Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47936 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

But boko haram and oro fa. g gots can be violent, shey?

Restrict my movement and watch heads roll on the streets.
My kind of Christianity will accept 2 slaps on the face, but the 3rd one will land you in the grave.

I posses the fruit of gentleness as described in my Bible, but do not misplace gentleness for docility.

Yes, you are a true follower of your master. smiley

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: but ramadan restricted people of going to work last two weeks, are everybody moslem in nigeria? is boko haram not killing people all in the name of allah, brainwashed mufus

In other words, Oro can kill citizens because boko haram kills freely?

I don tire for Nigerians o.. Chei cheesy
Why won't Ebola visit us?
grin grin

Una neva see anything...

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Since you are only a guest! Respect the owners of the land or leave the land
owners of d land? lmao..
for ur information lagos is a commercial city.. so stop sayin poo

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Chibokgame: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
This is one story of a kind that i can't believe ,

* If anyONE looks @ it, the person will die, is it not a person that prepared it ?

* If you have CHarms, you can test its PoTenCy .

Sounds like the ArK of God during Moses and David's time.

And we have such a thing coming out to restrict People,
While bOkO harAM is daring the whole North-East Naija .

#Tel-Me-Good-News#

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by BlueMagic2(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
While the rest of the world is trying to do something positive to improve the world. Like find the cure to your EBOLA. Africans and their leaders are a bunch of RETARDS.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

You think worshipping the useless idol of a dead jew is good?
people lyk u and ur fellow tigerfaced fellows deserve to be in d zoo,not to mingle with people
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Do you know the meaning of "PEACE"?

Peace only exist in Jesus Christ. The fact that you see two men laughing and drinking beer doesn't mean they're peaceful smiley

Human Beings sha. We are what Scientists called us - Higher Animals smiley
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by AdeniyiA(m): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
The painful thing is that more than 80% of those people might be covertly or overtly among those who just fasted,. You can't serve God nd Mammon.
Bunch of religious but ungodly bigots! angry
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Peace only exist in Jesus Christ. The fact that you see two men laughing and drinking beer doesn't mean they're peaceful smiley

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I will rather br a Christian or a Muslim than practising oro or involve in traditional religion...

Good for u now...no one cares so get out of Yorubaland if u don't like Yoruba traditions
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

Let me refresh your memory again.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: This is really silly..why would u affect other people's liberty because of ur own personal shii. we really need to grow up around here...m sure several innocent lives will be wasted all in d name of defiance of dz restriction...smH for my country..

Muslims and Christians affect our liberty too. Upon those that don't belong to them

Now this is Yoruba culture, the ikorodu people like it, if your don't leave their village

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:
My God! shocked Who gave this boy VISA? shocked

You can find me everywhere, but when you come down to "a gattering of empty proud barrels", you will never find me there.

I leave you with your fate, keep fantacizing about your self-acclaimed MASTER OF ACIDOSIS cheesy

Village bum, you're a gift that keeps on giving, and the more you post, the more you show you're an unexposed stark illiterate. Stay away from ya TV and being a religious zealot for bit, and let me educate about how the world works - not the village outlook you've got. Perhaps that will increase your IQ from the 5th decimal to the 3rd decimal.

My dear neanderthal oaf, there are Nigerians born and raised outside Nigeria, who have never needed a visa for anything. And having lived in the West all their lives and experienced different cultures first hand - they've got a better understanding of mutual respect, co-existence, and why indigenous cultures must be protected so as to enable people have a real identity. They know there's no perfect culture or true religion, and for humanity to survive and thrive - you have to allow freedom of identity(which includes cultures and religions). That's the beauty of exposure and being knowledgeable - not the primeval thought-process you overdosed on. Can you see why we're not on the same level, and you probably won't get to my level in this lifetime?

Well, I always see you around your fellow duffers, religious zealots, and village bums, so what gives?

Lmao at "Master of Acidosis" - can someone please section this weasel? You're neither educated nor exposed enough to even clean my shoes, and that's on everything.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by vislabraye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Ode oshi. Where did u see all these?.
Your silly hypocrisy and lies has started again.
You Christians would never stop lying against Pagans

Ode buruku !! You must be a fool not to know what everyone knows in history. Killing of twins was a common practice by the pagan practitioners in Calabar. Go to calabar and find out. I wont be surprise if you argue that slave trade never existed.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
obi123:

i dont have any emotions whatsoever about your culture , i'm just saying its unfair to restrict the movement of some people just because a king died , this is not a Yoruba thing or ibo thing, in general its just a common sense thing , by all means practice your culture but not at the expense of human beings.
i think most people appreciate the beauty of culture and like the fact that it is still being practiced but come on a 6pm curfew

Sorry but you are anti-Yoruba.

It's our tradition that when a king dies, people stay home throughout the oro period to honor the king, a tradition more than 1000yrs old
If you can't appreciate that keep ur opinion to urself

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: where is the origin of ebola ? mumu

where's the origin of cancer and HIV?? Africa too??
Was it our tradition that caused cancer and HIV??
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

You are Yoruba??
Pls wats ur tribe? Ur home town?
what's ur family oriki?
How much do you know about ur lineage??

Yoruba for mouth undecided

Every town in Nigeria has the right to practice it's culture if Nigeria prevents that then there's no use being Nigerian if it attacks my first identity. Leave my people alone and mind your business

pratices that restricts movements? how can a human be this dumb?? Imagine those in where you reside restrict your movement for a year saying it's their culture, how does it sound.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I wish I am the inspector general of police , I will order shoot on sight order on any oro worshippers.

Even the president of Nigeria can't stop oro.

grin u illiterate mofo

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: hia! what are you saying bro, what is been done once a while in ikorodu is now disturbing?do you know that the way churches are littered everywhere in the country singing, beating bands loud, disturbing the environment is wrong? even the white that brought christianity here dont even dare to do that or else, he is in soup.
when has churches given warnings for people to remain in their home thereby restricting their movement? If you don't have comprehension skills, that is the atom of our argument here
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by vislabraye(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Good for u now...no one cares so get out of Yorubaland if u don't like Yoruba traditions
The Yoruba land is what it is today because of its cosmopolitan nature. In fact the Ibos and other tribes do have landed properties in Yoruba land, Lagos in particular. If we all go away, you will starve to death. So appreciate you visitors by being a good host. Go and dump that tradition that is not good.

It's not even all Yorubas that like this rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

In other words, Oro can kill citizens because boko haram kills freely?

I don tire for Nigerians o.. Chei cheesy
Why won't Ebola visit us?
grin grin

Una neva see anything...
did i say that, i am just trying to tell you you guys should stop been a religion extremist, thats what resulted to boko haram, thats my point.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

where's the origin of cancer and HIV?? Africa too??
Was it our tradition that caused cancer and HIV??

Cancer is a biological mutation that happens to all. Its caused by environmental and other factors.

HIV was first discovered in Congo. So yes, HIV like Ebola is has an African Origin..

Opps!! That was none of my Business.. cool

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by DAVE5(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nobleval: Meaning what? Are these people insane?
oga go ikorodu today go ask them... they'll give answers

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

The rites ended by 6am and you complain..there was a day i was suppose to traavel from lagos to another destination for a contract but guess what? i couldnt make it on time and lost the contract because your daddy GO with his crusades blocked the whole road with his brain washed followers through out the whole day..So which is worse in this case?..

#blackslave

which rite ended by 6am ODE!! You think you can just type rubbish from wherever you are thinking you will make sense? My siblings couldn't go out till now and other people over there and you are here saying bulshit. .
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
vislabraye:

Ode buruku !! You must be a fool not to know what everyone knows in history. Killing of twins was a common practice by the pagan practitioners in Calabar. Go to calabar and find out. I wont be surprise if you argue that slave trade never existed.

Is calabar Yorubaland We talking Yoruba traditions
And killing of twins doesn't happen there anymore

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

But boko haram and oro fa. g gots can be violent, shey?

Restrict my movement and watch heads roll on the streets.
My kind of Christianity will accept 2 slaps on the face, but the 3rd one will land you in the grave.

I posses the fruit of gentleness as described in my Bible, but do not misplace gentleness for docility.
i am christian too but not an extremist one like yourself, thats not what Jesus christ preach, you are trying to be funny.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: people lyk u and ur fellow tigerfaced fellows deserve to be in d zoo,not to mingle with people

You Igbo bastrd. Go back to ur village. Your shiit hole bush and leave Yoruba with their culture and traditions

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:

pratices that restricts movements? how can a human be this dumb?? Imagine those in where you reside restrict your movement for a year saying it's their culture, how does it sound.

It is ur father that is dumb.
If I am in a place and the people have a culture nd tradition I don't like, I'll leave simple.
Leave Yorubaland for those who value culture and tradition of the land

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by vislabraye(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Is calabar Yorubaland We talking Yoruba traditions
And killing of twins doesn't happen there anymore

You replied my post without following Its the same pagan culture you love so much.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Let me refresh your memory again.
When people fail to understand the context of a sentence, they go about preaching "pretext'"

...ever heard the word metaphorical sword?

Isn't it obvious that many non-believing families "split" when one child accept Christ? Why do you think Boko Haram kill Christians freely in Nigeria? That's the "lack of peace" we are talking about. Jesus have not come to be wined and dined with Chronic goons and vipers. The earth is full of hate because of JESUS. E nor send you, and he'll never (NEVER EVER) reduce THE criteria for His Kingdom.

He didn't come to bring a co-existing peace between the corrupt policeman and a Pastor who refuse to pay bribe. He didn't come to co-exist the concept of peace between a 'pot-bellied' drunkard and a 'Deeper Life' Girl.

The kind of spiritual sword the verse talked about will invisibly severs a man from his father, and daughter from her mother. Given Jesus’ own family description, it is only natural and simplfied to say that no matter what the cost, one must follow him to the end, even if it means giving up one’s family or nation!

The word is full of HATE and Jesus will never make peace with goons in order to get their fake LOVE.

Is that Clear, Sir?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
They just want to block the road for an all-night Owanbe party..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo) / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.