Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95398 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Akainzo(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
freecocoa: May thunder fire you, you this silly girl, you still even have the nerves to talk rubbish.

Do you know that you could be responsible for some serious health issues or possible death sef? I wonder what you learn in that university, thank your stars this is Nigeria, you for just rot in jail, ewu, though it's obvious you are just looking for attention but e no go better for you for joking with important stuff as this.

Abeg free the girl jor! Many people make jokes about things in life and they remain what it is, A JOKE!

If so called educated people in Nigeria could believe such stuff as taking a bath with salt water will prevent/cure Ebola, then sonmething is very very wrong with our educational system.

Abeg free whoever started the joke; Any educated person that believed it and actually took such a bath, should be flogged.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindurbiznes: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.

naturalingredient.org/Articles/salt.htm

the issue lies in the drinking. just saying
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tapout(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
cgniyi:

I find it funny actually. My mum first informed me this morning. Also received a text from a friend.
The first thing that came to my mind is that this is obviously a rumor.
I even thought about starting a rumor myself - urinate in bath water to prevent ebola spread.
But i gave myself brain sharply.That would actually have caused more harm.
I was offended by the fact that anyone would believe the salt and water thing in the first place.
In this day and age of information technology, ppl still fall for these kinds of story, smh
Whether u started the rumor or not, one should take time to confirm any story they receive. What do we have internet and google for?

true...but remember d@ there are people who don't even know what d internet is all about not to talk of accessing it..what they hear is what they believe.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by babtunsk(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
tongue

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by godofwar666(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2014
My Research shows me that: As you bath with salt, remember H2O+NaCl=HCl+NaOH. That means u are increasing the acidic content of ur body!!! Remember also that your body has lots of salt already, sweat tastes salty and ebola virus thrives very well in such conditions! By adding more salt, u increase the change of its mutation #IGNORAMOUS_Being source:#Google

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by uzoexcel(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2014
oh u think this is fit for the joke boards...ths s a disease which may soon turn into an epidemic and u debating with me the hilarity of 'the joke'..I really v no words for u
3sha4lyf:

... Quiet please!!! Then why haven't the producers of Prank Calls and the likes been arrested or sent to "gulag straight"?

Smh for people without joke boards. Blame yourself for believing the prank... Shows how easy it is to brainwash people

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by iscom(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2014
Whether it's rumours or not, I've already bathed. Though someone told me it is tb Joshua prophecy.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by uzoexcel(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2014
tell 'em
godofwar666: My Research shows me that: As you bath with salt, remember H2O+NaCl=HCl+NaOH. That means u are increasing the acidic content of ur body!!! Remember also that your body has lots of salt already, sweat tastes salty and ebola virus thrives very well in such conditions! By adding more salt, u increase the change of its mutation #IGNORAMOUS_Being source:#Google
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kudoxs(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw
you know you deserved to be insulted so you are just trying to put up a defense, shows the kinda person you really are.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by uriel20(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Expensive prank u made dear. I knw u n ur joke hv bcm famous even more dan d disease......... Plz endevour nt to do such a fin again ooooooo..........
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Now they are saying the message is from Mbaka and TB Joshua undecided

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 08, 2014
Dear Nairalanders please sign the petition. It is by a doctor and his name is Ahmed Tejan-Sie MD and he wants us to get the FDA (USA) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. This petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters.

I am pleading to all Nairalanders to support this noble cause, don't joke with this problem called Ebola. We remember the massive amounts of deaths that SARS caused in south east asian countries, please let us support this cause, it takes only 1 minute... just 1 minute to sign and please invite your friends to sign the petition. We would all live long to play with our grandchildren and great-grandchildren amen!

Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here RIGHT NOW - DON'T POSTPONE THIS:

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

PS: PLEASE ALSO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THE PETITION.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by DukeGeorge: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2014
Please add some acid to quicken the salt water solution. It kills ebola faster!!!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 3sha4lyf: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2014
uzoexcel: oh u think this is fit for the joke boards...ths s a disease which may soon turn into an epidemic and u debating with me the hilarity of 'the joke'..I really v no words for u

People joke with AIDS till today... Isn't that as deadly? Please guys, grow up. It was a joke, an expensive one at that. I'm not saying the poster did well but it's worst that we actually bathed with salt without reasoning. Feels like people will put their hands in fire if there was a message that fire will scare Ebola... That's if it doesn't already.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by elari(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2014
cirmuell: i cee yhu be confirmed mumu even after telling you to go check my previous post this morning. i don't rap with your likes, too dumb.

Ote
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by geeloyal: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2014
@op you know you would not have done that, it is so awkward, because it went viral, it even got to other states, please that kinda joke is too expensive, please dnt try such anymore.

instead of joke with this deadly disease, find solutions to it please.

news took it also this morning that it was a rumor.

well it has been done, just go publish it to the web and other social media, not only on nairaland sad
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jajajaja828: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2014
You are a dunce and slow learner. D way a woman has miscarriage is d way Nigeria will has miscarriage for u. Is because u r jobless that's why u r playing with life threatening issue like this. Something the whole country confirm National Emergency. You are playing with it. People like you are minus to the system.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bidexmat(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
na u cause sleepess night for the whole country abi? Even ma sis wey nor gree call me for eight months called me yesterdai dey issue warnings. What u prescribed could cause a serious ailment to people who are hypertensive. Cancer in check! Ogbeni u nid to ask God for forgiveness!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kudoxs(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!
my dear, you are definitely one of those kids you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by uzoexcel(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2014
ur sense of humor is frankly outrageous
3sha4lyf:

People joke with AIDS till today... Isn't that as deadly? Please guys, grow up. It was a joke, an expensive one at that. I'm not saying the poster did well but it's worst that we actually bathed with salt without reasoning. Feels like people will put their hands in fire if there was a message that fire will scare Ebola... That's if it doesn't already.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kudoxs(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jerk: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2014
@op confess ur sins to God bcus u hv killed a lot of people wt ths fake news,many will suffer kidney problems bcus of this.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Dawinlove(m): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2014
Don't be deceived by illiterate with out common sence trying to make money from SELLING SALT, EBOLA virus is only contacted via FLUIDS, BLOOD or SWEAT, SEMEN contact with the victims only and salt solution can never stop the virus from penetrating the skin of mammals, so don't be FOOLED and bathe normally with soap and clean water and at most avoid contact with infected dieing persons only.... Nigeria only have a record of one (1) dead Ebola victim , STOP THE EBOLA PANIC today and live a faithful life,....
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 3sha4lyf: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2014
uzoexcel: ur sense of humor is frankly outrageous

Yeah, it's weird as well. =D that's why the little things adult Nigerians fall for makes cracks my ribs. wink

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bayoromeo(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Hav bath last with hot h20 now since 1991..thanks anyway..that's not even my prob..I pray make US no dey deport naija now sha..cos of this..lol
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bidexmat(m): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
na u cause sleepess night for the whole country abi? Even ma sis wey nor gree call me for eight months called me yesterdai dey issue warnings. What u prescribed could cause a serious ailment to people who are hypertensive. Cancer in check! Ogbeni u nid to ask God for forgiveness! U call this a joke @da detriment of 170 million nigerians?!! Chai!!! Am numb!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Unik2me: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2014
I thought University is a place Ppl make research to better themselves and the society at large. Instead of being part of the solutions to the societal problem, you decided to be a problem yourself. Its a pity, some phones are not meant for people like you or maybe you need guidiance while using some gargets. Anyway thanks for the courage to own up to your ignorance. Apology accepted.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Uniquexty(f): 11:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Op is a ram
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by uzoexcel(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2014
apart from this...letz create a pertition abolishing ECOWAS cos they are so many dim witted people there..they allowed a delegate with a disease to come into this country
or better still create a pertition giving funds and empowering our local herbal doctors to do their own research to find ds cure as our academic institutions in pharmacy and health are nothing to write home about. We cant wait and depend on the white man to produce drugs and sell to us

teeowl: Dear Nairalanders please sign the petition. It is by a doctor and his name is Ahmed Tejan-Sie MD and he wants us to get the FDA (USA) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. This petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters.

I am pleading to all Nairalanders to support this noble cause, don't joke with this problem called Ebola. We remember the massive amounts of deaths that SARS caused in south east asian countries, please let us support this cause, it takes only 1 minute... just 1 minute to sign and please invite your friends to sign the petition. We would all live long to play with our grandchildren and great-grandchildren amen!

Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here RIGHT NOW - DON'T POSTPONE THIS:

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

PS: PLEASE ALSO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THE PETITION.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by zaynie(f): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2014
Most ppl in my area are looking unusually white(saltwater bath) and I've been trying to tell them its a joke Ooº°˚˚° buh dem no gree answer, they said prevention is better than cure!

Issoryt.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Pinkytracy: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2014
horlabiyi: Lies

waiting
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dmcdad: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2014
pamcode: young gal u played a prank on d whole naija 140000000 pple
You mean 180million?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.