOSON?

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:23am On Jul 27, 2014
abrajways: I don't wanna tell my children what my father told me about the civil war.. the fact is Igbo shouldn't agitate for war cos they're not close to home... I swear down 3millions Igbo can't make it out a Lagos alive... I don't want to loose chidinma my Angel.. .

War is not pretty.

Bobbyjay001: RI
Watching Aljazeera now. My heart bleeds seeing palestines (Gaza) been killed and maimed by Isreali soldiers.
I cant imagine Nigeria in this siege.
What really caused all these? ...a question begging for an answer.

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:24am On Jul 27, 2014
JACKOFALTRADE: Can't stand the thought of my children being a Nigerian. . .

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:24am On Jul 27, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
You are getting it wrong. I know you just want to pass a msg to every tribe. That's good. But there are two particular tribes spitting war words. I don't know what their problem is. Maybe its lack of credible leaders. Any small thing, they make noise about things related to going to war.
Asari Dokubo keeps warning the north about war if the south-south is touched while the north keeps giving Nigeria problems. The north created poverty for themselves, they always give Nigeria headaches with religious/ethnic riots. Now, it's terrorism. Whether terrorism was planted in the north to destabilise them is another debate. But their region is always having problem. Like say them curse them!
It's only the west & the south east that behaves in a peaceful way.

Last Bullet
Op, tell your story to the north & Asari Dokubo

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:28am On Jul 27, 2014
tsolz84: Go home son;you are drunk..

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:28am On Jul 27, 2014
ichidodo: Instead of pointing fingers,why don't you look at yourself,your intolerant religion and ideaology.The lust to dominate and subjugate southerners is a very strong emotion in every northern muslim and so you seek power not for the betterment of your fellow countrymen but for the pleasure of enforcing the mantra "born to rule" instituting by your Oligarchs.Now,where is the justice?!.....This is should be the tipping point that will eventual plunge Nigeria into the precipice,luckily,igbos now have the advantage as they say once bitten twice shy.... We just wonder how the north will fare in a landlocked situation riddled with internal religious strife..

War is not pretty.

Isaacdom: Hmm!!! I pray we won't experience war o! My father was narating his experience during d war and i was shivering. Situations whereby humanbeing meat was boiled for food. It was really terrible

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:29am On Jul 27, 2014
JustCalMeDBoss: For GLORIES sake, For VENGANCE SAKE, FOR EQUALITY SAKE.....WAR WAR WAR WAR..WAR.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:31am On Jul 27, 2014
Rapmoney:

You are just as senseless as your post!

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: Then who introduced tribalism into our political space

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2014
rattlesnake: u think evil people think?

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:34am On Jul 27, 2014
duni04: At the end of the day we're all different from each other in one way or the other. Fighting for tribal, national or racial superiority is just absurd and ridiculous and the effects of conflicts that arise from such are not worth the initial animosity.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2014
goldfish80: The internet seems to attract the worst type of people and bring out the worst traits in otherwise good people especially from the oil drinking tribe. When the time comes we will know which group will blink first.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You lack manner, when you ask a question wait to get an answer before you jump into conclusion.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:40am On Jul 27, 2014
mytym1: WAR? no no no not in Nigeria again

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:16am On Jul 27, 2014
SimplySEA: any challenge dialogue can not solve, can not be solved by war either. Because even after the the war, both parties still have to sit on that dialogue table. The diff by then would be heavy casualty and destruction from both sides....! #SayNoToWarAndYesToPeace.
I'm sorry you don't understand international relations. War is a means of resolving issues that have defied peaceful resolution. Let's not go too far, if the militants in the Niger Delta had not taken up arms, no deliberation would have led to the creation of the Ministry of Niger Delta.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:19am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

You've made a point, but stop using the same comment in your quoting. It is spamming and makes it look uninteresting.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by sheelay(m): 4:22am On Jul 27, 2014
In peace, Children bury their parents, while in war, parents bury their children. It's only a foolish man that'd choose war to peace...... The Biafran war is a typical example...... Decades later, scars r yet to heal..... In war, there r no victims or vanquished...... Both sides have a price to pay..... The least being the loss of identity...... Think hard n long...... Syria is a typical example...... Palestine/Israel isn't a joy to behold! Irrespective of what's going on in the country, peaceful resolution is the best way forward!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:30am On Jul 27, 2014
oluwafestus: . Insult nt intended but I just wish u stop dis ranting and asked older pple that witness the civil war how the experience was. Pray u don't see war.
I just wish you ask those old people too, (1) if the the Biafran/Nigerian War had not been fought whether Gowon would have succeeded in stoping Ojukwu from seceding. (2) If the Niger Deltan militants had not fought whether any round table discussion would have led to the marshall plan there.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by nagoma(m): 4:35am On Jul 27, 2014
frankben: so if i were to be your grandpa which i'm sure capable of, you'd talk to me in this manner huh?

If you are this irresponsible, why not? Qualification for respect is measured by character and performance and not by age.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Chynx(m): 4:35am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
You've made a point, but stop using the same comment in your quoting. It is spamming and makes it look uninteresting.

This is interesting to you?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by sheelay(m): 4:38am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I just wish you ask those old people too, (1) if the the Biafran/Nigerian War had not been fought whether Gowon would have succeeded in stoping Ojukwu from seceding. (2) If the Niger Deltan militants had not fought whether any round table discussion would have led to the marshall plan there.
As for the Biafran war, both parties were at fault, a little patience more, and a peaceful resolution would have been reached.... It's d common man that suffers the brunt of war, like I said, , no victims nor vanquished..... It still forms the basis of the regional hatred we r witnessing till date.....
As for the Niger Deltans..... That's not war....... It's a child's play compared to war..... U r probably miles away watching on TV, in real war, u won't be afforded that luxury...... U live every minute with the fear of the unknown......
We all just keep pointing fingers to the other man, but in reality, aside from the ruling class enjoying our money, hunger doesn't discriminate tribal affiliations..... We all are suffering!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jul 27, 2014
If war should bring about the division of Nigeria, then so be it. I know a particular ethnic group whom cowardice is their middle name. Na dem go suffer am pass grin grin
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:58am On Jul 27, 2014
sheelay:
As for the Biafran war, both parties were at fault, a little patience more, and a peaceful resolution would have been reached.... It's d common man that suffers the brunt of war, like I said, , no victims nor vanquished..... It still forms the basis of the regional hatred we r witnessing till date.....
As for the Niger Deltans..... That's not war....... It's a child's play compared to war..... U r probably miles away watching on TV, in real war, u won't be afforded that luxury...... U live every minute with the fear of the unknown......
We all just keep pointing fingers to the other man, but in reality, aside from the ruling class enjoying our money, hunger doesn't discriminate tribal affiliations..... We all are suffering!
No amount of patience would have made Ojukwu shift ground. Btw, were Ojukwu and Gowon not made to appear in different places to broker peace? Didn't Ojukwu boasted he had the best army?
On your claim that what happened in the Niger Delta wasn't war, I advise you read how other wars started. They hardly start on a large scale before snowbaling. The Biafran/Nigerian War started as a crisis. The FG used "police action" to quel it, but changed when it discovered Ojukwu wanted war. The Second World War started as trying to resist Hitler but snowballed to trying to resist Germany, Italy, Japan, etc.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
No amount of patience would have made Ojukwu shift ground. Btw, were Ojukwu and Gowon not made to appear in different places to broker peace? Didn't Ojukwu boasted he had the best army?
On your claim that what happened in the Niger Delta wasn't war, I advise you read how other wars started. They hardly start on a large scale before snowbaling. The Biafran/Nigerian War started as a crisis. The FG used "police action" to quel it, but changed when it discovered Ojukwu wanted war. The Second World War started as trying to resist Hitler but snowballed to trying to resist Germany, Italy, Japan, etc.

Shutup! Ojukwu did not want war. He decided the the the igbos secede from Nigeria but una no gree because of greed and declared war on Biafra. Stop saying what you don't know
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Mckennedy: 5:14am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

Why are Igbos your problem all thr time? Where was your odua fence when boko haram bombed apapa? Rather you said it was fire outbreak until sharkau proved you wrong.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 27, 2014
This one everybody is shouting war, be rest assured that no nation is ready to support any faction of the entities involved this time around. This time, its going to be far distinct from the civil war, its gonna be a pure TRIBAL WAR, I hope everybody is ready for the consequences, we know the tribes that are brave enough to embark on this missionary journey in nigeria. Yorubas, one message for you, internet ranting is completely different from a tribal war, when the time comes, we shall know the real brave people. I don talk my own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Senate, Makes 26 New Appointments (FULL LIST) / We Are Waiting For Peter Obi In Kastina - El-Rufai / Ekiti Inec Resident Commissioner Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.