Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? (5981 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2006
Guy lets face the truth and answer this question, For me, i think i'll go with IBB.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2006
emmeno, you want IBB to be President? So he can after his 8 years (assuming he wins 2 terms) he can annul the next election? If Ibb becomes President, the country will be ungovernable. You should also learn a thing or two about politics. It is IMPOSSIBLE for IBB to be the next President. You should read up on current events instead of joining the illiterate praise singers in supporting that monster.

If I could give the Presidency to anyone, I will choose Ojukwu. At least he is honest about the reality on the ground. And yes, I know he cannot win.

I also think Jerry Rawlings of Ghana (Ex- Ghanaian leader) would do a good job. I am sure he won't waste any time sending the corrupt degenerates Politicians to the grave.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by twinstaiye(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2006
I will also support IBB too, that is if those credible candidate are not allow to get there which is the obvious.
Did I hear you say Ojukwu? Oh, I almost forgot, you are always wanted Nigerian to break up, your support for Ojukwu is quite in the right direction.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by wiseguy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2006
Donald Duke has my support. Please can we leave out IBB in this discussion. Haba! do we have short memory or what? IBB destroyed this nation. He introduced corruption at the highest level. We should be moving forward not backwards. If the system is working well, the likes of IBB should be languishing in jail.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by bankymi(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2006
Who is ojukwu?He does not believe in the unity of Nigeria.He is more of "igborian" than a Nigerian.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by buddy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2006
I cant believe that any serious person that has the good of this country at heart will want IBB back in aso rock!

The guy will only take us 40 years back, i tell you.

That guy has nothing to offer us, when he was there he gave us nothing but corruption at the highest level.

we dont need that kind of person i beg.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by pajimoh(m): 12:11am On Jun 16, 2006
It is me, any one there right now is deputising for me untill when i return to Africa.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by panafrican(m): 12:36am On Jun 16, 2006
Wole Soyinka for President and Philip Emeagwali,the computer guru , for vice- president. sweet. tongue

http://www.answers.com/topic/philip-emeagwali
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2006
Buhari For president with Ojukwu as Vice.
Lets reconcile and move forward, the south south can have the Senate presidency!!!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2006
Jalal, and what does the south-west get?

Maybe the North should just be removed instead of holding Nigeria back. Hows that?

And the Igbos were right all along for trying to leave.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:03pm On Jun 16, 2006
And what reconciliation when the massive killings of southerners took place no more than 4 years ago in Sharia north. Clearly, the causes of the civil war have not been resolved. angry
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2006
@Afeni, The South West should Get the Speaker House of Reps,
And reconciliation u hav to agree has to start from somewhere
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2006
Maybe there is no need reconciliation. Give them their sovereign country and they will be happy.

I think about 80 percent or more of the southerners are tired of having the "do-gooder" Northerners trying to pretend like they bring anything tangible to Nigeria. Make your own Arewa republic or whatever and leave us alone.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 7:20pm On Jun 16, 2006
So what happens to unity in diversity then, if we let Nigeria divide then "the labour of our heroes past shall forever be in vain)

"One Nation bound in freedom peace and UNITY"
"I pledge to Nigeria my country, to defend her UNITY and uphold her honor and glory"

It will mean going against all what we believe in,
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2006
We don't believe in anything. Don't spew nonsense. Even the so called "heros" knew Nigeria was and can never be one.

Don't give me nationalist bull shxt. Claim unity all you want, but if I had an army, I assure you, the North will be engulfed in flames.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
Hey Afeni, na wa for u o!!!
Lets reach a consensus then!!!!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
Jalal, since you claim unity, on what ground can Nigeria be united? Its obviosly not ethnic groups. Nor is it religious identity. undecided
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
Consesus on what?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2006
On the way forward for Nigeria of course!!!!
Me i believe dividing the country will do more harm than good, u dont agree with that, so between u and me wats the next best option
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2006
Confederation style government will work. With each confederation having its own army and Prime minister. Abuja can be kept as the confederation capital or whatever they want to call it. Migration between the 3 provinces (west, east and north) can continue to be free. As far as I am concerned, if you leave in a region long enough, you become more like the people that live there than your "native" region.

Similar to the ones the British had in Nigeria before the moronic military destroyed it.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 7:44pm On Jun 16, 2006
Hmmm sounds interesting, but for me to understand it better giv me an example of countries that are presently using this system?
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Seun(m): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2006
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2006
United Kingdoms uses a similar system. It consist of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Each of those regions that make up the United Kingdoms have their own parliament.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2006
Seun:

Vote for me and I will create jobs

No thanks. I don't vote to put food on the table. smiley
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by MrBean(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2006
@Afeni

Finally, something you and I agree on. Confederation.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Shagari2(m): 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2006
Arsene Wenger; for a tactical approach to governance
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Rottweiler(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2006
By the powers vested in me, I hereby decree that Jerry Rawlings should be our next President!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by MrBean(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2006
Shagari2:

Arsene Wenger; for a tactical approach to governance

Man you don KOLO !!!  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by alarinjo(m): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2006
Confederation style government will work. With each confederation having its own army and Prime minister. Abuja can be kept as the confederation capital or whatever they want to call it. Migration between the 3 provinces (west, east and north) can continue to be free. As far as I am concerned, if you leave in a region long enough, you become more like the people that live there than your "native" region.

Similar to the ones the British had in Nigeria before the moronic military destroyed it.

Afeni, finally you are talking!
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by Jalal(m): 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2006
Well am also in support of Confederation, but who leads at the center
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2006
A figure-head President with no real power. He would be responsible for managing Abuja, and taking care of international affairs.
Re: Who Should Be the Next President of Nigeria? by alarinjo(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2006
I think the question really is, what ethnic group shall he hail from? Even with the position of a powerles figure head, our people will squable over who gets the post, you'll be surprised. Either way, we need to rise above our trivial prejudices, I think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Abubakar Shekau Dead??? (photo Evidence) / Buhari In South East Attire / The President Lives In Aso Rock, How About The Vice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.