Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:58 AM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (103954 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by ewizard1: 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Crunches popcorn!... Sips pure Water!
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
PAYMENT METHOD

I will explain them in line with shinaf Listing.

1 . ESCROW

This is similar to your aliexpress payment. Same way you pay on Aliexpress. The advantage of this is that your money is not in the hand of the suppliers or Manufacturers but in the account of Alibaba Group of companies. These is to ensure that in case things goes wrong you can get your money back.
Below is a screenshot on AliBaba Escrow Page.
Please forgive me screenshot from an android mobile phone however it is the computer page version.

This is a screenshot Showing an Order placed on Alibaba for watches about $138.48

This is a screenshot show me about to pay

This is a screenshot showing that my payment was successful.

I love Visa Card. Access....

2. MONEY TRANSFER THROUGH THIRD PARTY SHIPPING COMPANIES.

Briefly:
There are situations where a company will never accept escrow. It does not mean they are fraud. Its just the way the want it.

Now to pay these class of manufacturers or sellers see this thread.

3. PAYPAL

With the introduction of PayPal. Life has been easy for Major Importers.
Another way to pay your manufacturer or supplier is through Paypal.
To get more info on payment via Paypal see any of the PayPal thread on Nairaland or better still visit PayPal Nigeria website.

4. Use of 3rd Party Online.

Please if you are Inexperienced , Beginner, Fearful type, Inpatient Do not Practise this.
I plead again do not practise this.
This type entails you using an online Chinese seller and paying to him through his Aliexpress account and asking him to help you pay to the supplier. I feel I should not go into details about this. I am scared some will practise it and loose money. So I will end this here

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by ibangs(m): 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ymodulus and Shinaf u guyz r really doing good job. Ride on! Just can't stop learning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 9:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
NEGOTIATIONS

Because you are dealing with a WholeSaler or Manufacturer is not a guarantee that you are getting the best price.
Yes you will get a good reasonable price but how can you get the best of the best.

**Exhales**

This I won't explain or go into details. But 1 piece of advice

" Put your seller in an emotional state. "

This is where I will stop on this

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
PROPOSAL

yes at times you must have sent message to some sellers on Alibaba.com and none of them will reply you. Or you must have contacted some manufacturers and they won't respond.
Truth is you don't expect all to respond. But also ask yourself what am I getting wrong.

Now if you don't want to learn about proposal please see the next post below called CHATTING RULES.

FORMAT of PROPOSAL

First of all, credits to whom credits is due MAYORALL. I am a experienced a little bit because MayorAll guided me on the way of Light.

Now there are several kind of proposals. However for this tutorial I will be teaching you on the DIRECT BUSINESS APPROACH PROPOSAL.

Here you will learn how to send a manufacturer on Alibaba or other sites a message for quotation request or business invitation.

Please note that I have decided not to upload screenshots of PERSONAL PROPOSAL because everybody here will begin to recopy it and use and once any seller sees it. They will say he's a Nigerian.

Now format.

Hi. ( manufacturer or wholesaler name )

I am Ymodulus from Ymodulus Watches Big. Ltd

My company will be interested in buying 300pieces of your curren watches.

Please send us your qoutation or P. I , TradeManager I'd, Skype Username , Email, Website.

We look forward to doing business with you.

Ymodulus
General Manager of Ymodulus Watches Big Ltd

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by biz2get(m): 9:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
seems legit......
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by shinaf: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Note the Proposal above Ymodulus did the following

1. Introduced himself as the Manager to a non existant company.

2. Asked for 300pieces of watches. Of which he might not buy up to that

3. Asked for their Quotation or Personal Invoice (P. I)

4. He didn't write long story about personal life. He just went straight to business.

In essence his proposal was in this format.

-------------;------------------
Greetings

Introduction of yourself

State your need

Ask for their contact

Thanks

Restate your Name and Position

-----------

It is essential you appear like a big man so that the manufacturer or wholesaler will respect you and like to do business with you in future. Else all these Chinese manufacturers will take you for joke.

***CHATTING RULES***

As Ymodulus said above me. If you don't want to write a proposal then it is assumed you have a means to chat with them online. Take note of the following

1. Chatting is an informal ground but try and never you appear like the boss of your company. When a Chinese seller gives you a price and reply always tell him that you will like to confirm from your boss. (They will see you are not the head and do not make the calla and try to be reasonable with you on prices and other things).

"Be EMOTIONAL " (key to been a god)

I won't explain that term " been emotional".

Now this ends it here. Next let's go to

Shipping.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mayorall(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ymodulus: PROPOSAL

yes at times you must have sent message to some sellers on Alibaba.com and none of them will reply you. Or you must have contacted some manufacturers and they won't respond.
Truth is you don't expect all to respond. But also ask yourself what am I getting wrong.

Now if you don't want to learn about proposal please see the next post below called CHATTING RULES.

FORMAT of PROPOSAL

First of all, credits to whom credits is due MAYORALL. I am a experienced a little bit because MayorAll guided me on the way of Light.

Now there are several kind of proposals. However for this tutorial I will be teaching you on the DIRECT BUSINESS APPROACH PROPOSAL.

Here you will learn how to send a manufacturer on Alibaba or other sites a message for quotation request or business invitation.

Please note that I have decided not to upload screenshots of PERSONAL PROPOSAL because everybody here will begin to recopy it and use and once any seller sees it. They will say he's a Nigerian.

Now format.

Hi. ( manufacturer or wholesaler name )

I am Ymodulus from Ymodulus Watches Big. Ltd

My company will be interested in buying 300pieces of your curren watches.

Please send us your qoutation or P. I , TradeManager I'd, Skype Username , Email, Website.

We look forward to doing business with you.

Ymodulus
General Manager of Ymodulus Watches Big Ltd

I am honoured my friend. But cold is catching me grin

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
SHIPPING OF GOODS.

Well now it depends on you. Do you want to use DHL or you want to go through NIGERIAN SHIPPING AGENTS

usin Nigerian Shipping Agent is Highly Recommended.

Advantages of Shipping Agent.
- cheaper cost and faster
-escape custom wahala
- they can carry out Quality Check when item is manufactured by a factory.

To use a shipping agent give tour seller the shipping agent address and tell them to send the goods there.

For more info please read this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1819824/newly-found-shipping-agent-china

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Fran6ik: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
More grease to ur elbows o.p.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Adebayolove(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
May God bless you for this wonderful gift
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
mayorall:

I am honoured my friend. But cold is catching me grin

The power bank you see above. Is an example of what mayor got a manufacturer to have build to his taste.

That feature of customising things is called OEM or ODM.

You can decide to work up to churches, politicians, school union leaders, banks give them proposals and customise item for them while you make money.

No dulling. For more on customisation read this thread by Dav8id
https://www.nairaland.com/1495077/alibaba.com-make-poor

Or contact Nairaland Queen of contracts. TUTUCIOUS

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
Let me Upload pictures of works done or gotten from The Manufacturers or Makers.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Some few works

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Some

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Tomorrow I will try uploading pictures of Mobile phone and towel customised by Shinaf.

That reminds me do you know tecno Assembles and is more of an ODM??

Topic for another day.

Please ask your questions before I go to bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Without doubt you will agree with me that procurement from Alibaba is easy.

These are all there is to it. Nothing big about the manufacturers.

Now its left for you to go and develop extra skills.

Our work is just to teach you ABC. you are to learn how to use the ABC.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 10:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jeffy1206: Another opportunity for us to advertise our products lolz. Good one for beginners...
Mr advertiser come contribute. No run oo.
.for all if you need manufacturers info on mobile phones contact this guy.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dav8id(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2014
@Op great job here, you are doing the totural while some dudes are busy calling me on phone and asking me questions instead of droping their question here na wa ooh.+
well. For the proposal letter the best of doing that is to do it through ALIBABA BUYING REQUEST .
Buying request can be found at the top right hand of the website. Once you send your proposal letter through the buying request. More than 20 suppliers will contact you in respond to your buying request and its a good chance to get a good bargain.
Again as ymodolus said, never be in rush to make a conclusion in price,always post and tell them that you want will contact your boss and get back to them.+

9 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Gmanc(m): 1:11am On Aug 05, 2014
nice writeup following mode activated,i reserve mi sit in d front wow bcs i hv mny questn bro

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Davijunson: 1:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Nyc One OP...following with keen interest...would love to meet you in person tho.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by maxibrainz: 2:58am On Aug 05, 2014
nice one
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Dumdum217(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2014
I found out that alibaba don't deal on retails
Most of the products there, their minimum order ranges from 100pcs upward.

Please is there a way to beat down the qauntity as stated by the supplier?

Again, why is it difficult/impossible to find product like Tecno, Gionee and the likes on alibaba?
I thought they are china products too

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by LONGFELLOW02(m): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Ichel: Spread mat and grab 1 sack of kwulikwuli, Longfellow02, wey u dey lecture go soon start ooo, no 4get to bring d kunu

lol. . Am here with Akamu nd sugar. .

Is good to learn 4rm importers guru grin

Boss watsup nw?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by macklef(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Ymodulus: Some few works

Even schools are hot buy.
If you want a school socks collabo tho, you can hit me up.
Most sellers dont go less than 1000pairs, but uld rarely find schools that have that population on one style.
Btw, no upcoming school will do this even some big schools run from it but, if there a branded school, deld go for it.

Una welldone o, import masters. Una dey lecture wella.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by estherdim: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2014
Ymodulus: SEARCHING
VERIFICATION (safety Measures)
MANUFACTURER Confirmation (True or False)

NEGOTIATION
PAYMENT
SHIPPING
END.

Now I will be using a CuRREN watch as an Example.

** If we want to buy curren watch first we will visit alibaba.com and search for Curren in the search bar or through any way you believe you can search best.
Now when searching for an Item On Alibaba.com Please have the following in Mind.

1. GOLD SELLER.

Ensure that any item you want to buy the seller of that item is a gold supplier. You may ask is this necessary.
Well if you know that you dont want to be EASILY DUPED always deal with a Gold Seller.

Can i deal with a Non- Gold Seller?
Yes for sure. I have carried out several transaction with Non-Gold Suppliers. At times this Non-Gold Suppliers are even nicer than the So-Called Gold Supplier. However in dealing with a Non-Gold Supplier please do not break this RULE.

RULE1: Always I repeat Always Use Escrow. I don't have to explain Escrow here. If you don't know it Google it.

RULE2: Where rule 1 is not an option ensure that you only agree to PAYMENT-ON-DELIVERY (POD). Here your seller will send goods to Your Agent who will pay on delivery of the goods. (I trust my 9ja brothers. This one need no explanation. Abi??

2) Assessed supplier.
This is the very reliable supplier in Alibaba.com, because this kind of supplier have extream requirements to get assessed. They need to have a real existed company for exporting which as the complete certification and license to doing the export business, meantime, they must have a certified factory to produce the related products for their customers. If you want to verity this kind of supplier, the same way to click the "Company Overview", you will see the similar below information over there.

Note: To see or know an accessed supplier. u will see a logo there with the word Accessed.

Please am trying to safe my data now I will upload the Logo tomorrow.

PLS WHAT SUPPLIERS GOLD YEARS SHOULD ONE BE LOOKING OUT FOR WHEN DOING A RESEARCH

THANKS
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 11:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Dumdum217: I found out that alibaba don't deal on retails
Most of the products there, their minimum order ranges from 100pcs upward.

Please is there a way to beat down the qauntity as stated by the supplier?

Again, why is it difficult/impossible to find product like Tecno, Gionee and the likes on alibaba?
I thought they are china products too

Yes for sure. I buy few items . I bought just 1peice of Lenovo Vibe Mini yesterday.

Forget all those no you see there. These is where negotiations comes in. I will not like to go in there
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by phranco(m): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2014
macklef:

Even schools are hot buy.
If you want a school socks collabo tho, you can hit me up.
Most sellers dont go less than 1000pairs, but uld rarely find schools that have that population on one style.
Btw, no upcoming school will do this even some big schools run from it but, if there a branded school, deld go for it.

Una welldone o, import masters. Una dey lecture wella.
Mr macklef Longest tym bro, Sanchez from that your whatsapp group.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2014
Keep up the good work
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by phranco(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2014
@op, is there a way we can make the manufacturers cut down on their moq. Many of them has high moq's from 500 pcs and above. Then between alibaba and 1688,Which one is cheaper. Thanks for ur lectures So far,u have inspired many of us
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by macklef(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
phranco:
Mr macklef Longest tym bro, Sanchez from that your whatsapp group.
Yesso bro. Some of us just scarce sometimes. How u doing bruh.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by nairamaverick(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2014
at what point can you request for free shipping with dhl or express courier services?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.