Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria (50974 Views)

Must Read:- Campus Prostitution- The Tale Of A ‘RUNS GAL’[ Part 1] / CAMPUS PROSTITUTION ~~(the Aristos And What Not) What Could Be The Cause? / Secret On How To Persuade Your Lecturers And Accord To Concern In Any Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Liability(m): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
Lol..tried to make first page, but....

I feel like whatever's on the second page doesn't receive much views so you might as well not bother posting your views. It's usually a waste of opinion since most people don't bother reading page 2.

@topic, the day customers stop patronising a seller, her market will close. Na wetin I get to talk be that, I no fit waste talk on top second page

5 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Its pure greed and insatiable appetite for what one cannot afford. Poverty is innocent o

5 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Pavore9: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Unfortunately there is a high demand for their services............................ a vicious cirlce!angry

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by delishpot: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
traware: I don't believe this your bullsh.it story.All you did was remix 'Snow white and the seven dwarfs' fairytale

Abi? As if every girl that struggled during school days will definitely get a juicy job and rich husband 100% guaranteed if they graduate.
I understand if they talking from moral point of view. But to say every poor struggling student that shuns immorality will land big job is fabulous.
I know a lot of runs girls with good jobs, now. Good hubbies, good kids, and plenty plenty more while some sister caro's are married to men that don't love them, men they suffered with when poor and later treated them like a shit.
Our destinies are in God's hands, he can change Saul to Paul and change a deciple to evil person who will betray.

13 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by retepmurt(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
The advent of bbm,social media like badoo,twoo,facebook has worsened the menace.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
donnypool: Op you re lame
Look at who is lame ... you quoted the whole and long OP's post just to say that ... #LameInc

7 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
The main problem with campus girls is "OLOJUKOKORO" long throat! Check well they don't do any thing good with the money even the rich girls do it.

Peer presure and lazyness are the greatest factors causing this problems they want the best phones, best clothes jewelry shoes............ The list is endless. To me I feel it depends on the type of home training you got when growing up.

8 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Vivipop(f): 4:36pm On Aug 03, 2014
"I was molested by five men when I was just 16 years old and in my final year in secondary school, so it affected me psychologically and the incident contributed to what I am today. I am also the first child of my parent's eight children. I need to struggle and sponsor myself in school and also help sponsor my younger ones because my parents are poor. So I do this to survive". Shallow excuses, I think Greed is the root cause of campus prostitution.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
hod898: I always tell girls, when you enter the university, join a good fellowship gathering, be prayerful and God will provide. Face the hard part now. The more devastating the storm, the sooner it will be over. I once knew a lady who came from a poor family. Very intelligent, diligent and God-fearing, she trusted God and never participated in all these 'I didn't have a choice' immoralities. She graduated with good grades and by God's grace, was employed in a company. She told me her starting salary was about N6000 per day (180,000) per month. During her school years she survived by using her brain. She tutored high school students, she had a choice. Today, she has a marriage proposal from a decent but wealthy man. It's not about the government but the way you govern your life.
You v hit d nail on d head..its well with you Sir!
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Bookmarker: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
Just like unemployment, hunger and wickedness, this can't be solved. It's a pity we have to live with it. Vitoria e certa
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by donktrax(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2014
hod898: I always tell girls, when you enter the university, join a good fellowship gathering, be prayerful and God will provide. Face the hard part now. The more devastating the storm, the sooner it will be over. I once knew a lady who came from a poor family. Very intelligent, diligent and God-fearing, she trusted God and never participated in all these 'I didn't have a choice' immoralities. She graduated with good grades and by God's grace, was employed in a company. She told me her starting salary was about N6000 per day (180,000) per month. During her school years she survived by using her brain. She tutored high school students, she had a choice. Today, she has a marriage proposal from a decent but wealthy man. It's not about the government but the way you govern your life.

God bless u 4 sharing this, same happened with my sisters and they are in high places today, 'values' and 'principles' is what makes a person. We see kids grow into adults all without values. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by sod09(m): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
I hate it wen peeps give excuse on poverty or losing once parent.....its doesn't make sense, everyone is responsible for their action.

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by deeptesting(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Everything depends on you.
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
sirjohnson: .
Talkcentral: y
denkyw: Å
Chei, i don catch 3 space bookers in a row .....all simultaneously at 4.26pm
grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
The truth is that it is not peculiar to Nigeria.The right amount of money will make majority of the students put their back to the ground. The basic theory is dat whether a gurl is putting her back to the ground becasue of15k (Nigeria student average cost) or for $1,000,000 ; all of them na ashewo na only their price different. cool

The bible has summarised it by stating that the love of money is the root of all evil. Whenever you see evil, money is directly or indirectly connected to it.

5 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by skullz: 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
They all want to own Blackberries and buy the latest tech gadgets even though most of them don't even know how to operate it.

Their families would be thinking they are in school meanwhile they are busy traveling round the whole 36states and beyond straffing high valued targets grin.
In doing all these they would never ever agree to the fact that they are prostitutes.

After forking 80 different men they come back to tell you "Look I'm not a prostitute".

They walk around with very big handbags full of pants and daily basic supplies. Because they don't even know where they might spend the night or weekend.

When they hear about Nigerian girls in Italy doing prostitution, they be like "Godforbid I can never go into prostitution no matter what"

Who are they deceiving??

THEMSELVES!!grin

Uniport students recently went on strike in protest for the hike in fees........why can't those runs babes there introduce some form of subsidy for other students. #JustSayinggrin

14 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by pendusky(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
A topics for concern. I sense those in quotes are reading this page now. pls try and change biko.

BTW.

abeg can someone tell mourinho to make changes?

Werder Bremen 2:0 Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by sexiestharam(f): 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2014
M
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by GentleMimi: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
bestads: NO FEMALE HAS REPLIED THIS POST......What it means that more than 90% of the females here on nairaland are guilty of campus sextrade because of greed to have blackberry, iphone, samsung galaxy and be known as a big girl on campus...period
Grow small brain,mbok...make your sense develop wella for the betterment of our nation. So because awon babes no comment,na hin make dem guilty. Nna,na wa by you ooo. Na so e take dey do you?

@ topic,so many factors come in to play. Upbringing....some kids are just never taught to be satisfied. Contentment is something our parents should learn to enforce on kids.
Peer pressure too.
Greed.
Social media plays a role. The sort of messages being passed are crazy these days. No moral values. Infact,immorality is encouraged.
Our men! Husbands,fathers,brothers,uncles. These same peeps patronize the girls but still come here to rub their self-righteousness in our faces! If these girls are not encouraged,the act of prostitution will stop! So until the ''closet prostitute-lovers'' learn to stop using these girls,prostitution in our schools will remain.

4 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by sirjohnson(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2014
iluvpomo: Chei, i don catch 3 space bookers in a row .....all simultaneously at 4.26pm
grin grin

You get time oo

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by kellywoods: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
zboyd: Nigeria: Menace of Campus S*x Trade
By Blessing Undoidi

The growing rate of campus s*x trade in our tertiary institutions is becoming a cause for concern. It is no longer news that politicians, lawmakers, businessmen and other well-placed men in the society are the major people patronizing female students . When you visit female hostels at night, you will be amazed at the kind of flashy cars that come to pick up these young undergraduates for one function or the other. This is pathetic for this nation and its people. The same set of misguided leaders that have thrown the parents of these students into abject poverty, are the same ones destroying their children; because they control the means of survival and social status.

A student involved in the 'trade' who doesn't want her name in print said she is not happy doing it. She said people including the wide array of men who patronize her see her as immoral and indecent. "I was molested by five men when I was just 16 years old and in my final year in secondary school, so it affected me psychologically and the incident contributed to what I am today. I am also the first child of my parent's eight children. I need to struggle and sponsor myself in school and also help sponsor my younger ones because my parents are poor. So I do this to survive."

Another student in an interview with this writer said almost all tertiary institutions, either public or privately owned, have a representation of women of easy virtue. She said many female students are brazenly joining the train. "They are increasing on a daily basis because the ladies are being encouraged and initiated by their friends, added with an inordinate desire for affluence. Religious teachings, scourge of HIV/AIDS and ritual killers that find easy prey among s*x workers has not been able to curb the rising trend of the practice."

She said there is no doubt that the s*x trade, in the long run, corrupts the quality of the nation's future leaders and affects their values. Understanding that young females constitute an appreciable percentage of the nation's population, little could be expected from them, productively, if they have been turned into 'cheap se*ual machines' with warped self-esteem and self-actualization.

Commenting on the issue, a lawyer, Terver Loius Abagen, said campus s*x trade is the business of having s*x for money by female students. "This type of immorality is certainly not a new thing. The history of this type of immorality can be likened to the history of mankind, because every civilization has practiced it. Modern persons continue to patronize s*x workers. Even the name has now changed to "commercial s*x workers", in an attempt to lessen the stigma of the women who practice this trade.

"Notable people all over the country are known to patronize s*x workers, which is the major reason why the business continues to thrive in spite of global criticisms against it. Many of the big men in our society, who patronize them, do so discreetly and urge them to keep it up while coming to the open to fight for bills on why s*x workers should keep off the streets, and this profession is likely to equal the world oil market in the nearest future," he said.

According to him, several attempts have been made to curb the s*x trade through the Penal Code in Section 34 which states, 'Right to Dignity of human person. Every individual is entitled to respect for dignity of his person and accordingly - a) No person shall be subjected to torture or inhuman degrading treatment'. It should be noted that the s*x trade can be one of the elements of degradation. Also in State Law it says, they can be arrested and given two years imprisonment and can be charged with the fine of N20,000.

He said many arrests have been made in the past, especially with the help of Civil Societies, "but the Nigerian society has failed to arrive at a consensus on how to legally handle this blooming profession. While some people prefer that it be outlawed, others have sympathetically justified the profession on the bad economy of the country and feel that outlawing the s*x trade will further victimize the victims, so there is confusion on what steps to take to reduce the s*x trade."

He advised that the campus s*x trade can be stopped or reduced, if tertiary institutions can make laws to prohibit the practice on the campuses, arrest anybody caught in the act and, hand them over to the appropriate authorities for prosecution. He said, if these laws are put in place, it will pose a threat to others intending to venture into such a business within the campus environment and the country at large.

Barrister Abagen stressed that the parents also have a significant role to play in stopping or reducing the s*x trade on campuses. He enjoined parents to teach their children good morals from home. "They should also strive to meet the needs of their children in school. Many parents don't have time to check on their children and know what they are doing with their lives. They are carried away with their jobs, family problems and their financial challenges."

"The government is also not helping matters with the rate of unemployment in the country and the high cost of attaining higher education. The government should improve funding of the education sector in order to drastically reduce the cost of attaining higher education in the country," he advised.

Related Video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7lgHrG0pE

WTF: SEE AFROCANDY WENT NU*DE TO DANCE WITH STRIPPERS TO DANCE O STAGE IN A STRIP CLUB IN LAGOS

Continue here to see the video which i cant bring here due to barn issues and policies of nairaland:

http://fikimaniaentertainment..com/2014/08/afrocandy-goes-naked-to-stage-to-dance.html
Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
sirjohnson: You get time oo
I get the technology cool

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Omomehn: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Ask them hw they make their money and all u will hear is "am a model". Na dem be olosho

12 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by Funjosh(m): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
"this profession is likely to equal world oil market in the nearest future"

Chai! See buisiness shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by iluvpomo(m): 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
To be quite frank, fresh University punny is very sweet .... no ask me how i know, just take it as fact cool

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by duni04(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
OP needs to travel out and see how far girls in US or UK have taken this thing. Nigerian uni girls are small girls compared to those ones. The point is as long as there are unhappy married men or single unmarried men with money, there will always be girls to meet whatever needs they have. Its not a Nigerian thing, its everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by IAMBREEZY: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Campus Prostitution: A Growing Concern In Nigeria by cococandy(f): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Laws of demand and supply

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

ASUU: We Are Ready To Resume / Ibadan Polytechnic Burnt Seized Phones Worth N15m (Photos) / El-rufai Shares Pictures Of Test Scripts Conducted For Kaduna Teachers - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.