Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (202673 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

cyprus no be yankee.dude i lived and schooled in cyprus before crossing to germany for 8month.
I never said I was going to Cyprus undecided
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
blackmarine:

Yes the lawyer came and interviewed me on december 12th last year, he was nice and i even keep some little money for transport.. i meet him again later and he told me everything was on progress that the embassy would start attending to applicant for visa processing by January and now this February no calls yet.. March 4th is resumption. I was told the consular is not on sit, she is a brazillian woman.
hey guys from experience if your school is resuming on 4th of march and your visa is not yet issued,i would advice you contact your school and explain things to them,ask them to give you an updated admission letter with new date.i had that same problem where my school resumed 3weeks before my visa was issued.portugal is not bad but life is sort of difficult there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 5:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
tdayof:
I never said I was going to Cyprus undecided
ok thats better for you abeg.dont go there
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

ok thats better for you abeg.dont go there
yea... Where r u presently?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
tdayof:
yea... Where r u presently?

am in usa now for a field trip with my supervisor.am working on my thesis
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by blackmarine: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
if portugal is a difficult country, can someone tell me which EU country is good for schooling as well as getting something doing ? please advise
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

hey guys from experience if your school is resuming on 4th of march and your visa is not yet issued,i would advice you contact your school and explain things to them,ask them to give you an updated admission letter with new date.i had that same problem where my school resumed 3weeks before my visa was issued.portugal is not bad but life is sort of difficult there.
Did you school at portugal before?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
How is life in Braganca in terms of getting a good job and studying,,,,
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
moneybag100:

Did you school at portugal before?
no i have been to portugal twice and i have a colleague thiago who is portuguess.the country is hard economy is bad there.if you planning to school in europe
Germany,belgium,norway,denmark,austria,finland,switzerland should be your target.although cost of living is high in norway but they have money.if you think coming to any of the schengen countries gives you automatic access to the mentioned countries then you deceiving yourself.to et work in any of this countries the documents that they request go shock you.travel well if you want to so you dont get stranded
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 8:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
blackmarine:
if portugal is a difficult country, can someone tell me which EU country is good for schooling as well as getting something doing ? please advise
germany
belgium
denmark
norway
switzerland
austria
finland

dont go to any solviet block countries

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

germany
belgium
denmark
norway
switzerland
austria
finland

please take your time apply and travel well.after 8months in cyprus,i moved back to naija and reorganised myself and moved to germany then usa.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

germany
belgium
denmark
norway
switzerland
austria
finland

I have someone schooling in Lithuania, living fine and do goes to finland for work during summer....every european countries are in in economic melt down now and haven't recover from last recession. ..one is just better than other.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
moneybag100:

I have someone schooling in Lithuania, living fine and do goes to finland for work during summer....every european countries are in in economic melt down now and haven't recover from last recession. ..one is just better than other.

dude take my advice pls.we nigerians have sweet mouth from overseas.lithuania is dead meat and i dont doubt him working in finland during summer,but please dis is not applicable to everyone.my brother travel well and you wont regret it.lithuania is part of the schengen countries but they have nothing to offer
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

dude take my advice pls.we nigerians have sweet mouth from overseas.lithuania is dead meat and i dont doubt him working in finland during summer,but please dis is not applicable to everyone.my brother travel well and you wont regret it.lithuania is part of the schengen countries but they have nothing to offer

I understand you bro, they are better than each other. all am saying is no where is paradise. This person is so dare to me and can't lie to me. Sometimes he do buy cars for people in Nigeria and makes some profit just to survive through his study.
You called Lithunia a dead country and what do we call Naija? Although am not planing Lithuania but there are just many opportunities in those countries due to their free border movement.
And what do you say about this nairalander schooling in Lithuania?

If he never chop he go get money for vacation to like 7 countries from Lithuania?

www.nairaland.com/2139271/nairalanders-trip-new-zealand

Different stories bro, May God help us. Even there are opportunities in this dead country called Nigeria and may be I will have to explore it before making any movement.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

Man, Portugal is not the best in schengen zone but please tell me, can't one transfer ECTs from Portugal after a year to a school in aforementioned countries you claimed to be the best in Europe?

Did you move to the US from Germany? Nice having you here.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 9:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
Demaejy:

Man, Portugal is not the best in schengen zone but please tell me, can't one transfer ECTs from Portugal after a year to a school in aforementioned countries you claimed to be the best in Europe?

How far demeajy any call yet? How ur korea process?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
moneybag100:

How far demeajy any call yet? How ur korea process?
Bro, I'm under heat. No call yet, but what's wrong? You heard any news?

Just doing research on S.K..... I sent you pm since last week, u no respond.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Demaejy:

you can only go as exchange student that depends on your school and course of study.you can also transfer but its like looking for admission all over again.i moved for usa for just fieldtrip am working on pyrophilous insect found in nevada and we there to get sample.i will be back to germany by june to defend my thesis.brothers am speaking out of love and experience i went through wrong source and fake agent.i was fortunate because my family decided to give me a 2nd chance,not everyone has or will have such opportunity.see i know guys in lithuania struggling to convert or get the german residency.just follow my advice and bone dos wicked agents.i did all my admission and visa stuff myself.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
moneybag100:

I understand you bro, they are better than each other. all am saying is no where is paradise. This person is so dare to me and can't lie to me. Sometimes he do buy cars for people in Nigeria and makes some profit just to survive through his study.
You called Lithunia a dead country and what do we call Naija? Although am not planing Lithuania but there are just many opportunities in those countries due to their free border movement.
And what do you say about this nairalander schooling in Lithuania?

If he never chop he go get money for vacation to like 7 countries from Lithuania?

www.nairaland.com/2139271/nairalanders-trip-new-zealand

Different stories bro, May God help us. Even there are opportunities in this dead country called Nigeria and may be I will have to explore it before making any movement.

my brother dis is one in a million.as i said lithuania is dead meat no soviet country or eastern european country is good.the only advantage is that there girls entertain blacks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 10:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
kungfumaster:

you can only go as exchange student that depends on your school and course of study.you can also transfer but its like looking for admission all over again.i moved for usa for just fieldtrip am working on pyrophilous insect found in nevada and we there to get sample.i will be back to germany by june to defend my thesis.brothers am speaking out of love and experience i went through wrong source and fake agent.i was fortunate because my family decided to give me a 2nd chance,not everyone has or will have such opportunity.see i know guys in lithuania struggling to convert or get the german residency.just follow my advice and bone dos wicked agents.i did all my admission and visa stuff myself.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 24, 2015
lillaowow:

WORD bro!!!!

i was in germany months ago on short stay visa (wasn't advised properly)

Thankfully, i no dull and my mum supported me through out my "stunt".
i left within some time(before my visa even reach half) i could have been duped by some naija guys in germany with fake promise of normalizing status
Now i am in [st Augustine campus of Uwi in Trinidad with my extension of stay till 2018 and a flexible part time on campus job and with an opportunity to start my post graduate.
it was rough some months ago, now i am happier.
and in a much better situation knowing i can travel between countries at will with less and easier visa application
i dnt condemn anyone trying to get to any country but please, look before you leap. and pls have financial backing at least for six months.
Even if the finances doesn't get to you, believe me, the loneliness can make you cry like a baby grin grin grin
funny, my first comment on this thread was in Nigeria about finishing my NYSC

the worst thing that can happen to you is being an Illegal immigrant in another person's country and BROKE at the same time.. your suffer go long pass 3rd mainland bridge
Good experience you are sharing... At the bolded part, I thought you already studying in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by kungfumaster: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2015
Demaejy:

Good experience you are sharing... At the bolded part, I thought you already studying in Canada?
nice one bro.lets try and tell our brothers the truth back home for our own good.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2015
Demaejy:

Bro, I'm under heat. No call yet, but what's wrong? You heard any news?

Just doing research on S.K..... I sent you pm since last week, u no respond.
I no c ur message o and I didn't hear any news all is blank.....am giving up on them little by little.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 24, 2015
kungfumaster:
nice one bro.lets try and tell our brothers the truth back home for our own good.
Sure, but I think nobody is using agent here. We are all doing things on our own. One step after the other, Portugal is not a paradise but a stepping stone for majority of us. Their leniency with international students in paying tuition fee is very inspiring... We appreciate your shared experience, still looking forward to read more from you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2015
moneybag100:

I no c ur message o and I didn't hear any news all is blank.....am giving up on them little by little.
Not only you. Long expectations weaken mind. I will resend another pm
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2015
Demaejy:

nope, i got denied last year and i got tired of them. Nigeria depressed me a lot while i was there (majorly cos of my friends that did better than me in school still can't find gainful employment and i needed to go back to school but i never enjoyed my university days in Nigeria).

sincerely, there a re so many amazing people in Nigeria willing and ready to learn/work but no opportunity. if i can port 2 people repairing fones and computers in Ikeja here, i go make money tire.

we make schooling hard for ourselves i Nigeria (Lecturers,secretaries in HOD office, HOD,Exams records, etc etc)

opportunities abound so much outside the shores of Nigeria (not that there isn't in Nigeria but you can get easily frustrated with the way things drag on and on) and for you to even show interest, people are ready and willing to help and to them, they are simply doing their job.

They will encourage you to apply for job, encourage you to make good grades, encourage you to travel, encourage you to apply for scholarship. sometimes, it gets to you and you keep asking "if i get this or even close in my country, why running up and down"
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2015
Demaejy:

Sure, but I think nobody is using agent here. We are all doing things on our own. One step after the other, Portugal is not a paradise but a stepping stone for majority of us. Their leniency with international students in paying tuition fee is very inspiring... We appreciate your shared experience, still looking forward to read more from you.
Exactly.
The embassy just called me now.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 1:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
moneybag100:

Exactly.
what did they say?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by lillaowow(m): 8:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
moneybag100:

Exactly.

Wetin dem talk?

Godspeed bro
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tdayof(m): 9:04pm On Feb 24, 2015
lillaowow:

Wetin dem talk?

Godspeed bro
To send an email for document to bring along for visa submission which will take 1month again

Cc:moneybag100

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.