Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45431 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:51am On Jul 27, 2014
felixtare: cowards dies a thousand times b4 is death....op is cow.... who put d ard to my cow understand wat i mean...

Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:53am On Jul 27, 2014
Enosa1: Biafra war
Thank you OP for reminding us that the threat of war is very real in Nigeria. Unfortunately many of us youths, specifically those who were born after the Civil War, have only romanticised versions of it. They quote things like “war is peace” and other ridiculous statements made by rogues who started or gained from wars. I wish they would quote the ordinary people who were butchered or starved to death by war. I wish they would quote women who were Molested and mutilated by foot soldiers, I wish they would quote the innocent children who cried helplessly while their hungry stomachs rumbled. I wish they would imagine the terror that stalked everyone, the stench of death and blood, the frantic pleadings before the victim was hacked to death.

War is ugly my friends. It is during war that you realise your neighbour will turn against you just to stay alive. You will give your attackers money, jewellery, and all your valued possessions. But they will ask for your head instead. Nothing will give them greater joy than watching you die.

Before they do that, they will bring your loved ones before you and make you watch while they commit the most horrific torture on them. They will brutally gang-molest your wife, mother, sisters and daughters without listening to their pleadings. Not content with that, they will forcefully ram sticks or rods into their private parts. You will look on helplessly as your loved ones slowly but painfully bleed to death. Your sons, father, husband or brothers will not be spared, they will be castrated in front of you before being beheaded.
War is not pretty.

Learn from the Tutsi Rwandans, they experienced unimaginable horrors. The survivors are not better than the dead. They still wake up in cold sweat from nightmares. They still hear the screams and smell the stench of rotting bodies. They still see the sights of horribly mutilated dead bodies. They still suffer from post traumatic stress disorders.

You think America, Britain, France or the African Union will come to our aid? Think again. They abandoned Rwanda, they will refuse to be part of a Black-on-Black war. Besides they know how brutal Blacks are even to outside help. They haven’t forgotten what the Hutus did to the Belgian soldiers who tried to protect the Prime Minister of Rwanda. Neither have they forgotten what the Somalians did to the Peacekeeping Forces. They also know what the Libyans did to the American Ambassador. No they won’t intervene, they will look on while we hack each other to bits. It’s not their war, its not their business.

Perhaps you expect other African countries to run to our help and open their borders to let us in. Have you forgotten we are the most populous Black nation on earth? Ghana, Cameroun, …etc can only take in a tiny fraction of us before closing their borders. They too will look on while our attackers hack us in front of their borders.

WAKE UP NIGERIANS. Stop the tribal bashing. The only people who will suffer will be you and I. Our religious, tribal or political leaders will zoom off in their private jets and abandon us while they watch the carnage on BBC.

For the sake of our loved ones please let us unite. The average Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik… man/woman on the street doesn’t hate you. He/she wants what you want: peace and progress and a better life for their kids. Please refuse to be used by selfish leaders who incite us to hate each other. Refuse to be used to cause war. We are human beings first before our tribe, religion or politics. Please for the sake of our innocent children, let’s work for peace. WAKE UP NIGERIANS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:53am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: War is a form of diplomacy, a way of resolving issues that have proven difficult in solving peacefully.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:54am On Jul 27, 2014
KnightOfLaif: But seriously... make we no deceive ourselves cos revolution go still happen for this country.it might result into war and it might not.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:55am On Jul 27, 2014
tsolz84: grin NL is filled with clowns sha..reading their comments and cant stop laughing.. cheesy most of the peeps here on NL thinks war is fought with words..all they do is sit down in the comfort of their homes and spew trash..war ke?we all know the region that is gonna suffer the most and they are the ones beating the drums of war..funny Igbos depending on delta and other SS states

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:56am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: I'm not against restructuring the country but the abokis and their concubines in the west are hell-bent on looting the country dry.thereby maintaing the status quo angry

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:56am On Jul 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: War is a form of diplomacy, a way of resolving issues that have proven difficult in solving peacefully. If our greed and foolishness have made us not to resolve our differences peacefully, it will be cowardice to be anxious of the obvious - war.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:57am On Jul 27, 2014
Ahmeduana:
I THINK IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS RWANDA!

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:57am On Jul 27, 2014
tsolz84: Dude ;dont deceive yourself;revolution aint gonna happen..we aint united unlike islamic countries..

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 1:58am On Jul 27, 2014
okeyokeyjah: undecided If is d only way 2 divide dis Country let us do it once and 4 all

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:00am On Jul 27, 2014
victord1st:

Igbos are natural explorers,even after the break up (if there will be any) u will still see igbos in all regions no matter how harsh the conditions might be.
Search the entire world and tell me where on earth u wont find us doing great things.

You ain't making sense with this ur comment.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:04am On Jul 27, 2014
jossi994: War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:04am On Jul 27, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

we shall see.

War is not pretty.

BadBoy25: .

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Odika1: Now tell me who isn't a devil's advocate,even you*sips benzolyn*.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:05am On Jul 27, 2014
watchindelta: uhhh make it come will go survival

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:07am On Jul 27, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

blatant lie

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:08am On Jul 27, 2014
NgwaManNaija4LF: What about the Yorubas killed during the war and thousands lost and killed from your side, ignorant fool, the pic about the kids are not everything about the war,many kids from all part of nigeria are included as well.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Leibnitz: Those cowards grin cheesy
They will all run to Benin Republic cheesy cheesy

U sabi dem wella. Read what a yoruba strategist typed on fb about fighting Nigeria in a civil war.

"We should form a base around a suitable remote village close to the border with our brothers in Benin Republic (in case of the need to run and fight another day). Thence we hence launch an unawares, surprise, do or die mission to take over the Ibadan garrison and barracks. Thereafter we hence negotiate the surrender of the Lagos garrison and barracks, otherwise we descend on them like hot coals. And voila! It's the end of nigger-area! At least, 10 thousand WELL ARMED, ready to die Yoruba revolutionaries can achieve this mission. With a lesser number, we can only resort absolutely to a long drawn guerrilla warfare that may soon likely die out due to international gang ups, internal saboteurs and traitors, financial inducements and lies fed to an indifferent populace et al. We need to hit them hard and fast; before they know what hit them, the damage is already done and nigger-area is no more."---Falase kanmi T.

he is ready to die and at the same time ready-to-run-to-benin-and-fight-another-day. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:08am On Jul 27, 2014
3kay945: Talking about war, we can as well ask people in Gaza undecided

War is not pretty.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:09am On Jul 27, 2014
9jauk: Ok

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:09am On Jul 27, 2014
ezelous: You must be sick. I guez you were born before d civil war.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:10am On Jul 27, 2014
jossi994:

Meaning ?

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 27, 2014
tHE THING IS MOST OF THESE POLITICIANS AND THEIR CHILDREN HAVE BRITISH PASSPORT,THEY WILL JUST LEAVE POOR NIGERIANS AND FLY.
snowprince07: I feel like crying anyday i read a post by nigerians craving 4 war
U will never live 2 see d end of d war
U cant protect ur love ones
U have nothing 2 benefit from war
U are just creating space 4 dem(politicians) to steal our money and run away living u 2 kill urselvs dey never cared abt u 4get it dat dey are yur tribe 0r religion.
didnt ojuku run away from nigeria(no harm intended)
u tink buhari or gej or other politicians are gonna join u on d battle field??
wise up my brothers UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.
Quotes MARTINS LUTHER KINGS=is either we stand 2geda as brothers or we perish 2geda as fools.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA #TEAM PEACE &1NIGERIA
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:16am On Jul 27, 2014
semitunde:

If you are observant enough, you'd notice that history is slightly changing in this regard. Maybe its evolution, but these days, wars once started are difficult to stop. In fact I dare say, if a war starts now, it might never end. Unless and until theres nothing to fight for. This can only happen after everything important have been destroyed and what remains on all sides is to rebuild.

The ideology of surrender is slowly being eroded from people nowadays. When as a victor you think you can sleep easy, vanquished victims will wake you up. How many years have the Israelis been fighting their neighbours?

In so far as there is availability of technology, and hatred still lives in some peoples heart, no war is ever over.

Let's start it, I'm sure some of us here won't be alive to tell the story, brave or not. And I don't know what that counts for in the afterlife.

I'm watching aljazeera, I'm thinking as gruesome as the scenes I'm seeing here is, our case will brake more records.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 27, 2014
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:20am On Jul 27, 2014
kabba7: For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years now
Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim .
When you stay in other peoples land and feel you can dictate to them on what to or not do you are only indirectly asking them to do thier worst a very good examply is the recent apointment of the Emir of Kano when every iboman think he or she can stampede the people on who should be the king of kano.
As long as you cant allow others in your domain but want to occupy other peoples place you will continue to have problems what you now refer to as war drumbs is not war drum but war whistle.,yesterdays post by ASARI DOKUBO on his twitter page that the attempt on Gen. Buhari is just part one is very relevant here if there must be war why not lets begin early enough it wont be the first time anyway .
YOU DONT BEAT WAR DRUMS WITH DRUMS BUT BY YOUR MOUTH AND ACTIONS TALK TO YOUR BROTHER , GROUND NO LEVEL AGAIN OH !!!

I'm an Igbo man and I can not dispute what you said about my people. I wish I can have means of educating my people what is right and what is not right for others. Please try as much as possible to educate people around you to keep away anything that will engineer war in our beloved country. Let us unity in peace and make the whole world know about our Nigeria Unity. Please read the below message. Thanks

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 2:20am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

No...Thank you!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:23am On Jul 27, 2014
BadBoy25: why the fvck are you quoting me? I'm looking for a way to delete my account but it won't let me . I have already deleted all my post on the forum . I think you guys are a bunch of scums. It's waste of time being on this forum.

Please read my thread first before deleting your account because it is for our own good and the good of all Nigerians unless you are not a Nigerian then. Thanks

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:27am On Jul 27, 2014
ezelous: The Yorubas talk as if they are actually ready for war.

War is not pretty.

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by texanomaly(f): 2:29am On Jul 27, 2014
declaro:

War is not pretty.

Lol. I love this guy
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by declaro(m): 2:36am On Jul 27, 2014
KnightOfLaif: na some of d leaders for dis country b d problem.

War is not pretty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Celebrates 17th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife (Photos) / The Moment Soldiers Were Ambushed By Bandits In The North West. (Video) / Adams Oshiomhole And His Wife, Iara Oshiomhole, Strike A Pose. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 308
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.