Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37338 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2015
i will upload their recent picture soon as they are now 3 months old.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by row2ray(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
i have a question, how do you control ph concrete ponds.. i notice that different parts of mine have different ph values... and it gets more and more alkaline
when i started out, i ensured a ph value of 7.3-7.6 before egg fertilization, when i removed my netting i noticed my ph value had risen to 8.5-8.7... the average water ph where my hatchery is is 5.3. i initially regulated using CaCO3 (limestone). i limed with hydrated lime before pond fertilization, ... can u suggest to me probable cause of the ph spike
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by wisefizz(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Johnnyessence:
hello my friends in d house pls av search some
distributors of fish feed in Oshogbo but I don't find
Zeigler feeds pls any where to find d feed in d state
pls advice is needed Thks or any where they are
selling it in kwara state ur reply pls.

goodday, do you reside in osogbo? if yes, pls drop ur number.
i'm also in osogbo and i need to link up with a catfish farmer like you..

waiting for a prompt reply sir.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
row2ray:
i have a question, how do you control ph concrete ponds.. i notice that different parts of mine have different ph values... and it gets more and more alkaline
when i started out, i ensured a ph value of 7.3-7.6 before egg fertilization, when i removed my netting i noticed my ph value had risen to 8.5-8.7... the average water ph where my hatchery is is 5.3. i initially regulated using CaCO3 (limestone). i limed with hydrated lime before pond fertilization, ... can u suggest to me probable cause of the ph spike
The PH fluctuation might be due to underground sipping. Do you have industry(s) around where your farm is sited or close to where agricultutal chemicals are applied like fertilizers or herbicide? Another fluctuation might be due to the water system you are using. Is it borehole?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by row2ray(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
jam04:

The PH fluctuation might be due to underground sipping. Do you have industry(s) around where your farm is sited or close to where agricultutal chemicals are applied like fertilizers or herbicide? Another fluctuation might be due to the water system you are using. Is it borehole?
yes i use a bore hole and no thhere are no industries around its a strictly residential area.

but do these spike mean my sack frys will die?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Lorjes: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2015
Their good ppl of nl I have an earthen pond that I want to introduce catfish fingerlings by next week
But there are some greenish things like weed covering the face of the pond, does it mean any harm,
It has been removed before but it resurfaced again. Please I need an urgent advice. The pond has been used
Before by someone, even when I was reconstructing it they removed over 20 catfishes both big and small.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
row2ray:

yes i use a bore hole and no thhere are no industries around its a strictly residential area.

but do these spike mean my sack frys will die?
They wont die if you maintain the Ph level, results might be poor as ph is essential in breeding. You might consider changing location or find another water source.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lorjes:
Their good ppl of nl I have an earthen pond that I want to introduce catfish fingerlings by next week
But there are some greenish things like weed covering the face of the pond, does it mean any harm,
It has been removed before but it resurfaced again. Please I need an urgent advice. The pond has been used
Before by someone, even when I was reconstructing it they removed over 20 catfishes both big and small.
You need to explain more on the "greenish" thing. It could be algae or pond weed. If it's algae change the water by pumping it out and allow fresh water to sip in

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by bibelo: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Gud job guys. Please is any body into Tilapia fish farming cos I need info on it.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by row2ray(m): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
jam04:

They wont die if you maintain the Ph level, results might be poor as ph is essential in breeding. You might consider changing location or find another water source.

well i checked today and couldnnt see anything in the pond, so i flushed, im starting over... think i'll use a tarpaulin hatchery this time
what do you think?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2015
row2ray:

well i checked today and couldnnt see anything in the pond, so i flushed, im starting over... think i'll use a tarpaulin hatchery this time
what do you think?
If it is the same water, you will get the same result
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Lorjes: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
jam04

Chairman, it is pond weed.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by row2ray(m): 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
im using different water.. and location.. however i think if it is pond concrete leeching, the fact that im using tarpaulin should eliminate that factor... besides before i hatched the ph from the borehole was 5.3-5.6 depending on how heavy rain fall was
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2015
wow.. its been a while. i was so happy when i visited the farm of one of our silent thread follower here on Nl. he got the best location and he is on the path of becoming a successful cat fish farmer. when we say successful, we mean those that raise catfishes to get high returns not meager returns.. the big n
he took his first step to achieving that big bold step. he decided not to follow the band wagon. he want to be distinct. this is a pic of his natural aquifer. this aquifer run for 24hrs non-stop. now imagine the volume of water gushing out of that time. its MASSIVE!!!!

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2015
here again.. i so much love this aquifer. thorough research and patience gave birth to this...do it right and do it well. catfish farming pays. do not let anyone deceive you.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2015
this aquifer can conveniently supply 6 ponds. it is a gold mine cheesy
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
at 4 months old

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2015
new pond.. just 2 months old. see a true definition of 'blending with nature'. fishes feel at home in these kind of ponds

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by omo1201: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Is there whatsapp. Number for catfish group
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
wisefizz:

goodday, do you reside in osogbo? if yes, pls drop ur number.
i'm also in osogbo and i need to link up with a catfish farmer like you..

waiting for a prompt reply sir.
i reside in osogbo my phone no. 08065640627.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2015
omo1201:
Is there whatsapp. Number for catfish group

Why do you need a catfish group? We can share and discuss whatever we want on here. You might even get more help and suggestions on the forum
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2015
I think we need to discuss more on earthen and artificial ponds, so many people are making mistakes
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
jam04:
I think we need to discuss more on earthen and artificial ponds, so many people are making mistakes

Looking forward to learn frm the discussions. Start rolling sir smiley
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2015
Good morning
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by mykemiley(f): 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2015
Pls I need fingerlings
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:14am On Aug 11, 2015
mykemiley:
Pls I need fingerlings
How many...call me
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by mykemiley(f): 7:22am On Aug 11, 2015
jam04:

How many...call me
I'm in ph!u? I nid 250 fingerlings..
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:49am On Aug 11, 2015
mykemiley:
I'm in ph!u? I nid 250 fingerlings..
We are in ogun state. Dunno if its viable to order such small pieces from here to ph
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by mykemiley(f): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2015
jam04:

We are in ogun state. Dunno if its viable to order such small pieces from here to ph
abeg inbox me ur contact,I wan ask u sumtin
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2015
mykemiley:
abeg inbox me ur contact,I wan ask u sumtin

Check my signature. Good morning
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
happy sales day
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
they eat like gluttons. when they eat, they ground shakes.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) / Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures) / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.