Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45478 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2014
9jauk: No to war!!!

We simply need to deal with corrupt Politicians!!!

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2014
kendrick93: dis comment is a prime example of wat i wrote.. afraid to do the needful.
thats why we in dis slump

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:40am On Jul 27, 2014
unapologetic: Well, I'm still a firm believer of "One Nigeria"... I can't even think of loosing the bonds I share with Musa, Kelechi, Priye and a few of my friends from other tribes.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:42am On Jul 27, 2014
ramdris: War brings out the beast in men. Let's So all we can within our individual power to avoid it.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:43am On Jul 27, 2014
tsolz84: And you feel you just proved your courage?This is the most awkward display of cowardice i have ever seen!!young man;Young man,if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute in the topic of discourse kindly keep quiet and read other people's comment(s).

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Ronj: gagagahahahqhhahahaha naija jmmmmmm hmmmmmm naija he who have ears should hear oooooo

War is not pretty.

semitunde: Guys should tune in to aljazeera now. Its like a war film only its happening as we speak.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:46am On Jul 27, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

exactly. Ehn bt na war b dat na cos dem no go wan comot.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:47am On Jul 27, 2014
hummerwise: GOD bless u OP 4 dis......

eni ija ode ba lo'n pe ara e l'okunrin(it is someone who has neva witnessed a war calls himself a man)

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: I have many things to lose but I'm doing so for the sake of my generations unborn. This is a faceless forum so can't disclose myself here. You might be interacting with Chris Ngige without knowing angry angry

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Malakh: war is peace

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:49am On Jul 27, 2014
jossi994:
did you even read what i typed or e just dey hungry you to quote person? I've heard you. Go and sleep abeg. undecided

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:49am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=9jauk][/quote]

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Mbediogu: Quote me but do not say I told you.
A just war is better than an unjust peace. The apparent peace existing now is simply due to the fact that we are yet to get the memories of the civil war behind us. I hate war but I love justice and equity and can do anything to sustain them - including WARS.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:53am On Jul 27, 2014
[quote author=Odika1][/quote]

War is not pretty.

roufy235: war is not the way out

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:54am On Jul 27, 2014
9jauk: Ok

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:55am On Jul 27, 2014
Lanceslot: lwkmd! The funniest comment ever. Coward.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:55am On Jul 27, 2014
pelente: Germany During World War 2

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:58am On Jul 27, 2014
judedwriter: C all dis ignoramus thread- war has already started! Nigeria has neva had it so bad-that able bodied men now carry bombs to kill themselves and others. What a pity undecided

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:59am On Jul 27, 2014
JustCare:
nooo...it's more of ignorance and lack of exposure. Peaceful coexistence must be enshrined in their heart through exposure, self discovery and massive enlightenment with time!
this and only this alone is needed
#time shall tell

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:59am On Jul 27, 2014
emymeeky:
Sweetheart .. You forgot to mention about the extruciating hunger that will envelop the whole city and make the once beautiful Children inflicted with kwashiorkor

War is not pretty.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:00am On Jul 27, 2014
Dmentor: Little minds that think war will bring the nation's challenges to an end. War is an ill wind that blows no one no good. Peace, we need. Peace, we must all work for.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:00am On Jul 27, 2014
ijechikky: oh...I shud know u b4 I quote ur un-serious post?
A total ignoramus,dats wat u re...
Kip xhibitin d baby in u..

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:05am On Jul 27, 2014
semitunde:

Revolution I agree. I also feel its what we need in this country. A class revolution. Let it start and see how lots of people ruling and feeding off our resent situation start suing earnestly for Peace.

Watch how a fraction of the amount of the finance needed to complete an electric power revival, becomes suddenly enough.

Watch how, people you looked up to as patriots, as the epitome of bravery, all slink out in the night, headed for Europe and southafrica.

Unfortunately, some of my generation is confused, some think they are elites or have become part of them. We think we are middle class cos we can buy second hand cars, it makes us hope we can someday steal and become rich too, and pay for our own light and security.

Have you seen a rat, running in a cycle wheel, it runs furiously and works really hard, yet ends up in the same spot. That is rat race. Its what we are experiencing.

Revolution escalates to war because everyone wants revenge the death of this love ones which makes it be called war. Anyway read details of war below.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2014
orobs93: I tink Nigeria deserve revolution not war..we nEed to return to factory setting.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2014
Aida13: Hmm, I say no to war ooo! After watching series like Strike Back, definitely don't want Nigeria to turn into a war zone. Rebuilding will be near impossible at the end of the day. We don't even have the infrastructure to begin with. A war will cripple this nation permanently.

War is not pretty.

1 Like

jamace: Just as death is inevitable so is war inevitable. No matter how one fears death that will not make death to cease and no matter how one dreads war, war will happen when its time comes. Just as death does not spare the rich or poor so also war does not respect the wealthy and those in poverty. War has a season in the lives of nations and when the season comes nothing can stop it. I am not saying that war is good. I'm only saying that war is inevitable.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:09am On Jul 27, 2014
juman: That country suppose to be divided.

A country of 54 years but in serious mess.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:09am On Jul 27, 2014
pelente: Germany After World war 2
If the fear of war make you live like a slave till eternity so be it.

War is not pretty.

[quote author=Bobbyjay001][/quote]

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 3:16am On Jul 27, 2014
spikesC: What is peace:
Peace is an occurrence of harmony characterized by lack of violence, conflict behaviors and the freedom from fear of violence. Commonly understood as the absence of hostility and retribution, peace also suggests sincere attempts at reconciliation, the existence of healthy or newly healed interpersonal or international relationships, prosperity in matters of social or economic welfare, the establishment of equality, and a working political order that serves the true interests of all.

wikipedia

Do we have peace:
Depends, i say no. If you say yes, then that peace is what i do not want.
We do not want that peace, we want equal right and justice.

How do we seek for peace then:
We go into dialog and general acceptance. Accord each other equal rights and justice.

If that doesn't work:
We go our separate ways.

But we don't want you to go, we want you to share the same peace we have to offer:
No, we want freedom

How do you get freedom:
We fight for it.

But freedom is not free, it comes with the highest of cost, the cost of blood:
It is better to die fighting for freedom than to live life in chains

Let him who have ear, hear. The war is already here.
If you can watch your people die every blessed day for the sake of THIS peace, I, cannot.

What is happening in Rwanda, Sudan etc. are already happening here.
So stop looking afar, it is at your door steps.
It is tribal wars, and it is never declared till the oppressed retaliate.

Long live Biafra
Long live Odua states
Long live Arewaland

War is not pretty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Senate, Makes 26 New Appointments (FULL LIST) / We Are Waiting For Peter Obi In Kastina - El-Rufai / Ekiti Inec Resident Commissioner Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 331
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.