Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo (35474 Views)

Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts / SSS “arrests” Junaid Mohammed Over Comments About President Jonathan / Businessman Arrested Over Online Comments About Emeka Offor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by 50calibre(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
Africa is an unevolved continent, with unevolved inhabitants, known for high levels of intellectual deficiency.

I don't see how the burden falls on the west to come up with a cure, when all Africans do is kill each other and fill up their blockheads with nothing but religion.

I think Africa is adequately prepared to deal with Ebola, there are millions of pastors performing miracles, it's time to gather them all and put them to the test, the need has never been greater.

I think the west should quarantine the whole of Africa and allow them deal with their problems.

The first Ebola outbreak was in the 70s around the time of Ali vs Foreman fight, it was eliminated, now the homo habilises in Liberia and Sierra Leone have brought it back with their stupidity and primitive association with apes and bush meats.

I watched a Vice documentary of Liberia, most indegenes believe Ebola is a hoax, some were proudly consuming bush meat on camera, claiming immunity to Ebola.

Ebola has been brought back, what's next? Perhaps small pox.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jakumo:

To the privileged class who commute by private jet, the closing of borders is of little concern once that bird is airborne and streaking across the heavens towards a pre-arranged refueling airport, en-route to ANYWHERE the exclusive passengers own real-estate.

Closure of national borders is a factor that only the poor and the average need contemplate.

The borders of the destination countries should also be closed. Then they can land their private jets in planet Neptune or Pluto

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by MadCow1: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Thank you. I dey wait for door with my towel around my waist. Today will be a good day #Enjoymenttinz.

I don laff nearly piss for body.. grin
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Jakumo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
50calibre:
I think Africa is adequately prepared to deal with Ebola, there are millions of pastors performing miracles, it's time to gather them all and put them to the test, the need has never been greater.

I think the west should quarantine the whole of Africa and allow them deal with their problems.

Ironically if a major Ebola outbreak does occur in Nigeria, those legions of miracle pastors and juju-men offering magic cures will be among the first victims to be felled, since anyone within miles that comes down with Ebola will head straight to the the nearest person offering a miracle cure, and thus infect the impostor for his trouble.

With the ranks of Nigeria's magic-wand wavers decimated during the first onslaught of the disease, your average Joe would realize that his goose is cooked.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by gidjah(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: I see nothing wicked about the comments. It is just the obvious truth.
YES u are pretty correct friend.in a nation where her leaders care less about her health sector,the doctors have bin on strike for long and nothing special seem be done about it.teachers of higher learning went on strike for over a year and nothing could be done by d leaders ,every thing is done with politics,you play health matters wit politics .you play politics wit education, you play politics wit religion...how do you expect anothernation who seem to be proactive to play politics wit her nation?if our dear nation has given good ears to this issue ever since , it would not have come to this panicking level knowin fully well that we share borders with all d concerned nation.but our leaders are just too busy thinkin evil with their god giving senses, everyone is on how to manipulate the up coming election so no good thing to think about.God Go help us!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by UjSizzle(f): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
I'd close my borders if I were any of those countries. Work on getting a cure, but still keep the people within safe.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by gemini35(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
LaurelP:

Must u bring in tribalism in everything bros
Wat concerns Igbo in dis issue now? Pls learn to be cultured and mature
Stop all dis hate dat u people are spreading, there's no gain in it
why did the yorubas hate igbo?, did we offend them?or jealousy?
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by egopersonified(f): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
AkinEgba: A colleague of mine is returning from Liberia this month. I am not yet sure how to receive him at the office.

Better resign fast, lol.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
abeg close all borders quick quick, nah who no dey fear ebola, or who wan die undecided

i support dem jare
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by ebosse(m): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
egopersonified:

Better resign fast, lol.

Loooooooollll... Una no go kill me with laff for Naira land!!!

But come to think of it , that's not a bad idea.

Health is wealth.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by begwong: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Since the west saw that the BH they are sponsoring wont break Nigeria b4 their doomsday 2015,what else do you expect rather than another way of "finishing" the country thru a US citizen.
Dont forget,the american flown back to yankee from liberia is recuperating over there while they tell us no cure.
How comes all those rangers in all the zoos of oversee no catch this disease? Shebi BAT(one of d disease carriers) need visa to fly from Africa to U.S/Europe ni!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by begwong: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
gemini35: why did the yorubas hate igbo?, did we offend them?or jealousy?
U could have form alliance with them during the civil war,all this hatred for no dey.
Meanwhle,no ethnic group is immune with the Ebo Baba virus ooo. so make una amend una ways here on earth b4 una re- meet for yonder!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by egopersonified(f): 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
YourCoffin: Where're our professors? Na only strike they sabi do? We need them now oO!!!

this is actually a blessing in disguise for some of them. Imagine attending to a patient only for u to be told u ve d virus too, infact, they would even be praying this strike lingers.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by eluquenson(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
This is a clear sign of End of Time as so many diseases are yet to show up, it's only God that can help us.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
AkinEgba: A colleague of mine is returning from Liberia this month. I am not yet sure how to receive him at the office.

Your office should subject him to mandatory testing and only when proven clean should he be permitted to return. Individuals, companies and the private sector should all play their part and not just sit, wait and blame government. Information and rapid action is critical and am afraid your company is not showing much positivity. You should have no staff in that country since yesterday. By the time you guys act the borders may already be closed. Too much lethargy.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by ebosse(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
UjSizzle: I'd close my borders if I were any of those countries. Work on getting a cure, but still keep the people within safe.

*Work on a cure*... If the countries affected aren't bothered enough I don't see how those unaffected would.

The illegal billionaires/ polithiefcians/senators for the 1st time will have to come up with a possible solution cause they will be stuck here like every1 of us.

In fact I'm in total support of this.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
fellis:

Ebola isn't with them bro.

I know the comments by dem whiteys are annoying but try and be realistic. Ebola isn't with those in the U.S.
I undastand wats up with dem errbody want safety no body want killin sh1t to come em way.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by 50calibre(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jakumo:

Ironically if a major Ebola outbreak does occur in Nigeria, those legions of miracle pastors and juju-men offering magic cures will be among the first victims to be felled, since anyone within miles that comes down with Ebola will head straight to the the nearest person offering a miracle cure, and thus infect the impostor for his trouble.

With the ranks of Nigeria's magic-wand wavers decimated during the first onslaught of the disease, your average Joe would realize that his goose is cooked.

Lol the frightening aspect is it's speed. Ebola doesn't waste time, it takes down its victims in matter of days, in the most brutal fashion.

This is a challenge to the miracle mongers, a formidable opponent has presented itself, how many will take on Ebola.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by timbros(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
oops
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Reference(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
I spoke with staff of a number of private clinics/hospitals and was amazed that some have not had a single clinical meeting specifically to address this matter since the crises broke. Others are at a loss as to how to handle the situation if and when the evil wind blows their way. Just not good enough. It is ignorance that kills more. Folks we need to step up.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by judedwriter(m): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Office kini Abeg make dem check am from airport.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by cococandy(f): 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Emmaomotob(m): 7:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
The difference btw the number of guys and girls on Nairaland is GIGANTIC!!! grin
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by olabukola: 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
safeLove:

Ok. I knew him personally.
But if google says he's American (by virtue of possession of citizenship),then so be it.

#amjustsaying#
Potential Ebola dey Niaraland ooh. Logging out now. I hear hear the thing dey connect online. Run run run!!!!!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by kingsilly(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by cocoduck: 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Simply washing of hands regularly and not putting your fingers into your mouth is more than enough to stop the spread of this virus.
cleaness is next to Godliness. It is not passed form person to person by mere contact. this virus is propagated simply because of the dirty lifestyles of a lot of Africans who use poverty as an excuse of not being clean
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
Statistically Ebola is not that much of a threat.
Millions of people have died of Malaria since the 1st published Ebola outbreak in the seventies....

Ebola has killed under 5000 people globally in the same time period..
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
eluquenson: This is a clear sign of End of Time as so many diseases are yet to show up, it's only God that can help us.

its not yet time for the creator to end the world
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
judedwriter:
Office kini Abeg make dem check am from airport.

He may not show any sign during any airport checks. The thing has any incubation period grin grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist: Statistically Ebola is not that much of a threat.
Millions of people have died of Malaria since the 1st published Ebola outbreak in the seventies....

Ebola has killed under 5000 people globally in the same time period..

stop speaking ignorantly.... Anyone that has watch a Zombie film "INTELLECTUALLY"... knows that its very easy for a virus to kill.. and its very easy for people to pass it to one another..

right now 90% of anyone that has ebola should be considered a "WALKING DEAD" especially if the person is in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nihilist: 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
GodMode:

stop speaking ignorantly.... Anyone that has watch a Zombie film "INTELLECTUALLY"... knows that its very easy for a virus to kill.. and its very easy for people to pass it to one another..

right now 90% of anyone that has ebola should be considered a "WALKING DEAD" especially if the person in Africa.

How have I spoken ignorantly you dullard?

Considering the fact that Ebola had no cure, how come the mortality rate remains so low since it was 1st announced around 40 years ago?
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by GodMode: 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist:

How have I spoken ignorantly you dullard?

Considering the fact that Ebola had no cure, how come the mortality rate remains so low since it was 1st announced around 40 years ago?

you speak ignorantly cos u don't you don't understand how virus spreads... malaria kills faster cos of lack of treatment and its not contagious... Ebola is contagious but patients are quarantined immediately..

now imagine a person not knowing if he/she has ebola and is walking around freely....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrates His Wife, Margaret, On Her 49th Birthday / No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited / Gordon Obua Is Dead! Jonathan's Ex CSO Dies Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.