Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95395 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2014
o boy see as new pages dey open...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Jskelly11: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Op na you ba wey make me dey wake me by 4 a m wetin i go do you self
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2014
valkingsley: I am in the park now at enugu and some roadside drug sellers are using that to market their drugs telling passersby to bathe with and drink salt water to cure and prevent all nyamanyama diseases. Btw I have edited my former post.

alright famz.....i don't even know what to say than it was highly expensive............its high time nigerian's look for sensible solutions than always creating stupid jokes with health related issues !.................meanwhile she just enriched dangote"s pocket again and again..............what a joke

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by xynerise: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2014
olubukato:

Lolzzz... Omuti grin grin
Same to you tongue

Op just got the attention she has been dreaming of
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Blaqsmith(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2014
Barselonia:
he be like Ebola Don catch u
na Ebola go catch u sire...mr W3r3 grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 08, 2014
This salt and warm water thing caused a big fight between my hubby and I this morning. I refused bathing and drinking the salt warm water. I also refused doing the same to my daughter. He tried forcing me but I refused because I knew its not true. Salt and warm water has no correlation with the ebola virus. I knew someone must have made up the Joke and thank God we are in a country where spirituality is attached to everything. Some even said its a pastor that said nigerians should bath with salt. I told my husband that I am a christian and all that is needed to be done is to Soak myself and my family in the blood of Jesus. What I believe in is what works for me. @ op, apology accepted. I've just forwarded your post to my hubby but still he is saying I should bath and drink the salt warm water lols.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by onegig(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Mr man! No insult please!
Mtcheww.
I was just kidding with my friends, i did not even say they should rebroadcast it! It was later that i saw the message that said people Should rebroadcast. Who asked them to edit the message i sent!

Please let us be matured.
See who's preaching maturity. Common sense should tell you that peddling misinformation in such a situation is a bigger crime than even murder. You have the bloods of million of people who took to your advise and maybe ill from drinking bath water in your hands.

You are so disgusting!! I hope you can go to bed with the thought of what your silly actions and leprous hands has caused. Your type should be incarcerated and sent to jail for causing great breach of public peace and endangering the public health of millions as an example to others in future to know that the least thing you do when you have an endemic virus on rampage is to keep your stinking mouth shut and not spread misinformation.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by frankobaba(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Distributors Wanted

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Superstar007(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Op. You are a Genius, though you should have used something else as salt could be harmful to the body.
This has just exposed the level of illiteracy in this country.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Adeoba10(m): 10:34am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
I am not a guy!
Do guys stay in female hostels?
You can see that it is ur own head that is not correct
Choiii.... At ur age and marital status, u still dey carry rumour... Make u divert dat tym wey u dey take plan dat rumour to sumtyn else, I bet u, u for done mak am pass Bill Gate... Aunty ode.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by klensx: 10:35am On Aug 08, 2014
You have made people bath and drink salt water this morning, even my parents called me this morning to bath salt water morning and night, there are things you don't joke with, mind what you post on social network Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't rebroadcast any kind of message on bb or watsapp,even the one of Jesus and Mohammed is coming soon undecided

ayusco85: If you received any message about salt in warm water preventing Ebola and you believed and spread that message, here are some small 'tips' for you:1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic or college of education and return your degree certificate2. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid on your education.
IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED THAT 2 FEMALE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS CAME UP WITH THE SALT & WATER THING but unfortunately, many gullible Nigerians especially we the elites fell for it to the extent of some hospitalised due to high consumption of salty water. I sincerely dont regret putting off my phone b4 going to bed last 9te

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by DrMalik(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
WHY WE SHOULDN'T ENCOURAGE SALT-DRINKING AND SALT-BATHING FOR EBOLA VIRAL DISEASE PREVENTION!

By Dr. 'Malik Haruna King

#1: IT IS DECEPTIVE: Just like eating bitter-kola for cure, drinking warm salty water (or bathing with same at night) has absolutely no proven scientific or medical basis or evidence for prevention of EVD. Truth is bitter but it's healthier than salty lies and false hope!

#2: IT IS DISTRACTING: This would distract from the momentum we are trying to create for the effective way of preventing the spread of this deadly virus. Some people might become careless and lessen their commitment to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation!

#3: IT IS DANGEROUS: Salt is powerful--it can kill! That's why for ORT (for diarrhea treatment), we tell you the exact amount of salt and sugar to put in a clearly specified amount of water! Careless drinking and bathing with salt-water, especially if done repeatedly, is NOT advisable. It also raises the blood pressure and affect the skin.

#4: IT IS DISTURBING: I know of countries that have never had a single incidence of "Ebola", but have invested millions of dollars in research, gotten possible vaccines and drugs, done trials in animals (with success ), and have everything ready in case this virus enters their country! People are dying in Nigeria; see what we (including our graduates and scientists) are believing and broadcasting!

Ebola virus disease is NOT (and has not become) airborne! Spread is by physical contact.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ceejayluv(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
My colleague here, a chemical engineer , top-of-the-class graduate, bathed with salt this morn on getting the message.... I've lost some respect, man.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
an old man died this morning cos of much salt intake...we are coming for you op

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kendrick93(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.
u are just an attension seeker..people are dyin yet u are here seekin attension.. u sound childish,grow up

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Swash042(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Idontbeliv dis op.....she might b one of those attention seekers. grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tomiobj(m): 10:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Djicemob: Jealous of what exactly? A stup1d joke? SMH for some people's reasoning.
. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Dint mention any name

Have a sense of humour. A joke among the op's peers got out of hand. Ans u blame her
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Bimzu: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
even people in the villiage are aware. However, i heard that d salt and water solution is effective since ebola is airborne.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Galadimabawa: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
Ever sence it does not make any sance to me, my kid bross that text me for it last night, has regret ever texting me such a message.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by segzyj(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
. Your identity and where about now known...... We will apprehend you soon
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by oniconx: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
waja: . Your mumu no get square root. U make salt enter my eyes by 2a.m and you are talking gibberish here. My recharge card finished and my closest rival (Dangote) has enriched His purse. In fact thunder go fire your yansh.
Na you mumu pass. Walahi. The girl who started the prank is a genius. Stupid, ignorant, miracle seeking ,educated (really educated?) fools are many people.Just bath with acid to cure or prevent HIV. Stone age people. You for die of cold this early morning.!

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by cirmuell(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
elari:

See ote. People abi u. U wan use style cover face. Go siddon jor
i cee yhu be confirmed mumu even after telling you to go check my previous post this morning. i don't rap with your likes, too dumb.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dasparrow: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2014
@Adesewa AKA DRealGeesam1

Mistakes happen. Your apology is accepted atleast by me. My mother woke up this morning and started bathing with warm water and salt while complaining that she hates bathing with warm water and that salt is not good for a woman her age. She is above the age of 60. Her phone was ringing through the night. People kept calling her to tell her to bath with warm water and salt and drink some too. She told my brother, our house help and all of our family members to do the same. I told her I ain't doing that crap. I have sensitive skin and will not bath with salted water. I am covered by the blood of Christ Jesus so ebola can go to hell.

On a side note, Nigerians can mumu sha. I told my brother that there is no way salt and warm water can protect one from a deadly virus like ebola. I told my brother that this news is a rumor and that unless I hear this message from the world health organization (WHO), then I am not buying into it. This was long before I even logged into Nairaland and saw this thread on the homepage. It goes to show how gullible many Nigerians are if they could believe that a deadly contagious virus like ebola that causes internal bleeding could be prevented by drinking mere warm water and salt and bathing with it. No wonder the white man dey take us do yeye for Naija because dem no say our people no get sense!

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by onyxo76(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
very disappointed in you... playing pranks when people out there are already so scared to even shake hands or hug... if it were in some advanced country you would have been picked up by security agents within an hour of posting your message thanks to gps tracking.
Its not funny at all!!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bimpnbell: 10:38am On Aug 08, 2014
you will pay dearly for this i am sure the government would not fold there arms and watch citizens joke with human health.you will be tracked through your nairaland id and school details as well that's a promise.be prepared

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by elbinmanny(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
SegunFlames: [b]Viewing this topic: onstelly(f), IHate9ja1(m), obyrich(m), spywareczar(m), vanguard2013(m), Henry22(m), Monarchmindset(m), obed92, Calebosko(m), mexxy24, SEVO7, adehsenior, Silensa(m), phemmyjohnson, EngrAbiola, Mightyify(m), mofuflex(m), Vick4v(m), Sylverkenz(m), Tripleclick, ifeanyichima, 5minsmadness, nneh1(f), akrufus08(m), Segipaul, babadee1(m), melodyj(m), Princewell2012, GSKing, elbinmanny, kenny15(m), Lokogoma, rhozay96(m), topwiz(m), Blaqsmith(m), NaijaTalkTown(m), sonogo(m), horlabiyi, danniyal(m), orlaryhincah(m), sisqology(m), Elementdaking(m), 1stUnique(m), ab3458(m), MuniruA(m), chalbert, Pluslargent, Randerl, nadico(m), funshae, Benart, thormywa, DRealGeesam1(f), bayogbite(m), abt(m), ladywise, muyiwa101, Elxandre(m), Cupidarrow, tutaboi(m), Capableben(m), drbiola(m), oluwashegunfunm, Amefrica(m), chii8(f), dcahamp001, Tapout(m), DheEmir(m), Alishachris, Elsielex, bountiouz, bosunjohns, musb92yahooco, bollify(m), olaide721, emydiddy(m), youngwolf(m), Anaskie(m), prodiG(m), crownprince7(m), dasparrow, Adeola894, micbabs(m), Chrisjane(f), hulkmandaza(m), gab4u, Diamondpen(m), ayusco85(m), toluene2016(m), smartoliver(m), Udehpaschal1(m), SimaDida(m), brilapluz(m), Hardeyoye, deewon56, Superstar007(m), dunkem21(m), killercute16, elinma, chukwuma10, Inik(m), Flexskillz(m), sammycarz(m), cheries, hazyfm, KENNEDYPHD, yajebu, mfonjones, stanchuks(m), ChelseaKings, oladimejiX, donsteady(m), davedozz(m), Dawinlove(m), Twinmama(f), konnet, chiebube, ojuoluwani(m), freshpreshy, phunmie3107, maingwaest(f), bouqui009(f), xynerise(m), chibuzz89, worldman2, kirian202(m), 1one(m), Hernyolar(f), atookss87, Albert0011(m), sandy409(m), RuxyG, venorite, Edunwa302(m), mariannlove(f), tommylee07, Mrvirgin, barika2011(m), justphillips(m), lonngmann(m), kayusbrown(m), Kenneth205(m), hueyReckless, whytet01, KMJY(m), cupid4ig(m), DaGC(m), pendusky(m), Worldchamp(f), bigomoh, Bimfo(m), Djicemob(m), ibrodex, speezyWears, ZeusAyo, andresia, Bestluv584(f), bolafez(m), kullozone(m), Uglyduckling, naijalien, Mpeace(m), Rahmas(f), Drive512(m), NET1(m), stdavidsally, Valfrankie(m), Janetozi(f), trillville(m), yankson27(m), Preboy, halilu44, asog, Kjking(m), fulloflife, sallee(f), Aksimple47, amiibaby, tee4light, Okaka27(m), ugopeter(m), tuffgongjo(m), pamcode(m), OYEBIMPE01, camizzy(f), Trizyd, ifyalways(f), Kenny4lyfe(m), oladipoolaitan(m), Michdear(f), eksbabe(f), 2chainzz(m), lordspiritual(m), Agbgift(f), lat4real, ojokojonwanyi(f), boudinage, masperano(m), 80million1, Oliversamuel, waja(m), ano460, yummy001, TreasuredGlory, Archmed, bisdam25, Tiano01, Datsleekdude, pastrydelightz(f), adisaade2012(m), dammydoo(m), freecharles(m), bluebros, valkingsley(m), nuelnuel, MizEmpress(f), platz(m), IronBoi(m), boneruns(m), mindurbiznes, adelacuna(m), NLFreak(m), gebest, Barselonia(m), bosun11(m), Happywoman(f), onatisi(m), finofaya, emeka762001, MIB1(m), santosslam, Yomite22(m), ObiOkpor(m), abasifo(m), yemminz, Frankenstein(m), arocheezy(m), ideology(m), DANADAMS, Almeria(f) and 423 guest(s)[/b]

ChAiiiii!!! shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
prospective dangote salt customers grin

5 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Janetozi(f): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
The message have circulated everywhere already & many have already bath with the salt + water as well as drink it. It is too late

you just have to understand that there is time for everything, this is not a time to play prank on people because their live is involve.

People a facing lot of problems already; boko haram + ebola and are desperate for solution, ready to accept any recommended solution whether proven scientifically or not. So don't capitalized on their fear to play prank on them.

Op if u don't have anything doing, get ur bible and start praying & let see if God will have mercy & take away this Egyptians disease From us the Israelites, for God is able.

I have 4given u, hope other affect ppl forgive u too

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
freecocoa: May thunder fire you, you this silly girl, you still even have the nerves to talk rubbish.

Do you know that you could be responsible for some serious health issues or possible death sef? I wonder what you learn in that university, thank your stars this is Nigeria, you for just rot in jail, ewu, though it's obvious you are just looking for attention but e no go better for you for joking with important stuff as this.
easy dear smiley

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by patrickmuf(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2014
I knew one clown like the op will come out to claim responsibility...

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ZeusAyo: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2014
I must say am impressed for pulling off such a mega prank...... But seriously its not her fault as she wasn't the one but her friends who started the broadcast
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 08, 2014
cirmuell: what an overwhelmingly disappointing heartbreak of a comment. dude you're foolish...in a sane country, she should be behind bars now. do you have any idea the level of panic she caused with her stupid joke? do you know how many people are allergic to salt but have to take it 'cause of fear of the unknown?. worst of all refined salt? dumb mofo. angry
Lol...you don't have to show your foolishness here so called perfect nigerian that knows what's right. How's is she supposed to be behind bars? How are they supposed to know? Have you reported her to the right authorities? Govt govt that, have you done your own part by reporting her. You blame the govt, I don't blame you sha. You lack common sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.