Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45433 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:22am On Jul 27, 2014
frankben: I'm fûcking ready to go to war!!

I fought the civil war from 1967-1970... I killed many and i'm willing to kill again grin grin grin

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:23am On Jul 27, 2014
ISP1KSDATROOF:

Actually, your people, the Ibos (and to a lesser, but just as crazier extent, the Northerners) are the ones that've been beating the war drums in your country since 1970. They have been itching for a round 2, just since after the Nigeria/Biafra war was over. They might not have done the "requests" in physical terms like the North is want to do through butchers, murders and maimings, but theyve been very vocal in their desire to "destroy" Nigeria if they cannot get Biafra. This is not a hidden fact, and to deny this as truth is to proclaim yourself a non-credible person.

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:23am On Jul 27, 2014
bbello28: na mama die la :-S

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:27am On Jul 27, 2014
webbaba:
Na only you waka come now

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:27am On Jul 27, 2014
texanomaly:

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln.

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 1stola: 1:27am On Jul 27, 2014
scanp: u lack wisdom...... Think b4 u comment... Hw many war hv u fight
fought not fight.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:28am On Jul 27, 2014
Harmvirus:

Lol! I know.. Police and thief play

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:29am On Jul 27, 2014
teeowl: that is why I stay away from keyboard warriors - I don't need to be bitter about any tribe...

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by lawal28c: 1:30am On Jul 27, 2014
French montana..........Edo montana.*aint worried abt notin*
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 27, 2014
ofenmanucom:

Ostrich! There is no how U'll ever be a spectator in this. Continue living in delusion... U don't seem to get a grasp of what we're saying here. From the look of things right now, it seems we're headed for a free-for-all showdown. No alliances, no conspiracies... All nations to their own devices!

When the tanks come, Ur Ostrich policy would fail U woefully and Ur precious fences would give way... Its inevitable.... And the way I see it, U might have to contend with two different invading forces with different ideologies. One is expected from up north advancing from Illorin. The more ruthless of the duo would be forces advancing from the Land of the Rising Sun.

Lagos would be fight to finish... Armaggedon! Cos we're not going to allow the Jihadists dip their much anticipated Quran inside the Atlantic Ocean

Empty boasts is encoded in ibo's DNA. I will say bring it on if only to teach people like you a lesson that will last you another four generations.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
kendrick93: if it is by goin to war dat will bring peace and all dis rubbish tribalism against one tribe and also to hav a better lyf then so be it.. i hate cowards who cnt confront issues instead trying to make peace all because of fear..
whether we lyk it or nt everyone goin to die so wats d point of being a coward..i will rather die as a hero fighting dan being a coward

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:33am On Jul 27, 2014
thewarrior72:

The war is alread on, so lace ur boot arm ur self & be ready, the inevitable is here with us

War is not pretty.

0rlando0woh: Fool there are worse pictures than that right now in northern Nigeria yet you are looking for examples in other countries and wars that happened decades ago. One is going on right now in front of your nose, get us pictures of that.
Typical Nigerian!
That is how they are quick to remind you of what is happening in South sudan after separation meanwhile the death and displace persons statistics in Northern Nigerian is far worse than what is obtainable in south sudan, yet your ignore yours and look far away.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:34am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I be the princepal
Contunu . . . God will see us.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:34am On Jul 27, 2014
sunnyshayne: [color=#990000][/color]

War is not pretty.

IYANGBALI: the reason shukwudi,shioma,shnyere,chairamaka and sheshe hate us grin

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 27, 2014
A lot of Nigerians are hypocrites. I have seen people on this thread whose stock in trade is to make incendiary comments on Nairaland talk about peace!
Why now?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:37am On Jul 27, 2014
sandijey: On a more serious note. I don't think there can be any war in naija again. Who wants to start it. The worst we are getting right now is happening in the north wiv boko haram. If eventually Nigeria breaks up which I doubt..... it's gonna be peaceful but if we don't break up there is one sure thing though. We are going back to regionalism........

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 1:37am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

Nna adim sorry n'ebe ino. A chorom ka igoo hia.

War is not pretty.

I read it very thoughtful though... but angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:38am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: I stand by my word angry

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:39am On Jul 27, 2014
Aigbofa: A lot of Nigerians are hypocrites. I have seen people on this thread whose stock in trade is to make incendiary comments on Nairaland talk about peace!
Why now?

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: Look son I have a lot to lose but and I'm doing so for the same of my generations unborn.Mind you this is a faceless forum and you might be interacting with Chris Ngige without knowing angry

...and who is Chris Ngige?

Does it makes any difference who anybody is under the heat of war?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 27, 2014
oduastates: The people beating the drums of war are the
North,South east and south south.
Ask yourself,
Why should odua states fight a war when we can simply close our borders and build fences to keep the barbarians out.

When people talk about war... the effeminate cowardly sissies of Nigeria shouldn't be talking.
Yorubas are political slaves to the gambaris and economic slaves to the east.

All yorubas are 'born women' their men should be in the kitchen pounding yam for the hungry soldiers while their women open their legs to service of the gladiators.... grin

Illorin was conquered without a gunshot...it will take less than a pellet to overrun the remaining rusted region..... grin
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:40am On Jul 27, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: Like that India CartooN DELHI SAFARI in Burhraghi voice# my bois are just waiting for me to say the word Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lwkmd

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:40am On Jul 27, 2014
Kalvan: The Victims will obviously be the people that hate living in their land.

The know themselves. grin grin grin grin

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:46am On Jul 27, 2014
ijechikky: U tink it's Funni or som'n?? Sucha kid

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Shokoloko: [img][/img]

The child wasnt dead yet. Starvation would kill him. The mother was

War is not pretty.

KnightOfLaif: war tinz na end time tinz.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: OPC ever ready to defend us.

Agbekoya geriatic farmers and aged hunters will fight for us.. Lmao!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2014
jamace: Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:50am On Jul 27, 2014
ichidodo: A second civil war will be beyond the scale we can ever imagine,as it from the WWI to the WWII, lessons will have been learnt,tactics corrected and assimilitated before a prosecution......If there is no justice then there is no peace and thus we are faced with inevitable.
"A raging menace cannot be confronted by eloquence but by blood,thunder and iron"
Otto von Bismarck..

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:51am On Jul 27, 2014
Enosa1: First time I saw this pix, I just couldn't control my tear. Lets join hands together and avoid a repeat of what happened in the civil war, if the country must split, lets do it peaceably.

War is not pretty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Celebrates 17th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife (Photos) / Adams Oshiomhole And His Wife, Iara Oshiomhole, Strike A Pose. Nigerians React / Dino Melaye On A Private Jet With Orji Kalu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 259
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.