Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Its Time For The Revolution: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Its Time For The Revolution: (4902 Views)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Its Time To Move The Federal Capital To The East / Nuzo For House Of Representatives 2011. The Revolution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2008
NIGERIANS LETS STOP THIS INTERNET WAR ON BAD LEADERSHIP AND SWING INTO ACTION.

HERE IS MY PLAN.

1. WE USE THIS FORUM AS PLATFORM TO FIRE UP THE YOUTH TO TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY IN PEACE.

2. WE START BY WEARING GREEN AND WHITE POLOS AND JEANS EVERY TUESDAY FROM NOW ON EVERY WHERE U ARE, LAGOS, LONDON, NEW YORK

3. WE START TELLING EVERY YOUTH ABOUT THIS FORUM.

4. WE CREATE A SPECIAL SECTION FOR THE REVOLUTION MOVEMENT ON THIS FORUM OR AN ENTIRELY NEW WEBSITE.

5.WHEN OUR RANKS REACH LIKE 5000 WE START MOUNTING NIGERIAN FLAGS ON OUR HOUSES AND CARS.

6. WE REJECT ANY OLD POLITICIAN WHETHER GOOD OR BAD

7. WE MAKE NON-VIOLENCE OUR WATCHWORD

8. WE START AN ACTIVE E-MAIL CAMPAIGN TO EVERYONE WE KNOW

9. OUR GOAL WE SHOULD BE STRONG ENOUGH BY 2011 TO DEMAND FOR A CHANGE ACTIVELY.

PLEASE MORE SUGGESTIONS, I AM TIRED OF SITTING BEHIND THE COMPUTER AND COMPLAINING, IF YOU ARE ALSO TIRED JOIN THE REVOLUTUION

IT WOULD NOT BE EASY BUT BIG THINGS START SMALL

IF U SEE WHAT I AM SEEING,

COME ON, IT STARTS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by QuotaSyste(m): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2008
If Igbo people join you in your call for revolution, will Yorubas and other minorities join forth? Me, i no wan sabos or backstabbers oo unless if they will start it first and we Igbos join them later. Am 100% sure that no hausa will join you in this your call for revolution because the mess/ status quo as it is now is favoring them.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2008
PLEASE NO TRIBES IN THIS MATTER, I AM DEAD SERIOUS
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by QuotaSyste(m): 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2008
inquisitiv:

PLEASE NO TRIBES IN THIS MATTER, I AM DEAD SERIOUS
You are serious and you think am not serious? Answer question jor. Serious ni, revolution ko. You think Igbo people are fools after what Yorubas/awolowo and other minorities did in the past.  If you won't answer the question, then go and shove your revolution up your arss, or better still lead your people and others to start the revolution and Igbos will join you when they see your so called seriousness.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2008
OK I CAN NOW SEE YOU ARE SERIOUS.

FIRST, THEIR WILL BE A SECTION OR GROUP DEDICATED TO HANDLE ANY TRIBAL TREND, AND ANYBODY FINGERED WILL BE IDENTIFIED AS A MOLE TO DESTROY THE MOVEMENT NOT MINDING HIS TRIBE .

SECONDLY, I GUESS MOST OF US WILL BE EDUCATED AND THEREBY VERY DETRIBALISED

THIRDLY, WE CATEGORICALLY LABEL TRIBALISM - A CRIME AND ANY SUCH MANIFESTATION A DISGRACE.

WHEN WE ALL HATE TRIBALISM, NO ONE WILL BRING IT UP.

MORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

A JOURNEY OF A 1000 STEPS STARTS WITH A STEP.

THIS IS THE BEGINNING, LETS MOVE
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
QuotaSyste:

You are serious and you think am not serious? Answer question jor. Serious ni, revolution ko. You think Igbo people are fools after what Yorubas/awolowo and other minorities did in the past.  If you won't answer the question, then go and shove your revolution up your arss, or better still lead your people and others to start the revolution and Igbos will join you when they see your so called seriousness.

people like u are the reason why nigeria will never move forward, here is a guy that is giving a way forward and all you could worry about is Awolowo, damnit, trhat old guy has died probably be4 u were born, there is urgency for us all to move pass all these tribalism nonesense and find a way to move the nation forward.
I am not saying the Igbos has been treated fairly, neither will i agree that the current status quo favours one and leaves the other.
We are all Nigerians and moving forward will need all hands on deck.

1 Like

Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Fhemmmy: 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
inquisitiv:

NIGERIANS LETS STOP THIS INTERNET WAR ON BAD LEADERSHIP AND SWING INTO ACTION.

HERE IS MY PLAN.

1. WE USE THIS FORUM AS PLATFORM TO FIRE UP THE YOUTH TO TAKE OVER THIS COUNTRY IN PEACE.

2. WE START BY WEARING GREEN AND WHITE POLOS AND JEANS EVERY TUESDAY FROM NOW ON EVERY WHERE U ARE, LAGOS, LONDON, NEW YORK

3. WE START TELLING EVERY YOUTH ABOUT THIS FORUM.

4. WE CREATE A SPECIAL SECTION FOR THE REVOLUTION MOVEMENT ON THIS FORUM OR AN ENTIRELY NEW WEBSITE.

5.WHEN OUR RANKS REACH LIKE 5000 WE START MOUNTING NIGERIAN FLAGS ON OUR HOUSES AND CARS.

6. WE REJECT ANY OLD POLITICIAN WHETHER GOOD OR BAD

7. WE MAKE NON-VIOLENCE OUR WATCHWORD

8. WE START AN ACTIVE E-MAIL CAMPAIGN TO EVERYONE WE KNOW

9. OUR GOAL WE SHOULD BE STRONG ENOUGH BY 2011 TO DEMAND FOR A CHANGE ACTIVELY.

PLEASE MORE SUGGESTIONS, I AM TIRED OF SITTING BEHIND THE COMPUTER AND COMPLAINING, IF YOU ARE ALSO TIRED JOIN THE REVOLUTUION

IT WOULD NOT BE EASY BUT BIG THINGS START SMALL

IF U SEE WHAT I AM SEEING,

COME ON, IT STARTS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Great vission, but there is a need to have platform and strategy on how to get rid of all those old cargos.
There is a need to formularize how we will source funds to make it all happen.
I will suggest the new website, cos at some point, NairaLand might be in trouble.
I will suggest that a smaller group where ever every one resides, like a group in Nigeria and further divide into states and cities, some in America , Canada and other nations, and once in a year, have a big bang get together with a great forum and talk about what is happening and have some activity to raise funds.
I so much agree with anything to rid Nigeria of all these old junks.
But we need a platform, and to get a platform, we need acess to infos like how much money is coming into the system of Nigeria, how much it will cost of to make electricity in nigeria operational, and how much we need to make water available to everyone and good roads, there is need to let people know what they stand to gain, if they help in the movement.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2008
@fhemmmy

Churchill once said that an army cannot stop an idea whose time has arrived,

lets rise above the fear they tie us down with,

by the time we are growing even soldiers and policemen will have their children amongst us because of the neglect of their baracks,

we will start from here and build a website later when our strenght increaes,

we will not be open until strong if not they will crack down because they know what will happen

when we are ready we will come out like a flood and in peace take back this nation,

the time is now, pass the message to everyone who wants nigeria back
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Fhemmmy: 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2008
inquisitiv:

@fhemmmy

Churchill once said that an army cannot stop an idea whose time has arrived,

lets rise above the fear they tie us down with,

by the time we are growing even soldiers and policemen will have their children amongst us because of the neglect of their baracks,

we will start from here and build a website later when our strenght increaes,

we will not be open until strong if not they will crack down because they know what will happen

when we are ready we will come out like a flood and in peace take back this nation,

the time is now, pass the message to everyone who wants nigeria back

That makes so much sense, however, the day we decided to start on a forum, that is the day we went open and public.
But like i said, i am so in.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by DisGuy: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2008
Haaa another one

I'll join up immediately if and when you actually make one of these legislators sleepless
Police for their incompetency, Expose bribery via Youtube and succeed in showing Okiro
who is forever denying corruption, expose a corrupt lecturer via Youtube

Basically I will join up if and when this becomes real and not just another talk shop wink
kidnap the minister of/for women affairs for being useless cheers!!
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
@dis day,

stop saying if you, say if we, if you can use youtube search for such info and post it, thats the game plan its about all of us. open youtube if you can and let us continue the movement.

more suggestions.

THIS IS THE TIME FOR ACTION.

LETS MOVE,
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
Dis Guy:

Haaa another one

I'll join up immediately if and when you actually make one of these legislators sleepless
Police for their incompetency, Expose bribery via Youtube and succeed in showing Okiro
who is forever denying corruption, expose a corrupt lecturer via Youtube

Basically I will join up if and when this becomes real and not just another talk shop wink
kidnap the minister of/for women affairs for being useless cheers!!

This is why i said we will need everyone to be willing.
We need the students to record the lecturers and video them, and we an easily upload them on the internet.
When next i go home, i will make sure i have enuf video of the police taking bribe egunje duty payment and we can load them on the Youtube.
We can do all that as well, and that might make people start getting worried.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by pilgrim1(f): 7:13pm On Oct 15, 2008
[center]Revo. . ![/center]

Listen up people: I like revolution! If it defines a change, good one - I'm in 24-7!

But hey, the rev starts with us - not towards anyone, but towards ourselves. WE want a change, not so? Who do we want to change? Them?

That is why I so love the practical observation of QuotaSyste. If we start out and bury our heads in the sand when practical issues are before us, the road will be rough. No, not that I'm that given to tribal loyalties; but while we can all agree to take it easy among ourselves here, we should be aware that outside of this platform, it may not be so practicable to ignore or postpone these issues.

I can afford to wear a green polo and carry a green handbag - infact sef, I'm spotting a green dress and large white collars just now - and that's what I've been wearing all day! Don't know why - I just thought in the UK, it might be cool sometimes to showcase something about the Naija in me.

My suggestions in addition to those already made: we need to educate ourselves more than anything else. And I dig the suggestion to expose corrupt lecturers on YouTube - they have our educational wheel in their hands and should be responsible in inculcating sound leadership principles we can all be proud of.

Cheers all.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2008
So there is a call for anyone that has any incriminating evidence recorded or video-taped, to come forward and we will post this on youtube.
I am loving this.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 8:02pm On Oct 15, 2008
if anyone has links to journalists and people who can have access to such videos, direct them to the REVOLUTION they can send the film to us and we post them and since they are not the ones, they will be covered. spread the message, alert every nigerian youth you know.
can we also starting recruiting people we know who are willing to expose corrupt people,
if u have their e-mail forward it

Remember this is the begining of the end of bad leadership if we are bent on making it work.

more suggestions please,

washington once said, when the advance begins there should be no plans to stop,

WE WILL NOT STOP!!
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Seun(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2008
What exactly do you hope to achieve by this? I don't get it. Our youths are as corrupt as the government.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by favcom(m): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2008
Seun:

What exactly do you hope to achieve by this? I don't get it. Our youths are as corrupt as the government.
Good point
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by faoni572(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2008
Seun:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, You have a good point but if anybody have suggestions you people can bring it out, we just have to make Nigeria a better place to live.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by QuotaSyste(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2008
Let you Yorubas and the minorities start the revolution and Igbos will look into it first, see how serious you guys are and then decide to join or not. As for awusas, am sure non of them, and i mean 100% of them will be against any revolution because that will be against their status quo and their source of garri. If you expect any Igbo to join you in your call for revolution, well unless such person is a retard Igbo. We have learnt our lesson the bitter way from you chameleons.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2008
It is a revolution of the mind,change comes to those that understands and wants change,it comes natural but you got to be able to recognize it.You got to visualize your rights,your potentials,abilities,endowments and go for it.You are what you want to be.

Every time international medias talk about world poverty and problems,the only captions they show are either flies infested african children or starving adults scavenging for food,just like yesterday's british metro newspaper,with african children as the front page caption as regards world bitting crunch.,i find it very embarrassing and humiliating.Why do we have to accept that?or are we really sub-humans,lacking the basic abilities to run a society?
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by MissyB1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2008
Inquisitiv
Lmao . . . I like your plans for naija *shakes head*
Firstly . . .Do you love naija and want it to be the best in the world?Yes!!
My bruv . . . so do I.You also think dreams come tru?Yes!! and so do I.

The earlier you wake up from this dream . . . the better.
Out of the 250515 members of nairaland. . . 75% will not see this thread.
Out of the 25% that will . . . 15%will agree with you and swear to co-operate.
Out of the 15% that agrees . . . 2% will reflect on this thread afta they logout
and at the end both the 2% that reflects on it and the remainin' 13% that didn't
will all FORGET about it and not carry out 1/2 the action you stated above.
It's called ''Everyone with his/her business''.The only way naija will become the way you want
her to be is when everyone includin' politicians agree to join hands together
and the bad news is . . .IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by kiwi992(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2008
Seun,

Seun:

Why? - because it's about time that people took direct action in Nigeria, as it's done in other parts of the world.  Surely, not every youth in Nigeria is corrupt or are they?

Governments all over the world listen and eventually succumb to the peoples' demands when they take direct action - peaceful protests, to be precise.  Why should Nigerians sit on the fence when the country is going to the dogs?  What, with all this corruption, yet nothing has changed for decades.  Look at the state of the country.    

As the poster suggested, it's time for direct action.  Soldiers would shoot and kill but that's what happens when you fight to free yourselves from the stranglehold of a corrupt government.  A country in which politicians are out for themselves by robbing the country of its wealth, yet nobody ever stands up to them.

It's about time 'an all and I support direct action.

My suggestion:

-  post every incriminating evidence about a politician/government official on Youtube
   -  name and shame the corrupt politicians in public
   -  camp outside their homes and shame them
   -  place a banner on their homes and rooftops to say that the one is a corrupt politician.
   -  rally everybody (not just the youth) of the country through this Forum and others
   -  harness the power of the Internet - you would be amazed at what it can do
   -  mass e-mail members of this and other Forums
   -  post photos of the various property owned by a politician or government official
   -  leak their bank balances online.

These corrupt practices have gone on for much too long and something has got to be done about it.

Oh yeah, QUOTA - all you ever preach is nothing but tribalism.  What is the matter with you?  Do you really have to see everything in a tribal context?  You complained about the Niger Bridge that's about to collapse.  Don't you think that the corruption in Nigeria has got a lot to do with its current state?  You never fail to amaze me with your tribal sentiments.  You need to change your psyche because when you lot were attacked by Zino-Ben (hope he hasn't been barred from this Forum), his posts were quickly deleted because it caused so much offence to the Ibos, yet you come here to attack other tribes.  You know what?  I'm sick of your tribal sentiments.  I wish you would contribute positively to the betterment of this Forum (which I'm sure you could, if you tried) instead of being constantly involved in tribal bashing.    

kiwi992.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2008
Missy B:

Inquisitiv
Lmao . . . I like your plans for naija *shakes head*
Firstly . . .Do you love naija and want it to be the best in the world?Yes!!
My bruv . . . so do I.You also think dreams come tru?Yes!! and so do I.

The earlier you wake up from this dream . . . the better.
Out of the 250515 members of nairaland. . . 75% will not see this thread.
Out of the 25% that will . . . 15%will agree with you and swear to co-operate.
Out of the 15% that agrees . . . 2% will reflect on this thread afta they logout
and at the end both the 2% that reflects on it and the remainin' 13% that didn't
will all FORGET about it and not carry out 1/2 the action you stated above.
It's called ''Everyone with his/her business''.The only way naija will become the way you want
her to be is when everyone includin' politicians agree to join hands together
and the bad news is . . .IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Why must we have the tendency to give up in this country, its not impossibe look at what happened in ukraine and georgia sometime ago, some thought it impossible then but it happened. lets build the plan and u will be surprised at what will happen.

as for people not seeing the thread, thats why everyone needs to spread it everyplace.

nobody said its easy to climb everest but people have climbed it , just believe
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2008
I'm impressed by the hot blood of these revolutionists here. But at the same time, its very clear that these guys have been living abroad for too long not to know that they cant reach 5% of the nigerian youths through internet not to talk of the entire populace. News flash - illiteracy, no electricity and no access to computer.

Talking of exposing corruption via youtube and internet; it was these same guys who like shouting down on me and all other well meaning nigerians when we point out the messes in the nigerian society that are calling for an internet revolution. Now, that is what i call hypocrisy.

Of course, i'm all in for the revolution but just like quotasyste and his people; these internet revolutionists must prove beyond doubt that back stabbing and hypocrisy will not reappear at the end of the day.

Once beaten, twice shy. cool
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by DisGuy: 4:30pm On Oct 16, 2008
nuzo:

I'm impressed by the hot blood of these revolutionists here. But at the same time, its very clear that these guys have been living abroad for too long not to know that they can't reach 5% of the nigerian youths through internet not to talk of the entire populace. News flash - illiteracy, no electricity  and no access to computer.

Talking of exposing corruption via youtube and internet; it was these same guys who like shouting down on me and all other well meaning nigerians when we point out the messes in the nigerian society that are calling for an internet revolution. Now, that is what i call hypocrisy.

Of course, i'm all in for the revolution but just like quotasyste and his people; these internet revolutionists must prove beyond doubt that back stabbing and hypocrisy will not reappear at the end of the day.

you don't need a computer, electricity and you certainly don't need to be literate to watch on your mobile phones PROFESSORS/LECTURERS soliciting for sex, selling course papers, collecting bribes from jambites/parents.   .   .

if we have something like http://www.mugus.com/ (please don't click on Daniel uchendu) do you really think these people will still have the courage to go back to work after being exposed to the world?

at least if the local media wont publish it, people will distribute these images/videos via bluetooth (remember the hausa actress)and before you know it it's on CNN BBC- and the local media as usual will be blaming foreigners for showing only the bad side
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by presido1: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2008
nuzo:

WORD

Seun banned me b4 cuz i suggested this revolution. why has he not banned the poster this time?. It might just be that quotasystem or whatever is echoing.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by manmustwac(m): 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2008
good idea
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by lucabrasi(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2008
while this is a worthwile idea and the answer to the cancer pervading nigeria,the same thing that has defeated every other laudable idea is rearing its head even now in the thread,"tribalism"

its really sad that in this day and age when the biafra war is tens of years old,some people still hang on to the hatred and mistrust which is preventing a collective condemnation and action to rid nigeria of the mess its in.
just like the jews who lost millions did,lets quit playing this victim game and face the real enemies together,while ibo is going on about yoruba nd hausa and vice versa some politicians are busy flaming the embers of tribalism and distrust because its helping them to perpetuate corruptio and other vices
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by kiwi992(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2008
Hi All,

Nuzo said:

Seun banned me before because i suggested this revolution. why has he not banned the poster this time?. It might just be that quotasystem or whatever is echoing.

Did he?  I'm most surprised to hear that.  Where's the freedom of speech in all of this?  If people can not openly and freely speak their minds, what's the point in being here?

I'm sure that Seun is beginning to realise that with the global membership of this Forum, such action would be deemed as high-handed, autocratic, and indeed, amounts to an abuse of power.

I hope it doesn't happen again because if it does, I'll be out of here in a flash and never to come back.  That said, I would like Zino-Ben to be de-barred if he actually has been barred from this Forum.

I'm all for direct action in Nigeria before the country is finally thrown to the dogs by corrupt politicians who carry on with their thieving ways without facing the full force of the law. 

Direct action is the only solution.  Direct action and Nairaland would be forever remembered in the history of Nigeria. 

kiwi992.
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by deor03(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hey,

I am in total support. This is Not a fight for Nigeria but myself. I carry only one passport( WILL NEVER CHANGE IT FOR ANY REASON) and i can't afford to be ridiculed for the rest of my young life.

@inquisitiv

Please create a group mailing list, then cell units could be created from there.
WE NEED TO TRY not just complaining
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by inquisitiv: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
We will sit and cry no more, we will take the future of our land and secure it for our children. the generation that enjoyed free university education has given us expensive and unworthy university education, the generation that had job immediately after graduation has ensured we all run to other countries because there is no employment at home, they have given us insecurity, illiteracy, unemployment, poverty and hunger. we will cry no more instead we will rise and take what belongs to us in PEACE. if you believe and see what i am seeing then YOU are that saviour that nigeria is waiting for, it starts with YOU. the time is NOW

Group name: nigeriayouthrevolution
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nigeriayouthrevolution
Group email: nigeriayouthrevolution@yahoogroups.com
Re: Its Time For The Revolution: by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2008
Bleep a peaceful revolution lets have a violent take over, my tiv ayatutu are all with me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Heads To Uk For Summit On Somalia With 50 Strong entourage? / Azazi, Along With Jonathan Must Testify In NASS / Governor Uduaghan Speak On Okada Ban (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.