Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47886 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

If the practice of Oro ritual rites was wrong and wasnt recognized and accepted by the Nigerian government, then why havent they done anything about it all this years?..

If you dont like the ritual rites either you report this to the nearest police or shut the fvck up.
hoped d issue will be addressed in d confab btw the law frowns at such activities incase u dunno
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: hoped d issue will be addressed in d confab btw the law frowns at such activities incase u dunno

Lets see.

Even the president visits and tries to woo the traditional rulers..vvvv

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/02/jonathan-woos-traditional-rulers-ahead-2015/

Stay there and continue to live in delusion..Your white masters who stole all our traditional and cultural artifacts knows the value of our culture and traditions more than you slave..Thats why they still hold them till today and cherish it.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

You no see im name?? na from im blockus im dey reason na grin grin

See this one..

You wan follow your elders for their discussion. angry

Young Man, will you gettaway from here and go and join your mate to roll tyre outside. angry

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

See this one..

You wan follow your elders for their discussion. angry

Young Man, will you gettaway from here and go and join your mate to roll tyre outside. angry

Old man still dey fo0l himself at this age.. grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Old man still dey fo0l himself at this age.. grin grin

When I was your age, I been get sense pass you. grin

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: hoped d issue will be addressed in d confab btw the law frowns at such activities incase u dunno

See picture and tell me if you still think that confab can do anything on this issue.

President Goodluck Jonathan (left) trying his hands on the ‘talking drum’ to the admiration of his host, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, during the President’s visit to the monarch
vvvvvvv

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

When I was your age, I been get sense pass you. grin

Which means you presently dont have sense now as you don age. No wonder grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Which means you presently dont have sense now as you don age. grin grin

Who needs sense when you have money? undecided

Wait first make I read the manual of this my new 100 inch TV wey I just buy.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

You be confirmed mad man. grin abeg commot from my side grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by 9jauk: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
What is the resolution of your TV ?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

You be confirmed mad man. grin abeg commot from my side grin grin

Na lie jor.. I no dey mad. Na just rascal, I rascal.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
If it were in the SE that it was announced that a ceremony would take place which involved people staying indoors after 6pm, these yorober bigots would come here to spew rubbish but since it is a yorober culture, it is okay! In this computer age This is the reason why this country is not moving forward
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking wins again grin

@pagan9ja you owe me for this one. smiley

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking: The Dragonking wins again grin

@pagan9ja you owe me for this one. smiley

The Gods bless ya bro.

You did a Good job. wink

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ibedun: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
lawanson44: If it were in the SE that it was announced that a ceremony would take place which involved people staying indoors after 6pm, these yorober bigots would come here to spew rubbish but since it is a yorober culture, it is okay! In this computer age This is the reason why this country is not moving forward

Moving forward where?

How can you move forward without retaining your culture? Do you or any of your relatives even have a landed property in Yorubaland?

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

I walked freely in the ramadan period. Don't you get the difference?
its not by walking freely, people have work to do that week, you think everybody are office worker.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
Honestly, they need to make this thing a monthly thing, and if these useful id.iots can't live with it, they should go back to their villages.

Lagos is too snarled-up, to be honest. And the overwhelming majority of the scrounging folks there are just a nuisance to the pipe megacity dreams. Most of them don't even pay taxes and they have messed up a city with a great landscape. The lesser the population, the better for the indigenous folks.

No one forced you lot to move there, you're unforced asylum seekers - and you forced yourselves on these folks. They never took your ancestors as slaves, neither did they steal the natural resources in your villages, to build their part of the country. Respect their culture, or go take a hike in ya village.

I respect every culture. With Islam: as savagely as their idi.otic jihad and dress style is - rags on the head, hijab and all that - I still respect them. I see Sikhs and I respect them. Heck, I respect bible-thumpers who carry the bible around like idi.ots without even knowing what's in the book while spouting rapture everywhere. I respect the Queen and the royal family, and she takes out of my wages monthly. I respect the Irish and their St. Patricks day. That's the beauty of a free world.

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: traditions my azz..
a tradition which uses human heads to bury their rulers is babaric and shouldnt be practiced in d city..

Who do you know that has fallen victim??

The law is
Stay home, if you com out and we catch you, we use you for our ritual.
That is Fair enough.

obey the law if you don't want to face the repercussion
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by iamord(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
lekhane: This is part of our problem of under-development in this country. While reading this, I had just the same feeling I used to have back then during my nysc days in ogun state, there was a time they did oroo for a full week, no one could walk safely.
This is a call to the christian community, more work needs to be done. Evangelism has not reach everywhere o so no resting. God will help us

Christian evangelism is not the ultimate solution. But traditional reforms.. The leaders have a whole lot of responsibilities.. And if things are not implemented quick they will begin to become a pain in the neck.. Its more of a black attitude

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

You no see im name?? na from im blockus im dey reason na grin grin

grin the man is a comedian

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Who do you know that has fallen victim??

The law is
Stay home, if you com out and we catch you, we use you for our ritual.
That is Fair enough.

obey the law if you don't want to face the repercussion
dats why i still maintain d lyks of u and tigerfaced fellows should be locked up in d zoo.
thats where u deserve to be
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: yoruba laws remain valid as long as they satisfy the requirements of customary laws....do i need to school you on all these? pls read bro...google is ur friend na

What requirements of customary laws?? Customary laws are subject to traditional laws not the other way round

Go school urself
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Now I firmly believe that our ancestors were wise.

And Im not even joking. Some heads really need to be buried.
d internet gives fools lyk u access to say sh1t.. u cnt say dat in my face
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2014
obi123:

you damn right i'm in England and loving it.
Hypocrite how by the way

Then Bleep off this thread and leave ur opinion to urself

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

Please be sincere. We have Ikorodu indigenes who despise the no-movement policy of non-indigenes.

You guys should learn to tolerate one another. Your best friend is not that uncle or brother in your family. There are people who come from far away who will do more for you than what your brothers can ever do. Never you say to a fellow man - "Stay in your house, you're not for us." for you do not know where you'll find yourself tomorrow. smiley

I have real life experiences about the Oro tradition and I can tell you categorically that the idea is to oppress non-indigenes. We've been threatened severally (where I come from). There was a particular year some boys came to our Church threatening to set the entire facility on fire, simply because the Pastor i/C being a non-indigeneopened the door of the Church (not even windows). Mind you, indigenes were seen walking, merrying and gallivanting in the streets.

I only pity the future of our unborn Children

And so what?? If people don't like u where you are pls go back to your father's compound where you are free to do anything
This ur little tale is no case

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: @d bold...perfect proof that you're officially ignorant!

grin grin see fool! Federal government has no say in Oro...take it anywhere

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

My Nigga.. I was only answering a simple Question fam. That beef isnt mine to roast.

I just thought to educate a Nigga thats all.. cool
Ok! But where you get this ur name from?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: Go and ask your fetish father to teach your herbalism and go and die

Go ask ur stupid pastor to teach u how to worship a dead body

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I can categorically concludes that your senility has just recorded a new guiness book of record. So because of a myopic tradition,citizens movement should be restricted ? I give up on you.

If you don't like it pls move out

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: dats why i still maintain d lyks of u and tigerfaced fellows should be locked up in d zoo.
thats where u deserve to be

As much as am nt in for killing people its the law which their disobeyed so they are not innocent people but criminals

If you have problem with that don't come here, stay away from Yorubaland

would be better to just obey and stay indoors till the curfew is over but ur Igbo stubbornness that has made u utter rubbish since could push u to your death, not my fault you were warned.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

As much as am nt in for killing people its the law which their disobeyed so they are not innocent people but criminals

If you have problem with that don't come here, stay away from Yorubaland

would be better to just obey and stay indoors till the curfew is over but ur Igbo stubbornness that has made u utter rubbish since could push u to your death, not my fault you were warned.

Sir Macof, now that we've killed these useful idi.ots and their scrounging illiterate ar.ses(medieval pikeys causing nuisance everywhere), can you please explain what these traditional rites are about to me?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Emir Sanusi & Ooni Of Ife Attend Graduation Ceremony Of Sanusi's Daughter In UK / Need Help With The Edo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.