Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,602 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (24907 Views)

.... / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' / Is It Ok To Sleep With Ur Partner In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Sleekknight(m): 12:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:

My siblings are okay. I am SS.
Can you just quit playing god, cos I have lived and seen the so called "healthy Men and Women" get buried.
IT IS ONLY THE ALMIGHTY GOD THAT HAS THE FINAL SAY. NOT YOU
am so sorry.pls forgive me
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Xfactoria: 1:23am On Oct 19, 2012
The whole AS/AS thing is overrated! Wait! Read my full story before you judge me.

To be candid, AS/AS pairing is a risk because medically, there is a 25% chance of having an SS child. That is also the same chance of having an AA but unfortunately, people create automatic SS in their minds once they hear AS/AS. It is possible for the pairing to have 10 children without having SS. Mathematically, the more number of children you plan to have, the higher the risk.

However, It amazes me why people ignore the bigger possibility of 75% chance of having no SS. I wil advise people who wants to do it to weigh their options and be convinced that they can face the consequence before they go ahead. Often times, it is the negative comments like the one that abound here on Nairaland that weakens people faith.

Let me further blow your minds, marriage is not only about children and I think a lot of people are missing this point. If having children is the main reason you want to get married, then you may want to weigh your options.

My story: My wife and I are both AS and my daughter is AS. We didn't do any selective abortion. My wife is the only woman in this world I found peace in getting married to and we didn't get married because we want to have children. Don't get me wrong, children are good but for us, our companionship is much more important. When we decided to procreate, we took the matter to God and found peace in doing it. We took our case to our maker and we have a testimony. I am not saying this would work for everyone. I am saying all these things because people focus so much on negativity and my stance has nothing to do with religion. There are many things that could bring unhappiness to a marriage or even create health issues. How many people do a complete health check on their spouse before marriage? Their are many people that are as good as a walking corpse medically (note I said medically) but as long as they are AA a lot of people are happy to marry them. There are so many AAs with terrible characters and other health problems other than genotype.

Every decision in life has a risk element. I think people who wants to go into marriage should sit down and decide what is really important to them. Good character or genotype? Would you take a 25% risk of SS and rather have a wonderful spouse or would you marry an AA and have a devilish spouse that would make your life miserable?

The choice is clear!

5 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Burger01(m): 2:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:

I don't care where you claim to be working, but please stop feeding the public with false myth.
Pray tell, how long can a AIDS patient who takes his/her drugs religiously have to live. You "mister working in a clinical setup" can you knowingly have canal knowledge with a AIDS patient?
There are sicklers out there who live a more healthier life than most people who think that they are healthy.
Sickle Cell Disease is a genetic disorder that can be well managed with good diet and modern medicine.
In case you are wondering I have been living with SCD for more than 30 years and I have achieved far more than your average Healthy person; academically, financially, and yes I have great reltionship with the opposite sex. Soon, by His Grace I will be tying the knot with my beloved.
Who is talking about canal knowledge with HIV patients? What gave you that impression that an HIV patient could not raise a family and rare children like u and me? And who told you that an HIV patient could not live to an old age? Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson, the usa former basketball player? I will excuse your attack on my personality. Get more fact about HIV and you would be surprised how good living they could be while on ART without any fear of crisis. But, how are you sure you have achieved more than my average healthy person; academically and financially? Please spare me all that I don't want to know what u have achieved or otherwise. Don't stigmatise. A well managed HIV person can Live a better life like you and me. EOD.

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Biggyd2: 5:04am On Oct 19, 2012
How many people get married without thinking of having children? This is Africa o! If couples have incompatible genotypes and go ahead to marry but decide not to have kids or adopt then, there will be no problem. I believe the op was thinking of kids before raising this question. For me I am of the opinion that couples should think about the feelings of the unborn children before plotting this 'probability graph'. Will they be happy if you bring them into the world as probably SS, knowing what knowledge is available to you today?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ay0201(m): 5:29am On Oct 19, 2012
Enigift: My neighbour n her husband r both AS and the what to go for prenatal genotype screening.pls were in nageria can this be done and at what cost
Go to a teaching hospital, the price would be too good to be true.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ay0201(m): 5:39am On Oct 19, 2012
remzytimer: For AS-AS there is a possibility of them having the first two children without an SS but anyone thereafter will surely be an SS....So' its risky' beware!
Stop the permutations and combinations. having a ss offspring could come at any point in time. This is not mathematics but nature.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Digriz(m): 6:58am On Oct 19, 2012
Rustic: i knw one wt seven kids both parents are AS.
First child_SS female
second_AS male
third_AA male
fourth_AS female
fifth_AA female
sixth_SS female
seventh_AS female.
The man was lucky that hs two sons were free.
Bt never u try to take that risk pls.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Abali1(m): 7:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Burger01:
Who is talking about canal knowledge with HIV patients? What gave you that impression that an HIV patient could not raise a family and rare children like u and me? And who told you that an HIV patient could not live to an old age? Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson, the usa former basketball player? I will excuse your attack on my personality. Get more fact about HIV and you would be surprised how good living they could be while on ART without any fear of crisis. But, how are you sure you have achieved more than my average healthy person; academically and financially? Please spare me all that I don't want to know what u have achieved or otherwise. Don't stigmatise. A well managed HIV person can Live a better life like you and me. EOD.
I am sorry for attacking your person, but your above conclusion "A well managed HIV person can live a better life like you and me" is a far cry from the stigma type of conclusion you earlier posted.
Why, I asked if one can knowingly have canal knowledge of a AIDS patient is because most marriages take s.exual satisfaction into consideration.
And I do not mean to brag about what I have achieved, but Stigmatising SS people based on your own a few contact with them is wrong.
A SS who feeds well and stick to the drugs that work well with his/her system will live a healthy and fulfilling life.
SS is a Genetic disoder and not a Death sentence.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Burger01(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2012
Abali1:
I am sorry for attacking your person, but your above conclusion "A well managed HIV person can live a better life like you and me" is a far cry from the stigma type of conclusion you earlier posted.
Why, I asked if one can knowingly have canal knowledge of a AIDS patient is because most marriages take s.exual satisfaction into consideration.
And I do not mean to brag about what I have achieved, but Stigmatising SS people based on your own a few contact with them is wrong.
A SS who feeds well and stick to the drugs that work well with his/her system will live a healthy and fulfilling life.
SS is a Genetic disoder and not a Death sentence.
It's well my brother. I just tried to correct the comparison someone made with SS and HIV. In my family I had SS elderly sister, such a nice sister she was. I know how this thing is. God will keep us all and bless us with long life and prosperity. Cheers bro...

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by jidabod(m): 7:54am On Oct 19, 2012
ACM10:
If Chorionic Villous Sampling(CVS) reveals that the foetal genotype is SS, what are u gonna do? Abort the baby?
Maybe you should lecture us on how CVS will prevent couples from having a sickler baby apart from abortion.

You opted for CVS when you could avoid 'everything' before venturing into marriage.

All some are talking about faith & knowledge, I doubt if you lot have had personal experience with a sickler.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by 5much(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2012
if u ar AS,pls ask from the very 1st date b4 u start falling in love.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by joe4christ(m): 8:14am On Oct 19, 2012
Initially i never thought this Genotype of thing was that seriouse not until i begin to see lots and lots of testimonies of the consequence, well i'm lucky to be AA cos my dad and mum were both AA, but i aint gonna risk marrying an SS, i would'nt wanna bury a wife in my lifetime. Never!!!
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2012
jidabod:

You opted for CVS when you could avoid 'everything' before venturing into marriage.

All some are talking about faith & knowledge, I doubt if you lot have had personal experience with a sickler.
I did not opt for CVS. Read my comment again
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2012
Amazondepth: . See d kind of mentality that will keep so many permanently in bondage.After u go say na from village dem dey attack u.God has provided knowledge and wisdom yet u disregard it in d name of faith and miracle seeking.it is well with u but abeg don't go about deceiving pple cos sadly so many nigerians are gullible.
It iz only a fool that says there iz no God and i have seen one already,people like you go to church just because you dont have anything doing at home,i would advice you to stop wasting time
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by candieangel12(f): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Toktee: It iz only a fool that says there iz no God and i have seen one already,people like you go to church just because you dont have anything doing at home,i would advice you to stop wasting time

I thought the thread was about Genotypes...when did this turn into a thread about Religion?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by khalids: 9:07am On Oct 19, 2012
tobtap: it matter alot to know each other genotype,but from most AS-AS marriage dat i know of....the result is as follow
first child-AA
second child-AS
third child- AS
fourth child-SS
so judging by dis,it ok if u wont have more than two kids.....just my own opinion

This is why people are advice to read their books and study hard......JUST IMAGINE THIS F9 answer....AA, AS, SS are the possible outcomes of an AS-AS union, what geno type the child will have is a gamble within those choices, you could have four kids and they would all be SS, or if you are lucky non might be SS......The clear advice here is not to gamble with the possibilities......JUST MY PIECE
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 9:19am On Oct 19, 2012
candieangel12:

I thought the thread was about Genotypes...when did this turn into a thread about Religion?
Look like you just woke up,ask ACM,we are talking about genotype and what God can do in this case where many are arguing that iz better to believe a mans report in choseen a wife,i know that you are very good at blind argument but i will advice you not to pick on me ok
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nikky341: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2012
ACM10:
I did not opt for CVS. Read my comment again
4 me i think this option should be taken by people already in a marraige not by people who can avoid it. like i said its not as eazy asit sounds
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by WhyAWhy(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2012
blogger2tooker:
PS I DO KNOW ABOUT THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON BUT CHOOSE THE BOLD LETTERS INSTEAD. ON THE CONTRARY FOLKS LIKE YOU ARE A MOCKERY OF CHRISTIANITY. IF MY LIFE IS STRANGE TO YOU BECAUSE YOU CANNOT COMPREHEND IT LET ME LIVE THE LIFE I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN.

YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT AS A CHILD OF GOD IF I AM STUCK IN A DESERT AND THE ONLY WATER AVAILABLE TO DRINK IS POISONED THAT I SHOULD NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD THAT SAYS THAT IF I DRINK ANY DEADLY THING IT SHALL NOT HURT ME AND DIE OF THIRST? BE IT AIDS OR CANCER OR WHATEVER ELSE IS DEADLY, THESE PEOPLE ARE LOVED BY GOD SAME WAY YOU ARE. YOU CALL IT A BAD PATH BUT I CALL IT A FAITH PATH. IT IS A DELIBERATE PATH FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE DELIBERATELY CHOSEN TO TRUST GOD. YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOMETIME.

At the bolded parts:

- Let others also live the LIFE they have chosen to.

- That's when it's the ONLY alternative!: In this situation we are discussing, getting married to another AS is NOT the only alternative.

With the tone of your conversation throughout this topic, would an unbeliever be able to catch on Jesus that way?

I have lived with ASTHMA for years and I was expected to live on drugs inhalers and injection all my life. I prayed to God for miracle and infact I believed that it was going to come. I could not eat anything fried, smell perfume, coffee, petrol, diesel etc. I took precautions and also prayed that my miracle will come someday. Now this is 13 years later and I am completely whole. During the time of my believing in God... I will not go and intentionally expose myself to triggers. Wisdom is profitable to direct isn't it. Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nikky341: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2012
anyway 4 d ss here, i heard dat (fiofio beans) nsuka beans when included in diet helps 2 prolong d live span of the blood cell
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Ojeremi(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2012
days are gone when AS were forbidden to marry AS.As things stands now both can marry .Why?
D fact is that for each birth dia is 25percent risk of having SS,25 percent 50percent AS.
Although science has nt bn able to tell us how to know which one will be b4 pregnancy,however it has bn found dt genotype of a foetus cn b determined at 12wks of gestatn via chorionic villus sampling,so if it is SS,it cn b therapeutically aborted.u may questn ds bt wht will u do wn u do d routine anomaly scan at 20wks of gestatn and u find ov d foetus has no head,remove it or keep it 4 9months
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2012
Toktee: Look like you just woke up,ask ACM,we are talking about genotype and what God can do in this case where many are arguing that iz better to believe a mans report in choseen a wife,i know that you are very good at blind argument but i will advice you not to pick on me ok
Why include my handle in you guys religious tomfoolery? I only quoted bible verses to expose the stvpidity of Blogger2tooker's religious point of view. Anyone who decides to take action against the medical advice should live with its consequence. That's what we call proper counselling and informed consent.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2012
nikky341:
4 me i think this option should be taken by people already in a marraige not by people who can avoid it. like i said its not as eazy asit sounds
I'm not even in support of CVS. Knowing fully well its attendant complications. But, who am I to question the choice of two consenting adult couples?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by miss9ja(f): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2012
Rolly83: Pls i would like to know,what if i'm AA and she is SS can one get married(Doctors in the house pls respond).
yes u can get married. a person wit genotype AA can get married to a person wit any genotype
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by miss9ja(f): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2012
Rolly83: Pls i would like to know,what if i'm AA and she is SS can one get married(Doctors in the house pls respond).
yes u can get married. a person wit genotype AA can get married to a person wit any genotype
Ojeremi: days are gone when AS were forbidden to marry AS.As things stands now both can marry .Why?
D fact is that for each birth dia is 25percent risk of having SS,25 percent 50percent AS.
Although science has nt bn able to tell us how to know which one will be b4 pregnancy,however it has bn found dt genotype of a foetus cn b determined at 12wks of gestatn via chorionic villus sampling,so if it is SS,it cn b therapeutically aborted.u may questn ds bt wht will u do wn u do d routine anomaly scan at 20wks of gestatn and u find ov d foetus has no head,remove it or keep it 4 9months
you got it right
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by miss9ja(f): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2012
Ojeremi: days are gone when AS were forbidden to marry AS.As things stands now both can marry .Why?
you got it right
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blaise26abj(m): 10:34am On Oct 19, 2012
we have a family-friend with 3 kids and all are SS and one is late. My best female friend lost a sister to the genetic disorder. My brother's best-friend died as a result of that as well. Suppy-joe, a very funny neighbor also passed on. Don't play poker with someone's happiness/health because u feel u have found love. Yes, ur unborn child's feelings should be a factor. One of my close friends said this after his SS brother died," i thank God he is dead.I could see the toll it was taking on the family especially my parents. It is a very terrible experience that i can't wish my enemy"

On the other hand, i heard there is a medical procedure to alter the genotype of children now. I think i read something about it and a hospital in Edo state carried it out successfully. Medical people oya talk now o.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Harpesin(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2012
jude33084:

In many villages they call them different spiritual names like Abiku, in my place its igbakhuan
undecided Ignorance at its highest level cheesy

They think τhe child comes to earth to frustrate his/her parent undecided meanwhile they are just sicklers.smiley

God has given us wisdom aŋԂ knowledge so pls let's embrace it aŋԂ use it. smiley

Try and find out what Abiku is all about, they are the kind of children that belong to black world like Emere in Yoruba....Abiku is far diff from sickler, Abiku can repeat itself in a family more than 3times......have witnessed what Abiku is all about wen i was in the villa, this girl came into this particular more than 3 times, on the 4th time the father had to cut one of the girl finger and behold wen having the 5th child it was a girl with 9fingers....have you heard where they will tell a pregnant woman not to walk about late in the night or mid day? why do you think some pregnant women do attach safety pin to their cloth when going out....though most of this are not common again due to xtianity n faith in God....if you see a Abiku, take them to the hospital doctor will only be giving diff kind of name but can not ascertain the problem....What about convulsion aka (giri or ile gbona ) in yoruba land....can you relate that to SS or AS of a thing....and that is one of the tactics of Abiku...Abiku have an appointed time of dying as per the covenant made in their black world.....Go to villa now Abiku is not that common cos people are now giving their life to Christ and commiting eveything into God's hand / prayerful......not that they belief in Genotype of a thing.....Guy dont be fool by all this white mentality...even the white respect our tradition and they embrace it more than we do....believing all about them is what made us a slave to them till today....Wise up and be happy as an African......also move closer to God, in God's Agenda for me and my generation nothing like Genotype........cos its man's report....The just shall leave by faith....
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2012
Harpesin:

Try and find out what Abiku is all about, they are the kind of children that belong to black world like Emere in Yoruba....Abiku is far diff from sickler, Abiku can repeat itself in a family more than 3times......have witnessed what Abiku is all about wen i was in the villa, this girl came into this particular more than 3 times, on the 4th time the father had to cut one of the girl finger and behold wen having the 5th child it was a girl with 9fingers....have you heard where they will tell a pregnant woman not to walk about late in the night or mid day? why do you think some pregnant women do attach safety pin to their cloth when going out....though most of this are not common again due to xtianity n faith in God....if you see a Abiku, take them to the hospital doctor will only be giving diff kind of name but can not ascertain the problem....What about convulsion aka (giri or ile gbona ) in yoruba land....can you relate that to SS or AS of a thing....and that is one of the tactics of Abiku...Abiku have an appointed time of dying as per the covenant made in their black world.....Go to villa now Abiku is not that common cos people are now giving their life to Christ and commiting eveything into God's hand / prayerful......not that they belief in Genotype of a thing.....Guy dont be fool by all this white mentality...even the white respect our tradition and they embrace it more than we do....believing all about them is what made us a slave to them till today....Wise up and be happy as an African......also move closer to God, in God's Agenda for me and my generation nothing like Genotype........cos its man's report....The just shall leave by faith....
You need to be exorcized of Nollywood and Yoruba movies demon
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Harpesin(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2012
ACM10:
You need to be exorcized of Nollywood and Yoruba movies demon

grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by afosam4real(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2012
Bloog2tooker and ACM10 have put a good argument on the subject under discussion.
Nevertheless,‎​​‎​​I'll only advise that if partners have such a strong faith or clear conviction from God to marry each other,‎​​I suggest they go ahead;and if not,they should not venture into such marriage. I think it will ‎​be good to always ‎​be at the safer side instead of tying God to some simple things we should have ordinarily use our common sense to sort out.
If partners who are both AS genotype say they have faith in God and go ahead to marry each other and at the end of the day they give birth to SS child,they shouldn't think God has changed even when their heart desires are not met that doesn't mean God is not God. He will forever remain God.
Having such faith to me is like tempting God. So try to ‎​be at the safer side. God bless you all.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
afosam4real: Bloog2tooker and ACM10 have put a good argument on the subject under discussion.
Nevertheless,‎​​‎​​I'll only advise that if partners have such a strong faith or clear conviction from God to marry each other,‎​​I suggest they go ahead;and if not,they should not venture into such marriage. I think it will ‎​be good to always ‎​be at the safer side instead of tying God to some simple things we should have ordinarily use our common sense to sort out.
If partners who are both AS genotype say they have faith in God and go ahead to marry each other and at the end of the day they give birth to SS child,they shouldn't think God has changed even when their heart desires are not met that doesn't mean God is not God. He will forever remain God.
Having such faith to me is like tempting God. So try to ‎​be at the safer side. God bless you all.

EVERYONE HAS A JOT OF FAITH IN THEM THAT CAN ONLY BE GREATLY MAGNIFIED WHEN THEY ARE IN CHRIST. INDEED THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH! AND NOT BY GENOTYPE OR ANY OTHER LIMITATIONS THAT DOCTORS HAVE PLACED ON MAN. FOR EXAMPLE A DOCTOR CAN TELL YOU DONT EAT THIS AND DONT DRINK THAT AS A WAY OF OVERCOMING AN ILLNESS BUT WITH GOD EVEN WHEN YOU DO DRINK AND EAT ANY OF THOSE THINGS THAT DOCTORS HAVE PLACED AN EMBARGO ON FOR YOU IT WILL NOT HURT YOU!

MY MOTHER DIED OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MY DAD HAS IT AND DURING MY GENOTYPE TEST MANDATED BY MY PARENTS THE DOCTOR SAID MY BLOOD PRESSURE WAS HIGH AND SINCE I HAD IT IN MY FAMILY THAT I MOST PROBABLY WOULD HAVE IT. THIS IS 15YRS OF LIVING A NORMAL LIFE AND EATING ALL THOSE THINGS WHICH DOCTORS HAVE TOLD MY DAD NEVER TO TOUCH AND I HAVE NEVER... I REPEAT I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FOUR WALLS OF A HOSPITAL WARD DUE TO ILLNESS OR EVEN TO BE BEDRIDDEN AT HOME. MY WIFE HAS FOLLOWED MY TREND AND SHE WHOM EVERY 2 MONTHS WOULD ALWAYS BE STRUCK DOWN WITH TYPHOID OR MALARIA FOR 3 YRS NOW HAS NEVER KNOWN SUCH NOR HAS SHE SUFFERED FROM A HEADACHE.

FAITH IS ALIVE AND NOT DEAD. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS PLACED ON GODS WORD. GENOTYPE OR NO GENOTYPE MY BLOOD GROUP AND THOSE OF MY FAMILY IS CALLED JESUSTYPE.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies Ask Any Question, First Guy To Nail It Earns An Exclusive PM From You / The Foolish Experience I Had The First Time I Got Laid / the secret of Female Waist Bead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.