Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1810264 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by motta(m): 8:23am On Jan 25, 2015
Pls oooo I got a msg last night from BLUE/CV/108 . Cv screened! You have been competitively selected for a major job briefing scheduled for monday 26/1/2015 by 9:30am at 94 Itire road ,morgan bus-stop ,mushin lagos.. Who has seen something like this ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by thayour01(m): 8:36am On Jan 25, 2015
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

I support u, I've been to many of d interviews n dey jus wasted my time n money. For pple thinking that dey can make it jus by following world rich ppel's step, read n learn from ds article www.naij.com/371773-why-nigerian-school-dropouts-are-rarely-succesful.html. U will learn dat all ds pple dey use for examples av support n a gud economy dat favour dia plans. N moreso, most of dem look dirty wit faded cloths n claiming dey r making money. Appearance dey say determine approach, I pray God will gv youths wisdom to succeed n also enta into our govt to make d economy work for us. I blv we av talented youths dat if we also a a conducive n favourable atmosphere, we'll do beta.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sonshyne: 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
I got same text : You have been selected for a short test/assessment on the 26th of Jan 2015 by1:30pm at 1st flr Trinity House 84 Pako/Itire Road, Morgan Bus stop Mushin.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by LaurelP(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2015
sonshyne:
I got same text : You have been selected for a short test/assessment on the 26th of Jan 2015 by1:30pm at 1st flr Trinity House 84 Pako/Itire Road, Morgan Bus stop Mushin.

Gnld
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seun66(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
kennyanatomy:
Good evening everyone
I received a text message this afternoon from
vodatel, I want to be know whether they are real
or the usual fake companies.
This was the message I received:
Hi, come with your CV and passport to 77 opebi
Rd, 1st floor,salvation B/stop Opebi Lagos.
Be prepared to undergo 2weeks training before
proper job begins. Job placement opportunity
afta 2 weeks intensive training. I was asked to
call Ekanem with a particular number, but the
person's number is always busy anytime I call.
Pls are dey real
Kindly help
plss answer the question o. I also got this vodatel interview today o. are they for real? thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by creamierover: 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
Only greedy job seeker will fall for them, eith er cooperate email or hidden company address. It doesn't matter..
When you see messages having addresses like Mushin, alimosho iyana ipaja, and other areas of such, Its obvious its a scam bcus companies of ur choice are not thr most times.
I decided to attend one of so many messages and itwaz son funny bcus intelligent job seeker should will know they are scam with there unprofessional way of doing things. I waited till I was asked to pay 12k, den I confirmed they were roggs. NO MATTER WHAT, A GENUINE COMPANY SHOULD NOT ASK FOR MONEY. Pls don't be greedy. May God help us all...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by creamierover: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
motta:
Pls oooo I got a msg last night from BLUE/CV/108 . Cv screened! You have been competitively selected for a major job briefing scheduled for monday 26/1/2015 by 9:30am at 94 Itire road ,morgan bus-stop ,mushin lagos.. Who has seen something like this ?

ITS A SCAM!!!!!. angry.. ITS SOOO EASY TO KNOW.. meanwhile dis you apply for such??. Either u did or not, from the message, its not GENUINE.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by liza207: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dear applicant,
You are hereby invited to be interviewed for the position of Direct Sales Executive in a leading micro-finance organisation

If successful, Training and employment commences immediately. Come prepared.

Date: Tuesday 27 January, 2015
Venue: #10, Adisa Bashua Street, Off Adelabu, Off Masha Roundabout, Surulere, Lagos 
Time: 10am

You are required to come with your CV and credentials. Send FULL-NAME / YES to 08077167489 to confirm attendance

Pls r this pple scammers cos am scared of dis surulere ppl
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by liza207: 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Leyimanno:
Pls house how true is dis job invitation msg for interview? i received it today and it goes thus.

OWS - HR, true kingsmit2010@gmail.com
You have been Shortlisted for a JOB briefing and Oral Interview on 22nd  of January 2015.

Venue No 1 Babatunde Street, Off Ogunlana Drive Surulere, Lagos.

Time 9am.

Your  REF Code is (FMG/8477)

Pls dis pple are scammers o ihav fone dere b4 under the name O neal u will be asked to pay money

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chibaby87(f): 6:48am On Jan 27, 2015
Is this company real, Lagos state building investment company?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shinasijison: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
FINANCIAL MODELLING

Register Now!

Lagos Weekend Classes 7th & 8th February

Financial models can be constructed in many ways, either by the use of computer software, or with a pen and paper. What's most important, however, is not the kind of user interface used, but the underlying logic that encompasses the model. A model, for example, can summarize investment management returns, such as the Sortino ratio, or it may help estimate market direction, such as the Fed model.
Financial modeling demands a logical consistent approach and this workshop builds a financial analysis and a valuation model through a series of practical stages. Upon completion, delegates will have a comprehensive understanding of financial modeling, as well as how each technique can applied.
At Sijison Training, Our training session is delivered by certified and highly experienced trainers. Our class is always interactive and based on practical experience. Our training covers all the areas you need to be a successful Personnel and provides an invaluable base upon which to build.

Register with us today to Learn More

The course covers:
• Cash flow modeling
• Determining debt capacity
• Developing key outputs for credit analysis
• Scenario analysis
• Guidelines for good modeling practice
• Excel tips and tricks
• Financial modeling methodology

Who Should Attend?
• Project Finance Companies
• Finance KPO’s
• Individual involve in financial decision making/planning (Management Level)
• Investment Bankers
• Project Finance Persons
•Equity Research

Register For Our January Training Session and Enjoy a 20% Discount
Please Visit: www.sijisontraining.com or call +234– 8180224477, 09092777877 BBPin: 33422647, 21B704A5 or send us an email: training@sijisontraining.com for more details

1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Davidvd(m): 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
>>>EARN N100,000 MONTHLY<<<

EARN N1,600 WHENEVER SOMEBODY SIGNS UP USING YOUR REFERRAL LINK. NO SETUP FEE REQUIRED.

CLICK HERE=>http://www.powerfulwealthsolution.tk
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Samtobh(m): 2:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
on God
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by liza207: 4:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
Pls guys I just got a text from a company pruvia and I want to know if dey r real.

You have been shortlisted for an oral and written test sheduled for 12pm saturday at the facaulty of arts, unilag akoka. Kindly come with your cv or resume. For details call 08063082892.
Pls let me know on time so I will not waste my time from sagamu.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
seun66:
plss answer the question o. I also got this vodatel interview today o. are they for real? thanks

I got this too and I was there
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seun66(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
godfwee:

I got this too and I was there
wat was it like pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 31, 2015
seun66:
wat was it like pls

Organised, they are a customer care training institution and they persuade you to train with them and there is a job opportunity after the training attached to it

Here is their site o
www.telemarketingdiploma.com

Feast ur eyes grin
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by donald1010(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
MANTLEDOX LOGISTICS LTD INVITE U FOR A JOB BRIEFING/TEST ON MOND 2/2/15 BY 9AM @ 2 OPEBI/SHERATON LINK RD.OFF MOBOLAJI BANK ANTHONY WAY, IKEJA,LAGOS. REF:9576
Just got the msg nowww! Plz who else got this?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by donald1010(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Based on a referral from rehoboth,you are shortlisted for an interview at 16Akinremi street,Anifowoshe Ikeja.On Monday by 1pm.081-7805-7666

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Temmy278: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2015
What about this company called wave. I was called by a lady who presented herself as. The company's representative. I have also received a text and e-mail from the company to come for interview at 3,spencer street Yaba Lagos. Please advise me on what to do.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ellyzino: 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
coache:

Hello people please how real is this interview message below? Just got it this afternoon.Pls if its real, what is the job all about cos I'm currently in delta state dnt want to waste my transport fare to Lagos only to be scammed.thanks.

MP-Global invites you for a Test/Briefing by 9am on Monday, 19/01/15 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd,beside Lanre Shittu Mtrs,Onipanu b/stop. 081 8480 0984
scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by damsie(f): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dear friend and subscriber,

Do you want to start earning unlimited income without any stress from the comfort of your bedroom?
Then be prepared to sack that your bossy boss at work. Here is how: I am often moved by the rate of unemployment in our nation, after going through the different rigours of life to study and make a headway in life,  unemployment sets in. That is one of the major reasons why I came up with these offers because I want the youths  out there that are unemployed to enjoy from what has turn me into an overnight millionaire.

If you are going for this offer, be prepared you will become the toast of the world and you will be subject to envy because you will be made for life.
This offer is one is one of its kind in Nigeria and the offer is very limited, because no internet guru will give you all am offering at that very ridiculous price, take this advantage before it expires.

Here are some of the benefits you stand to enjoy when you order for this comprehensive package

1) how to fund your liberty reserve account with credit cards

2)the $200 a day cash machine system

3) mobile profits system, how to earn a guaranteed #5,000 to #10,000 daily your mobile phone.

4) how to raise money online from a donor agency.

5) free oversea study programme up to PHD level free.

6) how to get free computer from an NGO based in united kingdom (uk) without paying a dime or kobo

7) sources of cheap but brand new laptops for #10,000 _#15,000 or where to start importing laptops for $100 _ $300 abroad.

cool how to enjoy free airfare, free accomodation, grants  etc as agent to a south africa engineering company.

9) where to get paid to #100,000 monthly as agents to online shopping mart in nigeria.

10) access to 50 top -on- demand  products with re-sale rights

11) website for purchase of used 'tokunbo' cars as low as $500

12) free software source you can sell

13) website for free cars in usa, uk and canada

14) membership link of profitable clubs.

Click here to order and to veiw some other benefits u stand to enjoy when you purchase this ebook.

NOTE: I only need 20 slots after which the price goes up and later the door closed. Grab yours fast!!!

http://www.infobiznaija.com/oyinda/
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sonshyne: 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pls do anyone know this company? LITE GLOBAL CONCEPT invites u 4 an Interview on Fri 06/02/15 by 10am @ 3 Ijaiye Rd Odo-Eran Bus/stop Opp. Mobil Filling Station Ogba Lagos.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by seunoni34(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2015
donald1010:
Based on a referral from rehoboth,you are shortlisted for an interview at 16Akinremi street,Anifowoshe Ikeja.On Monday by 1pm.081-7805-7666
This is the fakes of them all. They use different hr's and company name but the same address
. The most common company name is BG/NG.I have been there before, they will just waste your time.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by soulhighman(m): 6:58am On Feb 07, 2015
Pls help, I received a text message by by APR NIG LTD with d msg " You've been shortlisted for Job Chat/Interview with HRgrin on 7/12/15 at NNPC Building, Itele Rd, Otun ota,Ogun State by 11 am.Admin:090********".I just got the msg this midnight cos my fone had been off since yesterday afternoon. Pls anyone with an advice, cos I am still undecided as to whether to attend or not. Your advice will help a lot pls. Really nid it ASAP.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by soulhighman(m): 7:03am On Feb 07, 2015
Samtobh:
PLEASE HELP!!!!
I'm currently looking for a job opportunity that'll suit my qualifications.
I studied PETROCHEMICAL SCIENCE,bagged a FIRST CLASS HONOURS, had a diploma in computer engineering and finished service almost a year ago.
Please help out.
Ajisebututobi@gmail.com
I think you should update your profile on jobberman

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.