Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47938 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: what law? quote the law that empowers them to do such! i thought you were quite enlightened na

You mind stop displaying ur ignorance??

Oro is law in Yorubaland, if u need quotes of how that happened, seek Ifa or any oro high priest to teach u.
What other ethnic groups think isn't our business, its our land we can do whatever we like

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

I don't DEBATE; I TEACH & LEARN

Please Sir, kindly read my previous posts on this issue. Thank you

Debate ke??

You definitely cant debate the obvious..BTW there is nothing to read in your post as it is full of shiit as usual. smiley
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: r u just trying to be humorous or you're really ignorant about the law?

If what they were doing is wrong, kindly go to the nearest police station to you and report this case...Lets see if you wont get a dirty slap to readjust that your brain.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Oro is law in Yorubaland, if u need quotes of how that happened, seek Ifa or any oro high priest to teach u.
What other ethnic groups think isn't our business, its our land we can do whatever we like
Go and ask your fetish father to teach your herbalism and go and die
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: how do they affect ur liberty? they shud leave their village? ever heard of freedom of movement before? stop sounding silly bro

They should leave our village and go to where they won't see oro to keep them indoors
This isn't the federal government jurisdiction, if Nigeria can't let us be Yoruba that we are then let us leave Nigeria or you leave our land.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by luvola(m): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Go and ask your fetish father to teach your herbalism and go and die
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

I am a Yoruba guy, and I have nothing in common with ORO. Fck traditions!

If u have nothing in common with oro and Yoruba traditions (as you have said the bold)
Then you aren't Yoruba

How can u be Yoruba when you have nothing in common with Yorubas Are u suffering from a mental disorder?

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
haibe: is it your own father that established Lagos? ODE!

Yes! My Great Yoruba ancestors...the Oodua people

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
vislabraye:

You replied my post without following Its the same pagan culture you love so much.

Because ur brother is mad you too must be mad right?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Blockus:

Cancer is a biological mutation that happens to all. Its caused by environmental and other factors.

HIV was first discovered in Congo. So yes, HIV like Ebola is has an African Origin..

Opps!! That was none of my Business.. cool

ok! So how did Oro cause any of these??

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

My Nigga.. I was only answering a simple Question fam. That beef isnt mine to roast.

I just thought to educate a Nigga thats all.. cool

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

They should leave our village and go to where they won't see oro to keep them indoors
this isn't the federal government jurisdiction, if Nigeria can't let us be Yoruba that we are then let us leave Nigeria or you leave our land.
@d bold...perfect proof that you're officially ignorant!

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

Stop being fo0lish..Is the chinese/ japanese traditional culture in their constitution? Does that stop them from carrying out their traditions? What kind of blackened slave brain do you have?
ever heard of customary laws before? you ignorance baffles me!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:
U hit nothing more than ur stupid brain on d wall.
Oro is practiced in villages, ikorodu is the village of those practising it.
If u don't like it pls leave Lagos and go back to East.

Please be sincere. We have Ikorodu indigenes who despise the no-movement policy of non-indigenes.

You guys should learn to tolerate one another. Your best friend is not that uncle or brother in your family. There are people who come from far away who will do more for you than what your brothers can ever do. Never you say to a fellow man - "Stay in your house, you're not for us." for you do not know where you'll find yourself tomorrow. smiley

I have real life experiences about the Oro tradition and I can tell you categorically that the idea is to oppress non-indigenes. We've been threatened severally (where I come from). There was a particular year some boys came to our Church threatening to set the entire facility on fire, simply because the Pastor i/C being a non-indigeneopened the door of the Church (not even windows). Mind you, indigenes were seen walking, merrying and gallivanting in the streets.

I only pity the future of our unborn Children

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
obi123:

i think most people appreciate the beauty of culture and like the fact that it is still being practiced but come on a 6pm curfew

This is not a culture for your entertainment ok? THis is the Real ritual. For the GODS.
not for tourists to appreciate and click pictures or selfies.

We Pagans are not professional entertainers. angry

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: ever heard of customary laws before? you ignorance baffles me!

You mentioned Nigerian constitution you ignorant coward!!!

So, tell us if the chinese/ japanese have their tradition incorporated into their country constitution?

3 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by obi123: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

It's the culture. You shouldn't go out, stay home in honour of the king.
Go to England and question their culture you hypocrite

you damn right i'm in England and loving it.
Hypocrite how by the way
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

yoruba laws remain valid as long as they satisfy the requirements of customary laws....do i need to school you on all these? pls read bro...google is ur friend na
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Billygee2u: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

We know how much blood you useless religion has shed of millions of Africans and people the world over for refusing to accept your evil middle eastern doctine.

May you and your family die of ebola you fvcking dickhead slave.
I am not here to curse you,I simply wish you what you are wishing others.others blood or heads are good for your fetish and demonic rituals,but you and your relatives are not good for satanic rituals,right? Listen,the word of God said in ISaiah 48;22"there is no peace,said the lord, unto the wicked"in proverbs 11:21 it`s written "hand join in hand the wicked shall not go unpunished" thank you.may God forgive you if you repent.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by obi123: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

This is not a culture for your entertainment ok? THis is the Real ritual. For the GODS.

for goodness sake what are you on about, culture for entertainment how? professional entertainers how?

This is nothing against tradition, yoruba , ibo or whetever else , yes a ritual has been scheduled , we respect that, i mean if we have xmas, easter, ramadan etc,why shouldn't you have oro ritual but what happens to those who due to unforeseen circumstance cannot keep to the compulsory curfew, will they be killed and does the oro ritual make provision for that ?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by obi123: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
hensben: did ramadan not restrict people's movement few weeks ago, are everybody in nigeria moslem, you think people dont have something to do that week...smh.blackslaves

yes and was there a curfew for the Ramadan?

This is nothing against tradition, yoruba , ibo or whetever else , yes a ritual has been scheduled , we respect that, i mean if we have xmas, easter, ramadan etc,why shouldn't you have oro ritual but what happens to those who due to unforeseen circumstance cannot keep to the compulsory curfew, will they be killed and does the oro ritual make provision for that ?

meanwhile what are you on about please black slaves

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

We aren't begging u to invest in Lagos?? Pls take ur investments to Anambra and Enugu we don't want those who can't respect our tradition in our own Towns
traditions my azz..
a tradition which uses human heads to bury their rulers is babaric and shouldnt be practiced in d city..
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

f.uck ur gods or whatever..no one gives a shit abt dat..
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Donfamous(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
Emmaomotob: Woe betide you.HOPELESS BIAFRAN! angry
epitome of who u are. Stop following dese useless gods that can't save u.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: f.uck ur gods or whatever..no one gives a shit abt dat..

fvck your jesus! that basta.rd jew was the source of all todays world problems.

fvcking jews.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
kendrick93: traditions my azz..
a tradition which uses human heads to bury their rulers is babaric and shouldnt be practiced in d city..

Now I firmly believe that our ancestors were wise.

And Im not even joking. Some heads really need to be buried.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dragonking:

You mentioned Nigerian constitution you ignorant coward!!!

So, tell us if the chinese/ japanese have their tradition incorporated into their country constitution?
there are body of laws governing the country including d constitution and customary laws so wats ur problm wif d chinese? u keep screaming originality still u make comparison wit asian states..hypocrite!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: there are body of laws governing the country including d constitution and customary laws so wats ur problm wif d chinese? u keep screaming originality still u make comparison wit asian states..hypocrite!

If the practice of Oro ritual rites was wrong and wasnt recognized and accepted by the Nigerian government, then why havent they done anything about it all this years?..

If you dont like the ritual rites either you report this to the nearest police or shut the fvck up.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Donfamous(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

But boko haram and oro fa. g gots can be violent, shey?

Restrict my movement and watch heads roll on the streets.
My kind of Christianity will accept 2 slaps on the face, but the 3rd one will land you in the grave.

I posses the fruit of gentleness as described in my Bible, but do not misplace gentleness for docility.
dis man get mouth
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

You no see im name?? na from im blockus im dey reason na grin grin
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Donfamous(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

fvck your jesus! that basta.rd jew was the source of all todays world problems.

fvcking jews.
dis guy dey make me laff, I'm sure u must ac started crying. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Dragonking: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: there are body of laws governing the country including d constitution and customary laws so wats ur problm wif d chinese? u keep screaming originality still u make comparison wit asian states..hypocrite!

The only comparison i made with the Asian states is that they still hold their tradition as if their lives depend on it unlike you black slaves that has abandoned yours to lick the white man's azz.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo) / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.