Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo (35314 Views)

Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts / SSS “arrests” Junaid Mohammed Over Comments About President Jonathan / Businessman Arrested Over Online Comments About Emeka Offor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12: To minimize the risk I agree that they should quarantine regions where this is reported.

Though I think at this point it is medicine after death. There is already a suspected case in New York. How many potential sick people have gone round the world at this point? Too late!

I blame our reactive governments the world over. When this was taking root in Guinea why didn't people make sure to close the country's borders? Now this is becoming a bigger problem than we thought.

Oh well.
That is the most annoying thing in all of this. Nigerian leaders are dormant in nature. PTUI!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12:

Not sure why you are acting so Judgemental.

Nigeria's Ebola problem was not self inflicted as it came from a visitor who happened to land and die there.

As we speak there is also a suspected case of Ebola in New York, USA.

Someone could just easily land in South Africa with the disease (and he may not even have West African origins). So people will ask then for your country to be quarantined because you guys are a nuisance?

Just calm down because diseases can take root anywhere.

Stop being hypocrites, you are and were judging Liberia and others all this time now you want to play victim? Where you all not insulting the Liberia poor soul as if he took a needle and infected himself the took a flight to Nigeria?

By the way, in 1996 a doctor from Gabon brought EBOLA to SA, he was treated for the disease and he is alive as we speak while a SA lady nurse payed with her life for
preserving that man's life. Did you hear South Africans insulting the guy and his country for that? Nope! While you guys where saying the most heartless things about the Liberia man.

I am just happy SA, announced that anyone who comes to the country and Non-south Africans will not be treated for EBOLA only South Africans will be treated others will be quarantined.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Please where did you see us Judging Liberia?

What the hell is wrong with you and why do you need to fabricate stories? Calm down and quit being judgmental, finito.

BluIvy:

Stop being hypocrites, you are and were judging Liberia and others all this time now you want to play victim? Where you all not insulting the Liberia poor soul as if he took a needle and infected himself the took a flight to Nigeria?

By the way, in 1996 a doctor from Gabon brought EBOLA to SA, he was treated for the disease and he is alive as we speak while a SA lady nurse payed with her life for
preserving that man's life. Did you hear South Africans insulting the guy and his country for that? Nope! While you guys where saying the most heartless things about the Liberia man.

I am just happy SA, announced that anyone who comes to the country and Non-south Africans will not be treated for EBOLA only South Africans will be treated others will be quarantined.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12: Please where did you see us Judging Liberia?

What the hell is wrong with you and why do you need to fabricate stories? Calm down and quit being judgmental, finito.

You are starting to annoy me with your lies. Read this, its one of the threads and the head.
https://www.nairaland.com/1842785/patrick-sawyer-liberian-ebola-medical

chulla12: Please where did you see us Judging Liberia?

You are starting to annoy me with your lies. Read this, its one of the threads and see the topic.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 05, 2014
BluIvy:

You are starting to annoy me with your lies. Read this, its one of the threads and see the topic.

I'm sure you wanted to post a link or something?

So one person posts something on a wall (whatever it is) means that Nigerians are judging liberia?

You think that one South African didn't have anything to say about the Gabonese who brought Ebola to your country because the internet wasn't widespread in 1996?

And you judging all west africans (including the liberians you seem to defend) is you not being a typical south african? How inconsistent of you.

You have got to be dumb or a crackpot and I think I will cease replying you.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12:

I'm sure you wanted to post a link or something?

So one person posts something on a wall (whatever it is) means that Nigerians are judging liberia?

You think that one South African didn't have anything to say about the Gabonese who brought Ebola to your country because the internet wasn't widespread in 1996?

And you judging all west africans (including the liberians you seem to defend) is you not being a typical south african? How inconsistent of you.

You have got to be dumb or a crackpot and I think I will cease replying you.

Hey diccck head its not only one person read the Dannm threads and see very few if any said anything sympathetic about the guy and his country. You people are bloody narcissists, we are talking about Nigeria here where did I judge the rest of West Africa? Why always try to attach by force? Yes I am jackpot but you are a diccck head and bloody narcissist. Its always everyone's fault when its bad and all yours in its exaggerated manner when its good. You better shut it!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 2:37am On Aug 05, 2014
BluIvy:
EXCUSE ME! THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE WHOLE OF AFRICA BUT WEST AFRICA. I THINK THEY ARE RIGHT THE SHOULD BE NO MOVEMENT OUT OF WEST AFRICA, NOT TO ANY OTHER PARTS OF AFRICA OR THE WORLD. QUARANTINE WEST AFRICA BECOUSE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARE ALWAYS TRAVELING SEEKING GOD KNOWS WHAT ALL OVER THE WORLD THEY WILL SURELY SPREAD THIS EBOLA EVERYWHERE.

Did you read what you wrote above? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm not sure of what you mean concerning anyone being sympathetic to the Liberian or Liberia in general but judging from your above post you need to take your own advice.

You have devolved already to insults like a lunatic so I am leaving you to your schizophrenic rants.

*ignored*

BluIvy:

Hey diccck head its not only one person read the Dannm threads and see very few if any said anything sympathetic about the guy and his country. You people are bloody narcissists, we are talking about Nigeria here where did I judge the rest of West Africa? Why always try to attach by force? Yes I am jackpot but you are a diccck head and bloody narcissist. Its always everyone's fault when its bad and all yours in its exaggerated manner when its good. You better shut it!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 3:24am On Aug 05, 2014
chulla12:

Did you read what you wrote above? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

I'm not sure of what you mean concerning anyone being sympathetic to the Liberian or Liberia in general but judging from your above post you need to take your own advice.

You have devolved already to insults like a lunatic so I am leaving you to your schizophrenic rants.

*ignored*

You are the loony here. Or you pretend to be an illiterate goon that you obviouly are. Closing West African borders is being unsympathetic in which way? Atleast, i have not been insulting those countries for their misfortune but EBOLA should be contained one way or another.You have been ignoring me forever but still come back to showcase your idiocy. Bye now!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 05, 2014
BluIvy:

You are the loony here. Or you pretend to be an illiterate goon that you obviouly are. Closing West African borders is being unsympathetic in which way? Atleast, i have not been insulting those countries for their misfortune but EBOLA should be contained one way or another.You have been ignoring me forever but still come back to showcase your idiocy. Bye now!
West Africa needs the developed nations help. At the end the subcontinent might be quarantined.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Revolva(m): 7:41am On Aug 05, 2014
OMO IF THIS VIRUS REALLY START SPREADING ...E GO KILL MANY PEOPLE HERE OOO
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by wordcat(m): 8:51am On Aug 05, 2014
cirmuell: No, I say we close our borders to the world till this madness die down...what do you think? undecided

Mtcheww, Lemme know when the governments of those said countries shut their borders against Africa.

They can't survive without Africa.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by porka: 9:01am On Aug 05, 2014
rattlesnake: An American brought Ebola to nigeria

He was on a bioterrorism [suicide] mission.

They could not fathom that Nigeria has been insulated for more than six months.

So they did [the did] themselves.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by wordcat(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2014
YourCoffin: Where're our professors? Na only strike they sabi do? We need them now oO!!!

Professor Maurice Iwu is on top of the situation.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by diarra94(m): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2014
begwong: Since the west saw that the BH they are sponsoring wont break Nigeria b4 their doomsday 2015,what else do you expect rather than another way of "finishing" the country thru a US citizen.
Dont forget,the american flown back to yankee from liberia is recuperating over there while they tell us no cure.
How comes all those rangers in all the zoos of oversee no catch this disease? Shebi BAT(one of d disease carriers) need visa to fly from Africa to U.S/Europe ni!
i will not call you stupid... but i think if you read your comment again yo'ull probably realise that yourself. people like you with no knowledge of science and how natural forces operate, is why we need ebola to wipe out africa. seriously stop blaming the west for your shortcomings and deal with your problems yourself. how can a fucking bat fly from africa to america... it is not a migratory bird. you better educate yourself before you contaminate others with such outrageous levels of illiteracy.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AnanseK(m): 9:36am On Aug 05, 2014
ChrisOD:

Mumu! What's the difference between a half full cup and a half empty cup?

One of the features of semi-literates is refusal to accept correction.
Your own cup is half empty and it will soon be empty when you become a full time and permanent illiterate.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2014
Just a fun fact for ya'll: The ebola virus resides in the testicles/semen of male survivors for about two months after "recovery".
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by wordcat(m): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2014
ebosse:

Loooooooollll... Una no go kill me with laff for Naira land!!!

But come to think of it , that's not a bad idea.

Health is wealth.

This ur name sef, e take style resemble the matter wey we dey talk.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by pedro08: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dnt care
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by topaaz(m): 2:24pm On Aug 05, 2014
We're here taking this ebola lightly. Something has to be done to prevent the spread of this dreaded virus ravaging the continent of Africa. IMO, I think this thing was invented by greedy westerners that wants to send Africans in Africa into extinction. You guys may not realize this but this western people are envious of the natural resources Africa is blessed with and they're ready to do whatever it takes to take over this continent of ours. Let's open our eyes and see what's really happening.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Eroxxy: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
MadCow1: We should all be prepared to die..

An Epidemic, especially one of this sort is not something that a careless and irresponsible Nation like Nigeria can handle.

We wll survive dis too!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by leketones(m): 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2014
durella4: God pls help us,west african ve nw bcome a mockery.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by leketones(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
durella4: God pls help us,west african ve nw bcome a mockery.
u be big fool,u guys no go take proper steps,na only God u sabi shout,make god help u,u av bcom a mockery #mufus#
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by AkinEgba: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
AnanseK:

One of the features of semi-literates is refusal to accept correction.
Your own cup is half empty and it will soon be empty when you become a full time and permanent illiterate.

Illiterate = inability to read and write
literate = ability to read and write
Semi = half (of anything)

By implication, if your inability to read and write is not absolute, meaning you can read or write some things, so less than your full potential compared to your peers, then you are semi-illiterate. The reverse for ''literate'' is correct too. Some grammar (or whereva you wanna call it) are more than just basic, every-day English language, hence we have what they call technical or applied writing.

In conclusion, the question he asked you as to the difference between ''half full'' and ''half empty'' is very apt. You are backing up the wrong tree with me. Okay? You are light years behind. Thank you.

See evidence that there is a phrase called semi-illiterate here http://www.appliedscholastics.org/education-issues/hidden-illiteracy-the-ignorance-of-ignorance.html
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
a lady having symptoms 'suggestive' of Ebola been investigated in Kano.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by durella4(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
leketones: u be big fool,u guys no go take proper steps,na only God u sabi shout,make god help u,u av bcom a mockery #mufus#

Thanks!!!
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by Jakumo(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
joker5180: a lady having symptoms 'suggestive' of Ebola been investigated in Kano.

BBC reports EIGHT more Ebola cases in Lagos, all of them being people who had direct contact with either the Liberian bio-terrorist who brought the contagion from Liberia to Lagos, Nigeria, or with the doctor who treated the Liberian man prior to his death from Ebola.

The sheer population density in which metropolitan Lagos' 21 million souls reside makes it a highly volatile flash-point for rampant and rapid disease transmission, where an exponential increase in the number of new Ebola infections may occur in a matter of weeks, if DRASTIC measures are not adopted by the state government. Such preventive measures may include the outright banning of political rallies and major sporting events that normally draw large crowds. Places of worship could, in such an emergency situation, be ADVISED by the government that the once-routine practice of holding large services could, in the unfolding Apocalypse, increase the rate of transmission, rather than mitigate the death toll, as sought in the mass prayers held at such gatherings.

Closure of schools and even of hospitals also rank among the drastic damage-control measures that may be adopted by Nigerian government at all levels, if the Ebola wild-fire is not extinguished by the timely discovery and global distribution of a drug proven to slow down or defeat the deadly virus. The history that is recorded over the pivotal next few moths will either celebrate a miraculous scientific breakthrough that literally saves the human race from mass extinction, or that historical record will chronicle the greatest cataclysm to befall human-kind thus far, one continent at a time, in falling domino fashion.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by igwechosen(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2014
This virus is really deadly, in don't pray my enemies get this infection.
Re: Ebola: See Comments About Africa On Yahoo by ibkt456: 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Attention.

Please be vigilant and watchful of the people around you, a new virus called EBOLA is on the spread, and currently it has no cure.

View Details here: http://cur.lv/bpevb

Please re-broadcast this message to all your family members and love ones/friends, so that we can manage suspected cases.

We are currently doing our best to control this until a vaccine can handle it.

W.H.O
World Health Organization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / Oyo-ita Returns To Work After Rejection Of Retirement / Mohammed Bello El-Rufai, Erhiatake Ibori-Suenu Named Committee Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.