Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today (42032 Views)

Nigeria: Only Country Her President Travels While His People suffer - Trump / The Only Country In The World Where Muslims Want To Live With Xtians By Force. / President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by mu2sa2: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2014
The sultan is in order. He got reports of sighting of the new moon from several towns and he is under obligation to announce it. Ilori is in error by needlessly discrediting the many muslims who reported sighting the moon . If the moon is sighted in Nigeria and nowhere else we are bound to end the ramadan in Nigeria. Right from the time of the sahaba moon-sighting is never centralized. Ilory is misled to base the sighting of the moon on science. Science sometimes produce wrong results as can be seen in weather forecasts.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by gidjah(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
HERE WHERE I GREW IN D NORTH ,FASTING IS NOT AN enjoy able activiy. this guys are always eager to hear'the new moon has bin sighted by d sultan'!even if them never finish fasting.na their way be that.pls op,for your information, na only for north dem dey celebrate sallah o!north too dey do over sabi.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by LMAyedun(m): 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
WombRaiders:

Currently it is Monday in Asia

olodo grin grin grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anonimi: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Chillisauce: grin grin

What a funny country.
Were did the moon come from?

Somebody don tire to dey fast so therefore dem must sight new moon tipatipa by force grin
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by maclatunji: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
mu2sa2: The sultan is in order. He got reports of sighting of the new moon from several towns and he is under obligation to announce it. Ilori is in error by needlessly discrediting the many muslims who reported sighting the moon . If the moon is sighted in Nigeria and nowhere else we are bound to end the ramadan in Nigeria. Right from the time of the sahaba moon-sighting is never centralized. Ilory is misled to base the sighting of the moon on science. Science sometimes produce wrong results as can be seen in weather forecasts.

It is not like a lot of these people believe in the science, they will pick anything that seems to justify their position. If the science does not support their desires next year, they will abandon it with ease.

The Sultan has followed the sunnah, those who oppose him on this issue are not. Or did the Prophet (SAW) use computers to determine the start and end of Ramadan?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Mintayo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lol. So many hungry muslims. I guess some of them are tired already.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by maclatunji: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
gidjah: HERE WHERE I GREW IN D NORTH ,FASTING IS NOT AN enjoy able activiy. this guys are always eager to hear'the new moon has bin sighted by d sultan'!even if them never finish fasting.na their way be that.pls op,for your information, na only for north dem dey celebrate sallah o!north too dey do over sabi.

Misinformation, we are all fasting for 29 days even those that broke today. We started ahead of the rest of the world in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by iamord(m): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Its because the leaders and people r too Religious. There is nothing to be happy about with all this killings spreading.. This holiday. Should be used as a time to reflect on what is really going in The country and how it can be solved and not Unnecessary Jaye.. But all the same..wish all muslim brothers best of holidays
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Boko Haram be like...
New moon uploading... 54% progress... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
abdulwastecx:

foolishness of the highest order.... is your head but not my head. we in the 21st century mate, u don't need to sight the moon with ur nicked eye again on some desert in the North, you can do that with the use of equipment, some tradition of stone age need to change we are no longer in the 6th century

ignorance at the highest level go soak yourself in understanding your religion before spewing shyte. I know irritants like you are not learned at all. little wonder you call the prophet 6th century sunna an outdated process. you need life long dose of neurovites and brain vitamins.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
ds bigot is still alive...since seun sacked u from mod levels, hw v u been eating niggur tongue tongue tongue tongue
maclatunji:

The facts on the ground already prove you ignorant. #LOL

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by AmNotDrunk(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
Bwahahaha hunger don hammer my naija Muslims finish.

Imagine mistaking a star for moon lol cheesy cheesy

Na so mallam go dey argue with u wey don dey chop for d past 30days say he don see moon when in truth he saw a star grin

Hunger na bas.tard.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by fapcrook(m): 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Cybermugu1: Confused religion!
u are even confusing me with ur silly comment
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by anago9010(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sixix:

I agree there shouldn't be any discrimination but you cant pretend to ignore something that is glaring. Take a trip to Bodija market and see how prayers are conducted.

Like i said earlier he isn't the leader if he were,. he would have taken account of the sensitivity of the subject at hand and have acted as such. Isn't there a national committee for that? Were they informed or was the proclamation a unanimous decision? You have no idea what this issue is all about and the damage it has caused, There had been efforts by the SW Muslim leaders to address the issue of false moon sightings with the Northern leaders and this is what we get in return.

The day Northern leaders begin to act as Muslim leaders then i will reconsider my stance on them, till then

bodija I pray in agodi gates when I'm in Ibadan and our mallam neighbours pray the back of the Yoruba imam, fake moon sighting you mist be kidding!!!!! the sky is so clear in the north compared to the skies down south. when you on board an aircraft you can verify that by looking through the windows when in the south same for north and tell us findings, all I see in this issues are disgruntled Yoruba scholar especially that olodo called Habib al ilori, I can't forget his ignoramus lectures on LTV during last three years ramadhan, where he dedicated a whole month throwing jibes at the al sunnah community.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by engrsyer(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
There was an eclipse of the sun that made the Moonsighting Committee not to have sighted the moon in dat saturday night, so it's not their fault.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by idee91: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2014
Naija get mouth be dat naw.... barka da sallah... #islamtilldeath#
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by ZUBY77(m): 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2014
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Abey23: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ibyno: The world knows that the fitr is on monday, Sanusi declear it today to prove he don't take Action from FG, if he thinks he can rub head with the FG, he would have declear the holiday on Wednesday, so we see who rules the Town.
Was it Sanusi that announced the end of the fasting?
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Abey23: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
We are still searching for our girls, now, we are searching for moon again.......which way Naija? #moonsightingcommittee
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Caseless: 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
tel me ur religion, and i'l tel u how discobombulted u are.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by gidjah(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji:

Misinformation, we are all fasting for 29 days even those that broke today. We started ahead of the rest of the world in Nigeria.
SORRY BABA T,in this same my north,some of my friends and neighbors refused to observe your sallah today sir, they rather chose to do it tomorow,them never see their own moon.even here d followership of d sultan is in disarray,this one moon he saw did not go wel wit my people.infact i refused to wish them a happy celebration when i noticed d dis parity
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2014
engrsyer: There was an eclipse of the sun that made the Moonsighting Committee not to have sighted the moon in dat saturday night, so it's not their fault.

it was cataracts grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by oladiran106: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ok..
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by BabaO2: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Too wrongly religious country, no wonder nothing will ever work correctly in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by aukasa: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
This is story is not true,Malaysia and Turkey celebrated theirs today,even if it were to be true it's allowed Nigerian muslims are not obliged to take instruction from any country in other to follow the islamic injunction regarding fasting for 29 days and sighting of moon.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by chucky234(m): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
Fake moon
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by QuiverBox(f): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2014

Do we have to make mockery of a Religion because of the day they decide to celebrate Sallah.

We should learn to tolerate one another.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by vedaxcool(m): 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
grin

That feeling u perceive from most Christians on nl, uncertain about their faith, they jump at any opportunity to disparage muslims and Islam . It must be hard, embarassed .
How does celebrating an event that does not involve u in anyway become such a huge deal to u. This hatred u are sharing because of Islam darisgoduooh grin grin

The. Op is simply continuing gej strategy of promoting hatred amongst various religion in Nigeria.

Gej. The man in shadows in d pick below
[img]http://1.bp..com/-Lxbn-0_pa_Y/USh5XEEmV1I/AAAAAAABcBg/gbWa2E-Zrsc/s1600/Muslims+and+Christians2.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Vado(m): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
chronique: Islam!!! Such a funny and controversial religion.

Bet it ain't funny when they are chopping off heads tho. undecided
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by smatadex(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Confused religion

So some idoit like dis still plenty for NL, abeg ow our celebration take concern u enemy of progress.
Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Five flogged in Iran for Ramadan violations

TEHRAN: Five people were publicly flogged in Iran as punishment for eating in public in violation of the rules of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, state media reported.

The offenders ignored warnings from police and "ate intentionally" in the western city of Kermanshah, the province's chief justice Ali Mozafari said, quoted by the official IRNA news agency.

They were flogged for their actions, he added.

Iranian authorities issue warnings every year to respect Ramadan by not eating or drinking in public. However, the fast is often ignored, especially in hot weather with people drinking water in the street.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Jul-27/265260-five-flogged-in-iran-for-ramadan-violations.ashx#axzz38hXUzhqM

[size=18pt]All the Muslims in Nigeria deserve to be flogged![/size] grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Only Country In The World Celebrating Eid-el-fitri Today by aukasa: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
No,Malaysia and Turkey also celebrate today,however all the criteria required before celebration were fulfilled such as 29 days of fast after sighting moon before starting and sighting of moon before announcing of end of Ramadan,which was sighted in many locations in Nigeria,hence Nigeria is good to go and perfect to have celebrate today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff Visits Troops In The Frontline / Aisha Yar'adua, Musa Yar'adua's Daughter Stuns In New Photos / Sanwo-Olu Visits The Collapse Scene, Checked On The Survivors At Hospital - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.