Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,029 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (47972 Views)

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by kendrick93(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

As much as am nt in for killing people its the law which their disobeyed so they are not innocent people but criminals

If you have problem with that don't come here, stay away from Yorubaland

would be better to just obey and stay indoors till the curfew is over but ur Igbo stubbornness that has made u utter rubbish since could push u to your death, not my fault you were warned.
pathetic..u are shameless. u dnt deserve to live with humans..
my death? u wish
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

What requirements of customary laws?? Customary laws are subject to traditional laws not the other way round

Go school urself
customary laws compose of traditional laws u ignoramus...m done wit ur ignorance
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
ibedun:

Moving forward where?

How can you move forward without retaining your culture? Do you or any of your relatives even have a landed property in Yorubaland?

@Bolded... [size=18pt]Voice-mail[/size]
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by sorom4: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
disloman: C ya life.No like cos pple see ur comment so silly n stup.....I'd.
Its a pity that I don't comment in oda to get LIKES. I say what I knw its d truth. JUJU + CHARMS = YORUBALAND. #fact
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by hensben(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
luvola: I can categorically concludes that your senility has just recorded a new guiness book of record. So because of a myopic tradition,citizens movement should be restricted ? I give up on you.
havent you heard when you are in rome behave like romans. so they should abolish their religion because you are there abi

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Blockus: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:
Ok! But where you get this ur name from?

Inside my Boxers na.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

If u have nothing in common with oro and Yoruba traditions (as you have said the bold)
Then you aren't Yoruba

How can u be Yoruba when you have nothing in common with Yorubas Are u suffering from a mental disorder?

Don't you get it? I am a Yoruba by Birth (Hence, I speak Yoruba), but a Christian by Re-birth. I have nothing in common with hypocritical fa.g. gots who carry 'shigidi' today, and hold on to the cross of Jesus tomorrow.

Yoruba is a Language, and where I come from, we do not recognize Oro.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by danielblessing(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
. . .Does anyone from ikorodu area have an idea when the oro will end?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by CharlieMaria(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
wagazala:

And what has your White Jesus been able to do about Ebola?
Must you blaspheme God?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

And so what?? If people don't like u where you are pls go back to your father's compound where you are free to do anything
This ur little tale is no case

I hope you'd stop shouting "racism" when a white man offer you banana?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by popsky(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
We must always adhere to our culture.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by HYBREED(m): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2014
samflexxy: why would ebola not afect african countries when stupid cultural practices like this still go on in the so called computer age
......u are simply myopic....why would u say such about the culture and tradition of glorious people of ikd. It is ur kind that will glorify the papacy when they are performing their "secret ritual rite" in sistine chapel when selecting a new pope... This is the reason we are a lost continent. We simply allow the "white" to bedevil our culture and tradition to embrace theirs. I sorry 4 ur children.

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Legendbaba1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
drestoneokuta: What about people that are covered with the blood of Jesus? undecided
come out with ur pastor and see wat ur blood of jesus will see mumu

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by MrDoGood(m): 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Damager:

Say dis any wea close to Benin Nd dem go kill u 1st.. mind ur speech bro
i can see d benin blood already running in ur veins.
ur own don finish.
oba no go die one day?
na GOD?
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

Don't you get it? I am a Yoruba by Birth (Hence, I speak Yoruba), but a Christian by Re-birth. I have nothing in common with hypocritical fa.g. gots who carry 'shigidi' today, and hold on to the cross of Jesus tomorrow.

If your don't recognize oro where you come from..then where you come from isn't Yoruba.
It's that simple. You are a beast of no identity not a Yoruba man pls don't attach yourself to us by force

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by macof(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
lanaVello1: customary laws compose of traditional laws u ignoramus...m done wit ur ignorance

Customary laws are subject to traditional laws...any other way you say it like "Customary laws compose of traditional laws" doesn't refute that fact.
So it is u that is ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by korent: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Earthily tins.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by penzino(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
Acidosis:

my brother, wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
Afrocatalyst:

Oga, this is Lagos. Forget that culture you're talking about. Go to your village and practise that!
I understand the importance of culture but not at the expense of those who don't belong with you!
ehn ehn,Lag ,and then what? Because it is Lag ppl should not practice their culture? Is Lag not their state or town? What are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by obi123: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Then Bleep off this thread and leave ur opinion to urself

wow,macof ,try and not get your panties in a bunch , the oro ritual will go on as planned
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by bussicutie(f): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please how true is it dat the restricted movements would last for 7days??
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
[size=28pt]Could someone please announce that I (me) would be coming to Ikorodu. [/size]
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
ibdeals1:

Lol i get...charms test..and been man enough...i hav feared ikorodu(ikoh du) grin for some time now i knw the can be really dangerous even though i still fear that town in ondo i told u abt..am sure u live there if you re allowed to witness the event tomorrow pls kindly take some pics and upload cheesy

Firstly, I am a committed muslim. One of the sons of the last Chief Imam of Ikorodu Division. So I can't be in their midst.

Secondly, it will be very difficult to take a shot because if you are caught doing so; a severe curse will be showered on the fellow with horns and potent diabolical power (Gbooun gboun, ase, afose, to daju).

A related occurrence was relayed to me that took place today at Etunrenren area involving a woman trying to snap pictures secretly but was detected. Behold, it is been said that it was rain of curses on her.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
bussicutie: Please how true is it dat the restricted movements would last for 7days??

That's a blatant lie, it is not so.

Another announcement was made this night that nobody should be outside when it is 9:00pm because the Eluku will cry starting from that time.

Any further development will be made available to you all to safeguard all and sundry from this pagan practice.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
MrDoGood:
i can see d benin blood already running in ur veins.
ur own don finish.
oba no go die one day?
na GOD?

I no b Benin I just happen to Skul dea Nd knw Hw much it means to dem
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Acidosis(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

If your don't recognize oro where you come from..then where you come from isn't Yoruba.
It's that simple. You are a beast of no identity not a Yoruba man pls don't attach yourself to us by force

Are you a learner?

Are you aware some progress-focused Obas have banned that act of i.diocy called Oro. In Ekiti State alone, I can name 5 Kings...

2 Likes

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by pussygotlips: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
Madcow1
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by amodu(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
WARNING TO ALL THOSE WHO THINK
TRADITION CAN BE RIDICLED IN IKORODU
PLEASE DONT OVERSTEP YOUR BOUNDARY!!!!!!!
!!! In every society, even in the western world like
britain , America , brazil and china, they have their
do and dont, which simply means every society has it
own law, so am using this medium to plead to
everybody staying or working within and around
ikorodu to respect theirselves and the tradition of
ikorodu land, because the annoucement beign made
by the authority in charge of ikorodu, which has to
do with the burial rite for our late OBA S A A
Oyefusi, and i believe it has the consent of
government, by the virtue of traditional and
chieftancy law, so lets all obey what ever we are
instructed to do by the owner of the land in
respective of our status whether we are indigeine or
non indigeine, it not a matter of indigeinship alone,
we are all equal before the law, so lets be attentive
and observant olodunmare ama soowa, amooo
kaasooraa waa oo

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by ibdeals1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
amodu:

Firstly, I am a committed muslim. One of the sons of the last Chief Imam of Ikorodu Division. So I can't be in their midst.

Secondly, it will be very difficult to take a shot because if you are caught doing so; a severe curse will be showered on the fellow with horns and potent diabolical power (Gbooun gboun, ase, afose, to daju).

A related occurrence was relayed to me that took place today at Etunrenren area involving a woman trying to snap pictures secretly but was detected. Behold, it is been said that it was rain of curses on her.

Bro i feel you grin,these got me laughing realy hard..your soo right those people na real confirm jazz they get and them no they hesistate to even use it on their family nt to talk of outsider..hav always feared cultural festival like that and the curses are highly contagious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed..

1 Like

Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by lanaVello1(m): 10:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
macof:

Customary laws are subject to traditional laws...any other way you say it like "Customary laws compose of traditional laws" doesn't refute that fact.
So it is u that is ignorant
READ!
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
amodu:

That's a blatant lie, it is not so.

Another announcement was made this night that nobody should be outside when it is 9:00pm because the Eluku will cry starting from that time.

Any further development will be made available to you all to safeguard all and sundry from this pagan practice.

This oro really disrupted our product development today. All in all we saw students to buy our products.

I hope there is free movement tomorrow, I seriously hope.
Re: Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). by calaharry: 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=dridowu][size=20pt]If you can"t respect the culture then that is your problem.[/size][/quote

When will u Africans embrace civilizatn? You keep mixing dark powers with power of the Almighty and expect to progress. That is why darkness can never Cease in Nigeria because of fetish practises embellishing most culture. You cant serve Two Gods in ur lifetime otherwise you remain in delusional contradiction for life. This is why the ppl wallow in abject backwardness amidst plenty of natural resources because the leaders lack devine inspiration as a result of holding same contoured belief of serving God and idol at same time. Reflect and take a stand,you will see the answer.
I have gone far and wide there is no civilized society where ppl right of movement is curtailed by cultural ceremonies. Americans do haloween, the Chinese do their budhist rituals, no matter who u are be it usa president u don't use cultural rites to lay siege on ppl, it is against God's ordinance and it is against civil liberty and against natural justice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.