Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,883 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? (5982 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Imnakoya(m): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2005
Duke's ranking doesn't come as a surprise! Piggy-backing off Obong's response, Duke has shown serious initiatives and vision by investing heavily in tourism.

I wonder how Jigawa and Kwara state governors fare? Jigawa: heavy investment in IT and solar energy,; and Kwara: Agriculture.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by queen2(f): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2005
Im gonna go for[b] BUBA MARWA[/b]
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by bjdon: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2005
With the current situation in Nigeria it really does not matter who is the next president because whoever gets there will just contiune the same policies of ; 1 Look after my people and those who brought me to power; 2 do everything posible to ensure I win the next election. There is no accoutability in Nigeria no fear of the Law or fear of comebacks from stealing the nations welath so anyone of the top contenders be it IBB, Atiku, Marwa or Kalu will simply just be the same old thing. For me the only person who I think can bring some sanity back to Nigeria is Buhari, while I disagree with some of his strong Islamic pro sharia views he's shown himself to be a man of integrity and Honesty and that is what Nigeria really needs at the moment.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2005
bjdon, dont give up on nigeria. every politician takes care of his people, but there are good ones that also take care of the citizens. im living in the US now where the [prez only cares about his people. im sure nigeria will get one that helps the entire nation. Duke is that man
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2005
The US government says federal agents have raided the Maryland home of Nigerian Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.

The search took place on 3 August, but officials refused to confirm reports that it was linked to raids on homes belonging to a Lousianian congressman.

William Jefferson is being investigated over the financing of a high-tech company and his properties were searched on the same day.

There has been no comment on the case from Mr Abubakar.

Mr Jefferson, a Democrat who has served eight terms in the House of Representatives, has come under scrutiny as the FBI looks into an international telecommunications deal.

Mr Abubakar reportedly only uses his home in Potomac, Maryland for a couple of months each year.

His wife, Jennifer, is a doctoral student in international relations at American University in Washington.

Bad press like that rules out Atiku...
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2005
I will go for Idris Kuta if he wants to run.

Reason: Transparency
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by IAH(f): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2005
Please who is Idris Kuta?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Imnakoya(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2005
Chxta:

The US government says federal agents have raided the Maryland home of Nigerian Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.

Bad press like that rules out Atiku...

Bad press? Do you mean that he's innocent, or he is just getting bad publicity?

See: Will Atiku Get the Boot soon? @ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1479.0.html
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2005
IAH:

Please who is Idris Kuta?

Idris Kuta is a member of the Senate.

Now the chairman C'ttee for Works in the sanate.

He's made some good recommendations.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by obong(m): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2005
I hope this is pure speculation cry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4393697.stm

Obasanjo clears way for Babangida
By Sola Odunfa
BBC Focus On Africa magazine

General Babangida
General Babangida helped secure Obasanjo's win in 1999
Since General Olusegun Obasanjo won Nigeria's presidential election in 1999, there has been speculation in political and media circles that a pact existed with his most important supporter, former ruler General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida.

The speculation is that in exchange for the support that he received from Babangida, the president would anoint him as his successor when he steps down at the end of his second term in 2007.

Obasanjo denied the existence of such a pact when he told journalists last year: "I don't know who will succeed me."

But any doubts about Obasanjo's commitment to Babangida have been removed by the perceived ruthlessness with which he has been cutting down his deputy, Vice-President Atiku Abubakar.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2005
@obong, U needed to have passed through roads in Abia State to witness bad roads; roads past Governors have left in misery. This Governor (not related to me ooo) has reconstructed the roads, tarred them. He has given out loans in cash to people, free education to every student, built houses and rented them at cheap cost to civil servants of any status, free-medical care, given buses free for primary/secondary school students, visited universities and  each time donating buses and cash to the schools. He has been a peacemaker settling problems among villages. JUST MENTIONED A FEW.................
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by galala: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2005
i believe we should follow certain priciples in choosing the next president.
First it is implicit that there will be a shift across the niger so that excludes most southern aspirants. If they are really concerned about nigeria the country they would put personal ambition and egoistic attitudes away. The next point is now that we have to encourage the side of nigeria which is to produce the next president to give us a credible honest and reform minded leader who will have the interests of the entire federation at heart.
So far the current circus of opportunistic politicians are not allowing us to see clearly but i believe the we should exclude people with questionable wealth morals and character.
That would eliminate clearly messrs Atiku, Babangida and Marwa.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:52am On Oct 14, 2005
The problem is that Nigerians are not after the country's welfare, what we are looking for is just politics and its dividends. Otherwise, there are capable and honest men who can give Nigeria a very positive change if elected, those men due to their political short legs and high moral standards, are avoided as they are not going yield returns to their political godfathers.
So, until we are ready for a better Nigeria, we will do the right thing.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by senato(m): 1:50pm On Oct 20, 2005
Many top politicians are really eyeing 2007, but as a real Nigerian who wants the best I really prefer capable men who has plan for us not like George Weah of Liberia who thinks politics is a Four-Corner Game.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Odeku(m): 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2005
NEW breed GOD fearing and compasionate discipline person should be the next president. eradicate all the old bad eggs.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:49am On Oct 22, 2005
Yeah. I just feel we have not been bothered much with what is happening to us because we have ways of resolving this issue if we are seeking for a better or great Nigeria.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by otokx(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2005
vice president atiku
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2005
can you give me your reasons? or are u his campaign minister?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Odeku(m): 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2005
NO WAY ATIKU WHO? he stole too, retired civil servant with all that money, where did he get it.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by darlingbas(m): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2005
there is no amount of voting that can bring any change to nigeria, i can asure you, the next president k nows himself, i cant just figure out the way forward for nigeria except revolution which i dont pray for, may God save us from these mediocres
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by omon(m): 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2005
Don't call on God to save you when you don't want to go out and vote..Adams Oshiomole should be the next president.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Greatpeter(m): 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2005
Gani Fawehinmi is the one.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Scorpio(f): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2005
Any body but IBB and his crew.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Oracle(m): 1:20am On Oct 28, 2005
The 2007 election would tell rolleyes
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by damygurl(f): 3:58am On Oct 28, 2005
ME!!!! y? cuz i got great visions 4 dat country. 4 yall who want a president who will look out 4 d people and not steal ur money. I'm ur gurl!! Vote 4 mii and yall will never regret it!!

Nigeria is wonderfully endowed by the Almighty with human and other resources. It does not credit either to us or the entire black race if we fail in managing our resources for quick improvement in the quality of life of our people. Instead of progress and development, which we are entitled to expect from those who governed us, we experienced in the last decade and a half, and particularly in the last regime but one, persistent deterioration in the quality of our governance, leading to instability and the weakening of all public institutions. Good men were shunned and kept away from government while those who should be kept away were drawn near. Relations between men and women who had been friends for many decades, and between communities that had lived together in peace for many generations became very bitter because of the actions or inaction of government. The citizens have developed distrust in government, and because promises made for the improvement of the conditions of the people were not kept all statements by government met with cynicism.

The impact of officials corruption is so rampant and has earned Nigeria a very bad image at home and abroad. Besides, it has distorted and retrogressed development.

Fellow Nigerians, let us rise as one, to face the tasks ahead and turn this daunting scene into opportunities in a New Dawn. Let us make this beginning of a genuine Renaissance.

I am determined with your full cooperation, to make significant changes within a year of my administration.

Together we shall take steps to halt the decline in the human development indices as they apply to Nigeria. All the impacts of bad governances on our people that are immediately removable will be removed, while working for medium and long term.

we must change our ways of governance and of doing business on this eve of the coming millenium. This we must do to ensure progress, justice, harmony, and unity above all, to rekindle confidence amongst our people. Confidence that their conditions will rapidly improve and that Nigeria will be great and will become a major world player in the near future.

May the Almighty help us.

My name s damy and i'm gon be running 4 d president of Nigeria in d cuming election!!

jk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by goodguy(m): 5:43pm On Oct 28, 2005
I think Marwa should be the next president. He did a lot for us in Lagos during his reign.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by nana(f): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2005
goodguy,i support you my guy.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by goodguy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2005
thanks. smiley
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by queen2(f): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2005
@goodguy, me support u too, i think BUBA MARWA
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by goodguy(m): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2005
thanks smiley
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by joshjosh(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2005
lets look for the best thief in town and give him the country to run. nigerians dont learn. obasanjo couldnt help so it has to be babangida. God help that lovely country. we kind of deserve them. what a shame
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by omogenikky(f): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2005
ME!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Ready For A Female President? / Frank Talk About Race And Racism / The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.