Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria (50928 Views)

Must Read:- Campus Prostitution- The Tale Of A ‘RUNS GAL’[ Part 1] / CAMPUS PROSTITUTION ~~(the Aristos And What Not) What Could Be The Cause? / Secret On How To Persuade Your Lecturers And Accord To Concern In Any Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
maclatunji:

Perhaps the preponderance of failed marriages we now see in Nigeria is a result of their success.

Correct

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: Am glad only you admitted to being stup.id
Like i said ... mügonics on full display .... you are not able to even comprehend what you wrote ... go and read it again bros ... grin

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Why do the ladies do this?

Because most ladies want to look beautiful. And let's be honest...you need cosmetics and the like to look good...as well as fashionable clothes....and all of these cost money. (Guys...how many of you have tried to buy some nice perfume for your lady....and the price sounded like that of a king's ransom. grin).

So, you do the wrong things to enjoy the good life.

Also,many of these girls do not value themselves well.And it is partly society's fault....we tell young women in many ways that they cannot make it on their brain power...that they need a man in their life. Well...they go and get the man....who will open doors for them and help them up the ladder so to speak at that point in time.

I also blame the fact that our economy is oil dependent. Because we live in an economy where sharing money is 'development' and where closeness to the sharing of the money gets you developed...everyone tries his or her best to get close to the cash. And what better way to do so than...you know. If we became an industrial society...people's brains would be the valued commodity.And thus young women would focus on their brains rather than on looking good because that is what the company wants (Of course there are sexist attitudes in industrialized countries).

If we want this to stop....this prostitution in our higher institutions...we have to stop being a dependent society and start being a problem solving, innovative society. So that minds would be valued over bodi and gender.

8 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by ngona(f): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
hod898: I always tell girls, when you enter the university, join a good fellowship gathering, be prayerful and God will provide. Face the hard part now. The more devastating the storm, the sooner it will be over. I once knew a lady who came from a poor family. Very intelligent, diligent and God-fearing, she trusted God and never participated in all these 'I didn't have a choice' immoralities. She graduated with good grades and by God's grace, was employed in a company. She told me her starting salary was about N6000 per day (180,000) per month. During her school years she survived by using her brain. She tutored high school students, she had a choice. Today, she has a marriage proposal from a decent but wealthy man. It's not about the government but the way you govern your life.
. God bless you!!!

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
/
I don't think it is poverty. After all, ladies from rich families do it too.

I think it is the path of least resistance. Good dinner, free drinks, good sleep in a nice hotel and then N20k in the morning. 3 x in a week x 4 weeks in a month = N240k/month. No overhead. Just some occupational hazard that exist in every profession. When your mates are submitting CVs, one failed interview after another, banging some loser bf for a token; she is making more than gainfully employed mates. Just 10pm to 5am shift with a lot of down times. I don't think any aristo wan die on top woman.

After all, how hard is it to remove pants, spread legs and take a d#ck. More like getting paid for fun!

I don't support campus runs...but I can understand

\

9 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
hod898: It's not about the government but the way you govern your life.

even as a man I find the above sentence remarkably inspiring. . thanks!

5 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
iluvpomo: Like you said ... my mügonics on full display .... i'm not able to even comprehend what you wrote ... i will go and read it again sir ... grin

alright just read carefully
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by adbokus(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
Justifying an egregious and despicable living with 'it's relative' hocus pocus!
traware: Its all caused by greed you say?It seems you have no idea how poor Nigerians are and how poor Nigeria as a country is.If those ladies don't sell sex to men,how will they eat?If they don't eat,how will they live to see another day?'Runs girling' is all about survival.Nothing new there.Afterall,the majority of Nigerian ladies do it anyway.Its just a symptom of a larger issue in Nigeria;P.o.v.e.r.t.y.The wealthy will always exploit the poor.Cold world.By the way,@OP the term 'morality' is relative.What may be 'moral' to you,may be 'immoral' to me and vice-versa.There is no absolute clear definition of the term
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
All the guys here are lamenting as if prostitution is a word used for girls alone....Anybody that has multiple partners or indulges in indiscriminate sex is a prostitute...As a guy, you keep many gfs and patronise prostitutes, yet you think you ain't a prostitute? Guy, you be confirmed Ashawo..QED

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: alright just read carefully
It's OK guy ... I know it must be tough for you being a mügü ... allow me some time to go and bring some crayons .... and i will try and break it down to a mügü level for ya bros
grin

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Miscellaneous:

is this all u got to justify this "female trend "? ....smh
smh for yourself wey get lack of comprehension.

I would have said more if I made first page, but I can't waste my intelligent advice on page 2, shey na wetin you been no understand be that?
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by warrior01: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
It's so annoying seeing some people making excuses for these shameful acts. What if they are from poor families? Must it be via prostitution they will make it? What happened to our God given brains and hands? Are they not in school to learn for the betterment of their future and the entire populace? With this kind of mentality, Nigeria is in a big mess cos the youth doesn't believe in hardwork any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
sandijey:

Most of the ones I new in school then we're from abject poverty. In fact many of them sef, their parents dey village but u will never know. Today their in dubai, tomorrow London. The good ones among them rent a flat and put their family in the flat. Buy their father a car. Open small businesses for their mothers and other family members. So if a novice sees the girls family. He would think the family are average because to him the parents are doing business whereas the girl brought them to that level.

Not saying middle class people don't do it buy if u check their background. They got to middle class through this same runs.
stop lying jor. Na so ashewo work dey pay? Abi shey air condition dey their own ni?

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by RebelLeader15(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
P-O-V-E-R-T-Y is a 7 letter word that no God fearing Nation can ever miss, apart from that, some of our nowadays girls are infected with a virus called Ashawoism, they can't do without selling their selves.......

Apart from that, we the buyers should stop buying 2nd hand and 10th hand product, let us patronise good things, marry and face your family #shikena

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
iluvpomo: It's OK sir ... you know how hard it is for me to act real, you know very well i'm a mügü ... allow me some time to go eat shit .... and i will try and be fast sir grin

Don't eat shit, i can give you burger if you want!, you need help Dial 911 please
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: Don't eat shit, i can give you burger if you want!, you need help Dial 911 please
No dude, pomo is what i prefer ... if poo is what you like, i will have to talk to your parents/guardians about your developmental milestones ... while i go get the crayons, occupy yourself with this...
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by bukatyne(f): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
Until all married men face their families, single guys face their front or relationships and campus girls learn contentment, it is a vicious circle that will never stop

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by oppinionated(f): 6:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
onome710: Both the men & the ladies are to blame! Period!

I mean. Its that easy. There is a demand and that is why there is supply.

Face the patronisers first then we will know you are serious OP.

Its always the fault of the women. Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Emmaomotob(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Horayce: Campus Immorality is not a growing concen. A growing concern is this childish preoccupation with what adults choose to do with themselves behind closed doors.
So dumb!!! So we should allow people to waste their lives with reckless abandon?BE YOUR BROTHER's KEEPER!!!
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by squaddy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
And suddenly all the razor-sharp-tongue NL women are silent...WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU FELLAS?

OH lord we are all going to get married to retired whores..SMH

11 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by tunesoft(m): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
An average guy is broke....nd racks his head. on how to quickly make cash..legally without police wahala..hustles sweats...does casual work for a week..nd rakes in 5-7k at d end of d week...An average lady goes broke..nd knows opening her legs for just 5-10mis can fetch her a minimum of 5k..if she's luckly up to 50k. Pls...wat do u xpect. Nigerians are after easy ways of making cash. nd these ladies choose d easy way out. Give most of dem a shop or somefin dat rakes in bits per week..they still wanna go back to olosho Biz. It's d greed...nd love for short cut to making money... Now that been said...I put it to u..that if a guy is to be paid at least 3-5k for using his 3rd leg...nd d market booms like dat for females....u will be amazed that na men go worse for the sex trade biz. It's more of greed..poverty level in d country...buh it's still no xcuse to go into prostituition.

6 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
zboyd:

Responder, either you're in denial or you're a participant.

Such things also happen on college campuses, here in the U.S too...in addition to stripping (dancing for money in men's clubs).

The difference is the practice of campus immortality is not as overt, as it is in Nigeria.

Campus monitors are pretty much vigilant about spotting and preventing any shady business.

In addition, the practice is not so widespread here, since there are so many resources students can access, if they are in need...unlike Nigeria.

he must be an active participant. OPJust crushed his blocus....heheeeeeee
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
eighTHREAD: stop lying jor. Na so ashewo work dey pay? Abi shey air condition dey their own ni?

Oga, live your environment and see how much those girls make. E no dey pay but then dey do hair of 100k and more, buy car of more than 1 million, travel abroad like they are going to Ibadan. Pay for hostel accommodation of 400k per year. Runs dey pay well. Any runs girl u meet wey dey collect 5k or 10k. Its not a runs girl. That one just want to eat or buy food stuff and handout.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by oppinionated(f): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
SAMBARRY: Actually

Errr,supermodels and models do too.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool:

Op you re lame
OP u bad ooo. y u crush dis guy blocus...hahahaha.. nna sensitive
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wow! Am too pretty...that's what's killing most of these girls. Haven't you all noticed that it's the pretty girls that get involved in this despicable act? Just cos God bless them with beauty, they now go the extra mile just to maintain it. They want the latest gucci bag, shoes, latest iphones coupled with the samsung galaxy tab they have...they just want to be worshiped by their fellow female colleagues in the department. Some female posters on this thread are blaming poverty...horseshit! If the idea is to get out of poverty, why do they end up spending the money on things that portray them as showing off? Some poster said if the buyers don't buy, the sellers will run out of business...hogwash! I'll say if the sellers don't sell, the buyers will look for something else to spend their money on because if I approach you offering money for sex and you turn me down, I'll have no choice but to shove my money back into my pocket. Have you guys noticed how this girls flirt when they see a well to do man? Well, they can keep it up but they shouldn't expect a peaceful marriage unless they are married to a wuss who won't seek solace elsewhere cos his wife's body has nothing to offer him.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 6:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
warrior01: It's so annoying seeing some people making excuses for these shameful acts. What if they are from poor families? Must it be via prostitution they will make it? What happened to our God given brains and hands? Are they not in school to learn for the betterment of their future and the entire populace? With this kind of mentality, Nigeria is in a big mess cos the youth doesn't believe in hardwork any longer.
hello brother warrior. Who are the people wey dey buy their market or patronize them.abi na fellow girls dey buy them car for sec.even nollywood glorifies prostitution so if you want to blame, blame the 2 genders because it takes 2 to tango
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Yet another avenue where the government is losing money.
Since everything else has failed to work we should intensify efforts to legalise and regulate this trade ni.
Pocket ya morality for ya self.
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Fourwinds: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
sandijey:

Oga, live your environment and see how much those girls make. E no dey pay but then dey do hair of 100k and more, buy car of more than 1 million, travel abroad like they are going to Ibadan. Pay for hostel accommodation of 400k per year. Runs dey pay well. Any runs girl u meet wey dey collect 5k or 10k. Its not a runs girl. That one just want to eat or buy food stuff and handout.
hmmmmmmm.... in D'banj words....ose
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
sandijey:

^^^ too much of nollywood movies
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
bukatyne: Until all married men face their families, single guys face their front or relationships and campus girls learn contentment, it is a vicious circle that will never stop

thaank you.

See as all of them dey lament like say male prostitution no dey
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Titiluvly: You v hit d nail on d head..its well with you Sir!
it is well with us...

How are you today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nasarawa State University Admission List Is Out / So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red? / List Of 20 Approved Private Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.