Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! (15904 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Ranchhoddas: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
There is no such child...read gifted hands by Ben Carson and help yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
ok . not every person is going to be academic
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by iswallker(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
alutacontinua: It's not possible wink
that's why I perform IQ test on any guy that comes close to me cheesy

Funny
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by priscaoge(f): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes: True true, angry
Enwelu ITI bu iti, nke mpataka cheesy
Iti nke mpataka na enweghi nmekwata grin
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by GboyegaD(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
You people should help him understand how best he assimilates and once he gets that, things will get better. Do you guys taunt him for his non-performance? Are there other things that interest him that he is willing to try? This and many more in my opinion should be where you should start rather than concluding by tagging him as you have done.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Ranchhoddas: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
people like you piss me off.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by ocheejemb: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
nedu2000: I know most parents talk about how their kids finish 1st in class then who's the child that finishes last!!
My uncle's 16-yr-old child is such a person,he's dad bribed his way into secondary after he failed common entrance,after repeating JS1 and JS 2 twice,his dad was called in by his school principal(govt school) to come and carry away his ward!!My uncle not knowing what to do,send my cousin down to Lagos to live with us and join my little brother in his school(they are both age-mates but my brother is in SS3).
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba.He also possesses criminal tendencies as he forged his last term results,he doesn't write notes claiming he's a slow writer and its a natural liar. His parents are confused.
Surely there are parents who's wards aren't(weren't) doing well academically,what's the way out? sad

He may be dyslexic. He must have some strengths. School isn't really for everyone, but an education is very important.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by ChristineC: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
How does parents' IQ determine that of the children?
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by adrainuche(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Am.quite sure u have a low IQ by the way it seems obsolete i dis post
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Descartes: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
priscaoge:
Iti nke mpataka na enweghi nmekwata grin
grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by UjSizzle(f): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Not everyone is book smart. Just find out what special vocational skill he's got and let him work from there.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by iswallker(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
nedu2000: I know most parents talk about how their kids finish 1st in class then who's the child that finishes last!!
My uncle's 16-yr-old child is such a person,he's dad bribed his way into secondary after he failed common entrance,after repeating JS1 and JS 2 twice,his dad was called in by his school principal(govt school) to come and carry away his ward!!My uncle not knowing what to do,send my cousin down to Lagos to live with us and join my little brother in his school(they
both age-mates but my brother is in SS3).
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba.He also possesses criminal tendencies as he forged his last term results,he doesn't write notes
cool claiming he's a slow writer and its a natural liar. His parents are confused.
Surely there are parents who's wards aren't(weren't) doing well academically,what's the way out? sad

He's on drugs. Send him to rehab...

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Ranchhoddas: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
ChristineC: How does parents' IQ determine that of the children?
genes matter but it's mostly nurture over nature.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by iceberylin(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
priscaoge:
grin grin grin The guy de vex cheesy
like say en piken na Block_Head

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by lonelydora: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
You people should not force him to go to school, there other things he can do.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by elari(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
cococandy: Help him discover his talent and invest in it.

Tuface isn't a graduate.
#justsaying

Tuface ain't a graduate yet he went to IMT Enugu. Guy reason am now
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by shejane: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
I understand what his parents are going thru, the same thing happened with my brother and I can remeber how my father fought for him to go to school but he couldn't, at a time d man gt tired and enroll him in vocational training. Now he's controlling millions and can travel to any co3 he want. Got married to a medical doctor with his "money" with 2kids
So is not all about education. Education is good no doubt but is not for everybody, help him fiind his talent and he will excell.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
nedu2000:
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba. sad
22nd/24 for 3 consecutive times u said? If is true, then the boy is brilliant, he is brilliant because he is above two people in 3 attempt....no be person dey score 23/24 and 24/24? grin

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
Well, in that case, I will know the child is definitely a bastard. Na to do DNA test remain.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by gabicon: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
I think your uncle is not handling this issue properly, no one can solve a mans problem for him better than himself. He should own up and take responsibility if he doesn't know what to do he should seek for help outside and then implement it himself.
Back to the child the first thing he needs is God, secondly no child is born a dummy but many are trained to be dummies so his curriculum of training has to change, thirdly we are either mathematically inclined or theoretically inclined the latter can be improved by practice and the former by continuous repeated reading there by making things stick.
Everything takes effort and that's what you guys have to put in. I wish you the best and lastly pray for the boy.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by kobonaire(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Nedu2000 worry not .... He has a bright future among Nigeria's political elite. The only decision he has to make is PDP or APC

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by am0s(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
iq test...can u perform one on me......plssssssss
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Itoroetti(m): 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
realone2012: Will just tell me him that:
You see son; GEJ (Goodluck EBOLA Jonathan) was an academic blockhead back then in Otueke and today he is the HEAD OF ALL ACADEMIC UNBLOCK HEADS INCLUDING THE PROFESSORS we have in Nigeria. Don't Give Up Son!!

i doubt if u are a graduate.
how does dis concern GEJ?What have ur fadaa achieved in his miserable life?
someone with phd is what u refer to as blockhead.
if u dont respect people's fada,dont expect urs to earn any respect.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Elnino4ladies: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Enroll him in music skool asap..better still a football academy wil be gud option too
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by victorVIC1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
This thread reminds me of the Hindi movie "like stars on earth" Every star irrespective of its size sure has its own significance...Let his dad get him a very good private teacher.He should also be disassociated from friends with academic incompetence cos the company u keep will go a long way In determining how far u are willing to go in life
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by GodofGrace(m): 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
oh my goodness,i'm here @last
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by rutibaby(f): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
Prayer is d only solution. But wat if d trait is from ur Uncle.

Pls NO child is a blocked head. Let him go in 4 a vocational skill. Mind u, u never can tell what he was destined 2 be.

He will still make it. Its NOT how long but how far.

His mates dat are now above him might not reach his level when he becomes sound academically.

Pls, just be prayerful & give him more time.

THANKS !!!
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by lebesgue(m): 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
earthgreeners: ..... Besides, the richest people in the world today were academic blockheads

For example?
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote
author=uboma]No one is a blockhead. And calling your Uncle's child one
will not help matters at all. No matter what a child does, don't call
him/her derogatory names or compare them with other children who may be
doing better.

If you really want to help, you need to have a heart to heart chat with
your Uncle's child. First, gain his trust, so he can open up to you. It
could be that something went wrong during his formative years (6-10
years). Please answer these;

Did this child grow up with his biological parents or with a relative?

During his formative years, did his parents play an active role in his
life? Did they play together as a family? Was the father/mother always
around to LISTEN and talk to their child? During his early years in
school (nursery to primary) were his parents interested in his school
activities? Did they guide him with his homework? Did they find out from
his teacher(s) the performance of their son? Or was it just the *enrol
your child in school, pay his fees when due, buy school materials? Is
this the cycle they followed?

I always tell parents that *children are what we make them*. Once you
miss it during their formative years, then you've lost out big time. It
is simply not enough to just send your child to school and leave them at
the mercy of their teachers. Parents need to play an ACTIVE role in
their child(ren)'s life.

And mind you, if you are sure that the parents played their role during
his formative years, then the child may be better off learning a
vocational skill. If having listened to this boy, and its obvious that
he just doesn't like school, then find out his hobby or the skill he's
interested in and build on that.

Look around the world today, not all the well to do men actually
completed their schooling. But they have excelled in their chosen
fields.

There's so much to say but time... I wish I could have a chat with your
Uncle's child. Are they in Abuja?

NB.
Calling a child derogatory names only serves to worsen him, make him
more reserve and won't bring out the best in him/her. No one was born a
dullard. Please take note.[/quote]

Bro, i hail you for taking your time to proffer solutions that are so on point.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by judah2000: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
ChristineC: How does parents' IQ determine that of the children?

It's hereditary

Some parents are academically dull n expect their children to be academically sharp... Nope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Marry Your Best Friend's Widow? / Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" / Sisters-In-Law: Why Do They Change So?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.