Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,545 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (202580 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
jikajika:
Hello TheRoyalprince. Thanks a lot for all the information you are kindly giving out here. They are very helpful. I have been admitted for PhD and hopefully will hand in my documents to apply for the visa next week. Regarding the bank statement, do I have to show that I have all the funds for the whole four years of study? I'm looking to put in 3 Million in my account on monday. And please how long did it take for the visa to be granted to you after submitting all your documents? Lectures for my programme start on 15th September and I just hope I get the visa before then. Thanks.
Congratulation bro.
3 Million is OK. The reason why i said 4 to 5 Million was because of increase in tuition fee and accomodation fee in most of the schools but notwithstanding you are good to go. The fund is just for a year. When you get to the embassy in Abuja, be free with the woman (consular officer), ask her all the info you need and she will be ready to answer all your question. She is very nice.
olaoluwa13: @royal prince, pls kindly guide me on how to apply to dis school UTAd.pt cos have checked deir site but couldn't see how to apply , admission requirement pls kindly assist me.thanks
Read the thread again. I post the link here before.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
Congratulation bro.
3 Million is OK. The reason why i said 4 to 5 Million was because of increase in tuition fee and accomodation fee in most of the schools but notwithstanding you are good to go. The fund is just for a year. When you get to the embassy in Abuja, be free with the woman (consular officer), ask her all the info you need and she will be ready to answer all your question. She is very nice.

Bro, like when will I hear from them.....
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
moneybag100:
Bro, like when will I hear from them.....
Within a month.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
Congratulation bro.

Thanks a lot man. I hope to submit everything before the week runs out. I was admitted at the University of Coimbra. The reviews I have seen of the town and the university are overwhelmingly positive and I look forward to studying there. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 8:46pm On Aug 10, 2014
[b][/b]@TheRoyalPrince, abt wat jikajika said "I WILL BE PUTIN 3MILLION NAIRA IN MY. ACCOUNT ON MONDAy" won't d embassy consider it as money lodgement?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
@TheRoyalPrince, abt wat jikajika said "I WILL BE PUTIN 3MILLION NAIRA IN MY. ACCOUNT ON MONDAy" won't d embassy consider it as money lodgement?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
jikajika:
Thanks a lot man. I hope to submit everything before the week runs out. I was admitted at the University of Coimbra. The reviews I have seen of the town and the university are overwhelmingly positive and I look forward to studying there. Thanks.
I know some Nigerians in Coimbra. A Nigeran guy, John Ogu also play for FC Coimbra. I will talk to him if am to give you his number when you get your visa. I wish you all the best and am looking towards meeting you in Portugal.
Foza Portugal! Obrigada Erasmus!
tlk2Prince: @TheRoyalPrince, abt wat jikajika said "I WILL BE PUTIN 3MILLION NAIRA IN MY. ACCOUNT ON MONDAy" won't d embassy consider it as money lodgement?
They might consider it but if there's flow in and flow out transactions on the account, he won't have issue.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
@jikajika, howfa do u know if som1 can still apply @Coimbra university for undergraduate course!!! @TheRoyalPrince I undastnd it won't be an ish if there's flow of money in and out. But am not sure he's informed, coz de guy wan jst deposit 3milz neh...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
I know some Nigerians in Coimbra. A Nigeran guy, John Ogu also play for FC Coimbra. I will talk to him if am to give you his number when you get your visa. I wish you all the best and am looking towards meeting you in Portugal.
Foza Portugal! Obrigada Erasmus!

They might consider it but if there's flow in and flow out transactions on the account, he won't have issue.

Would be great to meet you! Yea, I know John Ogu plays for Academica. Obiora Nwankwo recently joined as well. Yes, I have been thinking about the 'money lodgement' issue and from what I have read in another thread here, it is one of the most common reasons for visa refusal. So it does not seem like a good idea for me to put in such a large amount shortly before i get the bank statement for my application (even though it is genuinely set aside for my studies). Indeed my account does not have a lot of transactions- I've been away from the country for a few years and only started using it again in March. So it might be better to use my parents bank statements because they have regular inflow and outflow and also get a sponsorship letter from them. Please what do you think about this? I just want to make this application once and for all because I don't have much time left. A refusal would be sad. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lovesavvi: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2014
@royalprince, Can sumone use relative as sponsorer for portugal student visa application?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 10:01am On Aug 11, 2014
lovesavvi: @royalprince, Can sumone use relative as sponsorer for portugal student visa application?
YES u can!! Have u got admixn in portugal yet? If so wich school?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2014
winkI'd advice u use ur Parents bank statement .. And keep us posted on ur processin wish u VISA SUCCESS
jikajika:

Would be great to meet you! Yea, I know John Ogu plays for Academica. Obiora Nwankwo recently joined as well. Yes, I have been thinking about the 'money lodgement' issue and from what I have read in another thread here, it is one of the most common reasons for visa refusal. So it does not seem like a good idea for me to put in such a large amount shortly before i get the bank statement for my application (even though it is genuinely set aside for my studies). Indeed my account does not have a lot of transactions- I've been away from the country for a few years and only started using it again in March. So it might be better to use my parents bank statements because they have regular inflow and outflow and also get a sponsorship letter from them. Please what do you think about this? I just want to make this application once and for all because I don't have much time left. A refusal would be sad. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by surethings(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2014
pls help me here.....
what we i write before the date? and the declarant should be my name right? i dont want to make any mistake.

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
When I was filling the form... this was required. "Photocopy of the Diplomas/qualification certificates/school training (authenticated by a Consular Agent)" I thought we didn't have to legalize when applying? or what does this one mean? please help me with an answer @ theryalprince

Meanwhile... I went ahead and uploaded my waec there too cos it wouldn't let me submit without uploading anything there. Hope it won't make them reject my application?

sorry for all the questions abeg.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
HelloT: When I was filling the form... this was required. "Photocopy of the Diplomas/qualification certificates/school training (authenticated by a Consular Agent)" I thought we didn't have to legalize when applying? or what does this one mean? please help me with an answer @ theryalprince

Meanwhile... I went ahead and uploaded my waec there too cos it wouldn't let me submit without uploading anything there. Hope it won't make them reject my application?

I did the same thing bro...I upload weac to all the 3 spaces because it won't let you submit without that....
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
surethings: pls help me here.....
what we i write before the date? and the declarant should be my name right? i dont want to make any mistake.
I wrote out the date in full. I think the declarant is supposed to be your signature... that's what I put there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
tlk2Prince: @jikajika, howfa do u know if som1 can still apply @Coimbra university for undergraduate course!!! @TheRoyalPrince I undastnd it won't be an ish if there's flow of money in and out. But am not sure he's informed, coz de guy wan jst deposit 3milz neh...

Bros I'm not sure, I don't know much about the procedure for undergrad applications. If you intend to start next month, it seems a bit late to me. But please don't take my word, it might be best to check out the website of the programme you are interested in. Best wishes.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
jikajika:
Yes, you can use your parent Bank Statement and get sponsor letter from them.
@All, I'm having issue with my device. I might be offline for a while or they may be lil delay in replying you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
tlk2Prince: @jikajika, howfa do u know if som1 can still apply @Coimbra university for undergraduate course!!! @TheRoyalPrince I undastnd it won't be an ish if there's flow of money in and out. But am not sure he's informed, coz de guy wan jst deposit 3milz neh...

You might get relevant info here- http://www.uc.pt/en/fctuc/Candidatos.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
surethings: pls help me here.....
At the space before the date will be name of the day. E.g Monday, and the declarant will be your signature only.
HelloT: When I was filling the form... this was required. "Photocopy of the Diplomas/qualification certificates/school training (authenticated by a Consular Agent)" I thought we didn't have to legalize when applying? or what does this one mean? please help me with an answer @ theryalprince
You're good to go!
jikajika:
Bros I'm not sure, I don't know much about the procedure for undergrad applications. If you intend to start next month, it seems a bit late to me. But please don't take my word, it might be best to check out the website of the programme you are interested in. Best wishes.
Very late. University of Coimbra havee pro and cons when it comes to UG admission.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
@All, I'm having issue with my device. I might be offline for a while or they may be lil delay in replying you.
Bro, again I didn't filled the declaration form...hope that won't be a problem?? Or should I re apply? Sorry for the persistent....just curious and don't want anything that could jeopardize my admission.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Sure, will do that. Will keep you and the thread posted. Thanks a lot.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by surethings(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
JUST SUBMIT THE FORM NOW

Início
Candidaturas Estudante Internacional para ingresso no ano letivo 2014/2015 | International Student Applications to access the 2014/2015

Obrigado, a sua submissão foi recebida. /Thank you, your submission has been received.

Voltar para o formulário /Go back to the form

WHAT NEXT??

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by holyboss: 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys pls help me out, I want to go to portugal for undergraduate program 2014/2015 session. I have OND at lower credit level with my waec. my budget is 1m per year (accomodation inclusive) also the statement of account I can't provide is around 1m-1.5m....Guyz pls what do u tink and can you suggest schools for me

Na most of all will I av to do some exam before I can be admitted
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
moneybag100:
Bro, again I didn't filled the declaration form...hope that won't be a problem?? Or should I re apply? Sorry for the persistent....just curious and don't want anything that could jeopardize my admission.
You have to fill and sign the declarant form.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
surethings: JUST SUBMIT THE FORM NOW
Início
Candidaturas Estudante Internacional para ingresso no ano letivo 2014/2015 | International Student Applications to access the 2014/2015
Obrigado, a sua submissão foi recebida. /Thank you, your submission has been received.
Voltar para o formulário /Go back to the form
WHAT NEXT??
Acceptance Letter.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
You have to fill and sign the declarant form.
hi Rabbi, if one apply now, the admission is for fall or winter? Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2014
I just collect acceptance letter for someone and I was told they have highest application from Nigeria and they might reserve number of place for some courses. Fortunately, I was rest assured that all Nigeria applicants will be treated with utmost priority. I'm still in talk with 2 schools to see if they give concession to applicant from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by HelloT: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I just collect acceptance letter for someone and I was told they have highest application from Nigeria and they might reserve number of place for some courses. Fortunately, I was rest assured that all Nigeria applicants will be treated with utmost priority. I'm still in talk with 2 schools to see if they give concession to applicant from Nigeria.
Awesome.... God bless you bro. Please this one we are applying for, when will session start? and do we have to be in Portugal in September for the enrollment or is it done online?

Also, how long should we wait for the email on instructions on how to pay the application fee? and even to know if we are accepted cos I heard they won't treat your application till you pay application fee and they haven't sent us an email to that regards.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I just collect acceptance letter for someone and I was told they have highest application from Nigeria and they might reserve number of place for some courses. Fortunately, I was rest assured that all Nigeria applicants will be treated with utmost priority. I'm still in talk with 2 schools to see if they give concession to applicant from Nigeria.
Wao you are the best bro and if you see a cheaper school....I will have to re fill the application form so I can print and filled the declarant form may be with different email.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by sextail(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Please can someone help expatiate on the three 2nd cycles; continuity masters, advanced specialization masters and lifelong learning masters
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.