Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1813189 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dreay01(m): 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Engrdukechidi:
Who knows about this TRMS job test and interview? Fake or gnld?

@Engrdukechidi,I got a msg from them too,anyone who knows about them, should kindly help out, if they are worth one's time.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Please Nairalanders I would like ask you guys a Question, and please answer sincerely.
How much is the smallest salary you could start with as a Bsc, Ssce, Ond and Hnd holder.
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bqlekan(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
You are invited for AN INTERVIEW on FRI, 12/12/14 by 10AM@ C.RES., 203 old abeokuta Motor Rd, Favour plaza (2ND FLOOR) opp Oando, Agege- Total, pen cinema, Lagos.... the sender is H3R CONSULT

PLS HELP, ANYONE GOT SOMETHING LIKE THIS?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by emvuatt: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2014
Hello, got a text message dat you have been selected for a written test/job briefing on the 15th dec 2014 at 84 pace/itire rd morgan bus stop mushin by 9:30am ref: e.recruit74

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by silversheep: 11:38pm On Dec 14, 2014
.Pls vote for my baby OLAOLUWA CALEB ADEDEJI as the next Pz cussons baby of the year. Please make it happen for him by 1) clicking on the link below .. Cussons Baby Moments
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=11... 2)clicking on view and vote 3) clicking on his votes which is highlighted in blue directly under his picture.I promise will take you about 10 seconds for you to vote. Thank you so much,have a wonderful day and may God almighty bless you as you vote

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bobbyspeed(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2014
S
emvuatt:
Hello, got a text message dat you have been selected for a written test/job briefing on the 15th dec 2014 at 84 pace/itire rd morgan bus stop mushin by 9:30am ref: e.recruit74

Scam! Scam! Scan!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fermilevel(m): 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
heyhemr:
hi all..got a test invite from TRMS jobs....the job is scheduled for 10th of sept..i wanna know how real dis pple are pls.....pls anybody

also got the test invite on 19th of Dec. Anybody with the test info? Pls share
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by eledacedar(f): 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
husseinhad:
Scam interviews are also conducted even by government agencies. You see an advert by a government parastatal, you try to apply for the job only to discover that you have to pay into a designated bank account. To me, the only difference between Government scam and the private one is that in the latter, you only lose your money; in the former you are also at a risk of losing your life (case study: Immigration recruitment exercise). Below is the link to a nairalander's ordeal at a scam interview test conducted by University College Hospital, Ibadan.

https://www.nairaland.com/1859227/uch-recruitment-malfeasance

This was what she wrote:

After the recruitment scandal by the Immigration, one would think that other federal government parastatals would have learnt not to organise kangaroo recruitment exercises thereby putting the lives of innocent Nigerians at risk. In 2012, University College Hospital, Ibadan placed an advert in The Punch announcing vacancies for about 35 positions. It was not until I got to UCH that I discovered that I would have to pay the sum of N1,000 to obtain the application form. I did this, followed the stipulated process and and submitted the required documents including my O'Level result. I was applying for the position of Information Officer II. The sole requirement for this post was a Bachelor's Degree in English (which I have), Mass Communication or Social Sciences. I never heard anything until about few days ago.

On Tuesday, 12/08/2014, I received a text message from UCH inviting me for a test scheduled for Thursday, 14/08/2014. The text included an instruction for candidates to bring along their original credentials, 3 passport photos and the receipt of the application form purchase. I did all I could to sit for the test and I had all the requirements with me. I got to the venue about 25 minutes before 9am when the supposed exam was scheduled to start. No official of UCH attended to us until almost 3 hours later, at about 11. 35am, when we were told to gather in front of the exam hall and we would enter the hall as each person's name is called. The number of candidates who showed up for the test were less than 300, out of the thousands who paid and applied for the jobs. It was at this point that they examiners made the announcement that there are other requirements for the positions. The one for Information Officer was that candidates must have 5 credits at a sitting or 6 credits at two sittings including Mathematics and English. Out of almost 100 candidates who applied for the post of Information Officer, only about 30-35 ended up sitting for the exam. Even when we complained to the coordinator, she snubbed us and said, 'Okay, noted.' Other invigilators simply laughed at us and said the same thing.

Many of us decided not to just walk away. We went to see the Director of Administration and the Chief Medical Director to register our displeasure. None of these principal officers was around and the only officials who attended to was the Personal Assistant to the CMD, who introduced himself as Mr. Taiwo, and the Head of the Security Department of UCH, a man popularly addressed as Captain. After keeping us waiting for several minutes, the 'Captain' came back to address us and said that it was the policy of the Federal Government. He even bragged that his alma mater, University of Ibadan, requires credits in both Maths and English for admission into any course. Many of us countered this, letting him know that we have obtained degrees in the Humanities from UI without a credit in Maths at the O'level. Eventually, everyone dispersed with the painful knowledge that we have used as puppets for a 'recruitment show' that was staged with the motive of securing employments for their choice candidates.

My anger is not at them for stating 'phony policy' they claimed was made by the Federal Government. But why would they make people waste their time and money as well as risk their lives just to be played on? They already knew what they were going to do. Why didn't they just invite their own people? I met two people there who claimed that they had come from Nassarawa and Benue respectively. Some of the candidates probably borrowed the money used in transporting themselves to the venue only for their hopes to be dashed. I arrived at Ibadan at about 10pm on Wednesday, 13th of August, just to be at the exam venue early the next day.
I submitted my O'level result along with other credentials. I was disqualified from sitting for the exam because I don't have a credit in Maths. If the claim was that the requirement was based on a Federal Government policy, on what criteria was I shortlisted?

I owe the world a duty to report this malfeasance. It's high time we disallowed a wicked act like this to go unnoticed.

Just as this phoney honourable Tunde aka Awachi Thomson tried to squeeze 10,500 out of my pocket for NNPC job. I already told him to bugger off

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Vince09: 7:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your response to our online add, we were impressed by your resume.

We are thus inviting you to our office for an interview/chat with the management team.

The details are as follows:

Venue: 205, Borno Way off Ladipo Street by Total Filling Station along
Yaba-Oyingbo Road, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

Date: Monday 22nd December, 2014

Time: 9AM Prompt

Please copy out this REF ID. HR/TL/94708589/uJ it would be required at the
venue.

For confirmation and any other enquires please call: 234-812-471-9953

Looking forward to meeting you,

Uriel
HR DEPT. [TLIS]
info@truelinkintegrated.com
www.truelinkintegrated.com
FB: Truelink Integrated Services
Twitter: @truelinkis. ., am in delta state right now need help ... any body with info on dis
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2014
Vince09:
Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your response to our online add, we were impressed by your resume.

We are thus inviting you to our office for an interview/chat with the management team.

The details are as follows:

Venue: 205, Borno Way off Ladipo Street by Total Filling Station along
Yaba-Oyingbo Road, Ebute Metta, Lagos.

Date: Monday 22nd December, 2014

Time: 9AM Prompt

Please copy out this REF ID. HR/TL/94708589/uJ it would be required at the
venue.

For confirmation and any other enquires please call: 234-812-471-9953

Looking forward to meeting you,

Uriel
HR DEPT. [TLIS]
info@truelinkintegrated.com
www.truelinkintegrated.com
FB: Truelink Integrated Services
Twitter: @truelinkis. ., am in delta state right now need help ... any body with info on dis

Don't waste ur money coming to Lagos bro
Unless u need a drug mkting job cos dats what they do.
Cheers
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2014
emvuatt:

Anytime u see dat address, just delete d msg immediately. They are drug marketers who will demand for 10k frm u and waste ur time.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by peteonline: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2014
You need to be persistent and prayerful in your job hunt. Don't give up -You just dont know when it will click!

Find all the latest scam free jobs in Nigeria here www..com
Use this link to post your CV for employers to get to you anytime! http://www..com/submit-resumecv/

Good luck
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kbimz: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
pls has anyone ever heard of S2k Consult? I need an urgent response.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Kbimz:
pls has anyone ever heard of S2k Consult? I need an urgent response.

Neva heard of such, but u can try Google
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by darisgod(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
You are invited for a chat at OO1 Events on Monday 22nd by 12noon . At Plot 1G Bashiru shittu street, Magodo GRA, Shangisha ,Lagos. Thank you.

Pls how true is this
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by mabegunrin(f): 7:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Good morning, got a text this morning;
You are hereby invited for the 1st phase of an interview on Mon. 22/12/14 at branch office : 83, pale b/stop, abeokuta expressway, dopemu, Lagos. By 9:30am. Ref: KG/034.
Msg sent from kg/034

Pls how real is this and hope it's not a drug sales recruitment stuff?? Pls help is needed ASAP.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2014
mabegunrin:
Good morning, got a text this morning;
You are hereby invited for the 1st phase of an interview on Mon. 22/12/14 at branch office : 83, pale b/stop, abeokuta expressway, dopemu, Lagos. By 9:30am. Ref: KG/034.
Msg sent from kg/034

Pls how real is this and hope it's not a drug sales recruitment stuff?? Pls help is needed ASAP.

Gnld
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2014
Pls someone help out. Is dis interview for real.
Dear Applicant,You are invited to an interview for the role of an Accountant atSimeon's Pivot Resources, 1st floor, 19 Town Planning Way, Ilupeju, Lagoson Monday, 22nd December 2014 at 10am Prompt. Please come with your CV andCredentials. Contact Maria: 08090873207 or Michael: 08097374698Best Regards,Simeon's Pivot Resources,1st Floor, 19 Town Planning WayIlupeju,lagos.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by cozy7(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2014
You may be right, but I assure you it's not always true. Some genuine employers have some of d fake characteristics u just listed above. U May just be discouraging potential employees.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2014
3wks retail and hospitality training with a guaranteed job placement at the end. If you are willing to start small with an average of 37k a month. Then you should consider this, click on it and apply: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
Ps: must be ready to work on the island
The 37k average salary, is minus monthly tips.
Must be btw 18-35
We charge a fee, but you can pay after we have gotten you a job!!
STARTING SMALL is nt a life sentence, its an opportunity to get a better opportunity.
JOB placement partners

SPAR
KFC
FCMB.
Wheatbaker
Medplus.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kbimz: 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
I got this message jes now to come for a job interview...does it exist? pls i need an urgent response.

MGR invites you for a job interview as stated below:
Date: 23rd December, 2014
Venue: 161 Ikorodu Road beside Lanre Shittu motors Onipanu B/Stop, Lagos
Time: 1pm. Be punctual.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ProfGday(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2014
I got a txt frm FEDERAL TASKFORCE OSUN COMMAND to come for documentation.pls could ds be real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
Kbimz:
I got this message jes now to come for a job interview...does it exist? pls i need an urgent response.

MGR invites you for a job interview as stated below:
Date: 23rd December, 2014
Venue: 161 Ikorodu Road beside Lanre Shittu motors Onipanu B/Stop, Lagos
Time: 1pm. Be punctual.

Medpro Global Resources
They're Gnld marketers who wud ask u to 10k for license.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chyegems(f): 12:00am On Dec 23, 2014
Dear sir/madam,

Your application for the post of customer care representative has been review and we are please to inform you that you are one of the candidate shortlisted for an interview/briefing on 23/12/2014.

Venue: 3, 571 Road, 5th Avenue, Gwarimpa, Abuja.
Time: 8:00am

Please confirm that this works for you, we would be pleased to give you an on-line interview if you cannot make it for the interview.

Best regard,
Babatunde Musa
Head of Operation,
Sky Airline
www.skyairline.cl/

I got the above mail just now..pls is dis real? Don't remember applying though I drop comments on sdk in her job search posts. Again d e-mail they sent d mail to,is not my official e- mail. Never used it to apply for any job before. Could this be scam or what? Does anyone know abt them? Did anyone else get d mail?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kbimz: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mantledox Logistics Ltd invites you for a test and work briefing tomorrow by 2pm at No 2 opebi Link road off Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Ikeja. MK224.

Pls is d above real or a scam?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
chyegems:
Dear sir/madam,

Your application for the post of customer care representative has been review and we are please to inform you that you are one of the candidate shortlisted for an interview/briefing on 23/12/2014.

Venue: 3, 571 Road, 5th Avenue, Gwarimpa, Abuja.
Time: 8:00am

Please confirm that this works for you, we would be pleased to give you an on-line interview if you cannot make it for the interview.

Best regard,
Babatunde Musa
Head of Operation,
Sky Airline
www.skyairline.cl/

I got the above mail just now..pls is dis real? Don't remember applying though I drop comments on sdk in her job search posts. Again d e-mail they sent d mail to,is not my official e- mail. Never used it to apply for any job before. Could this be scam or what? Does anyone know abt them? Did anyone else get d mail?

Quite confusing I must say
It looks both real and scam. If u didn't edit d message, then there's a lot of errors in it so it cud give it away as scam. Also, d 'job briefing' issue is suspicious. But wat confuses me is dat the company name sounds genuine ie an airline.
My advice is dat u do a Google search and see what you find. U may also call d number and ask dem wat they do jst to be sure.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
Kbimz:
Mantledox Logistics Ltd invites you for a test and work briefing tomorrow by 2pm at No 2 opebi Link road off Mobolaji Bank Anthony way Ikeja. MK224.

Pls is d above real or a scam?

It sounds like scam but still Google d name and address to learn more. Cheers
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chyegems(f): 12:23am On Dec 26, 2014
LaurelP:

Quite confusing I must say
It looks both real and scam. If u didn't edit d message, then there's a lot of errors in it so it cud give it away as scam. Also, d 'job briefing' issue is suspicious. But wat confuses me is dat the company name sounds genuine ie an airline.
My advice is dat u do a Google search and see what you find. U may also call d number and ask dem wat they do jst to be sure.
I googled d said airline and no tangible information came up.Even d airline website link dat came with d mail refused to open well. So I decided to opt for the online interview and replied the mail to that effect. He/she now sent me the below mail;

Dear sir/madam,

Kindly reply the answers to the following questions before 12pm on the 24/12/2014.

1. So, tell me a little about yourself?

2. What relevant job experience do you have?

3. How are you when you're working under pressure?

4. What motivates you to do a good job?

5. What's your greatest strength?

6. What's your biggest weakness?

7. Are you good at working in a team?

8. Is there anyone you just could not work with?

9. Would you rather work for money or job satisfaction?

10. Would you rather be liked or feared?

11. So, explain why I should hire you?

12. Finally, do you have any questions to ask me?

Best of luck.

Best regard, 
Babatunde Musa
Head of Operation,
Sky Airlines.

When I got this,my scam antennae really went up and I decided to ignore. Meanwhile, the mail stated I have to answer before 12noon. So when I didn't respond,they now went on mail spree..kept sending me d same mail and asking me to answer before different times. In fact,they bugged me thruout that day and d next. Which real company will bug someone like dat if not scammers dat are eager to collect money frm u.It was at the point I was really convinced in my spirit that it was scam. So I replied with d below mail;

Oga pls leave me alone. I was just playing along to see hw far u wil go. I ve never used this e- mail for job applications. How u got it,i don't know. I ve put ur mail up in nairaland forum and its screaming scam all over it. Next thing now,u will demand money. Let me use dis opportunity to preach JESUS to u. We r entering into a new year..wouldn't u rather ask God to lft u high and give u a real job? Why r u scamming people? Do u know d amount of curse heaped on u daily? Pls repent!!!!!! While u are at it,find a living church and join. Thank u!

And they never replied!

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 8:53am On Dec 26, 2014
chyegems:
I googled d said airline and no tangible information came up.Even d airline website link dat came with d mail refused to open well. So I decided to opt for the online interview and replied the mail to that effect. He/she now sent me the below mail;

Dear sir/madam,

Kindly reply the answers to the following questions before 12pm on the 24/12/2014.

1. So, tell me a little about yourself?

2. What relevant job experience do you have?

3. How are you when you're working under pressure?

4. What motivates you to do a good job?

5. What's your greatest strength?

6. What's your biggest weakness?

7. Are you good at working in a team?

8. Is there anyone you just could not work with?

9. Would you rather work for money or job satisfaction?

10. Would you rather be liked or feared?

11. So, explain why I should hire you?

12. Finally, do you have any questions to ask me?

Best of luck.

Best regard, 
Babatunde Musa
Head of Operation,
Sky Airlines.

When I got this,my scam antennae really went up and I decided to ignore. Meanwhile, the mail stated I have to answer before 12noon. So when I didn't respond,they now went on mail spree..kept sending me d same mail and asking me to answer before different times. In fact,they bugged me thruout that day and d next. Which real company will bug someone like dat if not scammers dat are eager to collect money frm u.It was at the point I was really convinced in my spirit that it was scam. So I replied with d below mail;

Oga pls leave me alone. I was just playing along to see hw far u wil go. I ve never used this e- mail for job applications. How u got it,i don't know. I ve put ur mail up in nairaland forum and its screaming scam all over it. Next thing now,u will demand money. Let me use dis opportunity to preach JESUS to u. We r entering into a new year..wouldn't u rather ask God to lft u high and give u a real job? Why r u scamming people? Do u know d amount of curse heaped on u daily? Pls repent!!!!!! While u are at it,find a living church and join. Thank u!

And they never replied!

U did well
They used a sophisticated method though, left for the fact dat they still gave themselves off as scammers by bogging u with more mails.
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by joesparkle: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB!!!!
Simply click and apply:
https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Koffies(f): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Does anyone know Transoil Integrated services ltd in PH? I googled it and I saw Transoil Group of companies but I'm not sure if Transoil Integrated services ltd is under the former. I've applied for so many vacancies and some were through one HR company that recruits for oil companies so I don't even know if this is a scam in the making. Help anyone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.