Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47937 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: owners of d land? lmao..
for ur information lagos is a commercial city.. so stop sayin poo
Is it ur fathers that established Lagos??

Lagos is Yoruba, if you don't like the Yoruba culture being practiced pls leave and never return

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
vislabraye:
The Yoruba land is what it is today because of its cosmopolitan nature. In fact the Ibos and other tribes do have landed properties in Yoruba land, Lagos in particular. If we all go away, you will starve to death. So appreciate you visitors by being a good host. Go and dump that tradition that is not good.

It's not even all Yorubas that like this rubbish.

They will starve to death, yet before they came in contact with these other folks - they were far better than they're today and they achieved greatness. Can you see how redundant your post sounds and must you lot always post disrespectful nonsense that have no basis, just to prove an inane point?

And what has the cosmopolitan nature of a city got to do with letting them exhibit their culture for a few hours in a day, in certain parts of the city? I'm sure you've been outside Nigeria...when notting hill and that axis are closed down for two days, for the afro-caribbeans to celebrate their culture, does that also mean intolerance? I also know that in New York certain parts of the city are also closed down from time to time, for different countries(including Nigerians) to celebrate their independence day parades - does that also mean intolerance?

Go to Israel and tell them not to celebrate Yom Kippur because it's the 21st century - and see if they won't cut off ya head.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

It is ur father that is dumb.
If I am in a place and the people have a culture nd tradition I don't like, I'll leave simple.
Leave Yorubaland for those who value culture and tradition of the land

You will have to leave Nigeria too if everyone adopts the same backward attitude your father adopts Yea, go to Liberia. .
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by haibe(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Lagos is Yoruba, if you don't like the Yoruba culture being practiced pls leave and never return
is it your own father that established Lagos? ODE!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:
When people fail to understand the context of a sentence, they go about preaching "pretext'"

...ever heard the word metaphorical sword?

Isn't it obvious that many non-believing families "split" when one child accept Christ? Why do you think Boko Haram kill Christians freely in Nigeria? That's the "lack of peace" we are talking about. Jesus have not come to be wined and dined with Chronic goons and vipers. The earth is full of hate because of JESUS. E nor send you, and he'll never (NEVER EVER) reduce THE criteria for His Kingdom.

He didn't come to bring co-existing peace between corrupt policeman and a Pastor who refuse to pay bribe. He didn't come to co-exist the concept of peace between a 'pot-bellied' drunkard and a 'Deeper Life' Girl.

The kind of spiritual sword the verse talked about will invisibly severs a man from his father, and daughter from her mother. Given Jesus’ own family description, it is only natural and simplfied to say that no matter what the cost, one must follow him to the end, even if it means giving up one’s family or nation!

The word is full of HATE. Jesus will never make peace with goons so in order to get their fake LOVE.

Is that Clear, Sir?

So who did Jesus come to bring peace to? Because it is obviously clear that he said he did not come to bring peace to mankind..

Any man that claims to be divine but yet cannot bring peace to mankind is not peaceful himself. smiley

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

No bro, lets start by demolishing all palaces in the country, including royal buildings and kingdoms.

How does MFM PRAYER CITY AFFECTS YOU (PERSONALLY)? I passed through the prayer city some weeks back without any obstruction.

Were you forced to pay Tithe/Offering?

I'm not ready for this wack argument, abeg!
Let's demolish ur house first.

Mfm prayer city disturbs me from moving freely from Lagos to other parts of Yorubaland. Hours of hold up(traffic) on 1st Friday to Sundays of each month same with redeem camp.

Government should demolish these pls and let free flow of vehicles

Advocate for this first and people would take you seriously when you say government should ban Oro
Not forgetting that Oro is part of the Nigerian cultures as a Yoruba identity

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: and by restricting the movement of people ? Why are you so dump like this.

It's ur father that is dumb.
Restricting movement of people is the point of the tradition.
When a king dies, stay in ur house.
If your don't like the law, pls leave Yorubaland

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: i am christian too but not an extremist one like yourself, thats not what Jesus christ preach, you are trying to be funny.

Yea, I always act funny scenes, but trust me, I've experienced these stuffs.

Where I come from, my family is known for one thing - we have no regard for idol-listic commands. I attended a missionary Primary School in a town where ORO is practiced yearly, and I never (not even once) missed school because of ORO.

N.B: I'm not an indigene btw.

Unless Christians come out in oneness to declare their views about this act, very soon, 'god of building granite and Dangote cement' will start killing us just like Boko Haram.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: I said what is in my mind owk and pls don't insult me again

Wat is in ur mind should have remained in ur mind
Why did u say Oro is the cause of Ebola if you not an illiterate?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
lekhane: you don't have to take it to this level na, I guess you've not had a personal experience of what this is all about, the England people am certain will never sacrifice themselves all because one man died. If a culture splits blood and discourage productivity, then how can those engaged in it be productive? Please am just airing my opinion, you don't have to be offensive

You opinion is offensive. You first offended me so don't play the victim.
Keep ur opinion to urself

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:
Let's demolish ur house first.

Mfm prayer city disturbs me from moving freely from Lagos to other parts of Yorubaland. Hours of hold up(traffic) on 1st Friday to Sundays of each month same with redeem camp.

Government should demolish these pls and let free flow of vehicles

Advocate for this first and people would take you seriously when you say government should ban Oro
Not forgetting that Oro is part of the Nigerian cultures as a Yoruba identity

I am a Yoruba guy, and I have nothing in common with ORO. Fck traditions!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:

which rite ended by 6am ODE!! You think you can just type rubbish from wherever you are thinking you will make sense? My siblings couldn't go out till now and other people over there and you are here saying bulshit. .

There is restriction of movement from 6pm not the whole day as stated by the OP below..Several people have gone out to work without their heads being cut off..Tell your brother to stop being a coward like you and come out like a man to carry on his activities till 6pm. VVV

amodu: There will be restriction of movement in Ikorodu tomorrow(7, Aug
2014) in respect of the late Ayangburen of Ikorodu.

From 8am-12pm... Someone can move around from
12pm-6pm BUT one should just make sure He/She is
back in his/her home at exactly 6pm... MY ADVICE:
If you don't have any important mission tomorrow,
STAY AT HOME... Ikorodu o ni baje o!

Front page pls
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1:
thats d.problem @ the bold...why would u compel people to stay at home? there is no justification for that!!

It's the law. same reason why we ban marijuana??
Its the law

If u don't like it go to USA

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Muslims and Christians affect our liberty too. Upon those that don't belong to them

Now this is Yoruba culture, the ikorodu people like it, if your don't leave their village
how do they affect ur liberty? they shud leave their village? ever heard of freedom of movement before? stop sounding silly bro
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe:

You will have to leave Nigeria too if everyone adopts the same backward attitude your father adopts Yea, go to Liberia. .

What does liberia have to do with ORO traditions Which kind mumu be dis self.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

My dear, it is the law of the land and is just for less than a day. The restriction is from 6pm..

BUT why do we find it difficult to obey the laws of our land but we willingly obey the law of the white man? Na wah for black man's mentality sad
Are you an Illiterate or what ? which law of the land ? Are u saying that the deluded fetish oro /oba/traditional law of ikorodu supersed the Federal republic of Nigeria constitution ? Must you smoke weed before typing ?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

It's the law. same reason why we ban marijuana??
Its the law

If u don't like it go to USA
what law? quote the law that empowers them to do such! i thought you were quite enlightened na
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: how do they affect ur liberty? they shud leave their village? ever heard of freedom of movement before? stop sounding silly bro

It is the law of the land..Obey the law and you will have peace. smiley
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by alingo4life: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2014
DamiG:
my real moniker is dhammyg. if u are on whatsapp go check it

Thanks..I just sent you a HI on what'sapp..Nice meeting you..IB City on point
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

So who did Jesus come to bring peace to? Because it is obviously clear that he said he did not come to bring peace to mankind..

Any man that claims to be divine but yet cannot bring peace to mankind is not peaceful himself. smiley

He is the prince of peace. You can't separate Jesus and Peace, however way you wish to interprete that verse.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

I see you, brother.

Smacking the ar.ses of these illiterate and unexposed village bums and religious zealots.

These folks are so intolerant that they can let traditionalists do their thing for a day, yet they commit noise pollution every Friday and Sunday in their Churches and Mosques - fvcking African slaves. And they also celebrate their pagan holidays - shocking.

This is honestly why I don't even take religion seriously. I'm technically a Christian because I was born and raised in the religion, however, I don't have time for their sanctimonious nonsense. Everything is just make-believe - and God only cares about those with good hearts.

Anyway, keep Yoruba culture alive, that's our identity. If they don't like it, they know what to do.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

lagos will be ntin without d non idigenes investments and all dat.. if u want to practice ur barbaric act go to d zoo in dat ur remote village and save everyone d stress
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: what law? quote the law that empowers them to do such! i thought you were quite enlightened na

Guy it is their traditional law..go to ikorodu and find out

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

It is the law of the land..Obey the law and you will have peace. smiley
law of the land? ignoramus,do me a favor and get a copy of the nigerian constitution, check section 1(3). Read a lot,it helps bro
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

You Igbo bastrd. Go back to ur village. Your shiit hole bush and leave Yoruba with their culture and traditions
did i just hit a nerve? u know wat am sayin is true.. lyk i said if u want to practice dat rubbish religion,go to d villages
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

He is the prince of peace. You can't separate Jesus and Peace, however way you wish to interprete that verse.

He is the prince of peace yet he told us categorically that he did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword to cause division and turn man against his fellow man..

How can a prince of peace be this evil??
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Guy it is their traditional law..go to ikorodu and find out
r u just trying to be humorous or you're really ignorant about the law?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

He is the prince of peace yet he told us categorically that he did not come to bring peace to the world but a sword to cause division and turn man against his fellow man..

How can a prince of peace be this evil??

I don't DEBATE; I TEACH & LEARN

Please Sir, kindly read my previous posts on this issue. Thank you
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 4:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

I can categorically concludes that your senility has just recorded a new guiness book of record. So because of a myopic tradition,citizens movement should be restricted ? I give up on you.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: did i just hit a nerve? u know wat am sayin is true.. lyk i said if u want to practice dat rubbish religion,go to d villages

U hit nothing more than ur stupid brain on d wall.

Oro is practiced in villages, ikorodu is the village of those practising it.
If u don't like it pls leave Lagos and go back to East.

4 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: lagos will be ntin without d non idigenes investments and all dat.. if u want to practice ur barbaric act go to d zoo in dat ur remote village and save everyone d stress

We aren't begging u to invest in Lagos?? Pls take ur investments to Anambra and Enugu we don't want those who can't respect our tradition in our own Towns

4 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: law of the land? ignoramus,do me a favor and get a copy of the nigerian constitution, check section 1(3). Read a lot,it helps bro

Stop being fo0lish..Is the chinese/ japanese traditional culture in their constitution? Does that stop them from carrying out their traditions? What kind of blackened slave brain do you have?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo) / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.