Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? (5983 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Bishop4u(m): 8:10am On Nov 29, 2005
Hello Nigerian

I am so much worried for whom to vote in as the president of Nigeria in the 2007 Election because almost every body in Nigeria wants to get to that seat.

So fellow Nigerians who can we vote?

My regards and keep me posted.

Bishop
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by bani(m): 9:32am On Nov 29, 2005
cant help u there...and dont burst your brains thinking about who..cos in naija u vote wont count. we are just spectators
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by mariachi(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2005
Hey Bishop i'm sure you are so very confused...how about voting me in. That should solve it grin , Bani thats more like it.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by tayelolu(m): 4:42am On Nov 30, 2005
Anyone who truly wins the election. I don't care if its a famous person or relatively unknown.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2005
We pray God decides who wins the election.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by loveth(f): 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2005
abi ooo
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by pendelite(f): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2005
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Bruekeleen: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2005
Haba, Nairalanders!!! Why all these men? I think the new wave is the women. Remember Margaret Thacher of UK? Now Liberia got her self a Woman President. Senator Hillary Clinton is fast making ground in the US. I say give me Okonjo Ewenla, the Minister of Finance. A second choice would be Colonel Umar.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by omogenikky(f): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2005
Colonel Umar? Can you please enlighten us? What qualities has he got?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by loveth(f): 9:47am On Dec 05, 2005
Qualities does not matter.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by rashman(m): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2005
The situation in this country today is just getting worst than even before under the military regime.So, in my own opinion BUBA MARWA is the right candidate.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by babagana(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2005
If you want a name I will give you a name; Ribadu of EFCC!

Else I'll say we need a leader that has the following Qualities:-

HONEST Which means truthful, no desire to embezzle the oil money of the Niger Deltans, treat all Nigerians justly

KIND at heart= should have a listenimg ear to the plea of the masses

KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE between Patriotism and Nationalism and is willing to combine the two concepts to propel Nigeria forward.

These above shall serve as the traits for a leader that Nigeria needs, anybody short of that we still stand to stay. FORGET THE INDIVIDUALS MENTIONED ABOVE THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING IN THE PAST AND CAN DO NOTHING NOW!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Renegade(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2005
Buba Marwa is my choice- period. it is not that we lack people who can lead better than he can, but they are so far from the corridors of power.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Ojukwursg(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2006
I think Akunyili Dora of NAFDAC have both the transparency and tenacity required to rule Nigeria. Will she be willing?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2006
we want young guys who have vision like governors who have achieved something in their state like governor Duke of Cross River, i say NO 2 Abia State Governor ( uzor Kalu), even Enugust state governor and Lagos state governor r betaaa dan Kalu,
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by tunjikrown(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2006
Hotstepper , yea i supported yur kind of ideas............i think its time we give these able ibos a chance............they are really trying in their different states
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by PrepaidNG(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2006
For the sake of fairness and equity, I think the presidency should go to
a credible person (preferably a former Governor from the south south
or south east).

The Ibos (South Eastern folks) do not seem to have their acts together,
and do not have the necessary unity to pull it through.

Donald Duke (from south south), on the other hand, while I think is excellent,
and highly innovative at his job, does not have the clout necessary to be
President, yet...

I will therefore go with Dr Peter Odili, Executive Governor of Rivers State. He
seems to me to be the best of all evils!!!

www.prepaidnigeria.com - a better way to recharge!

Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by drbigdaddyg(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2006
Well  PrepaidNG, Igbo now is no more the Igbo of other time, I tell you they are working in unity today.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Zeus: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2006
I think Donald Duke, present Governor of Cross River State can march well with Prof. Dora Akunyili as president and Vice President.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by babagana(m): 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2006
Ribadu --president
El-Rufai Vice President cool cool
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2006
Bruekeleen:

Haba, Nairalanders!!! Why all these men? I think the new wave is the women. Remember Margaret Thacher of UK?

Who is mentioning Iron Lady Thatcher here ? I beg
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Akolawole(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2006
Bruekeleen:

A second choice would be Colonel Umar.

Umar ke!
Most of these pro-democracy activist cannot even govern their ward. Ask Chief Gani Fawehinmi workers?
Even our own Conscience and Ono?
grin
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by linuxuser(m): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2006
I will go with babagana.

Ribadu to be assisted by El-Rufai. All others are thieves and nothing different. I beg do not mention Babangida. His other name is corruption designate. He should be made to spend all his stolen monies until he will be forced to sell his houses and cars and beg on the street of Minna for bread that is what he deserve.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 9:01pm On Feb 06, 2006
@tunjikrown..good enough we have da same idea...am alive 2 see who'z next by God's grace tongue
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by dude(m): 6:59pm On Feb 07, 2006
among all the three being tipped to succeded ObJ, i dare say none is a credible choice. but like the Economic phrase says "when your choice is not available, the Availbale Becomes your choice." so we just will have to pick the lesser of the three Evils. for ibb, i dont think most Nigerians have forgiven him for the Bastardizing the economy, and gross human right abuse. but he still has a lot of say within nigerian politics. Atiku is percieved to be corrupt, but lets not forget he is a protegee of Shehu Yaradua and still controls the Peoples democratic movement(PDM) which is a major block within PDP. Marwa still needs some lessons.

the fight will be between IBB and atiku. but whoever wins, its going to be a Bloody fight to finish. both are men of means and seasoned Politicians. But dont rule out the emergence of the Dark horse! Nigerians are set to watch the scene Unfold.

but if the three still remains the only choice on election day. I wont even go out to vote.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by ijele(m): 1:38pm On Feb 10, 2006
LET CHIEF DIM EMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU BE OUR PRESIDENT
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by neticash(m): 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2006
Well, in my opinion we do not have anyone who can represent Nigeria thus far. Lets join the discussion on

www.nigerianpresident.com

Choose your president today
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Hero(m): 2:27am On Feb 11, 2006
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2006
I dont reall y knw how to start this, but to me i think OBJ failed 9ja, and he also did some things good. But if i was asked who to choose for 2006, i think i'll go for, really i dont know who to go for i swear! angry
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by TMoney4(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2006
Post Failure of the third term agenda, the preparation for the next election is gathering momentum

As a patrotic Nigerian, whom do you think is fit to be the Next Nigerian president.

Why do you think you r choice is the best.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by bankymi(m): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2006
i want u guys to look closely, both on and outside the present political terrain and tell me who  you think should take over the mantle of leadership of Nigeria come 2007.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by hydee0k(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2006
whoever the cap fit, i beliv God is in control this time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There A True Check And Balance Mechanism In Nigeria? / NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira / Niyi Osundare: Corruption Is Nigeria’s Fastest Growing Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.