Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1813248 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WAVEACADEMY: 9:58am On Feb 24, 2015
IBOGIRL1:

I need not watch your video cos u already shot ursef . If u guys don't accept corpers but stil demanded for 10K for training and bondage signatory and stil called me the day after to know if I could pay in installments,then it is as I have said. U guys are fraudulent. Quit trying to salvage an already distorted brand. As uv rightly stated, there's no need for this. Goodday!
your argument is not rational, how can we call someone that we rejected asking for training fee, when you were not even admitted, if your are sure of what you are saying, snap your admission letter into the academy and post here
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by titifranc: 1:18am On Mar 01, 2015
It happened to me. I applied for a job online not knowing that I submitted my CV to a time water(Oriental Trust). I saw their message on my phone to check my inbox, I was so very happy and fully prepared for the interview..the last N1000 with me I spent it on the false interview from Ayobo/Ipaja to Ilasamaja..it was so painful getting there, they introduced to us scanning machine and asked us to pay license fee of N11000...here is there mail: You have been shortlisted for a Written Test and an Oral Interview Session at Virtual Human Resources and Corporate Services on Wed 18/2/2015 by 9am prompt at  1st Floor,Suite 202,8/10,Salamatu Eniola Street,by P&P Comprehensive College,Sadiku Bus-Stop,Ilasamaja,Lagos.

Direction:
(1)From Oshodi,take a bus going to Mile2 stop at Hasan,Ilasamaja (by Eco Bank),cross to the other side and locate the address(or take a N50 bike to the address).

(2)From Mile-2,take a bus going to Oshodi,stop at Sadiku,Ilasamaja (by Eco Bank) and locate the address(or take a N50 bike to the address)..

Note:Come with your writing material,2 passport photograph and a printout of this invite

Be sure to come on time as you will not be allowed in for the session if you are a minute late.

Regards

Ref Code:VHRCS/L/3391
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by gsleek(m): 8:00am On Mar 02, 2015
is equilinks in Imo state scam?
anybody pls help with a genuine response. thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lighternote: 4:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
You are not fair enough at all and I am disappointed that this is coming from supposedly registered high profile HR individuals. Sacking a whole batch 10 of over 20 jobless individuals whom you have been drilling unjustly for over 2 weeks just because of a chewing case is absurd and outstandingly ridiculous.
Why not tell these guys that you don't have any jobs for them?
This is high brow scam!!!
WAVEACADEMY:
so? sir pls explain to me hw we are a scam, we an ngo with a simple task of reducing unemployment.
so for training we charge a token of 10k
and after we have place trainees in a job, we ask for 1/3 of their 1st month salary
understanding that unemployed ppl are broke, we decided that training fee be paid after we have successfully gotten them a job
which also can be paid in instalment, however it suits the trainee
even the 1/3 of 1st month salary is charged because we believe that if we spend our resources in getting you a job, you as a grateful person shld give back so we can help others too
and in keeping with our transperency policy, we dont do automatic deduction on trainees salary after being successfully placed. we ask that you give us a third of your first month salary after we have placed you, but its ultimately up to the trainees to pay or not.
ARE WE NOT FAIR ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
lighternote:
You are not fair enough at all and I am disappointed that this is coming from supposedly registered high profile HR individuals. Sacking a whole batch 10 of over 20 jobless individuals whom you have been drilling unjustly for over 2 weeks just because of a chewing case is absurd and outstandingly ridiculous.

hmmmmm....i just dy read thru
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WAVEACADEMY: 8:11pm On Mar 02, 2015
lighternote:
FYI they have been reinstated, and lecture resumes tmrw
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
Pls I will pay any thing u wnt me to pay as long as you can give me a job. 1/3 aint a big deal. Pls include me in the program, and when I get the job, u cn evn take half of it. Abeeegggggg. I hv a Bsc in government and public Admin (2.2)
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WAVEACADEMY: 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
yungbeef:
Pls I will pay any thing u wnt me to pay as long as you can give me a job. 1/3 aint a big deal. Pls include me in the program, and when I get the job, u cn evn take half of it. Abeeegggggg. I hv a Bsc in government and public Admin (2.2)
click the link and apply: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kcarinze: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
you really need this as a student or if you"re looking for where to earn extra:
S o n y o n l i n e i n v e s t . c o m
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
WAVEACADEMY:
click the link and apply: https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1766357-7AeuBKNH1r
eeemmm, I didn't really read d previous posts b4 I jumped to conclusion. I aint interested in your job anymore. Too much negativity. Not a single person cn vouch for ur brand. 10k for training. Phfff, una try

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WAVEACADEMY: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2015
lighternote:
Integrity is one of the core values at WAVE. Lack of integrity is cited as the number ONE reason why employers in Nigeria fire their employees. WAVE Academy cannot and will not compromise its brand and reputation by placing trainees in jobs if there is any question surrounding their integrity. Such was the case today when a difficult decision had to be made to expel the entire class of WAVE trainees because one person refused to come forward and own up to a seemingly trivial act. In this instance, we had no choice but to throw the compromised "baby out with the bath water", in order to protect the integrity of the WAVE process.
Someone came forward eventually and the class is to be re-instated. Difficult decisions are usually unpopular but WAVE will choose the unpopular option over the popular vote, whenever it concerns quality of candidates that graduate from WAVE vs quantity, WAVE will choose quality 10 times out of 10
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lighternote: 3:56am On Mar 03, 2015
[LIES! LIES! LIES!]
L
I
E
S
!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAVEACADEMY:
to show you are brandishing lies, 80% of our trainee didnt pay training fee and they are currently working.
on the one year contract, which company employs a person who will quit in year time, plus the one year contract is an IT program, that certify you are able to stay on the job for a year. upon completion of that one year IT, your salary increases by 188%
we have more than hotel jobs, we have teaching, PA, customer care, receptionist etc
so the question now is, wont it be better if you got something doing, than sitting at home losing value and rubbishing our genuine attempt to reduce unemployment
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by lighternote: 4:07am On Mar 03, 2015
I categorically confirm your claims with evidence!
I sent someone to them and the story is as exactly as you said it even worse. To cap it all, the high handed scammer sacked a whole batch of jobless individuals whom she has been drilling for weeks over a chewing case. She sacked them because she saw chewing gum sticked somewhere on her wall or so. Can you imagine? I know she has no job for them and sacked them out of frustration but why not tell them the truth. Wave academy is a a time bomb waiting to explode. So disheartening nothing works in Nigeria.
She can come here and call me a jobless rejected fellow too... I will only laugh it off grin
For her information, check my profile very well. I am gainfully employed and can NEVER go jobless. NEVER!
IBOGIRL1:

Very funny,calling my statement a rant of a rejected applicant,for starters,u guys don't reject anybody cos u need all the money u can get and anybody that is comfortable with your proposal is accepted. U can scroll thru my profile very well if ur jaundiced eye allows it. I am a graduate of economics and am currently waiting to serve,just needed a partime job to keep mysef busy until may. I wonder how we could have been rejected for *hotel jobs* (waitresses) which we have even done so many times during school days. How do u reject sombody and stil demand for 10k for training materials. Oh I get it,u automatically label pple who don't buy ur idea of 10k upfront as rejected applicants. Very funny.once more, u and I know d truth and am not saying all these to discredit u but u guys myt need to change your system a bit and stop asking jobless nigerians for money upfront and signing a year of bondage to work in a hotel. During the interview u categorically stated that your salary scale was within 30-35k,stop with the 70k deceit uv bin spilling here. I got your info from nairaland bfor I came around. If uv hav workd sucessfully with so many nairalanders as u claim, y aint they coming out to testify. Y is your thread always filled with first time comers who are yet to get the grill or pple who discredit u.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:11am On Mar 03, 2015
WAVEACADEMY:
Integrity is one of the core values at WAVE. Lack of integrity is cited as the number ONE reason why employers in Nigeria fire their employees. WAVE Academy cannot and will not compromise its brand and reputation by placing trainees in jobs if there is any question surrounding their integrity. Such was the case today when a difficult decision had to be made to expel the entire class of WAVE trainees because one person refused to come forward and own up to a seemingly trivial act. In this instance, we had no choice but to throw the compromised "baby out with the bath water", in order to protect the integrity of the WAVE process.
Someone came forward eventually and the class is to be re-instated. Difficult decisions are usually unpopular but WAVE will choose the unpopular option over the popular vote, whenever it concerns quality of candidates that graduate from WAVE vs quantity, WAVE will choose quality 10 times out of 10

Well, at ds juncture, I so much doubt if those pple u are dealing with are graduates. Ur statements here portrayed them as secondary school students or set of immature pple. Being a trainee or the fact dat they are still unemployed after graduation doesn't make them kids dat shld b treated like primary school pupils. I rest my case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2015
yungbeef:
eeemmm, I didn't really read d previous posts b4 I jumped to conclusion. I aint interested in your job anymore. Too much negativity. Not a single person cn vouch for ur brand. 10k for training. Phfff, una try

I noticed dat too, not even a single person
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by henrixx(m): 8:59am On Mar 03, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Well, at ds juncture, I so much doubt if those pple u are dealing with are graduates. Ur statements here portrayed them as secondary school students or set of immature pple. Being a trainee or the fact dat they are still unemployed after graduation doesn't make them kids dat shld b treated like primary school pupils. I rest my case
the reviews here scares me.....mine is dat how sure will one get the job....where do they get the job from
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by WAVEACADEMY: 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
talk2yommex2000:

Orders from the CEO are to disengage from such baseless accusations. The truth sets us all free. Please call us on 01.291.6586 when you are ready to engage in a civilized evidence-based conversation.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2015
WAVEACADEMY:
Orders from the CEO are to disengage from such baseless accusations. The truth sets us all free. Please call us on 01.291.6586 when you are ready to engage in a civilized evidence-based conversation.

dats quite ok, but then, wats ur say to the fact that no positive comment or response here regarding waveacademy? Not even one person can vouch for ur brand as pointed out by yungbeef and others.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Harrisibor(m): 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
Pls anybody knows of UNILINKS I got this from them some few hours agos, You are invited for an outsourcing interview holding at
-TFC Hall 22 road Festac Town

Pls help a brother don't want to go waste my transport ooooo
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Silasthegreat(m): 12:36am On Mar 06, 2015
Hello,, does anybody know about this?

ZISLTD/548
You are invited for an aptitude test tomorrow 06/03/2015 at our head office, 160 Herbert Macaulay way third floor by Adekunle Bus stop, Yaba Lagos, by 2:00pm.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by worshipdevice(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hi Folks,
Pls does anyone know more about Gigastreams Consulting?
I just want to find out how trust worthy they are in terms of giving people job.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Feiraz: 1:55pm On Mar 07, 2015
I need information about an essay compotition
. Any one here could give me a link or other off line info about this. I have found the essay competition opportunity at
[url]
http://scholarshipdesk.com/moolahspot-scholarship-an-essay-competition-scholarship/[/url], However, I need other interesting ones...
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2015
please,does any1 knw waterford limited@ 11 Ajibade oke street; Ajao estate.invited for an interview there scheduled for monday,got d mail from waterfordlimited@gmail.com, applied via jobberman
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 08, 2015
pls,does it mean no1 on nairaland knows abt waterford limited@ 11 Ajibade oke street,Ajao estate? kindly help a brother
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Topsonhandsome(m): 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
PLS THIS IS URGENT , IS THIS REAL.
Hello we're pleased to invite you for a test/interview @ ICSL . Date : Tuesday 10th March,2015 by 8am prompt . Venue : 6 olusoji Idowu street , off association avenue , obanikoro b/s , ilupeju lagos . Kindly come with ur credentials. Pls tomorrow is the test date , do help to verify this . Don't wanna waste my money and time .
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kingpin4life(m): 10:48am On Mar 10, 2015
Please, I really want to confirm if this is a fake job.

ADMIN05/01
MGR invites you for an aptitude test and job interview on 10/03/2015 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd, beside Lanre Shittu Motors, Onipanu B/stop, Lagos.
Time: 1pm. Be punctual!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=Kingpin4life post=31481195]Please, I really want to confirm if this is a fake job.

ADMIN05/01
MGR invites you for an aptitude test and job interview on 10/03/2015 @ 161 Ikorodu Rd, beside Lanre Shittu Motors, Onipanu B/stop, Lagos.
Time: 1pm. Be punctual! [/quote

Run bro,na gnld...diff names wit same adress kip floodin my fone wit sms everyday
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by talk2yommex2000(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Kingpin4life:

ADMIN05/01

Go there, IF AND ONLY IF u are not spending a dime, not even a dime on transport. At least u wil listen to stories of aw som pple made millions in a month, unreasonable ways on aw to b ur own boss etc. Best of Luck
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kingpin4life:

ADMIN05/01
fake fake fake fake. Dnt u dare go there. GNLD
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
this gnld iz bcumin sumtin else o....paid 5k few months ago to ds prosperite concept or shey na richbond,they wont tell u wat they ar into until u pay d money,al they wil say iz they ar so called busines developers...nd their mouth sweet die.BEWARE!!!

Any genuine organizatn wil never ask u to pay before u r recruited!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.