Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! (15926 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Thebrightest(m): 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
priscaoge:
Hehehehehe grin grin grin grin and by So doing there won't be any dunce in ur house cheesy grin cheesy grin....

IQ test on my mind undecided undecided

Ok then, answer this:
What is not the sex of Mary uncle's friend who has only male friends of opposite gender and whose niece have a female friend?
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by amichaelz101(m): 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Get him a lappy and necesary tinx, and u wil see his nt dull.lol *born to scam*
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Sunshinelady(f): 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
uboma:

You lack the ability to comprehend my post so I wouldn't even bother breaking it any further for you or anyone else in your shoes because you still won't get it. Do as you wish with the child and even your children too. Give them names, call them DULLARDS, they are your kids or supposedly loved ones. And watch them improve because you tagged them *dullards*.
. D problem wit u is dat u r takin dis whole thin too personal. Its wen u call a spade a spade dat u ll get to understand wat d spade can be used for, but if u keep pretendin dat d spade is a knife in order not to hurt the feelings of d spade den u ll probably not knw wat to do wit a spade . Wat am trying to say is dis; in as much u won't call d boy a dullard to his face, u wuld hav to accept d fact dat d child is unintelligent. From d instances dat tucees gave above, I tink d child is truly not intelligent. Dat doesn't mean d child is useless, he could be useful in otheer things dat doesn't require thinking & IQ and stuff. He could be very strong physically & become an important body guard in future, he could be good at farming, moulding, sewing, etc. So I tink d parents shuld just stire him towards d direction of somthin dat doesn't require IQ, instead of forcing him to be wat he's not

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by scribble: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
funny thread...

these kind of kids are just in the wrong system and will thrive in the ones that fit them eventually

the proverbial black sheep

they always rise like the midget from game of thrones but still you can advise the parents to be as harsh as Daddy Lannister

dont spare the rod
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
I have a cousin with that same case, she is academically a block head but when it comes to being creative with things, Bisi is quite a genius!
while growing up, she always tell her mum that school is not meant for her, but nobody cares to listen until she got to sss3 and she decided it's time to stop and enroll herself in a saloon as an apprentice, God's willing she is a successful hair maker now.
School is not meant for everyone, parent should just take time and study their children very well and see where their interest lies.

5 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by piagetskinner(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Did the said boy fall ill during his early years of development....some illnesses could hamper cognitive development in children...it could be a case of dyslexia
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Embosman: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
You people should hit the nail on the head. The op wants to help the child ACADEMICALLY. why suggest talent? Personally, I believe excellence in school is by choice. I was a blockhead in pry 2. Infact I repeated it. my grandfather changed my school in pry 3 for the better though and I realised the money was too much for me to be carrying last so I stepped up my game. balling ever since. Talk to the child, everybody has the ability to comprehend. maybe he doesn't know how to study. talk to him serioisly and truthfully on the VALUE of education and help him realise the importance.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
ur uncles child or ur cousin?
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ranchhoddas: people like you piss me off.

yours must be in the range of 50-59 wink tongue
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
nedu2000: I know most parents talk about how their kids finish 1st in class then who's the child that finishes last!!
My uncle's 16-yr-old child is such a person,he's dad bribed his way into secondary after he failed common entrance,after repeating JS1 and JS 2 twice,his dad was called in by his school principal(govt school) to come and carry away his ward!!My uncle not knowing what to do,send my cousin down to Lagos to live with us and join my little brother in his school(they are both age-mates but my brother is in SS3).
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba.He also possesses criminal tendencies as he forged his last term results,he doesn't write notes claiming he's a slow writer and its a natural liar. His parents are confused.
Surely there are parents who's wards aren't(weren't) doing well academically,what's the way out? sad
He is cursed
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
adrainuche: Am.quite sure u have a low IQ by the way it seems obsolete i dis post

by their posts, ye shall know them
this post automatically disqualifies you tongue
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
DONMAYOR19: 22nd/24 for 3 consecutive times u said? If is true, then the boy is brilliant, he is brilliant because he is above two people in 3 attempt....no be person dey score 23/24 and 24/24? grin
the other 2 could've been ill!! Remember this is his 3rd attempt in the same class,the questions of exams albeit different schools should be familiar with him haba
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olekumaster: ur uncles child or ur cousin?
my uncle's child is my cousin undecided

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Sarhamsyn(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
Kill him or giv am bush meat chop #Ebola tinz cheesy
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Ranchhoddas: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
alutacontinua:

yours must be in the range of 50-59 wink tongue
am i supposed to react to this?sorry i refuse to condescend to your level!*tongue out*
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
mackmanuel:
He is cursed
so maybe a trip to TB joshua would've helped?as his dad also proposed
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
mackmanuel:
He is cursed
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
piagetskinner: Did the said boy fall ill during his early years of development....some illnesses could hamper cognitive development in children...it could be a case of dyslexia
whoopi Goldberg has it,hmmm so what's the way out?that would b terrible,this isn't the US of A
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
There's no such thing as being a dullard. he was not born that way. Something definitely happened down the line during his formative years. parents should understand that they're the first teacher that their child will come across and they have to teach and show that child the way before sending such child to a traditional school. Something can still be done but it will be very difficult. I'm really not a stickler for conventional schooling, so i'll suggest that discover a talent that he has and harness it. Everybody's talent must not end in a school. There's something that child knows better than millions of people.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by EngrOloye: 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
He or she can't be apprenticeship blackhead.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
sammyjay3: Check yourself you're probably a blockhead when u were young like your child...... I think with time he'll improve like you, maybe the child inherit it 4rm u
hahahaha!I never repeated a class o & I represented st finbarr's at cowbell's maths competition
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
adrainuche: Am.quite sure u have a low IQ by the way it seems obsolete i dis post
Chai, English hard ooh!
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by EngrOloye: 9:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
He or she can't b apprenticeship blockhead
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
DONMAYOR19: 22nd/24 for 3 consecutive times u said? If is true, then the boy is brilliant, he is brilliant because he is above two people in 3 attempt....no be person dey score 23/24 and 24/24? grin
Technically True....
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Ndipe(m): 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
lildrop: pesin wey is IQ low go do IQ test fr anoda fellow...... aw d fellow no go pass d test weird lipsrsealed

read this your post again and tell me if you're qualified cheesy
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
kobonaire: @Nedu2000 worry not .... He has a bright future among Nigeria's political elite. The only decision he has to make is PDP or APC
lol

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Itoroetti:

i doubt if u are a graduate.
how does dis concern GEJ?What have ur fadaa achieved in his miserable life?
someone with phd is what u refer to as blockhead.
if u dont respect people's fada,dont expect urs to earn any respect.
seconded
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
victorVIC1: This thread reminds me of the Indian movie "like stars on earth" Every star irrespective of its size sure has its own significance...Let his dad get him a very good private teacher.He should also be disassociated from friends with academic incompetence cos the company u keep will go a long way In determining how far u are willing to go in life
Indian What?
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
alutacontinua:

read this your post again and tell me if you're qualified cheesy
grin am grown........
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by mondaypaul77(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
The Guy is the next igbo Big time trader. He don't need classroom education to be a great man.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by sammyjay3(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
nedu2000: hahahaha!I never repeated a class o & I represented st finbarr's at cowbell's maths competition
hmmm i see..hope u won't mind teaching me mathematics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? / How I Ruined My Life By Borrowing From Loan Sharks / Should I Be More Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.