Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

My Crony - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Crony (87756 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Crony by crislyn(f): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: lol...

Update drops latest 9pm.
ok den..lemme quickly eat nd bath nd come back.
Re: My Crony by udison(m): 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: lol...

Update drops latest 9pm.

Ha! T.dan were ave u been....... .ave been sitting on a bench since morning waiting for u to update...please wen will u post peace n april 6
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
EPISODE FIVE.

Hakeem was also shocked as he saw her talking to a guy but could control himself when he got there. He was still feeling pains on his wounded head but hadn't told the curious Azeezat what went wrong with his head. His heart began beating faster as he saw Malik before his lady. Several weird thoughts ran through his mind in micro seconds as he helped Azeezat with a chair to sit down.

He had been smiling to disguise his surprise and fear as she sat also, right beside Aishat's seat. "Why are we really here?" Azeezat asked him.

"We came to talk about something special to my life." He smiled.

He didn't even act as if he knows me, is he trying to threaten me or what? Wait, what is the important thing important to him that he wishes to discuss with this pauper? And, is this not the lady that even caused the problem? She has no etiquette of islam, hugging guys... Aishat was glimpsing at Hakeem and Azeezat frequently as she listened carefully to what they were saying.

Something important? Does he want to confess his love to me or what? Azeezat was all ears as she stared at Hakeem.

Why is she acting this way? Expecting me to come and meet her for apology? Who's the guy before her? Has she been cheating? Hakeem's mind was no longer at peace.

"What's the thing important to your life?" Azeezat asked eagerly. "You've still not answered me of what I've been asking, what's wrong with your head? You weren't like this the other day.." she added stretching her hand to touch the wound.

"It's someone that almost destroyed my life." He grinned as he managed to turn his eyeballs to the left to know if Aishat was watching.

A guy who has no courtesy for ladies is meant to have a well destroyed life..

"Destroyed your life? How?" Azeezat was getting curious.

"Never mind, I said something earlier about this life of my mine." He smiled again.

AISHAT'S CORNER.

"Aishat, when are you going to give me a favourable reply?" Malik enquired from her.

Favourable reply? What is the favourable reply all about? Wait.... I hope this guy.... No, it can't be so. Hakeem listened to the discussion between Malik and Aishat as he discussed with Azeezat.

"I'm going to keep thinking about it, I will give you a reply hopefully next week friday, Insha Allah." Aishat replied him.

She's gonna reply him? What is this all about? Hakeem was getting impatient.

"Thanks so much dear, I'll expect your reply." Malik smiled.

HAKEEM.

"So what is it that you need from me?" Azeezat asked him.

"Hmmn... Azeezat, I've been pondering on something, it's a thing that is important to my life so much that my father always tell me to get.." he stopped abruptly and turned his head to see if Aishat was watching.

Their eyeballs collided as he turned his head, both quickly turned their heads away, 'she must be listening..' Hakeem smiled.

What on earth does he want to say, propose? You are really dead then... Aishat thought as she sat tight, ready to know what he would say next.

"I really like you and I want our friendship to be more serious." He said calmly with a smile.

Azeezat blushed as she kept her head low. "Alamdulillāh." She muttered as she smiled. There was silence for some seconds as Aishat became sullen to Malik after she had overheard the discussion. She became quizzical and calm after she heard his confession. "He must be joking." She continued thinking as she played with her hair trying to behave as if she didn't even have an inch of feeling for what he was doing.

"Aishat!" Malik called her name to bring her back to the discussion
He had been talking to himself all the while, "what's wrong?" He asked her looking surprised at her.

"Nothing, was cogitating on what you told me, I have to leave now." She smiled.

Malik smiled. "Alright." He stood as well and both walked out.

E pain am! Hakeem smiled as he saw her left. Deep in him, he was afraid his relationship with her might clash and Azeezat didn't know all they've been doing was just a drama, she didn't even notice Aishat was present there, if she had known, she might have suspected.

"I just hope this won't backfire, who's this guy trailing her around?" He muttered and glanced at Azeezat. "That's why I brought you here, what would you like to eat?" He asked her.

With this proposal of yours, I'm full. she had thought and nodded, refusing the offer.

"Alright, we should get going and I'm expecting a nice reply from you as soon as possible." He smiled and stood up.

To make the plan look real, Hakeem went ahead to Azeezat's place and dropped her off. He promised he'd come and check on her after his work tomorrow, believing all he had done was enough to convince Azeezat so she would play along without knowing she was just an instrument to be used.

He had to return back to General- Gas road and drove slowly on the road leading to Iyana-Church. He was going to his house which was in Peace and Progress Estate in Bada. The mosque he did use wasn't far from his house, it was just a ten minute drive to the mosque and he did visit there frequently, especially every Friday for prayer and sermon.

He drove into the Estate and waved at the security men by the gate of the exit into the Estate. His house was the fourth, red avenue in the Estate. He hooted for some seconds before Uthman came to get the gate.

Hastrup didn't make a move because of his sad mood, was it all over between him and Aminat? He had been thinking all the while and had been heart-sick since he was embarrassed.

He had also been dialing Aminat's mobile number but she didn't pick up the calls.

Hakeem walked in with Uthman. Uthman had been questioning him about the wound on his head but he had kept mute because he'd have to say it again once Hastrup asked him. Another thing was what he'd even say, would he say it was Aishat again? Anyways, a plan had already started and he believed it would change her.

"Answer me now!" Uthman held on to Hakeem as they entered. "It was Aishat."

Hastrup raised up his head. "That name again! You know I said she's going to kill you eventually." Hastrup said, trying his best to shake off the sadness.

"Mr Hastrup, you better seek Astaghfirallāh (an islamic way of asking for forgiveness from God.)

"See Hakeem, this is not an issue of seeking forgiveness, watch out for this lady! Though she might be famous and rich, you know your state of health, I've always told you!"

"Does it mean hitting a glass cup on my forehead is going to lead to an asthmatic attack?" He chuckled and sat down beside him.

"I don't know, just be careful." Hastrup hissed and picked up his phone, he wanted to call Aminat again.

"And, why are you guys like this? What happened today?" Hakeem asked.

There was a period of short silence before Hastrup started explaining all that happened to him.

★★★★★★

Aishat walked in indignantly. She flung her bag on the sofa and sat down, filled with anger. Tomisin didn't even give her a look as she entered, she stared at the laptop before her and ignored Aishat's presence. She hated what she performed before she left the house, what was her concern about her arrival?

"Tomisin!" She called her name at once, she was already excruciating.

"And what can I do to help you?" Tomisin raised her head lightly and faced the laptop again.

"Why are you doing like this too?" She hissed and dropped her mobile phone. She had thought Hakeem would call to apologize before she got home but she was wrong. She also loved him, it was just her behaviour.

"That question sounded somehow, have you been dealt with out there?" She asked, this time not raising up her head any longer.

"Imagine Hakeem, he came with that useless lady to Fidelity Palace and was asking her out beside me.." she said.

That got Tomisin's attention. She smiled and dropped the laptop on her laps and focused on Aishat. "And?" She laughed.

"I'm sure that was a drama.." she added.

"And?" Tomisin repeated and continued laughing.

"It seemed it was real again, I don't even know but Hakeem must not do this, it had better be a mere threat..." she hissed.

"And?" Tomisin repeated, she aimed at getting her impatient and more annoyed.

"What is your problem!" She vociferated.

"And why have you been annoying!" Tomisin clamored as her laughter turned to a frown suddenly.

"I'm really not in the mood to be joking, I'm talking about him and you're just repeating 'and', isn't it annoying?" She hissed aloud.

"You hit a glass cup on his head and left, leaving him in pains. Now, why are you telling me this?" She glowered.

"I thought you're going to calm me down and make me assured Hakeem was joking but here you are..." she glared and stood up, walking in angrily.

"But I thought you never loved this guy, why are you acting this way?" Tomisin grinned.

"Idiot, I'm going to deal with you as well.." Aishat muttered as she walked in.

She started thinking on what to do, the best thing to do was just to visit Hakeem and have a thorough fight with him. She got in to change her dress, it was already past 4pm.

♥♥♥♥♥

"You guys shouldn't take this matters personal, I'm sure something nice is going to happen at the end." Hakeem smiled as he assured his friends.

"What bothers me is just the reason why Aminat hasn't been picking up her call, maybe her father has told her a story that would make her turn against me.."

"Hastrup, forget that and lets go and have a cool breeze at the swimming pool." Hakeem stood up.

One thing he hated most was swimming. Hakeem really hated swimming because of his asthmatic condition, but, he loved watching people swimming and having cool breeze there. One thing that could make his friends relax was to swim so their worries would reduce.

While swimming, he'd be serving them wines and would sit under the shed behind the house, watching them and having a fresh air.

Hastrup stood as well and hit Uthman. "Let's go and change to our trunks."

Uthman stood reluctantly and followed him in. Hakeem searched his pocket and found out his phone wasn't on him. It should be in the car, he thought and headed to the swimming pool to wait for his friends.

Aishat had already called his mobile phone six times but he was unable to pick up the call. This had made Aishat more desperate and umbrageous as she drove on, heading to his place to check if he had gotten home because Fidelity Palace wouldn't be a nice place for her to shout at Hakeem.

Hakeem walked to the back of the house with his friends, he believed they'd have nice time and refresh themselves.

As they headed there, Hastrup's phone rang and it was Aminat
She told him to meet him at 'Village Kitchen', an eatery so they could discuss. Hastrup was very delighted, he rushed back into the house and got dressed. He picked up his phone and called Aminat again to know the branch of Village Kitchen where she was and she told him it was the Mokola branch.

Within a twinkle of an eye, he left the house for the eatery.

Uthmam was about diving into the pool when his phone also rang. Hakeem called him and told him it was Derinsola that was calling him.

"Derin?" He squeezed his face and walked to collect the mobile phone. Derin was Shukurat- Uthman's girlfriend's friend. "I need you right now because I have a solution to the problem between you and my friend." Derin told him.

"Where?" He asked, he didn't really trust her.

"My place, you know here don't you?" Derin ended the call.

"She don tell you to come abi?" Hakeem asked him.

"Sure, that foolish girl." He hissed and walked in to dress up.

He was driving out when Aishat drove into the compound. She asked Uthman if Hakeem was at home and Uthman told her Hakeem was at the swimmimg pool.

She drove in and parked. Hakeem searched his pocket again and remembered his phone wasn't with him, that was his only companion while his friends were away. His inhaler wasn't with him likewise, he must have dropped everything inside the car.

He was standing near the pool and enjoying the cool breeze when Aishat got there. His friends had already warned him that he had to play the game well and behave like a strong guy and not a coward before her so that she could change for real.

"Hakeem!" He heard the soft voice.

He turned around and was still near the pool. His heart almost skipped a beat as he saw his lady approaching him. He pulled himself together again, he had to act like it was real for that time.

"What was the rubbish you came there to perform with me, you think I'm going to be afraid?" She walked closer.

"Aishat, I'm sure you heard all I discussed with that princess, see what you turned me to?" He touched his wound lightly.

"What have I turned you to? You know I'm not easy, you know!" She hissed.

"Either you're easy or not, I'm into that girl and I like a lady with cool head." He smiled.

Aishat was mad. "So I'm not with a cool head right?" She moved closer angrily and pushed him inside the pool. She turned back and hissed, leaving the compound.

Hakeem couldn't swim, he was an asthmatic patient and wasn't with his inhaler.

He started drowning and there was no one at home that could help, Aishat drove out of the house and sped off.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
udison:

Ha! T.dan were ave u been....... .ave been sitting on a bench since morning waiting for u to update...please wen will u post peace n april 6
Ha... my boss, I never knew u don dey sit, sorry sir.

I don update.

PEACE AND APRIL EPISODE SIX DROPS ON SATURDAY 5PM

SIR.

1 Like

Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
crislyn: ok den..lemme quickly eat nd bath nd come back.
Ma'am, do am fast, I don update oh...
Re: My Crony by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
Omg shocked this aishat needs flogging.
Re: My Crony by Olanipekuntomi(f): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
Well done T.dan
Re: My Crony by olagurli(f): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
i hope aishat will not kill hakeem
Re: My Crony by Tipiflexy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Aishat is a lunatic n she deserve to b move to Yaba left where ha mates belong.I dont just understand y Hakeem keep enduring d pain of falling in lust,cos to me it called madness n it wont yield any gud fruit.As for me oooo,Hakeem must nt end up with Aishat cos he doesn't deserve such matreatment from d one he claim to love.Job well done Tdan.
Re: My Crony by missuniverse(f): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Love is blind they say.......but Hakeem's love is nt just blind but also deaf nd dumb
Re: My Crony by crislyn(f): 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
Tdan plssss jst gv me 1 update plssss I can't sleep o
Re: My Crony by Abbey2580: 6:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Tee'Dan! I've never been disappointed reading ur work, i just do imagine ur sense of imagination and composition, av nt seen dz type before. Now you're writing a story based on muslim stuff and u write it as if you're a muslim... quoting qurans, you're really the best!

**Ghost mode deactivated**

I LOVE UR WORKS!

2 Likes

Re: My Crony by Tipiflexy(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2014
Abbey2580: Tee'Dan! I've never been disappointed reading ur work, i just do imagine ur sense of imagination and composition, av nt seen dz type before. Now you're writing a story based on muslim stuff and u write it as if you're a muslim... quoting qurans, you're really the best!

**Ghost mode deactivated**

I LOVE UR WORKS!
That is y he is d best.
Re: My Crony by Tytylorpe(f): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Oh my God....,pls who 'll save Hakeem nw... I wish 1 of his friend come bk in tym or Azeezat shld come n return his phone bk 2 him because he must nt die.
Re: My Crony by Tipiflexy(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2014
Tytylorpe: Oh my God....,pls who 'll save Hakeem nw... I wish 1 of his friend come bk in tym or Azeezat shld come n return his phone bk 2 him because he must nt dead.
try to fix ur typo error cos I kw it was a mistake.
Re: My Crony by heywhykum(f): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2014
WHAT A TALENT!! T.dan, you're dah best!!

U re really dah best but come and get us out of this suspense naw... winks** Update Loading...
Re: My Crony by Fatalveli(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Thumbs up bro! U're so good @ keeping ur promise
Re: My Crony by dammygoody(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2014
Well done bro..
Re: My Crony by uchebest2006(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nice one!!!!
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ciela:
Dis na wahala o. My tradition does nt permit me to sit on d same chair wit a prince
I'm sure you're ready to face the consequences of disobeying the Crown.
Perhaps your tradition will save you then.
Re: My Crony by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hakeem had over-done it too; he should have told Azeezat his plans and just do some casual talks - not the one Aishat would have heard of.

Now, it has happened!!
Who's gonna save him?
He's almost dying!!
I wonder how T.Dan is gonna save Hakeem from the pool, since there's nobody at home.

Besides, why is Aishat like that? I'm not sure I know her background(apart from her being a rich lady)
She claimed to love Hakeem and still behaves that way?
Didn't she know her boyfriend was an asthma patient?

I'd expected her to be cool after she almost broke Hakeem's head

How heartless!!!
Re: My Crony by Cindydearie(f): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Nice!
Re: My Crony by Flakeey(f): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lord have mercy...Hakeem is a gentleman to the core...no typical nigerian guy would take such from a wife talkless of a girlfriend.

Hakeem must not die o *sobs* somebori call 911

*next update on my mind*

weldone Mr. Tope Dan
Re: My Crony by bibie01(f): 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oh no! Hakeem don't die, please don't die. Somebody help him*shouting for help*

Did Aisha say she loves Hakeem? Cos I wonder what she means by love. Heartless biatch.

T.Dan, you are d very best.
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2014
Elantracey: Omg shocked this aishat needs flogging.
Who will do d flogging? Thanks Elan, u re dah best!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
bibie01: Oh no! Hakeem don't die, please don't die. Somebody help him*shouting for help*

Did Aisha say she loves Hakeem? Cos I wonder what she means by love. Heartless biatch.

T.Dan, you are d very best.
Love sha..

some ppl can't just step down for anyone, Aishat's pride z.... Thanks for joining Bibie!
Re: My Crony by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
olagurli: i hope aishat will not kill hakeem
I hope so too... Nawa Oh!
Re: My Crony by samsondavid(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]WOW!WOW!!WOW!!! Can't wait for Next episode.

#Suspence is killing moi

#Thumbs Up. MR T.DAN
Re: My Crony by crislyn(f): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Tee hw va na?..wen r we having dinner, I'm hungry o
Re: My Crony by abisco08: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
dis aishat sha wan kill hakeem....cant blame her,Hakeem na ode jez prayn it wont b la8 b4 dey both undastand....Hakeem cant die.sure tin na***
Re: My Crony by crislyn(f): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
abisco08: dis aishat sha wan kill hakeem....cant blame her,Hakeem na ode jez prayn it wont b la8 b4 dey both undastand....Hakeem cant die.sure tin na***
Hakeem can't die o bt if he survives ds nd keeps calling dat wicked girl's name I might ave to castrate him for life..lol

1 Like

Re: My Crony by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: I'm sure you're ready to face the consequences of disobeying the Crown.
Perhaps your tradition will save you then.
Ofcourse it would.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.