Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria (50893 Views)

Must Read:- Campus Prostitution- The Tale Of A ‘RUNS GAL’[ Part 1] / CAMPUS PROSTITUTION ~~(the Aristos And What Not) What Could Be The Cause? / Secret On How To Persuade Your Lecturers And Accord To Concern In Any Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
selflessmaya:
Um, i clearly told you i dont want money, my man provides for me generously. But to answer you again, No i dont want money esp not yours

You'll never know
then what do you need? Sexual satisfaction? Tell me. I wanna know.
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
sandijey:

Encourage ke..... please don't misquote me. I won't take that. Read my post very well. Where did I say prostitution was good in any of my post. I was stating experiences and facts. Except u just have personal beef wiv me, please don't add to my statements. I clearly gave real life examples and brought my arguments so where did I talk about prostitution being good?
@bolded you don't have to state it out that way before one can understand you support it especially when you keep talking of how they build houses for their parents, buy cars for their dad, set up businesses for their mum, employ labour, own oil companies as if their pvssy is the gateway to heaven. An unsuspecting girl might be wooed into prostitution reading your comments.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
women as been a destructive weapon from Genesis since the time of Adam,we need to be very careful,am even shocked for see the low turnout of the ladies who boast themselves as a so called feminist on this forum.life aint fair @ all.we all are sinners but there are some reasonable acts and behaviours that are expected a humanbeing with brains,corruption,prostitution,greed,ritual killings etc aint expected of a normal thinking fellow.
When i was in school things were hard,so hard but God saw me tru...i didnt expect help were i got it.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by mralabs(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Register to be a transformation ambassador and stand a chance to be paid 30 thousand naira
monthly by the Government.
Click and enrich yourself
http://www.tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=157216
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
the way you passionate I support this derogatory trade shows you are still in Business.. big time...
in all you have said, I want you to know three things..
1. lasting happiness especially fulfillment in life can never be bought with money.
2. doing the right thing might bring rejection today but not regrets on your dying bed...
3. our creator will one day ask us, how well did we live our lives?
I am not a runs girl but even if i were i would not deny it cos no one will flog me and even if ppl think i am, how does that affect the ever rising cost of fuel? Ppl who cant affect my life dont get a say in it... HO HA!
1. Lasting happiness can neither be solved with poverty.. it's not like it's either you're poor and happy or you're rich and sad... some are poor and unhappy and some are rich and happy. But there are certain problems poor ppl have that can be solved with money.
2. Let me worry about that, the only things you'll regret when you're old are the things you didnt get to do when you had time and the gift and excuse of youth.
3. Everyone's relationship with his maker is personal. Answer for yourself and i'll do same

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
selflessmaya:
You'll never know
abeg go siddon! Hole na hole.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by DeeMain(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
Lyoncrescent: I don't support runs. When I have my own daughter, I won't want her to engage in runs but let's face the facts.

If you want to play holy you had better make heaven because the runs girl isn't any better or worse than someone who isn't holy. Sin is Sin. That being said, all the runs girls I knew back in university were the first to get married and most cases to rich men. Most of them even go to the US to give birth. Most of the runs girls I know who manage to graduate often tap into their connections either with an old chief or a young corporate executive to get good jobs. Some even do businesses sef.

And few of these runs girls actually get to turn a new leaf when they get married by not being adulterous. These are my own personal experiences with these runs girls o. The girl that doesn't do runs had better be a born again christian and make heaven because sin na sin. If u have sex with one boyfriend for 4 years both of u drinking garri, while runs babe lodges at eko hotel everyother weekend with a different bobo,sin na sin.

Rubbish!

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - Newton's law of motion. It's also called the law of opposites. Everything has an opposite side. Every behaviour/action is a seed that has a harvest. Every behaviour or action is an act of creation. The bible puts it this way: "Give and it will come back to you..."

The more sin you do, the more harm you do unto yourself. You destroy, encumber and poison your body, mind and spirit through repeated sexual immorality/sin.

Se*x is a spiritual exercise. The more people you engage in sex with, the more likely you'll become contaminated with toxic spiritual material and energy. You may become multi-soul-tied, 'many souled.' You may lose yourself and essence from such promiscuity. Many have. Men and women. Walking wounded. Living dead.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
lymelyte:
then what do you need? Sexual satisfaction? Tell me. I wanna know.
I dont need anything, Did i ever say i was lacking anything and needed volunteers?
eighTHREAD: abeg go siddon! Hole na hole.
Wow! You dont say. Really? How would i have known if you hadnt just told me?
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by basty: 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
tracybee: .

PREACH!

A son of perdition would never hear.
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by hayorbaami: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2014
squaddy: And suddenly all the razor-sharp-tongue NL women are silent...WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU FELLAS?

OH lord we are all going to get married to retired whores..SMH

And suddenly everyman is condemning and distancing themselves from prostitution too shocked shocked. Una see life so? grin The same men spending their hard earned or 419 earned cash just to thrust for 10minutes are now expressing their displeasure for prostitution. I laugh. Bloody hypocrites. Let men keep on catching them ladies young in the university, let them keep patronising them ,forgetting these same ladies will end up in their fellow men's homes. And for those shouting ,Karma, last I checked, karma is not gender specific. Patronise all the whores in town, and delude yourself that you will end up with a decent lady with her womb and hymen intact grin grin

@bolded, I didn't think the one man would finally realise that. Shallow things grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2014
eighTHREAD: @bolded you don't have to state it out that way before one can understand you support it especially when you keep talking of how they build houses for their parents, buy cars for their dad, set up businesses for their mum, employ labour, own oil companies as if their pvssy is the gateway to heaven. An unsuspecting girl might be wooed into prostitution reading your comments.

Any girl that is wooed is very dumb then.
It's not by word of mouth. Its something happening every where around us. At age 7 we all start forming our conscience. So we no what is right and what is wrong. I was stating experiences and if all anybody can get from those statements is the negative part. Sorry for the person.
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
___
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Chinwem(f): 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
bxcode:
Suffice me to say that all the points you mentioned are good, considering so many angles that relates to this topic. But one thing is clear, pursuit of money, comfort, luxury etc in bad way is purely born outta greediness and having a materialistic mindset, check out your mums life whom you used as an instance and tell me if she is not living a happy and fulfilled life. One thing is certain, all that glitters is not and can never be gold. After the race, the miles will be counted someday, sometime.

True

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Macuberry(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
traware: Its all caused by greed you say?It seems you have no idea how poor Nigerians are and how poor Nigeria as a country is.If those ladies don't sell sex to men,how will they eat?If they don't eat,how will they live to see another day?'Runs girling' is all about survival.Nothing new there.Afterall,the majority of Nigerian ladies do it anyway.Its just a symptom of a larger issue in Nigeria;P.o.v.e.r.t.y.The wealthy will always exploit the poor.Cold world.
I disagree with you on this matter. If they aren't pushed by greed but poverty(survival) how come these gals use the most expensive phones in town? The cost of their shoes alone is enuf money to feed for close to a month. What are we not saying?

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by ibedun: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Selflessmaya

For Pete's sake - hole na hole!

And the best hole - is the next one.

I under stood the law of diminishing marginal utility through girls like you. And I will date you without giving you a kobo.

You dont generally like those weak dudes that give you all their money.

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
hayorbaami:
And suddenly everyman is condemning and distancing themselves from prostitution too shocked shocked. Una see life so? grin The same men spending their hard earned or 419 earned cash just to thrust for 10minutes are now expressing their displeasure for prostitution. I laugh. Bloody hypocrites. Let men keep on catching them ladies young in the university, let them keep patronising them ,forgetting these same ladies will end up in their fellow men's homes. And for those shouting ,Karma, last I checked, karma is not gender specific. Patronise all the whores in town, and delude yourself that you will end up with a decent lady with her womb and hymen intact grin grin
@bolded, I didn't think the one man would finally realise that. Shallow things grin grin
Lol, abi o. as if the runs girls are f*cking themselves, it's men that patronize them and call them back the next day and spoil them with things.. All the men spewing venom on this thread, how many of them can vouch they've never cheated in a relationship since that's what's ideal? How many of them are saving themselves for marriage? Self entitlement and delusion at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibedun: Selflessmaya

For Pete's sake - hole na hole!

And the best hole - is the next one.

I under stood the law of diminishing marginal utility through girls like you. And I will date you without giving you a kobo.

You dont generally like those weak dudes that give you all their money.
Hahaha, well you cant give what you dont have...
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by ibedun: 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
selflessmaya:
Hahaha, well you cant give what you dont have...

Money is the last thing I need to f**k people like you! Trust me!

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: you re one terrible person, why shit for God sake! dial 911 for help
more mügonics on display by donnyfööl ... you can edit me when you quote but it does not change the original .... LOL ....donnyMügü
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
iluvpomo: more mügonics on display by iluvpomo ... i can try to act like a saint but i totally am not.... cry ....iluvpomo

dial 911
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by squaddy(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
hayorbaami:

Very weak defense...Forget the smileys and all someone is really pained!!!

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
ibedun:

Money is the last thing I need to f**k people like you! Trust me!
do you really know her? Coz many married couples dont really know themselves!
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by hayorbaami: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
squaddy:

Very weak defense...Forget the smileys and all someone is really pained!!!

Defe-wetin. We no dey court of law and I don't owe anyone anything, so don't get it twisted, aint defending nothing. Just came to laugh at hypocrites and pretenders but quoted you cos it seemed you were the only one that got the drift or better still refused to live in denial. cheesycheesy
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by yinkusnoni(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
hod898: I always tell girls, when you enter the university, join a good fellowship gathering, be prayerful and God will provide. Face the hard part now. The more devastating the storm, the sooner it will be over. I once knew a lady who came from a poor family. Very intelligent, diligent and God-fearing, she trusted God and never participated in all these 'I didn't have a choice' immoralities. She graduated with good grades and by God's grace, was employed in a company. She told me her starting salary was about N6000 per day (180,000) per month. During her school years she survived by using her brain. She tutored high school students, she had a choice. Today, she has a marriage proposal from a decent but wealthy man. It's not about the government but the way you govern your life.
all that glitters are not gold bro.... nobi everybody get the same destiny!!!!

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by mindurbiznes: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2014
sekem sekem

oh ok you are finding my mouth

who amongst u here isn't a prostitut uh?

what do you call s*x merely in exchange for sensual gratification? mtchew

sekem sekem skelewu
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Sunbellar: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Vivipop: "I was molested by five men when I was just 16 years old and in my final year in secondary school, so it affected me psychologically and the incident contributed to what I am today. I am also the first child of my parent's eight children. I need to struggle and sponsor myself in school and also help sponsor my younger ones because my parents are poor. So I do this to survive". Shallow excuses, I think Greed is the root cause of campus prostitution.
Are you serious? How were you able to overcome the trauma and pain of having 5 men at that age?
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by faceve: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
I hv seen many girls just becos of dey want to live big dey have become runs babes,its in their dat u will see different kinds of ipad
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by mindurbiznes: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
zboyd: Nigeria: Menace of Campus S*x Trade
By Blessing Undoidi

The growing rate of campus s*x trade in our tertiary institutions is becoming a cause for concern. It is no longer news that politicians, lawmakers, businessmen and other well-placed men in the society are the major people patronizing female students . When you visit female hostels at night, you will be amazed at the kind of flashy cars that come to pick up these young undergraduates for one function or the other. This is pathetic for this nation and its people. The same set of misguided leaders that have thrown the parents of these students into abject poverty, are the same ones destroying their children; because they control the means of survival and social status.

A student involved in the 'trade' who doesn't want her name in print said she is not happy doing it. She said people including the wide array of men who patronize her see her as immoral and indecent. "I was molested by five men when I was just 16 years old and in my final year in secondary school, so it affected me psychologically and the incident contributed to what I am today. I am also the first child of my parent's eight children. I need to struggle and sponsor myself in school and also help sponsor my younger ones because my parents are poor. So I do this to survive."

Another student in an interview with this writer said almost all tertiary institutions, either public or privately owned, have a representation of women of easy virtue. She said many female students are brazenly joining the train. "They are increasing on a daily basis because the ladies are being encouraged and initiated by their friends, added with an inordinate desire for affluence. Religious teachings, scourge of HIV/AIDS and ritual killers that find easy prey among s*x workers has not been able to curb the rising trend of the practice."

She said there is no doubt that the s*x trade, in the long run, corrupts the quality of the nation's future leaders and affects their values. Understanding that young females constitute an appreciable percentage of the nation's population, little could be expected from them, productively, if they have been turned into 'cheap se*ual machines' with warped self-esteem and self-actualization.

Commenting on the issue, a lawyer, Terver Loius Abagen, said campus s*x trade is the business of having s*x for money by female students. "This type of immorality is certainly not a new thing. The history of this type of immorality can be likened to the history of mankind, because every civilization has practiced it. Modern persons continue to patronize s*x workers. Even the name has now changed to "commercial s*x workers", in an attempt to lessen the stigma of the women who practice this trade.

"Notable people all over the country are known to patronize s*x workers, which is the major reason why the business continues to thrive in spite of global criticisms against it. Many of the big men in our society, who patronize them, do so discreetly and urge them to keep it up while coming to the open to fight for bills on why s*x workers should keep off the streets, and this profession is likely to equal the world oil market in the nearest future," he said.

According to him, several attempts have been made to curb the s*x trade through the Penal Code in Section 34 which states, 'Right to Dignity of human person. Every individual is entitled to respect for dignity of his person and accordingly - a) No person shall be subjected to torture or inhuman degrading treatment'. It should be noted that the s*x trade can be one of the elements of degradation. Also in State Law it says, they can be arrested and given two years imprisonment and can be charged with the fine of N20,000.

He said many arrests have been made in the past, especially with the help of Civil Societies, "but the Nigerian society has failed to arrive at a consensus on how to legally handle this blooming profession. While some people prefer that it be outlawed, others have sympathetically justified the profession on the bad economy of the country and feel that outlawing the s*x trade will further victimize the victims, so there is confusion on what steps to take to reduce the s*x trade."

He advised that the campus s*x trade can be stopped or reduced, if tertiary institutions can make laws to prohibit the practice on the campuses, arrest anybody caught in the act and, hand them over to the appropriate authorities for prosecution. He said, if these laws are put in place, it will pose a threat to others intending to venture into such a business within the campus environment and the country at large.

Barrister Abagen stressed that the parents also have a significant role to play in stopping or reducing the s*x trade on campuses. He enjoined parents to teach their children good morals from home. "They should also strive to meet the needs of their children in school. Many parents don't have time to check on their children and know what they are doing with their lives. They are carried away with their jobs, family problems and their financial challenges."

"The government is also not helping matters with the rate of unemployment in the country and the high cost of attaining higher education. The government should improve funding of the education sector in order to drastically reduce the cost of attaining higher education in the country," he advised.

Related Video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7lgHrG0pE

sekem sekem

oh ok you are finding my mouth

who amongst u here isn't a prostitut uh?

what do you call s*x merely in exchange for sensual gratification? mtchew

sekem sekem skelewu
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by ebosse(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
safarigirl: Lol..tried to make first page, but....

I feel like whatever's on the second page doesn't receive much views so you might as well not bother posting your views. It's usually a waste of opinion since most people don't bother reading page 2.

@topic, the day customers stop patronising a seller, her market will close. Na wetin I get to talk be that, I no fit waste talk on top second page

Well, I read your 2nd page post haha.

What u r saying is don't blame the girls blame the guys for patronizing them right?.... This is like saying don't blame the guys who r*ape girls instead blame the girls for wearing mini skirts , hot pants and spag...

If we keep deceiving ourselves we will never get it right!!!... The girls are to be blamed 100% just like d guys should take 100% blame for rape!! ... No excuses!

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by lymelyte(m): 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
selflessmaya:
I dont need anything, Did i ever say i was lacking anything and needed volunteers?

Wow! You dont say. Really? How would i have known if you hadnt just told me?
yes you said u needed me to fcccck ur a**s hole.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: dial 911
I just did and asked them if they could save donnyfool, the responded that one na lost case, him be Capt donnyMugu grin
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
Shebi una see the millions wey dis gehs dey call here ehn. Una go allow pederal gofament suck my small salary finish in the name of tax angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid / Nasarawa State University Admission List Is Out / So Many People Will Get This Wrong: What Is The Opposite Of Red?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.