Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,654 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? (46468 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / If Women Are Attracted By What They Hear, What Are Men Attracted To ? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 4:50am On Sep 04, 2006
Since you take special exception to something I wrote months ago could you post a link so I can reread it?

Sista:

When your response to her is to casually say "Try dating White, Asian and Hispanic men"
The implication is you have concluded that their are no more good Nigerian men.
The implication? As in the one & only implication? As in the only way the comment can be read?. . .Or your assumption? I stated, restated & clarified my opinion. What's the problem now? You sound like you're spoilin to quarrel with me. Why? I do not know.

Sista:
You really need to be careful with what you say. As I told you in another post, you are very young I believe 22. You have just become a young lady but you are not that far from just coming off of your mothers breast.
I know I'm 22. Unfortunately I have no control over this, but don't mistake 22 for "young dumb & full of lipsrsealed " & don't think b/c you read my posts that you know anything about my mother's tits jare. Ok?

Now if you want to make a point you needn't patronize me. You can just make the point.

I am careful with what I say but "thank you" for the added encouragement. Perhaps you should be careful about the conclusions you jump to.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 5:31am On Sep 04, 2006
@ Chinani

Since you take special exception to something I wrote months ago could you post a link so I can reread it?

I am not the one who has the burden of proof. Remember you responded to a post I wrote over a month ago.

Quote from: Sista on Today at 03:44:45 AM
When your response to her is to casually say "Try dating White, Asian and Hispanic men"
The implication is you have concluded that their are no more good Nigerian men.
The implication? As in the one & only implication? As in the only way the comment can be read?. . .Or your assumption? I stated, restated & clarified my opinion. What's the problem now?  You sound like you're spoilin to quarrel with me. Why? I do not know.

I never read where you explained what you meant by the advice you gave. You explained that you date outside your race but what does that have to do with why you gave casual or impulsive advice to the specific woman. Again, your advice was not even parallel to the issue the woman was having.

I know I'm 22. Unfortunately I have no control over this, but don't mistake 22 for "young dumb & full of   " & don't think b/c you read my posts that you know anything about my mother's tits jare. Ok?

Now if you want to make a point you needn't patronize me. You can just make the point.

I am careful with what I say but "thank you" for the added encouragement. Perhaps you should be careful about the conclusions you jump to.

I never said you were dumb, I can certainly see that you are not dumb. If I felt you were dum, I wouldn't be waisting my time going back and fourth with you. The response you gave me asking me to challenge you was smart and I admire that. But, the fact is you are a little naive and you give suggestions impulsively.

I don't know anything about your mothers tits, you are correct on that one.

Don't get mad at me now, you did ask for the challenge.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chinani(f): 5:50am On Sep 04, 2006
I didn't really want "proof". . .I asked for the link b/c I really don't know the title (address?) of that thread.

In a nutshell, I adviced her to broaden her horizons. She was saying "Nigerian men" basically I suggested to think about dating non-Nigerians. She might still marry a Nigerian man but maybe dating a non-Nigerian man is the path she must take to get there.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by RigorMort(m): 6:46am On Sep 04, 2006
Many Nigerian men (and Nigerians generally) possess deep (negative) stereotypes towards other Nigerians who are not from their own ethnic group e.g. Yoruba men vs Ibo women, Ibo men vs Edo women, etc. This greatly limits the pool of potential mates for marriage, more so when they are away from home - Nigeria. Hence, they start looking beyond the 'Nigerian' women around them. Carribean women (especially from Trinidad & Tobago, St. Vincent, and Haiti) have similar physical traits and cultural inclinations as do Nigerian women, so the Nigerian men have no problems going out with them. The average African-American woman is usually too volatile (emotionally, etc.) for the average Nigerian man and women from other African countries are: (1) relatively few in number, e.g. in the UK, Canada and the US ; (2) usually have vastly different cultural inclinations and (3) sometimes possess very negative stereotypes of Nigerian men.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by vostel(f): 7:59pm On Sep 05, 2006
remember when we were younger and our parents used to tell us that silence is the best answer to a fool? As one one of the carib ladies said, she is making some comments to get a reaction. So why don't we just ignore them and their comments?

Anyway sha, we no blame them. No be these yeye naija men wen put demselves for ground for dia women naim make dem dey get mouth? for the naija bobos, if una put unaselves like cloth wen don tear for ground, no vex if person match una for ground.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by canadavinc: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2006
Am a vincentian Canadian.

I must say that in the world today there are men and there are BOYS , it doesn't matter what is his background, it is our

job as mature woman to differentiate the men form the BOYS,

I have had the pleasure of datin different men for other cultures, and there are some who sing the same tune, so it all

about the person and the values to which they hold within them selves,

I have certainly dated my share is Caribbean men , but am bot gonna write them all off as dogs, there gotta be altleast

couple good grapes in the bunch and i think that goes across all cultures.

Am currently datin Nigerian, and i refuse to categorise him with the other men i have dated may it be carribbean, African

or whatever his b/ground . If we continue to compare men form past relationship or the infamous "hear say" the love of

Ur life may just have pass u right by,

And yes am a hopless romantic but don't get it twisted my head is not buried in the sand either , yes sand not clouds, am

forever an island girly at heart
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Coco29(f): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2006
u r vincentian so am i shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy hi grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by canadavinc: 2:29am On Sep 11, 2006
heyy, i tell u, small world, yep am born and raised, vincy to the bone and until i die!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Coco29(f): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2006
i am adding ya email to my list, my first ever vincy friend online cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by canadavinc: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2006
Sure !!! smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by jaybaby(f): 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2006
COCO IYA 4 PLAGUE

KA BO
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by chineduleo(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2006
Well,i smell a tint of jealousy and sadness coming from the ladies.I heard that the Niga chics for london dey form big time.They won't even talk to u when they know that you are original omo niga.So my advice is that they get off their high horses and like u say go with the african in the room, cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BrownEyes4(f): 4:11pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Chineduleo

Jealousy for where? Nigerian men are attracted to all sorts of females. No biggie. Yes some Nigerian girls tend to front but that is just them and there is no need to criticise them for doing so. Something must be working for them. Just like buying sex with champagne is working for the Naija Boys in the clubs. Its called Hustling.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by neelsel(f): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2006
Stop the stereotyping. Every nationality have their share of jacka$$es and morons. I cannot speak for my fellow Islanders as to why they choose to date or marry African men. As one poster claimly stated the Caribbean is primarily made of African descendants and as a result the comfortability of being with their kind may be the cause for their dating preferences.
I believe it is question of personal chioce,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by naijadiva2(f): 10:03pm On Oct 16, 2006
true that
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by BigSis(f): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2006
Rigor,

The AA woman is not volitel. We are just not going to take your crap. Your mindset generally is extremely oppressive and backward. So often times, talking to you is an aggravation. However, there is a small percentage that are enlighten
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by jammin(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2006
@ COCOA29 AND CANADAVINCI What both of you have given up on Caribbean men?? if not how is it you're with Nigerians?? those bro are some egotistical jackasses. i know one here in JA.  and each time i see him i laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy they come here trying to make a life and become like a dog on a leash to the Jcan woman they are with. The difference with Caribbean men as oppose to African/Nigerian men in relationship is,  IF THEY DO NOT LIKE YOU THEY WONT PRETEND!!! NOT FOR ANYTHING!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2006
u damn right! i think they make nigerians in Uk laugh more than u can imagine! imagine a country all the citizen wana go abroad! wonder what makes dem manz in jamaica special!

i can now see why jamaicans are so jealous of the nigeria! either way i think we know why, ! u all are mad at us, ha
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by jammin(m): 1:00am On Oct 20, 2006
@supaman what woman's skirt are you living under for your papers?? or do you hide when you hear immigration is around??
i know it's a bit off thread but lets list the accomplishment of nigeria to the world and compare it to the accomplishment of "tiny itsy bitsy little jamaica. you must also make sure that these deeds were done by Black nationals.

are you up to it?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 1:44am On Oct 20, 2006
yes affro-brother as they already know we are proudly Nigerians born and die!

and i suggest you go ahead course im awaiting ! i can only hope u dnt talk about raggea boyz cause that wouldnt help ! trust me brov
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by jammin(m): 7:31am On Oct 22, 2006
Marcus Garvey, gave us black consciousness movement. the precursor to ALL modern day enlightenment on being black!!!
your turn.
you reffered to me as affro-brother. not sure if it's an insult. insults are only good if the person it was intended to offend understood it!!

thats called communication!!! it would seem the skill is lost upon you even though you re in the UK. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by naijadiva2(f): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2006
ya'll 2 are something else.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Saddam: 3:39am On Nov 11, 2006
My sistas

Carribbean Women Got this powerful hips & wonderful boobs I admire in them and u know nothing sweet 9ja guys like Good Shape & excellent Pointing Breats to suck
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Cocoa29

Nigerians also marry white woman. it is not a black and white issue it is the issue of the men moving away from their own.

If a Nigerian man is married or dating a Caribbean woman he is not moving away from his own. Carribeans are descendants of African slaves, lot's of Nigerians were taken into slavery and more than likely a Caribbean woman is big time Nigerian ,she just wasn't born in Nigeria or anywhere in west Africa. Descendants of African slaves are not that far removed from Africa, Africa is still in them and having an Attraction for their people in Africa is a natural thing.

Nigerian people only need to be tripping if Nigerian men or women are getting with anything outside of African descent, other than that, all black people come from Africa and we are all the same, so get over it.

You have to understand that with all the changes whitey has pushed, Nigerians are not thinking like they used to, it comes a time when old ways of thinking needs to be put aside in terms of all black people being united. All though many Africans on the continent are still stuck in their rigid ways, a lot of them are getting out of that type of thinking.

Sometimes it is better for a Nigerian man to seek out some other type of black woman who can understand his want to get out of the old ways of thinking where as he can not succeed in changing the way he thinks if he gets with a born and bred Nigerian. The same goes for Carribean women and men as well as African American people. Sometimes it is better for a AA person to get with someone from the continent of Africa because they want to share in the ways the old fashioness, Continent born Africans have. We all have something to offer each other. Black people do not need to separate their self from each other. We just need to separate from whitey and we will be better off grin

Every time I see these kinds of topics it is always a woman starting them. I know you guys feel like Nigerian men belong to you but they do not. You have to keep in mind that any descendant of African slaves is entitled to a Nigerian as well.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by choco4life(m): 12:53am On Nov 18, 2006
cos they r hot and sexy,
wud like naija men begging for more,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by katherinae(f): 5:57am On Nov 18, 2006
i dont know about the whole nigerian and carribean culture being similar, i think tha tis a whole of load crap. i have been to st maarten, lucia, antigua, dominica, coracoa, puertorico, adn i have met the people of those islands. and the guys have hit on me in ways that i didnt even know were appropriate. and i was alittle turned off because each time the guys tried to convince me that out cultures were similar when i know its not. i think naija men who date carribbean women, date thenm because of the whole white biracial issue. u know black men not being able to handle being black. see a lot of the guys i met in teh west indies were mostly either biracial or really lite, adn i dont fancy that so tha twas a might strike, now yes the guys are hot and the girl look nice and as for bodies, puhh lease on this planet i still say GHANIAN GIRLS have hte best bodies full stop no more arguments.

the cultures are different and i know guys that have dated carribbean girls and later on realized that it was a wrong idea. look to each his own do what ever u want, but i hva been to so many places, and the only thing abou thte carribbean tha tis similar to ngieria is the environment in some vilages and the fact that ther are still some dark skinned people there, the guys though sexy lack, ambitiion and i find rather boring. so regardless of who a man is attracted to or dates a dawg will be a dawg, whether he dates tyra or halle.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2006
@Katherine

You have your points but if you look really close and look with an open mind, you will see more so the similarity's instead of the un similarity's. I hear a lot of Continent born Africans saying that Descendants of Africans slaves are not African enough. What the hell does that mean? What gives a Continent born African the right to deprive descendants of African slaves their Africaness?

Descendants of African slaves, they do have a distinct culture but it is not any different from the already distinct cultures amongst the Africans born in the entire continent of Africa. Africans, descendants of African slaves have a right to Africa just like Africans born on the continent have the right to share in what Descendants of African slaves built in America and other places descendants of African slaves dwell. We are all an extension to each others cultures. Black people need to focus more so on the similarity's instead of judging each other. We are the only ones who focus on judging each other and seeing the un similarity's, this is why we are not at this time capable of functioning as a whole the way Whites, Asians and other races or nationality of people do.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by GNature(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2006
Saddam:

My sistas

Nigeria guys like Good Shape & excellent Pointing Breats to suck

hahahaha We sure do don't we grin. lol
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by superman(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2006
carribeans are blacks! why are some people confusing black with white here! mixed hahha are u having a laugh! black is black full stop
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Sista(f): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2006
carribeans are blacks! why are some people confusing black with white here! mixed hahha are u having a laugh! black is black full stop

Carribeans are not just black, they are African descent, in other words Africans.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by Coco29(f): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2006
jammin:

@ COCOA29 AND CANADAVINCI What both of you have given up on Caribbean men?? if not how is it you're with Nigerians?? those bro are some egotistical jackasses. i know one here in JA.  and each time i see him i laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy they come here trying to make a life and become like a dog on a leash to the Jcan woman they are with. The difference with Caribbean men as oppose to African/Nigerian men in relationship is,  IF THEY DO NOT LIKE YOU THEY WONT PRETEND!!! NOT FOR ANYTHING!!!

sweetie sorry i was offline for a while, now to answer yr ? i prefer a man to cheat on me instead of hitting me  AN WE ALL NO THAT CARRIBBEAN MEN LOVE TO HIT, THEY ARE THE REASON WHY ANY MAN WHO FEELS IS D I C K IS BIG ENOUGH TO HIT ME, WILL END UP DEAD so to avoid spending the rest of my life in prison for murder i choose to go out with african men.

they wil cheat but are less likely in my opinion to hit me and they treat me with respect.

and de jamiacan man them na bizniss with nunew them beat yo cloth and cheat pan yo said way me na deal wid uno.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? by katherinae(f): 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2006
sista

wow, asians dont function as a whole o biko, htey separate them selves, hte chinese, vietnamese, and phillipinos. and i am not trying ot pass judgement on carribbeans, but we are very very very very differnet people. the only similarities is that they look like us and thats it. i understand that they came from africa and we sold them (as sad as that is), but life is not stagnant and neither are peoples personalities or even cultures, so for a gentleman from st maarten tryign to convince me that the culture is similar is qutie ludacris because i know it isnt, i see the way they act, their food, religions, i mean everything is different, especially their marriages. thats another story. im glad and agree with u that we need to stop segregating ourselves nad passing judgement about other non africans, but it doesnt change the fact that life is dynamic and so is culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Do You Guys Do With The Pictures You Disturb Ladies For? / Why Is It Difficult To Woo Guys On Nairaland? / We've Broken Up, But He Still shows concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.